Opinions: how do you like L2 Classic so far ?

2 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Does the super-slow gameplay (compared to live servers) suxxx or it's cool ?

Can you live with the downtime (to regen etc) ?

How's the grind feeling ?

Drops (what drops) are okay ?

L2 Store is the devil or it's fine (for now) ?

Looking for opinions :)

I only had a chance to play for about an hour last night but I had fun. I haven't played live since interlude so I can't comment on that but the slowness reminds me of oldschool L2.  

The grind is definitely faster then old L2 but is massively slowed down by the overwhelming population. It's pretty much impossible, especially for a melee character, to kill a mob without someone else attacking as well. 

Being only lvl 12 the downtime is just a minute, nothing big yet. 

I havent received any item drops yet but they give you midgrade armor/weapon/jewelry for free. Adena is low but I played retail so I understand the struggle - others are still sitting on the ground stomping their feet crying. 

I havent noticed any issues that the shop will cause as it is now. Coins are gathered really slow and give hardly any reward that wont br game breaking at all. 

My only gripe is the drops. At the current point in time shots aren't even going to be sustainable but other than that I think it's great. I was super sceptical about the cash shop at first but it's not pay to win at all. Arguably you should always want to be VIP 4 but the way I see it is once you get the original 4k(which is like just buying a nromal 60 dollar game) you just pay roughly 17 a month to keep it at 4 and that's just like a sub to me. 

4 minutes ago, Hatecraft said:

I am in the minority maybe, but I love it!

However ...

Downtime is fine

I don't see much of a grind yet.

Drops are real low, I mean it ... try not to be shocked when u see them

Store is just fine

What lvl did you get to? I'm lvl 21, almost 22 with about 13k adena lol. Xp seemed okay lvling to 20, but so far it seems like a drag even with 100% boost. I'm not saying I want to level fast by any means..but it just definitely doesn't feel like i'm getting double xp. Something just seems off. 

5 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

My only gripe is the drops. At the current point in time shots aren't even going to be sustainable but other than that I think it's going to be sustainable but other then that I think it's great.

Soul shots were never meant to be sustainable. They were meant to be use used periodically and not spammed. When the game first came out the only way to even spam them was to manually click them or press f1(or whatever key they were on your bar). Literally no one spammed shot for the first couple chronicles because it wasnt supposed to be sustainable. 

1 minute ago, Sweetness said:

Soul shots were never meant to be sustainable. They were meant to be use used periodically and not spammed. When the game first came out the only way to even spam them was to manually click them or press f1(or whatever key they were on your bar). Literally no one spammed shot for the first couple chronicles because it wasnt supposed to be sustainable. 

Alright well I will keep that in mind then. Seems to be by the time I started really playing (c3) they were a constant so I didn't realize that. I only played little during Prelude before they were introduced. If this is the way it was really mean to be then I'll just let it go and see if I can start finding groups to level up with. 

But then on that note I will say that I think soul shots should be completely taken out of the cash shop. That is selling direct power for cash. Even if you can get them in game if nobody can afford them but someone else can just pay cash to always have the extra damage they will be stronger. 

24 minutes ago, AlphaSwift said:

What lvl did you get to? I'm lvl 21, almost 22 with about 13k adena lol. Xp seemed okay lvling to 20, but so far it seems like a drag even with 100% boost. I'm not saying I want to level fast by any means..but it just definitely doesn't feel like i'm getting double xp. Something just seems off. 

Welcome to Classic. Up until level 20, we have the newbi quests which rewards a lot of xp. Now, the real grind starts to kick off :)

And that's the reason we end up with 10-15k adena when we hit lvl 20, because we level a lot faster up until that point. 

@Topic : I love it ! I can smell the heavy grind already :D

11 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Welcome to Classic. Up until level 20, we have the newbi quests which rewards a lot of xp. Now, the real grind starts to kick off :)

And that's the reason we end up with 10-15k adena when we hit lvl 20, because we level a lot faster up until that point

@Topic : I love it ! I can smell the heavy grind already :D

what gave you that impression? the ru table someone linked seems to suggest it's the same xp, if not a bit more nerfed by 25%.

back then people liked to admire things, walk over the map, discover areas. right now players are focusing directly on leveling and give much more hours to the game. of course we level faster.

Just now, Krissa said:

The C1-C4 levelling experience. A profession change in the first day of playing on a new server is very fast levelling.

1st profession change wasn't hard back then. the harder one was the 2nd class change. I remember that because made plenty of characters back then. Level 20 was also fast if you put in the time. We dedicate more time to the game instead of admiring the walls like we did back then.

22 minutes ago, beleaua said:

1st profession change wasn't hard back then. the harder one was the 2nd class change. I remember that because made plenty of characters back then. Level 20 was also fast if you put in the time.

It was fast because you made plenty of characters back then (or could reuse your clan's top NG to level your alts).

2 minutes ago, Krissa said:

It was fast because you made plenty of characters back then (or could reuse your clan's top NG to level your alts).

i was buying top ng from shop every time i leveled up. it was not hard to get devotion set quite fast while leveling.

6 minutes ago, beleaua said:

i was buying top ng from shop every time i leveled up. it was not hard to get devotion set quite fast while leveling.

When I rolled an elf on Hidemith in C4, it had no problem with arena... because I farmed fungus quest from level 8 till the fungus became blue. It was good adena, and they also dropped Feriotic tunic and stockings.

This time I just skipped the fungus quest completely in the rush for levels, and later was seriously surprised how relatively much adena the spider legs quest was adding to my finances (1000 adena per 8 spiders, and the spiders were also dropping quite a lot of base mats).

Different priorities, different results.

This is called Classic... but.... where do i actually find the classic part? The gameplay seems to be crap right from the beginning. The only thing that can be called a classic feature are those good old starting areas. Everything else is not classic at all.

- Tutorial pretty much useless

- Player characters can steal the blue gemstone that you need to complete the quest

- Way too few monsters in starting areas

- 34256345 NC-Soft Bots

- No drops at all (100 monster kills for 1 charcoal)

- Stupid equipment for starters (no boots and gloves, a dwarf runs around in flip flops....but he is used to the cold i guess)

- No classic quests but one new crappy chainquest. not to mention ...it's boring

- I repeat... no classic quests at all

- it is literally impossible to play this game alone. monsters are way to powerfull and have too much hp. it takes like 30 seconds to kill one monster

- useless mission rewards

- questrewards questionable ( you get equipment that is lower than that one you got from the quest before....)

- you have no class masters but learn skills on the fly (where is the classic???)

- you won't get any questrewards while hunting in a party. you have to do the last hit in order to get your questitem....................

- .......and much more.......

So where is the classic feeling NC-Soft? You have to keep all classic aspects and improve them.....adding new questchains, items, drops, quest/farmspots!  

I pretty much like it so far. But it is WAY FASTER then classic l2 was used to be (like as example first class change in like playing 5-6 hours is EXTREME FAST) For the VIP Shop i dont find much stuff there that is helpfull in later game for now, but it helps alot getting to 25 and a bit above pretty fast.

Could have less XP but a slight increase in adena and item drop rate imho

1 hour ago, beleaua said:

what gave you that impression? the ru table someone linked seems to suggest it's the same xp, if not a bit more nerfed by 25%.

back then people liked to admire things, walk over the map, discover areas. right now players are focusing directly on leveling and give much more hours to the game. of course we level faster.

Are you serious? The impression we level up faster till level 20 are the quests up until that point.

C'mon ..

Archived