Forums

Can u please restore the proper drop rate?

Cardano

5 hours ago, Mboopi said:

We cannot sustain ourselves with ss/bss, let alone potions/cursed bone/spirit ore etc, down the line.

While I do feel like the amount of Adena is off back then if you always used soul shots you were losing money. You had to choose between lvling faster and losing money or reducing your xp per hour to gain more Adena.

Of course we also had player shops where you could sell your mats if you wanted to grind with soul shots and make some Adena too. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mboopi said:

The drop rate/amount is definitely off. It's not about complaining, it's about the game not having the proper data, according to the official wiki page.

We cannot sustain ourselves with ss/bss, let alone potions/cursed bone/spirit ore etc, down the line.

You are not supposed to sustain yourselves with ss/bss - at this early stage of the game. You as a clan are supposed to be also competitive in grinding for adena and mats, not only for levels - if you want to be competitive.

1 hour ago, Limerence said:

Such thing as wikia doesn't exist for NA ... L2 wikia is only region-specific, and that means it's only EU-specific ... Every single thing the wiki has on XP tables, drop rates etc is not usable here ... You can use the wikia to get a general idea of quests, classes, skills, content etc, but other than that NA is a completely different region with its own business model... If you don't like it, I suggest you log out indefinitely ... If there is a change on the drop rates on future content updates, then you will know ... For now, that's that ... 

And FYI in big letters ...

THIS(https://l2wiki.com/classic/Main_Page) works only for 4game AKA EU Classic, AKA Skelth ..

This is true, and while I agree that the Wiki is different than Classic 1.5, I have a question. 

Why is there no/little Adena dropping?

1 minute ago, Bojangals said:

People said they wanted classic... lol this is exactly how I remember classic drop rates and adena, but we didn't have an l2store to buy buff scrolls, enhanced xp, and soulshot from. Literally had nothing. 

And I'm loving it rofl 

I love it as well, I just know you won't be buying gear from a vendor. Not that we need to. From what I see, gear comes from quests now. Which I am ok with in a way.

adena/drop is somewhat frustrating. But if everyone is poor, and I am poor with them it's fine. If people want to pay - we can't stop them. Again, it's the choice of everyone. Create a non pvp character, and play for fun without paying anything. You will struggle getting briga set ? Ok, everyone will. Some Pete has all money and exp because he payed - jokes on him, he's stealing all the joy from all the challenges of being noob. 

Drop is not the only thing lower than l2wiki (Innova) but also the xp. No idea if it's intended for f2p servers, or being the patch version. The thing is you gain more xp as the xp is less nerfed, than adena that is more nerfed, according to wiki, so at higher level you will be poor.

When Skelth(Classic EU) launched with Age of Splendor(1.5) we had enough Adena for everything! SS, pots and some low-level armor from the shop(bronze armor that cost 100k) also the drop rate of items was better I believe. Here we cant sustain SS alone... I can foresee a massive exodus of players if these rates don't change, the farm ahead is HARDCORE if you don't have the basics you will just quit. Skelth lost 80% of starting player base because of the insane grind(https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/536649/) l2 classic has and we had top equipment+SS, pots in all grades! now imagine what will happen if people are halfway to C grade with no-grade weapons and armors and no SS.

7 minutes ago, Echeyak said:

When Skelth(Classic EU) launched with Age of Splendor(1.5) we had enough Adena for everything! SS, pots and some low-level armor from the shop(bronze armor that cost 100k) also the drop rate of items was better I believe. Here we cant sustain SS alone... I can foresee a massive exodus of players if these rates don't change, the farm ahead is HARDCORE if you don't have the basics you will just quit. Skelth lost 80% of starting player base because of the insane grind(https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/536649/) l2 classic has and we had top equipment+SS, pots in all grades! now imagine what will happen if people are halfway to C grade with no-grade weapons and armors and no SS.

I had no idea that this Classic was even more intense than old L2...according to those charts we are all gonna die. Rip.

10 minutes ago, Bojangals said:

Imagine? That was a reality when I played originally lol

No boy, you didn't!

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/536649/ 

"So basically getting to approximately 59 in Classic is equivalent to getting to 75 originally. And getting to 75 in Classic is equivalent to getting roughly 6.5 characters to 75 in original L2. Enjoy your L2!"

For the love of god don't listen to casual complaining players. Don't like it - leave. Don't try to ruin our fun. This is already easy with all this series of quests. Free ng sets and shots. Free teleports. Scrolls of buffs and exp. it s stupid how half of you scream about hardcore before launch and then the exact same ppl complain about no adena. Just find another server if you don't like it 

15 minutes ago, Echeyak said:

Forget soulshots and other adena sinking ways. All this would have been fine if XP was nerfed accordingly. The adena nerf is 2 times higher than xp nerf (l2wiki and igame findings), so in the end you will outlevel an area and be very poor and the drop will be even worse because the mobs turned blue. Also no good gear to farm white mobs so you are screwed both ways.

11 minutes ago, Echeyak said:

now imagine what will happen if people are halfway to C grade with no-grade weapons and armors and no SS.

Well, I can't comment if the rates are correct, but I think one of the issues is that people lvl up too fast. In the old days I remember selling D-grade shots for weeks which gave me a profit of 1 adena each :D (I could not set a higher prices because of other sellers). Most people I knew spent a lot of time on trading and even delvling, because they could not afford gear required for higher lvls. Many people did not use shots for standard grind at all. To conclude, you could not afford any gear just by simply killing mobs and lvling up.

Mind you, i am not saying if this was good or bad, I'm simply sharing what I remember.

Now, with those xp boosts and shots from l2store people hit lvl 20 in one day and as a result they might feel frustrated quite easily, because the adena does not come with it.

5 minutes ago, Echeyak said:

No boy, you didn't!

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/536649/ 

"So basically getting to approximately 59 in Classic is equivalent to getting to 75 originally. And getting to 75 in Classic is equivalent to getting roughly 6.5 characters to 75 in original L2. Enjoy your L2!"

I was speaking on being half way to c-grade in no grade gear, and yes, that was normal.

This thread is a perfect way to see those of us who actually played real lineage 2 when it came out and those people who played post Interlude and dont actually understand the struggle of Lineage at all. This is exactly how real lineage II was. Most people didnt have good D grade until they were in their mid 30s and no one, unless you bought adena could even afford C grade. That's why people had to make 9 man clan parties hitting without ss to lvl and try to make money. 

If that's not what you were expecting or wanting no one is making you play here. Go back to your love server where everything is literally handed straight to you. Even these quests that give weapons and armor are so much more then people used to get. Getting free SS is more then we used to go. 

Archived