Forums

Class "Revamp" – Sigel Knight

L2Junkie

If by revamp you mean nerf, then yes indeed...

So far I am not liking it at all, it says i have good pdef, but seems like i take LOADS more damage from the same people after the "Revamp".

I expect Olympiad to be a rick roll tomorrow, but we shall see.

Thanks for the "Revamp" -----   NOT.... 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which tank type do you play and were you using the fail 2H-stance when you took that much damage ?

here's my preliminary findings so far on HK tank based on the few hours I played last nite..

so far I can say HK nerf is hard & brutal but most likely only really noticeable for end game type players

the side effect of no shield equip when using the 2H stance means no UD's, no stuns and the obvious no shield block aka close to zero survive ability - it's a huge change compared to the previous situation

needs more testing but so far HK does noticeable less damage now so as predicted the nerf is real

also any idea why on tanks when using this fail new 2H Stance none of the shield using skills are greyed out ? it does when you un equip shield but not when using that stance which is basically the same thing..

Yeah Draecke, I played around with 2 H Stance for less than 5 mins, and most likely will never switch to it again, it sucked more than expected.

I am a HK too, and not only did I take bucket loads for damage, I also did alot less damage to the same well geared people normal hits and skills, I mean seriously less damage, not that I did DD type damage before but now I almost think people can regen faster than I damage them hahaha (ok i exaggerated that a little but it is a serious problem)

If I want to do any kind of damage/help at all, I should probably run and hide and kite and Topaz.... the exact opposite of what a tank should be, might as well stay in town and be a sell shop.

hate to say it but the moment Korea made those tank changes we knew HK was fcked..

and their "improved" dps mode for tanks will only work for 95% of all tanks in solo/duo xp places where you will not have to much agro upon you as see my above points you actually can now handle even less damage then an iss/healer when using that 2H stance..

guess now we know why almost all tanks in Korea changed to SK..

Tank nerf is HORRID. For someone 105, with full gear, you might be able to survive decent, but you can't assist your party in doing the same very well.

On the plus side, PvPs will be extremely short now, so maybe people will be more willing to do them?

finally, dam! new forum like 3 hours trying to post something.... this is what i ve experimented so far with an lv 102 eva and a lv 99 phoenix. both geared with blessed 99 +6 stuff and basic lv 3 gems.
i have been looking the new skills, and making some mass farming factions.

overall i think this tanks are a lot more fun to use now at least on pve, especially the eva with all those pull skills, i think they actually are a bit more tough now (on "normal" state and spamming focus/rise and with the boost of defensive auras)  it seems the full tanking style of thanks now is based on those 2 skills now (i guess its similar to the evasion skills of ertheias/daggers... mb ppl gonna use them with clickers/macro like on those classes...coz doing by hand was fun the first time, but with the time i guess it gonna become maddening)

on the other hand all ud and survival skills seems to be pretty useless now i actually don't even understand exsactly what they do...., probably the only one that is boosted are the frenzy which have less delay , phoenix cubic is good, but knight was still better, eva cubics are pretty simillar than before just a few second less on debuff inmunity i think and i little less hp heal

other thing that i think is a little stupid right now, is now tank seems to be spamming a lot more of skills, and this could work better with wizz harmony, but shield def seems to be a lot more important than before, so.....

in the case of eva all those pull skills are pretty amazing i got a lot of fun testing it and 101 aura is better than before

the phoenix have a lot of agro skills now (flaying bird, shield, aoe agro, aoe fire agro, burning chain, provoke aura, idk if other) and 1 thing that i noticed is now wen you agro a ranged mob (just tested with bumerang and phoenix) he walk near you (i know this also happend sometimes before, but now is almost always) si dont having pulling skills is not an isue for this guy
actually i tested this lv 99 phoenix on that new 103 area shadow of mother tree faction and worked pretty fine (that's why i think they are more tough than before) (GOS was much more hard actually)

now in the offensive part i only have shitty weapons on them so not tested this 2h stance on action, but i watched the number a bit and i could say this mechanics are in the wrong direction with the new buffs...
i mean now with shield def buffs like knight harmony you have a lot more of attack (with normal weapons, idk how works with good ones) but the missing critical damage from guitar is now only on warrior harmony.... so the whole mechanic of this stance is pretty stupid... (ok i know in korea they did the tank changes  and the buff changes at different times  so maybe they don't thought on this...)

well thats all i got for now, sorry if i overextended, but i needed to share, and read about sk and hell

On 12/9/2017 at 12:56 AM, Draecke said:

hate to say it but the moment Korea made those tank changes we knew HK was fcked..

and their "improved" dps mode for tanks will only work for 95% of all tanks in solo/duo xp places where you will not have to much agro upon you as see my above points you actually can now handle even less damage then an iss/healer when using that 2H stance..

guess now we know why almost all tanks in Korea changed to SK..

What is SK tank? is that Shillen Templar?

7 hours ago, PimpMyBow said:

I'm leveling my dual and so far I enjoy it, hate toggle +20speed no mp consumption nothing, cubics are great, aoe is great. But obviously I have no clue how its in endgame.

Would be nice if 2h mode was a toggle as well.

just be aware when using 2h stance u have close to zero survivability - no stun skills / no ud's / no shield block

To be honest im up in the air about my SK. Chained Death Scythe and Inhale soul are nice for CC but with out Hate all i seem to do is spam them just to keep the mobs close. Provoke hate toggle is ok but if someone in the party uses aoe, the mobs run off. Hate is still broke and will be useless as long as tanks DPS is low. And I will not talk about 2 handed stance. Cubics, I would love to have the old ones back. They dont seem to work as well as the old ones did. Focus shield and raise sheild something is broke there cuz im still getting crit dam and nuke cril dam with them up. My therory about a tank is the guy who keeps mobs off the rest of the party and takes the brunt of all damage. Keeps the mob attention on him while the rest of the party kills them off. 2 things have to happen for this to be successful. 1 Hate has to work and 2 the tank has to be able to do enough damage to keep aggro! This game fails at both imo As far as PVP...i cant comment about that cuz im not 105 and im only in +8 gear and dont have + 20 skills. Plus it doesnt matter what i do i still get hit with nukes for 350 to 400k and get hit by archers for 90k to 150k it doesnt matter if i have UD up or focus,Raise sheild on or not. All this is just my thoughts and expiences so far with the changes. I may not be a great tank but at least I try my best to play the role its ment to be played.

all defensive skills are now also based on your pdef so if have average gear you will take more damage.. same with certain debufs aka if have good weapon it will do more damage/lad rate etc

sad but true so yeah big change compared to previous updates where the ud's etc had fixed good defensive values

Still hard to believe someone would consider this an update to the tank class. There is no other way to see this, it's a full nerf to the class. (It was already one of the weakest classes in game, now it's THE worst)

When it come to damage they removed the only thing that improved it. This new 2h stance is useless, not that the idea is not interesting, is just that, for some weird reason, tank defense stats is just too weak and the shield removable makes the class one of the weakest in survivability.

It would be fine if the nerf was just on the attack, after all the tanks are supposed to take damage, not to make it. The problem is that the nerf was general!

The basic defense stats are still crappy, an Iss with same sort of gear is able to get almost double of the defense stats of a tank, that says much...

The defense skills were the final nail in the coffin of the tank class. The shield buff skills are too short and are impractical to be used in pvp, (specially since they get removed immediately after the use of a shield skill, and tanks spam them in general) the UD's/Party UDs got a general nerf by adding the lingering effect and by removing the caps on received damage on some skills, then there was the nerfs on some "debuff" skills like the new shield charge that instead of giving an interesting reduce on pdef on the enemy, now gives a slow for 3 seconds. (!!! yes, 3 seconds!) And we have to remember that most of this debuff skills rarely land anymore due to the introduction of debuff resistance items in game! Ohh, almost forgot the noble sacrifice nerf, before you could protect someone by taking 90% of his damage for more then half of time, now you take 50% of damage for the all party for less time and with 5 min reuse! 

When it comes to Auras, the nerf was partial... some classes actually got a small boost on their auras, others made the aura completely useless! (like the HK)

As a conclusion, i do understand some of the changes. The party UD mechanics change will make mass pvp way more interesting but i do think it was possible to make those changes without having to make the class completely useless. Tanks should be the class with higher pdef/mdef in game, they are not, in fact they have on of the worst so that could have been changed.

It's sad that they made one more class ingame useless, there already a few basically removed and there are a few more coming (ex: titans will be the next) i honestly don't understand the need to remove classes as playable in game, it used to be one of the funniest things in game, the diversity of classes, apparently the devs want to make the game as 5-6 class only game again. I really would like an answer from them to explain the why...

it's hard to believe yeah but weirdly enough it used to be even worse and caused a major outrage at the korean player base, so badly that the dev team was forced to "improve/fix" things to the update we've got now in like a matter of less then 10 days..

so yes l2 dev team can fix/make changes fast if they're properly motivated but as you can see it will always be based on their home field player base..

4 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

When it comes to Auras, the nerf was partial... some classes actually got a small boost on their auras, others made the aura completely useless! (like the HK)

It's sad that they made one more class ingame useless, there already a few basically removed and there are a few more coming (ex: titans will be the next) i honestly don't understand the need to remove classes as playable in game, it used to be one of the funniest things in game, the diversity of classes, apparently the devs want to make the game as 5-6 class only game again. I really would like an answer from them to explain the why...

SK also lost Rage Aura replaced by a ridiculous Provoke Aura. Well, at least SK is the best tank currently, so there's that.

Could you elaborate on the titan part? Lunatic tauti + SoS should still work in the next update as I understand.

9 hours ago, Devoid said:

SK also lost Rage Aura replaced by a ridiculous Provoke Aura. Well, at least SK is the best tank currently, so there's that.

Could you elaborate on the titan part? Lunatic tauti + SoS should still work in the next update as I understand.

It still works but, because you can't enchant your frenzied tauti axe, your damage will be limited to that. you won't be able to compete with other classes that use enchanted weapons.

7 minutes ago, BurnCycle said:

It still works but, because you can't enchant your frenzied tauti axe, your damage will be limited to that. you won't be able to compete with other classes that use enchanted weapons.

Yet this isn't Korea where +16 R99 Bloody is a common weapon and >=+23 are not too rare. If using a SoS char with +8 light armor set, tezza soul and eva's rune, the downtime will be minimal. I doubt a +12 R99 Bloody (with max 300 element) can really outdps the +100% p.cd. boost. Not to mention SoS drastically increases VR amount.

Note that one of tauti's bonuses is a 150 P. Crit. Rate, so you are effectively maxed crit rate even though it is a blunt.

Just now, Devoid said:

Yet this isn't Korea where +16 R99 Bloody is a common weapon and >=+23 are not too rare. If using a SoS char with +8 light armor set, tezza soul and eva's rune, the downtime will be minimal. I doubt a +12 R99 Bloody (with max 300 element) can really outdps the +100% p.cd. boost. Not to mention SoS drastically increases VR amount.

+12 bloody will always be better. The tauti weapons lacks the extra pve dmg and more importantly the crit damage boost. (Tauti weapons only gives crit rate, no crit damage)

minor detail but for what precisely are them Titans going to be using this set up in the future ? as going forward the next type of raids will be higher level & harder to kill which 1. requires more ppl then just 1 party and 2. as said by BurnCycle the weapon is just to low on DPS to justify the hassle of dragging SoS box imo

check the current 103 & 105 raids or the 101+ instances, go ahead and try do that with the improved tauti 2h axe and see how that goes and know it will only get harder

ps, dang stop derailing this topic into a Tyr next update one :P

Overall, I'd say this isn't a Tank nerf but a complete rework.  Tanks aren't "meant" to be DD classes.  The changes to UD and adding the limits has shortened PVP's, but really, who misses the 30+ minute 7v7s?  Tanks have more to do now aside from chaining UD's and a few interrupts.  The AOE pulls are nice, the silence seems to land more, shield charge and shield throwing was a nice touch.  Tanks have a more offensive and disabling capability and can play a wider range of roles.  Capped damage was taken away and now the damage you take is dependent on your gear and setup, as it should have been from the start.  Chaining your personal skills is more important now than it was before, because you are unable to fall back on the incoming damage cap and a lot of the skills will not stack with one another.   i.e. No more random button mashing.  Speaking as an SK, I like the changes, even if I'm considerably squishier than I used to be.

2 hours ago, Karigan said:

Overall, I'd say this isn't a Tank nerf but a complete rework.  Tanks aren't "meant" to be DD classes.  The changes to UD and adding the limits has shortened PVP's, but really, who misses the 30+ minute 7v7s?  Tanks have more to do now aside from chaining UD's and a few interrupts.  The AOE pulls are nice, the silence seems to land more, shield charge and shield throwing was a nice touch.  Tanks have a more offensive and disabling capability and can play a wider range of roles.  Capped damage was taken away and now the damage you take is dependent on your gear and setup, as it should have been from the start.  Chaining your personal skills is more important now than it was before, because you are unable to fall back on the incoming damage cap and a lot of the skills will not stack with one another.   i.e. No more random button mashing.  Speaking as an SK, I like the changes, even if I'm considerably squishier than I used to be.

Agree. I also like the changes.

But tank is not weaker, just need to chain raise shield, shield wave, mass para, pulling, to keep yourself good. I change from SK to EVA and a huge improve in defence. Now give that 10% patk/matk to party cost the class a lot of surv, i agree on that.

In oly i had a hard time against healer, and last friday i fight a healer that seems with similar gear than me, he was owning me, remove my mp, and nuking, then i change to two hand stance, activate frenzy, debuff with vanishing for pdef, root him and smahing with  auto atacks, I ended wining by damage. I hit for 5k normal hits, with a normal bless +12 cutt. Was really nice. :D 
Overall now has more tools to crowd control, and versatility. The problem is warrio AP build dont work now.
Check how much gives the 100% shield defence of your AP with the Two hand stance.... Game force you to build like a tank if you want to perform the role as intended

Archived