Some advice for those complaining about money...

Shakedown

Many people seem to be complaining about the adena and drop rates. I thought I would give some advice to those who are struggling and don't seem to realize how treacherous the original L2 experience actually was. I believe this is better than everyone just trash talking each other and getting the threads locked.

Most importantly, you need the right mindset...  This game is meant to be work, and very grind focused as far as getting money and gearing yourself. You MUST accept this. It is a significant part of the classic L2 experience and is what the majority of the community wanted and why these classic servers exist in the first place.

1. Consider not doing the 1-20 quests. - Because of how fast you level you will have very little adena because you did not spend the time to make it. If you grind it out instead, you'll have more drops and more money by level 20.

2. Search the wiki and look for repeatable quests that give full item or adena rewards and grind them out. - Do this on alts if you start to out level good quests. This will force you to grind mobs, get more drops in addition to repeatable rewards.

I have a few secrets but if anybody wants to share any other advice I will try to continually update this thread.

If you want some personalized advice, feel free to ask here or PM me on forums and I will try to help you.

Please keep it civil so this thread doesn't get locked.

Thank you.

There really isn't too much of a secret behind it. The main factor is just investing time into the grind. There are certainly more efficient ways than others, but every way will require a massive investment. 

Again, NA Classic is a marathon. 

Just now, Enthused said:

There really isn't too much of a secret behind it. The main factor is just investing time into the grind. There are certainly more efficient ways than others, but every way will require a massive investment. 

Again, NA Classic is a marathon. 

Some locations/strategies are better than others :)

the xp and adena drop are disproportionately modified. even going the old way from 1 to 20, which i do, is still quite less adena than in the past. i don't care how fast i level up but having less adena reaching certain level only invites people to rmt even more than what we have seen and we remembered how bad it was in the past with bots.

4 minutes ago, beleaua said:

the xp and adena drop are disproportionately modified. even going the old way from 1 to 20, which i do, is still quite less adena than in the past. i don't care how fast i level up but having less adena reaching certain level only invites people to rmt even more than what we have seen and we remembered how bad it was in the past with bots.

The only thing relevant to gear you can buy with RMT that you can also buy with adena is shots.

The mats are not that big of a problem due to the amount of coins needed.

Unless you're talking about 3rd party sellers, in that case there is not much you can do to stop it. Those without the time/will to grind money have always and will always RMT for their adena.

2 hours ago, Shakedown said:

"... to those who are struggling and don't seem to realize how treacherous the original L2 experience actually was..."

"Most importantly, you need the right mindset.... This game is meant to be work, and very grind focused as far as getting money and gearing yourself. You MUST accept this."

This x 100000000000000000. Until illegal adena/account purchasing and RMT ruined the game, L2 was always a mad crazy grind undertaken by masochists. I was one of them. If you're not cut out to hunt for long hours at low levels and gaining barely any XP, or doing the same quest 20-50 times just so that you can earn enough adena for weapons and armor a grade or two below your current level, you're not going to like Classic. Save yourself some misery and go play the "Live" version.

For what it's worth, believe it or not even the Classic version is much easier than the original C1, C2, etc. Automated shots alone makes it easier, to say nothing of being able to buy buffs, shots, XP scrolls, etc., in the L2 store. There weren't any NCSoft sponsored rewards for attendance or leveling, either. Seriously, people should consider themselves lucky. It could be much, much worse. :) 

Yes, it has been long enough since the big changes to L2 that I'd forgotten how challenging it could be to get the right equipment, supplies, adena. But that IS the FUN.  Addressing the challenges. One of my biggest complaints about the live game is that too much is just given to us.  I'd rather earn it myself with better drops, although I suppose botting had a lot to do with that change.  I played 5+ hours in Classic yesterday and enjoyed it very much.  No shots?  I learned I could stick to green mobs, live and level fairly easily.  I found one repeatable quest that produced $1k adena each time [not saying as the area is crowded enough] and I am having all my characters perform that quest repeatedly.  Too crowded? Yes, to be expected when everyone starts out at same level, but I got the quests and just moved on to do something else until the area thinned out a bit, then returned and finished up. I like doing quests, so I don't give up on them entirely.  I've spent some money, but don't want to spend much.  I'm not in any rush to level. I turn off my shots if working an easy  mob.  And so forth.  I'm looking forward to what my smith may be able to do again.  I hate that dwarven economy just disappeared in the Live game.  Whatever I can pass around my characters, I am doing that too--finding a secret spot and dropping items between characters so I don't have to pay warehouse or mailing fees. And so forth. 

Use your brains, figure out the best strategies, ENJOY!

8 hours ago, SinPalabras said:

This x 100000000000000000. Until illegal adena/account purchasing and RMT ruined the game, L2 was always a mad crazy grind undertaken by masochists. I was one of them. If you're not cut out to hunt for long hours at low levels and gaining barely any XP, or doing the same quest 20-50 times just so that you can earn enough adena for weapons and armor a grade or two below your current level, you're not going to like Classic. Save yourself some misery and go play the "Live" version.

For what it's worth, believe it or not even the Classic version is much easier than the original C1, C2, etc. Automated shots alone makes it easier, to say nothing of being able to buy buffs, shots, XP scrolls, etc., in the L2 store. There weren't any NCSoft sponsored rewards for attendance or leveling, either. Seriously, people should consider themselves lucky. It could be much, much worse. :) 

My finger used to cramp from holding the SS button while tanking.

11 hours ago, Shakedown said:

Many people seem to be complaining about the adena and drop rates. I thought I would give some advice to those who are struggling and don't seem to realize how treacherous the original L2 experience actually was. I believe this is better than everyone just trash talking each other and getting the threads locked.

Most importantly, you need the right mindset...  This game is meant to be work, and very grind focused as far as getting money and gearing yourself. You MUST accept this. It is a significant part of the classic L2 experience and is what the majority of the community wanted and why these classic servers exist in the first place.

1. Consider not doing the 1-20 quests. - Because of how fast you level you will have very little adena because you did not spend the time to make it. If you grind it out instead, you'll have more drops and more money by level 20.

2. Search the wiki and look for repeatable quests that give full item or adena rewards and grind them out. - Do this on alts if you start to out level good quests. This will force you to grind mobs, get more drops in addition to repeatable rewards.

I have a few secrets but if anybody wants to share any other advice I will try to continually update this thread.

If you want some personalized advice, feel free to ask here or PM me on forums and I will try to help you.

Please keep it civil so this thread doesn't get locked.

Thank you.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head about the quests. I found in Dark elf village most of those quests are repeatable, and one keeps giving you 3,000 adena each time you do it. Just gotta find those quests and they reward u. 

I played classic 1.5 when was lauched on EU and here adena is greatly decreased than normal. Like a comparison, on EU our full cp could buy shots NG from store and also we could buy some best NG weapons in our cp. Now, we are lvl 24+ and all 9 ppl toghether can't buy a best NG weapon from shop and we bought shots only from store. So, when Juji said that we will get some drop setting modified for better experience he was thinking for publisher side and not for player. Anyway, I could say also that item drop is decreased too compared to 1.5 EU version but let's just say that maybe we had a lot of bad luck till now. I would like to hear more from @Juji about those drops/world changes.

I think the main problem is the free lv20 quest. Causes so many problems, from frustration of everyone being funneled to over crowded small spawn areas for specific mobs, whereas large areas of other same lvl mobs are empty, to people getting to 20 without even buying their first non grade upgrade to casuals hitting 20 in under a week, it's just bad design 

This is completely wrong, in the old days the same mobs were dropping approx. 5 times more adena.This classic thing is broken beyond repair.Also the XP gain is I dunno, tripple the one it was in C1-C2?Players getting to lv45+ for 2 freakin days w/o any store boosts? - classic they said eh :)

2 hours ago, mixa said:

This is completely wrong, in the old days the same mobs were dropping approx. 5 times more adena.This classic thing is broken beyond repair.Also the XP gain is I dunno, tripple the one it was in C1-C2?Players getting to lv45+ for 2 freakin days w/o any store boosts? - classic they said eh :)

So much made up stuff in one paragraph. Impressive 

On 05/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, Sweetness said:

So much made up stuff in one paragraph. Impressive 

It took few days the players to realize it.Imho, don't comment on stuff you don't understand or can't understand. Go learn something by reading the backlash in the General discussion.

People should keep in mind, while the adena rates do suck. There ARE places to go that drop 100+ adena per mob in the lvl 20+ range. It's not impossible to grind out the money required to get your top NG or even a D grade item. Just take the time, experiment in different zones around newbie areas. IE: Orc Village ( I wont give any other hint towards that. ) a little perseverance pays off. Granted the places that actually give decent adena drops are crap for experience, so its a trade off in certain areas. 

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the adena drop rate or anything. But it isn't like its extremely hard to come by either. Just got to look in the right places, that isn't a spider repeating quest of annoyance.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:38 PM, SinPalabras said:

it was never like this... when did you saw lineage 2 giving MORE as drops for materials than actual spoiling for them? all of my current materials and i have 2 dwarfs to be future crafter and spoiler are mainly from drops and literally nothing more...i might get a thread or a charcoal from spoil but thats it..and then i see some dwarfs shouting and linkig their animal skins like 500-600 in a day with no shame showing that they are bots

Archived