Some advice for those complaining about money...

Shakedown

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:14 AM, airfathaaaaa said:

it was never like this... when did you saw lineage 2 giving MORE as drops for materials than actual spoiling for them? all of my current materials and i have 2 dwarfs to be future crafter and spoiler are mainly from drops and literally nothing more...i might get a thread or a charcoal from spoil but thats it..and then i see some dwarfs shouting and linkig their animal skins like 500-600 in a day with no shame showing that they are bots

Yes, seriously, it was EXACTLY like this, which is why cried bloody tears and many resorted to using "other means" to get what they wanted. I gave up on my spoiler back in C1 (or maybe it was C2), because I kept getting "Korean random" thread and other mats and recipes that the market didn't need and had no value.. Even after they introduced the manor system, getting mats was bad, unless you botted 24/7.  

I will admit, though, that the current Classic drop rate needs a boost if for no other reason than we are no longer talking about a game where people felt like they'd have all of the time in the world with updates and such to get to where they wanted to be. This can has a lid, and if they want us to reach that lid and be happy, they'll have to increase drop rates.

11 hours ago, SinPalabras said:

Yes, seriously, it was EXACTLY like this, which is why cried bloody tears and many resorted to using "other means" to get what they wanted. I gave up on my spoiler back in C1 (or maybe it was C2), because I kept getting "Korean random" thread and other mats and recipes that the market didn't need and had no value.. Even after they introduced the manor system, getting mats was bad, unless you botted 24/7.  

I will admit, though, that the current Classic drop rate needs a boost if for no other reason than we are no longer talking about a game where people felt like they'd have all of the time in the world with updates and such to get to where they wanted to be. This can has a lid, and if they want us to reach that lid and be happy, they'll have to increase drop rates.

then you probably played another game cause i never had any of that problem... never ever drops were more than spoils 

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Shakedown said:

Many people seem to be complaining about the adena and drop rates. I thought I would give some advice to those who are struggling and don't seem to realize how treacherous the original L2 experience actually was. I believe this is better than everyone just trash talking each other and getting the threads locked.

Most importantly, you need the right mindset...  This game is meant to be work, and very grind focused as far as getting money and gearing yourself. You MUST accept this. It is a significant part of the classic L2 experience and is what the majority of the community wanted and why these classic servers exist in the first place.

1. Consider not doing the 1-20 quests. - Because of how fast you level you will have very little adena because you did not spend the time to make it. If you grind it out instead, you'll have more drops and more money by level 20.

2. Search the wiki and look for repeatable quests that give full item or adena rewards and grind them out. - Do this on alts if you start to out level good quests. This will force you to grind mobs, get more drops in addition to repeatable rewards.

I have a few secrets but if anybody wants to share any other advice I will try to continually update this thread.

If you want some personalized advice, feel free to ask here or PM me on forums and I will try to help you.

Please keep it civil so this thread doesn't get locked.

Thank you.

I agree.  I first purchased (that right... purchased and payed 15.00 monthly) this game I think just before C3 was launched and remember the joy of earning your gear/adena or anything for that matter and the teamwork that was required to play and succeed...  lol...  I also remember when you could drop gear when you died by mobs, I will never forget ant nest.   That is what I was hoping to relive.  instead we have a hybrid between that era and the current incarnation.   All you people complaining about rates and such I can only shake my head in disgust.

Archived