L2 Store ruined the game.

BroBro

This Lineage 2 Classic server could have been absolutely phenomenal, but the L2 store just completely destroyed any nostalgia goggles I had.

I was in the server for launch and played for 3 hours... People were already around level 25 with their stupid ass xp scrolls and bought soul shots/spirit shots. THIS IS A COMPLETE FAILURE OF RECREATING A CLASSIC GAME. This company does not care about the game, they only care about making money off of carebears. I mean literally players have 80% bonus xp for a month. HOW CAN YOU ADVERTISE THIS CLASSIC SERVER AS A NOSTALGIC GRIND WITH THIS CRAP GOING ON? The dev team is absolutely CLUELESS with the decisions for this game - ever since release the game has went further and further in the wrong direction until now where it's just stuck in a cycle of imbalance and bad decisions.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you want full classic you might as well be ready to pay subscription fees again, otherwise if you want to see the servers as crowded as they are then shut the bleep up and understand the free to play model requires some other ways to generate profit and your freeloader asses can enjoy this game because of the people that willingly spends their money on pixels.

I agree, I played for two hours  and realized what the store offers and uninstalled the game, No one that played original L2 and comes back for the "CLASSIC" experience will want to play the current iteration of the classic environment, They clearly made this classic server for the existing player base and have no regard for returning players that genuinely wanted a classic true to heart original experience. paying for exp = pay to win.  

Just now, Unleashed said:

freeloaders and millennials  destroyed the MMORPG market.

I am 30 years old. I own a home. I own a 2016 Mustang GT. I work atleast 40 hours a week. I am also an avid gamer in my free time, but nice try. 

I have plenty of gaming experience from many different genres. There is a reason WoW is still the strongest and best MMO out there after all this time. It never stopped requiring $15 a month and it was never pay to win... go figure. BLIZZARD HAS A DEV TEAM THAT MAKES GOOD DECISIONS INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO CAREBEARS.

3 minutes ago, BroBro said:

I am 30 years old. I own a home. I own a 2016 Mustang GT. I work atleast 40 hours a week. I am also an avid gamer in my free time, but nice try. 

So that makes you a Millennial, just not a free loader.

Yes, the store is irritating, and the expense of everything is also, but you don't have to use the store.  I'm slogging along having to think through the challenges of getting enough adena.  It's really fun seeing the old towns and NPCs, all the critters etc.  Of course, it's all too crowded right now, so let the rick buy their way up the ladder.  I want to travel leisurely, find the most lucrative quests, occasionally fight without shots, run for the hills when attacked by more than I can handle, etc.   I just spent 5 hours and had a great time! Nothing was ruined for me.

2 minutes ago, Tynk said:

Yes, the store is irritating, and the expense of everything is also, but you don't have to use the store.  I'm slogging along having to think through the challenges of getting enough adena.  It's really fun seeing the old towns and NPCs, all the critters etc.  Of course, it's all too crowded right now, so let the rick buy their way up the ladder.  I want to travel leisurely, find the most lucrative quests, occasionally fight without shots, run for the hills when attacked by more than I can handle, etc.   I just spent 5 hours and had a great time! Nothing was ruined for me.

That's cool and all, but you'll never compete in anything within the server. Say no to castle sieges, raids, anything. Count yourself out.

Just now, BroBro said:

That's cool and all, but you'll never compete in anything within the server. Say no to castle sieges, raids, anything. Count yourself out.

literally what the hell are you talking about, all these activities are not affected by what the ingame store offers right now. If you have a well organized clan you can simply get the exp boost given by the party, also being competitive in these things requires a collective effort not just some dude paying for a coloured title or some exp scrolls.

you're just eager to bleep about stuff that you literally neglect yourself from enjoying the experience of coming back to an extremely crowded L2, but that's up to you, just don't try to push your narrative into everyone's experience.

1 minute ago, Unleashed said:

literally what the hell are you talking about, all these activities are not affected by what the ingame store offers right now. If you have a well organized clan you can simply get the exp boost given by the party, also being competitive in these things requires a collective effort not just some dude paying for a coloured title or some exp scrolls.

you're just eager to bleep about stuff that you literally neglect yourself from enjoying the experience of coming back to an extremely crowded L2, but that's up to you, just don't try to push your narrative into everyone's experience.

You're blind buddy.

Answer me this... why are you in the forum looking at my thread vs playing the game?

no, you're just a whiny bleep.

I'm the opposite. I'm not the guys paying real money to get an advantage over others. The store all originated from whiny bitches crying they couldn't compete.

MMO now are $60 to buy, and $15 monthly fees, so $75 for the first month. To maintain VIP4 status, you need to spend $50, and ~$17 per month, at the end of the day it is the same thing.

Instead of looking at the L2Store as P2W, just look at f2p getting 80% reduced xp, but is allow to pay for free. Or may be you expect they run the  server for free and give no incentive for paying them money?

you're so full of yourself that you believe you hold the truth on everything you say, however you cannot comprehend that there's people willing to support this project and don't mind to give some money to bring back some nostalgia. You think you're entitled to receive a AAA service for free without thinking on the people making that possible.

bleep off.

What? youre missing the point, the issue  isnt spending the money to support the game, its what the money gives you, its an outright advantage and is bad for the game as a whole, it makes it less competitive and intern less fun over all, I have no problem spending money to support the game, which i have done in the past and do for other games, its the advantage it gives you as a player thats not right, its a bad practice, seems like a money grab that totally mutilated the point of a classic server, dont be so obtuse shitlord its nothing to do with "freeloading" id love to give the company money for a better product, but i refuse to give money to perpetuate a pay to win environment, it will only keep going in that direction until it finally fizzles out and dies. Like the game did before due to poor design decisions which forced them to a free to play model and then to a pay to win model.

1 minute ago, BroBro said:

I'm the opposite. I'm not the guys paying real money to get an advantage over others. The store all originated from whiny bitches crying they couldn't compete.

you're so full of yourself that you believe you hold the truth on everything you say, however you cannot comprehend that there's people willing to support this project and don't mind to give some money to bring back some nostalgia. You think you're entitled to receive a AAA service for free without thinking on the people making that possible.

bleep off.

bleep off.

Dude, that's the point. THIS ISN'T NOSTALGIA. Chill out and actually use your brain. You are literally not making ANY sense.

I mean really think about what you're saying... 

What was the point of this classic server?? We could all just play in the normal live server with no soul shots and buffs for the same experience. Having the store  and all these missions and xp scrolls completely obliterate any nostalgia. Nostalgia isnt even the main point. Playing a good game is the point and this Pay to win model is trash and always has been.

These crying-guys like you will ruin the game.

If you believe WoW is a better one, so just quit and go there, or go with 4game.eu for a subscription-based model.

This is free-to-play server, or you are expecting they are run server for all-free? Did you ever run any services like that?

Archived