So far..

Well server has been up for just over 24hrs and here are my gripes with it.. Yes I played in Beta, all the way up to C8 ish?  First off the bots are just rampaging through the server now as they did back then so KUDOS NCShaft for doing thing about this like always! A+ for no effort like normal!  Server launch was on par with Launch of Classic also so A+ for no effect like always also!  The flood makes it a joke to try and do any of the quests they "Added" that wasn't in launch of Classic.  But we are trying to bring back the nostalgia of CLASSIC Juji says!  So far its a cluster **** just as bad as classic so I would say your doing a great job.  So far I've spent 1 1/2 hours "next target / attack" to finish the undine part of the quest for humans because there literally was 80+ people trying to do it.  Also leveled a Dark elf where it took 1 hr to get a single Dark horror. This is increased spawn rate?  

Yesterday at 10pm trying to login I couldn't even create a character for the first time before the window closed on me.  Then login again couldn't enter my PIN before it closed on me again.  Oh but the bots are able to get in just fine because I Ping/Pong them between mobs by selecting the mob they running to then they stop and go for another then I click that one.  The CRY FEST "You KS ME GET YOUR OWN MOB" is seriously unreal.  The drop rate is even WORSE than Classic was back in the day,  we can't move our packs to another server because 90% went to one server making it impossible to do anything.  Yep this is serious nostalgia I'm having here, I had hope NCShaft would learn from 15 years almost of mistakes and they haven't.  I spend first 10 hrs running back/forth from town "Saving" money on Ports cause Juji said on stream no free teleport.. What a ****** liar  he is to be honest.  Found out after playing 10+ hrs teleport were free.. Ya JOKES ON ME for listening to what the great and wise Juji said.    

Haven't decided on still playing or chalking $100 up to a waste trying to have fun like I used to because of this JOKE called a classic server.  TO a joke called Juji the great and wasteful liar of a GM that has no sense of humor.. Did you even watch the stream Juji you look some uncomfortable, all over the place, and didn't know what was fact/fiction of what you were saying because 5 days before lauch you still "hadn't hammered out the details"  Your a multi-million dollar company and 5 days before launch you didn't know when servers were coming up?  Pretty sure this post will be deleted but hey w/e I'm venting because this is 1000x worse than Classic was ever and I was stupid enough to buy chronicle packs x2 and load $20 x2 onto accounts hoping for something different.  NCShaft great job of coning me into believing you and getting my hopes up!  KUDOS A++++

Well, its funny how people are still comparing classic to what used to be in Pre C4. Classic client is like 3 years old now and you havent even afford to do any research on how it actually look like, yet you complain. The game evolves and devs actually made a great job adapting actual client to EU/NA community, since this 1.5 is clearly different from what we had in europe when Skelth started. You dont like it, then dont play it. I actually doubt you will get past 40 anyway.

18 minutes ago, Ergo said:

Well, its funny how people are still comparing classic to what used to be in Pre C4. Classic client is like 3 years old now and you havent even afford to do any research on how it actually look like, yet you complain. The game evolves and devs actually made a great job adapting actual client to EU/NA community, since this 1.5 is clearly different from what we had in europe when Skelth started. You dont like it, then dont play it. I actually doubt you will get past 40 anyway.

umm Classic is suppose to be Pre-C4 your argument the rest is invalid.. clearly shows exactly what you actually know about "Classic" they are merging New/Old and calling it classic.. Its not classic.  Not to mention they removed half the mobs that used to spawn everywhere and threw them all in little area's where everyone is fighting for the same mobs and crying about KSing. Went by School of dark arts.. In classic there was tons of golems.. Then aren't there anymore because they are all PACKed into one small area.. 1/2 the map doesn't have any monsters at all that used to.. This isn't classic man its a cluster.

my personal opinion is that this is what it is...

i have played many mmos the past 10-15 years and i am sure that Lineage 2 is surely unique and i realized that the excitement that can offer is not found in other mmos at least easily.

classic in 2018 is different than in 2004 but it is classic and it has the old drama. there is a solution for subscription in europe and cash shop in america. you can choose your poison... either way despite the flaws (every mmo have) Lineage 2 is the best social, drama, pvp/pk, no instance, no cross server mmo out there.

claim your spot, pay your real life money and enjoy the journey. its not that bad as you said. you just have to be more open and dont expect perfection. its a utopia

9 minutes ago, OrcD3viler said:

If you watched the stream Juji said it was like 1.5 Age of Spendor.. Offically from NCShaft guess you missed that in your attempt to be a forum warrior?

Man u are wrong.Ask anyone who plays classic servers the past 3 years.They will give you the same answer.Classic is not a copy paste of pre c4 or whatever.Dont make these complain posts without even knowing the basics.And stop using quotes from a stream or a headline.They say what they say but its not 100% what is.Its just simple marketing for god sake

1 hour ago, OrcD3viler said:

Well server has been up for just over 24hrs and here are my gripes with it.. Yes I played in Beta, all the way up to C8 ish?  First off the bots are just rampaging through the server now as they did back then so KUDOS NCShaft for doing thing about this like always! A+ for no effort like normal!  Server launch was on par with Launch of Classic also so A+ for no effect like always also!  The flood makes it a joke to try and do any of the quests they "Added" that wasn't in launch of Classic.  But we are trying to bring back the nostalgia of CLASSIC Juji says!  So far its a cluster **** just as bad as classic so I would say your doing a great job.  So far I've spent 1 1/2 hours "next target / attack" to finish the undine part of the quest for humans because there literally was 80+ people trying to do it.  Also leveled a Dark elf where it took 1 hr to get a single Dark horror. This is increased spawn rate?  

Yesterday at 10pm trying to login I couldn't even create a character for the first time before the window closed on me.  Then login again couldn't enter my PIN before it closed on me again.  Oh but the bots are able to get in just fine because I Ping/Pong them between mobs by selecting the mob they running to then they stop and go for another then I click that one.  The CRY FEST "You KS ME GET YOUR OWN MOB" is seriously unreal.  The drop rate is even WORSE than Classic was back in the day,  we can't move our packs to another server because 90% went to one server making it impossible to do anything.  Yep this is serious nostalgia I'm having here, I had hope NCShaft would learn from 15 years almost of mistakes and they haven't.  I spend first 10 hrs running back/forth from town "Saving" money on Ports cause Juji said on stream no free teleport.. What a ****** liar  he is to be honest.  Found out after playing 10+ hrs teleport were free.. Ya JOKES ON ME for listening to what the great and wise Juji said.    

Haven't decided on still playing or chalking $100 up to a waste trying to have fun like I used to because of this JOKE called a classic server.  TO a joke called Juji the great and wasteful liar of a GM that has no sense of humor.. Did you even watch the stream Juji you look some uncomfortable, all over the place, and didn't know what was fact/fiction of what you were saying because 5 days before lauch you still "hadn't hammered out the details"  Your a multi-million dollar company and 5 days before launch you didn't know when servers were coming up?  Pretty sure this post will be deleted but hey w/e I'm venting because this is 1000x worse than Classic was ever and I was stupid enough to buy chronicle packs x2 and load $20 x2 onto accounts hoping for something different.  NCShaft great job of coning me into believing you and getting my hopes up!  KUDOS A++++

Totally agree with this guy. This server is right now a joke.

A multibillion corporation, which employs 3,100 people, has released the server and:

• has a delay of 10h due to "technical issues" (Ncsoft: "3.100 ppl was looking on this, doing their best, but no ETA"),
  • Ncsoft packs have some "technical problems" and do not give coins (NCsoft: "3.100 ppl is already looking on this, but it might take a while").  
  • several quests are bugged (NCsoft: "we know about this, and we reported this to DEV, and we are waiting for answer since yesterday - cuz there is no one at work right now (-5 GMT sorry"),
  • several mobs are bugged and do not give proper xp (NCsoft: "yeah, yeah,we are looking on this since yesterday (-5 GMT sorry"),
  • adena rates has been reduced((NCsoft: "yeah, DEV is looking on this, but 3.100 ppl is out of work right now")
  • after death xp loss is 10% instead of 4%, and Ncsoft packs do not reduce it (NCsoft: "we will back to this in a while, after we are good with another stuff").

In my opinion this is an official server, you are have three housands of employees, but you are messy and you are unprepared - it looks like, that some russian guy (kid) sitting in his pajamas with a cigarette in his teeth in the middle of syberia - could do it better. 

29 minutes ago, beleaua said:

all quests so far seems for solo. who design a mmo like that?

there are no quests in lineage 2

you do some but are useless. 

the only quests that matter are the weapon in 10 level, moonnight quest in 25 and the class transfer quests

its not a quest game. 

you do other things with people. actually you do things with people instead of doing quests that dont matter anyway

stick around and you see what i mean

when you realize what is all about then you will see my point

3 minutes ago, existenz said:

the only quests that matter are the weapon in 10 level, moonnight quest in 25 and the class transfer quests

its not a quest game. 

you do other things with people. actually you do things with people instead of doing quests that dont matter anyway

stick around and you see what i mean

when you realize what is all about then you will see my point

your points is besides the subject i'm talking about

i have played most of the p2p time. i know how the game works

yet in this classic they introduced quests and guess what? they don't work in party. in a mmo. in 2018. why even bother to introduce them?

Just now, beleaua said:

yet in this classic they introduced quests and guess what? they don't work in party. in a mmo. in 2018. why even bother to introduce them?

They introduced a handful of quests to get you through the first few shitty levels in an ancient game that barely brings in any new players anymore. The goal of those quests is to get you to where the game starts getting interesting, not to make people bleep around at sub 20 levels in parties. I'm happy to grind it out for months or even years with an interesting class, but bleep spamming windstrike on gremlins and keltirs for a days.

what's wrong with levels under 20? are they not allowed to party? worst part when you get to those quests where they spawn only a hand of mobs and there are like 200 players waiting. even worse, this game used to have a lot more mobs in the past now they are reduced in numbers.

27 minutes ago, existenz said:

its not a quest game. 

There were a lot of quests in the original game, which were a huge part of playing the market in C-grade. 200 Gold Wyverns = 1 pair of Demon's Gloves, for example.

Some quests were "solo" (the item was given to whoever did the last hit on the quest mob), some were party (the item was randomly assigned to a member of the party who has this quest running).

2 hours ago, morus said:

Totally agree with this guy. This server is right now a joke.

A multibillion corporation, which employs 3,100 people, has released the server and:

• has a delay of 10h due to "technical issues" (Ncsoft: "3.100 ppl was looking on this, doing their best, but no ETA"),
  • Ncsoft packs have some "technical problems" and do not give coins (NCsoft: "3.100 ppl is already looking on this, but it might take a while").  
  • several quests are bugged (NCsoft: "we know about this, and we reported this to DEV, and we are waiting for answer since yesterday - cuz there is no one at work right now (-5 GMT sorry"),
  • several mobs are bugged and do not give proper xp (NCsoft: "yeah, yeah,we are looking on this since yesterday (-5 GMT sorry"),
  • adena rates has been reduced((NCsoft: "yeah, DEV is looking on this, but 3.100 ppl is out of work right now")
  • after death xp loss is 10% instead of 4%, and Ncsoft packs do not reduce it (NCsoft: "we will back to this in a while, after we are good with another stuff").

In my opinion this is an official server, you are have three housands of employees, but you are messy and you are unprepared - it looks like, that some russian guy (kid) sitting in his pajamas with a cigarette in his teeth in the middle of syberia - could do it better. 

If by any chance , having a delay and some minor bugs ( yes, I call them minor : several quests and mobs bugged, adena rate reduced and xp loss ) is a game breaker for you, then go play that server which that russian guy from syberia with his cigarette in his teeth, has open it which will then close in few months.

2 hours ago, beleaua said:

all quests so far seems for solo. who design a mmo like that?

New to Lineage 2 I assume?

1 hour ago, beleaua said:

Nope you did not played p2p version if you say "solo quest" in Lineage 2 where everyone and their mother knows that L2 quests are "solo" , aka who gives the last hit on the mob.

Wait. You want Classic, yet .. is 2018 and you want 2018 "MMO Experience"? Is called Classic for a reason!

Well then , there are other games which have the "2018 experience". Go and enjoy them.

2 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Nope you did not played p2p version if you say "solo quest" in Lineage 2 where everyone and their mother knows that L2 quests are "solo" , aka who gives the last hit on the mob.

Wait. You want Classic, yet .. is 2018 and you want 2018 "MMO Experience"? Is called Classic for a reason!

Well then , there are other games which have the "2018 experience". Go and enjoy them.

vorba lui caragiale... amice, esti idiot!

of course if you looked at the old forum or ever played this game in the past you would have seen me.

the old game had plenty of quests they added with time and it worked in the party. from c4 onward they added lots of quests like that. but of course, add more new quests and go backwards instead of forward.

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

vorba lui caragiale... amice, esti idiot!

of course if you looked at the old forum or ever played this game in the past you would have seen me.

the old game had plenty of quests they added with time and it worked in the party. from c4 onward they added lots of quests like that. but of course, add more new quests and go backwards instead of forward.

E ok, te faci tu mare.

I don't care what you played actually. You came here for classic experience, and now you want shared quests which were introduced in later and not C4 ?! I really can't remember , but go ahead and give me a link that they introduced shared quests in C4. I could be wrong that is.

Anyway, you are free to go!

Ya I’m not too trusting of ncsoft.. they had simple xp items when GOD first released then a month later it was scrolls of destruction and eventually other pay to win items. I suspect they will add those items eventually at which point I’ll quit and go to skelth 

im happy with the current item shop it’s not bad (they do need to earn money) but if it comes down to needing to pay for items to even be rometly competitive that’s when you’ll see so many quit.

im surprised that I haven’t seen any bots I think their new detect program is working

2 hours ago, beleaua said:

and why should we care in why they introduce them?

there are things in game that are for no reason or for some reason that is beyond us...

for example

most npcs says "quest" and if you click it says you are not authorized for that quest and in most cases you will never be authorized for that quest but the option is there since forever... i dont know why is there and i dont think it matters if we find the answer...

2 minutes ago, dopaxx22 said:

Ya I’m not too trusting of ncsoft.. they had simple xp items when GOD first released then a month later it was scrolls of destruction and eventually other pay to win items. I suspect they will add those items eventually at which point I’ll quit and go to skelth 

when that time comes... and i think that will come fast. Lets hope that skelth will be there :P because lots of people are here now

Archived