Hime

New Lineage II Classic Server: Aden

Hime    766

We’re excited to see so many of you coming to play Lineage II Classic, and one of the main areas of focus for us is server capacity and stability. To help alleviate queues we’re happy to introduce a new third server for Lineage II Classic: Aden (GMT-8).

To start playing Lineage II Classic you can download the client here.

• Like 1

Hime    766
1 minute ago, Major said:

Where is this server being hosted?

Same place. Texas. Our server locations do not change.

• Thanks 1

Mage    9
9 minutes ago, Hime said:

We’re excited to see so many of you coming to play Lineage II Classic, and one of the main areas of focus for us is server capacity and stability. To help alleviate queues we’re happy to introduce a new third server for Lineage II Classic: Aden (GMT-8).

To start playing Lineage II Classic you can download the client here.

will you be able to transfer our starter pack over to the new one and our vip 4?  just wondering.  I really wish u could have just opened a west coast server in the first place..

• Like 1

Jowston    6
Just now, LoosTy said:

Same question can i transfer my PACK pls ANWSER

I waited until about an hour before going to bed last night to even redeem mine, and haven't even started the 30-day xp item.. Of course they'd launch a new server actually in my time zone now lolol

• Like 1

Ewol    3

I'm sorry, but this is a bandaid! It's not going to resolve the issue. People want to play on Talking Island with their friends, not join a new server.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ren    5

the server will just get merge back into TI in 2 months so is it even a bandaid considering the queue didn't change lol?

LastDevil    9

Maybe you fix the first Aden drops things. As it should be in patch 1.5. And then you open the unfinished server? @Hime

Edited by LastDevil

Hime    766
34 minutes ago, Mage said:

will you be able to transfer our starter pack over to the new one and our vip 4?  just wondering.  I really wish u could have just opened a west coast server in the first place..

37 minutes ago, Jowston said:

Are you going to allow players to re-distribute their launch packs to this new server?

30 minutes ago, LoosTy said:

Same question can i transfer my PACK pls ANWSER

We are currently looking into this option for players who already made characters on Talking Island and Giran.

• Like 4

Murmur    3

What about fixing whatever you have already??? Maybe then, open another bugland!! PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY NORMALLY ON TALKING ISLAND, WHAT KIND OF SERVERS ARE YOU CREATING??? OMG U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME

Edited by Murmur
  • Haha 1

Jowston    6
9 minutes ago, Hime said:

We are currently looking into this option for players who already made characters on Talking Island and Gira

:x

Hime    766
16 minutes ago, Murmur said:

What about fixing whatever you have already??? Maybe then, open another bugland!! PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY NORMALLY ON TALKING ISLAND, WHAT KIND OF SERVERS ARE YOU CREATING??? OMG U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME

Hi Murmur,

We understand there are a few issues outstanding with the game that would improve many player experiences. If you've been following our Dev Tracker, we have been actively addressing those issues. The new server is to address the current server capacity and while it won't fix some the core issues reported, it may help alleviate them. It's been 26 hours since we launched Classic, and we will be working further on better solutions for the issues.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience on these matters.

jonyL    0

and not is posible aument max capacity of servers? 1k+ for server ?  open new server not is a solution.. in 1 month a lot off ppl leave and servers emptys. sorry bad english

Hime    766
1 minute ago, jonyL said:

and not is posible aument max capacity of servers? 1k+ for server ?  open new server not is a solution.. in 1 month a lot off ppl leave and servers emptys. sorry bad english

It's a solution we considered, but it's not feasible at this time. We know what the capacity is, and there are potential risks of server crashes by going above what we know is stable.

It's also not something we're simply putting off. The team is still actively working hard on testing new solutions we hope to roll out sooner than later.