Poll about the current droprate.

Ginto

1 minute ago, dopaxx22 said:

and ppl wonder why there are bots and adena farmers/sellers. no one can afford anything, theyll buy adena

If adena and drop rate is low for, its low for bots farmers as well. This might even be a part of thier anti bot strategy. 

1 minute ago, J0nSnow said:

If adena and drop rate is low for, its low for bots farmers as well. This might even be a part of thier anti bot strategy. 

there is no "to low" for adena farmers, they scale their price up and down depending on rates. Thats simple economics, use your brain. if there is demand they will supply it

22 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

I see this idea brought up, but how does it make sense? Adena has value now mater if it drops 10 adena or 100000 per mob. The only difference will be the RMT price of adena per 1kk. 

2 hours ago, Llothlian said:

Drops were basically non-existent in classic.  If you want drops, go play on the regular server.

when was the last time you played the main server? nothing drop in the game anymore. you get to 100 with free armor from quest and you have nothing to buy with when it expires.

3 hours ago, Llothlian said:

Drops were basically non-existent in classic.  If you want drops, go play on the regular server.

3 hours ago, Llothlian said:

Correct.  In classic you could go 75 levels with no item drops.

3 hours ago, Valdie said:

Drops as in full drops? I think they were always as rare as chicken's teeth anyway. Not sure about adena drop though, this seems excessively low?

3 hours ago, Dr1MaR said:

You are not supposed to

Did you all spend money on this? Because if you did you threw your money without putting any research/effort into what Classic is. You're taking the definition of "Classic" and running it up your asses to be whatever you want it to be but guess what honey, this isn't the old game. Debuffs land like crazy in here. We have special effects for enchanting armorsets to +6,+7,+8,+9 and +10. There's no Soul Crystals or leveling them... Instead we'll get runes. You get transformations that boost your stats, XPing efficiently means saving consumables and maximizing your time on them.

I'm sorry but Classic is FILLED with full item drops. Literally all the time, streamers have "Latest full drop" displayed on screen for this reason. Do some research into what you're actually playing because you have this stupid image inside your heads that "Classic" means what you want it to but you'll just hit a bleeping wall in few weeks. "Oh my god this is different"

ReN81hk.pngbrCzTpw.pngfZE8uFb.pnggptpaQ8.png

oyF63zC.pngYyoJ3bZ.png9UFXjbU.pngcBRHviT.png

4xlSphy.png6RQlNPi.pngkebGhg2.png

And these are just A FEW of the ones I remembered to take pictures for. Full Drops are EVEN MORE COMMON in lower levels.

Get to know what you're playing and investing your time into, please. Stop embarassing yourselves.

Maya, you're assuming that drop rates on TI / Giran are the same as Skelth.

I played on Skelth and got a few full drops myself. I also levelled many alts to fish with and by the time they hit 20 they had way more adena than my first char does here and I would be merchanting 10+ NG items. Even if they both carry the same "classic" label, they aren't the same rates.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Now, I'm not complaining about full drops, I think they should be low and have players feel lucky when they get them. That's not my issue. My issue is the adena drop. While some might consider burning 4 times as much mana and sitting 4 times as often while nuking because you're scrimping on spritshots a classic experience, I would suggest that those people are conflating "hardcore" with inconvenience.

Perhaps it is not such a major issue once you get to higher level mobs, we will see.

16 minutes ago, Valdie said:

Maya, you're assuming that drop rates on TI / Giran are the same as Skelth.

I played on Skelth and got a few full drops myself. I also levelled many alts to fish with and by the time they hit 20 they had way more adena than my first char does here and I would be merchanting 10+ NG items. Even if they both carry the same "classic" label, they aren't the same rates.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Now, I'm not complaining about full drops, I think they should be low and have players feel lucky when they get them. That's not my issue. My issue is the adena drop. While some might consider burning 4 times as much mana and sitting 4 times as often while nuking because you're scrimping on spritshots a classic experience, I would suggest that those people are conflating "hardcore" with inconvenience.

Perhaps it is not such a major issue once you get to higher level mobs, we will see.

Of course I am. That's the only other western version available. The Korean/Japanese servers have these horrible drop rates and a F2P model but the premium subscription in those give a much more comfortable experience than what VIP lets us get. We don't even know how VIP bonuses work in parties, if they even out, if it's dependent on last hit... All of this makes it really difficult to justify the 30$ I spent on my pack :D 

Well.  

I knew the popcorn was going to be tasty waiting for day 2 on the server.  Everyone complaining that drops are too low, money is too low, can't afford anything...

That's how it was back in classic.  I used to farm in parties for material drops to craft armor for myself and my friends.  You'd take your junk items and crystallize them for shots.  You used to have to be really frugal with your shots or you'd burn them all up.  Having 2 full sets of armor back then meant that you were way ahead of everyone else.  Most people were running around in mismatched gear, because that's all they could afford.  Your boots/gloves were usually one grade below because that's what you could afford (and didn't mess up the set bonuses).  Back then, it was picking alts that were similar to your main so you could share gear with them.  Most mages just used SpS, because BSpS cost way too much money.  B grade healers were still running around in C grade sets, because the bonuses were better (and a lot cheaper).  Homu/Acu was the weapon of choice for buffers up to A grade.  As a dwarf, it was all about reading the economy, as in which castle had the best tax rates, therefore the cheapest materials to craft the shots.  You got so excited to get a full drop (which was a lot more rare back then), and everyone else was jealous of you for all the adena you were going to get for it.  Don't get me started on the archers having to farm arrows (or buy them from crafters).  Back when during sieges whichever clan had a Warsmith that had Summon Siege Golem had the upper hand, and was an awesome sight to see (and the entire clan had to pitch in for the gemstones that was required to summon the damn thing).  

Now you get free sets of armor at level.  Back then you ran everywhere, because TELEPORTS COSTED MONEY.  They don't now.  There wasn't a handy little map button that you could pull up whenever you wanted to that showed you hunting zones.  You had to quest for the map, and keep it in your inventory.  In my opinion, the 30% xp/sp boost is a waste of money, and will cost you more money in the long haul.  While you're on the fast track to endgame (then probably rage quit because there's nothing else to do), you're zooming through the spellbook farming areas 30% faster than someone that didn't have it (they will have more money than you, until you get pissed and start buying adena).

Most people complaining on here forgot how long it actually took to get to your next level.  1-20...maybe a couple of good days.  20-30...longer.  MONTHS to get to 50 or 60, unless you were in a CP or had a clan that blasted all the raids that they could.  Antharas took hours to kill.  Valakas took even longer when they introduced him.

Back then if you were going solo, it's like it is now.  As a mage, you'd kill a couple of mobs, then have to rest.  Trying to solo as a healer was brutal.  The only thing you could really effectively solo were undead.  Prophets had the upper hand because they could use all armor sets.  If you're planning on being a healer/buffer, start asking for parties from very low lvl.  You're going to need them later.

Basically, classic is not for everyone.  Stop trying to change it.  There are lots of people that like the grind.

It did bring me back when I heard people shouting for Toma's location.  Smile.

4 hours ago, Maya said:

Did you all spend money on this? Because if you did you threw your money without putting any research/effort into what Classic is. You're taking the definition of "Classic" and running it up your asses to be whatever you want it to be but guess what honey, this isn't the old game. Debuffs land like crazy in here. We have special effects for enchanting armorsets to +6,+7,+8,+9 and +10. There's no Soul Crystals or leveling them... Instead we'll get runes. You get transformations that boost your stats, XPing efficiently means saving consumables and maximizing your time on them.

I'm sorry but Classic is FILLED with full item drops. Literally all the time, streamers have "Latest full drop" displayed on screen for this reason. Do some research into what you're actually playing because you have this stupid image inside your heads that "Classic" means what you want it to but you'll just hit a bleeping wall in few weeks. "Oh my god this is different"

ReN81hk.pngbrCzTpw.pngfZE8uFb.pnggptpaQ8.png

oyF63zC.pngYyoJ3bZ.png9UFXjbU.pngcBRHviT.png

4xlSphy.png6RQlNPi.pngkebGhg2.png

And these are just A FEW of the ones I remembered to take pictures for. Full Drops are EVEN MORE COMMON in lower levels.

Get to know what you're playing and investing your time into, please. Stop embarassing yourselves.

These are hardly drops from the original C1 or C2.

I still have actually no idea how to gear up propperly.
But I thill think it's fine with the drop rates.... maybe Adena could be increased by 1.5...

I even had a middle no grade bow fulldrop... made me kinda happy^^
Though, I probably traded it for the wrong weapon... but that's my issue xD

Adena is far below what it ever was in C1. Farming without shots still could afford nongrade armor+weapon by low 20s. Had low D grade by mid-late 20s. Mid D grade by 33/34. Was hard but doable. Thats a dream now. My guess is the ruleset from live for rates was either accidentally or knowingly copypasted to Classic.

Archived