Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gauge

Drop rate is fine

Recommended Posts

Gauge    16

The point of this post is to show that there are differing opinions on this.  I will not engage in hostile words, or finger pointing.  Nor will I engage in personal attacks.

It is my personal opinion that the drop rate is fine.  From 1-20 the accelerated quests are in.  This makes it seem as if the drops are are much lower than they are, because you are getting experience so much faster.  Any argument about X amount of adena by level 20 is skewed by this fact.

The other argument is more objective.  Mob is supposed to drop X adena and it drops Y.  This is a legitimate argument, but you also have to consider that they have to support the free to play model.  If you do repeatable quests, I do believe it's more than possible to play this game without spending money.  If you do spend some money, it's not even a question IMO.  I would much prefer the current drop rate if it results in a more sustainable classic server.  The last thing I want is people NOT spending money, or having no reason to, and the game to not be able to financially support NCSOFT wanting to maintain it.

I'm personally having a blast, and I don't think the drop rates should be changed dramatically.  I could be on board with a slight increase to help out F2P players, but not anywhere close to what people are suggesting.

I just wanted to make a post showing a dissenting opinion to the mass of posts on the forums.  I am not harassing you for your opinions, please don't harass me for mine.

Edited by Gauge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mistrix    16

I mean... Im playing orc and I did only 1 quest for EXP, which was to get weapon, the sword. and later on, I did quest which has only adena reward, no EXP. Im almost 20 lvl and I get 16k adena.  I havent wasted a single adena for anything. Pure farming, pure doing quest for ADENA only and got 16k, if I sell rings, and mats, maybe in total I will have 20k adena. I mean... 20k adena at lvl 20 ? what do I do later on? I wont be able to kill fcking mob lol ;D with this 11 lvl weapon, come on. :) Yea sure u can go group with ppl, and 1 mob which drops em, 50 adena... it will be devided by 9 ppl and u will get 5-6 adena :DDD fck.. arrghhh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
morus    50

@GaugeYour opinion is kinda strange  - you are saying that the drop rate is fine, and you justify it with showing how facked up they are? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
5 minutes ago, Gauge said:

The point of this post is to show that there are differing opinions on this.  I will not engage in hostile words, or finger pointing.  Nor will I engage in personal attacks.

It is my personal opinion that the drop rate is fine.  From 1-20 the accelerated quests are in.  This makes it seem as if the drops are are much lower than they are, because you are getting experience so much faster.  Any argument about X amount of adena by level 20 is skewed by this fact.

The other argument is more objective.  Mob is supposed to drop X adena and it drops Y.  This is a legitimate argument, but you also have to consider that they have to support the free to play model.  If you do repeatable quests, I do believe it's more than possible to play this game without spending money.  If you do spend some money, it's not even a question IMO.  I would much prefer the current drop rate if it results in a more sustainable classic server.  The last thing I want is people NOT spending money, or having no reason to, and the game to not be able to financially support NCSOFT wanting to maintain it.

I'm personally having a blast, and I don't think the drop rates should be changed dramatically.  I could be on board with a slight increase to help out F2P players, but not anywhere close to what people are suggesting.

I just wanted to make a post showing a dissenting opinion to the mass of posts on the forums.  I am not harassing you for your opinions, please don't harass me for mine.

You are totally wrong, and allow me to tell you why

1 - Drop rate prevents bots from running, its what NCSoft says, ok how can you prove that? lets start with Official "We reduced drop because of bots, they are not allow to farm here anymore, we have new anti-cheat its a clean server" (REALLY JOKE, take a good look at Official server, not the classic one, go to Fairy Settlement and Bloody swamp, take a good look, that method really was good enough to take care of Bots/Adena Sellers? 100% sure not, it just screw up with all free players, because now they are not allowed to make adena, and how u suppose to compete with those whales like this, simple question, you don't compete)

2 - I was Really happy with Classic NA coming, i waited 9 hours to login, first negative point, cause it takes 9 bleepING HOURS.
 

3 - Take a really good look at Subscription VIP4 / EXP Runes, it's not enough? +EXP/10%PVEDMG/-EXP Loss Upon Death, LETS ADD SOME SHOTS FOR NCOIN THAT WOULD BE GREAT!! AND GUESS WHAT WE WILL ADD PLENTY OF BUFFS THAT FREE PLAYERS DONT GET IT, so they will stay atleast 1 week to reach the point where spenders can reach in 1 day, reason? BUFFS/SHOTS on l2store, GREAT!!

 

4 - Did u ever tried to login and get 1000+ on Queue and ur game just close? AMAZING
 

5 - Mages didn't get ONE SINGLE SpiritShot, know why? ITS A ISSUE ALREADY KNOWN BY DEVS AND JUJI! WOW! what they did, some compensate? NO, wait until next week or BUY SHOTS IN STORE.

 

Conclusion - So, as a mage free player u don't have buffs, you don't have shots, how can you compete with a faster caster that are spending shots to hunt/buffs? you simply don't, meanwhile u get EXP so fast that u won't have adena even for shots, what u suppose to do? guess what? NCOIN bleep

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gauge    16

In the original game, it was never intended to use shots 24/7 while grinding until MUCH later in the game when you had a good shop going. 
Free players do get a lot of buffs from the missions and daily rewards.  The net difference in buffs is really not that much.  I'm not a free player and I'm not even using them lol.  It's about the journey and people, not rushing ASAP to some arbitrary point so you burn out.

I want to point out that there is already a classic server the way you want it in europe, it is ridiculously easy to VPN to.  I played it myself for a good while.  If you don't like this version, play that one.

Edited by Gauge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
2 minutes ago, Gauge said:

In the original game, it was never intended to use shots 24/7 while grinding until MUCH later in the game when you had a good shop going. 

I want to point out that there is already a classic server the way you want it in europe, it is ridiculously easy to VPN to.  I played it myself for a good while.  If you don't like this version, play that one.

So please remove the shots and buffs from l2store, then you can hunt saving ur shots like a free play would do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViciousL2    23
1 minute ago, Gauge said:

In the original game, it was never intended to use shots 24/7 while grinding until MUCH later in the game when you had a good shop going. 

I want to point out that there is already a classic server the way you want it in europe, it is ridiculously easy to VPN to.  I played it myself for a good while.  If you don't like this version, play that one.

This is not original game. And we're not in 2004. And we are not in Korea.

Rates must be increased to the point where you can afford shots/potions and save money to upgrade your at least your weapon on class change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vegapunk    3

It's obvious they have lowered adena and drops to try force people into buying into there VIP system.

The majority of the player base isn't using it, soon the servers will be dead.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinkest    39
6 minutes ago, Gauge said:

In the original game, it was never intended to use shots 24/7 while grinding until MUCH later in the game when you had a good shop going. 
Free players do get a lot of buffs from the missions and daily rewards.  The net difference in buffs is really not that much.  I'm not a free player and I'm not even using them lol.  It's about the journey and people, not rushing ASAP to some arbitrary point so you burn out.

I want to point out that there is already a classic server the way you want it in europe, it is ridiculously easy to VPN to.  I played it myself for a good while.  If you don't like this version, play that one.

Then Shots must be removed from the cash shop. It's directly selling constant power for money that the average player is not supposed to have. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
Just now, Sinkest said:

Then Shots must be removed from the cash shop. It's directly selling constant power for money that the average player is not supposed to have. 

I already said that, atleast someone get's what im trying to say here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gauge    16

A monetization scheme that you are asking for already exists.  If you want that monetization scheme on a classic server, go to that server.  I mean it's really simple.

Step 1:  Decide the monetization scheme you want, monthly sub, or f2p shop.
Step 2:  Play on that server.
Step 3:  Optional if you just want to have your cake and eat it to, go away.

As I said in my OP.  I support a mild increase in drops for F2P players, but nothing that will satisfy anyone on this forum asking for more.  I live in the real world.  Where servers and developers, customer support, etc etc cost money.

Edited by Gauge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
3 minutes ago, Gauge said:

A monetization scheme that you are asking for already exists.  If you want that monetization scheme on a classic server, go to that server.  I mean it's really simple.

Step 1:  Decide the monetization scheme you want, monthly sub, or f2p shop.
Step 2:  Play on that server.
Step 3:  Optional if you just want to have your cake and eat it to, go away.

As I said in my OP.  I support a mild increase in drops for F2P players, but nothing that will satisfy anyone on this forum asking for me.  I live in the real world.  Where servers and developers, customer support, etc etc cost money.

And lets say half of server (counting 5k players here) spend 30$ for pack + VIP, lets say 80$, 400.000$, sure u live in Disney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gauge    16

Purchasing products before you know what they are is your problem.  Preordering is the problem of the consumer not the supplier.  Preordering is a risk, a known risk.  You knew those risks and you took it.  If you didn't want to take those risks, you shouldn't have preordered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dopaxx22    4
17 minutes ago, Gauge said:

In the original game, it was never intended to use shots 24/7 while grinding until MUCH later in the game when you had a good shop going. 
Free players do get a lot of buffs from the missions and daily rewards.  The net difference in buffs is really not that much.  I'm not a free player and I'm not even using them lol.  It's about the journey and people, not rushing ASAP to some arbitrary point so you burn out.

I want to point out that there is already a classic server the way you want it in europe, it is ridiculously easy to VPN to.  I played it myself for a good while.  If you don't like this version, play that one.

I keep seeing this “original game” it’s really not the original game - the only classic part of this is the classes, other than that it’s a different game and people should realize that. That being said, there is a REASON why they increased the drop / adena in Russia because it was way low (just like ours) and I’m telling you the Russians are way more hardcore - NA players will not last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gauge    16
2 minutes ago, dopaxx22 said:

I keep seeing this “original game” it’s really not the original game - the only classic part of this is the classes, other than that it’s a different game and people should realize that. That being said, there is a REASON why they increased the drop / adena in Russia because it was way low (just like ours) and I’m telling you the Russians are way more hardcore - NA players will not last long.

The "classic" part of this is the classes and grind.  It's more of a mix, you're correct about that.  But that hardcore is in that mix.  As far as NA, it seems like MOST of the people on here aren't even from NA.  So I'm not sure your argument of them not lasting long stands :P I also said I support a raise in drops, but I understand if they have to be lower than original to support the F2P model.

Edited by Gauge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadeX    11

Guys you still don't get it right? they made the rates like this in purpose so people would buy ss packs, if rates were normal do you think anybody would buy the ss pack?? lol come on use your tiny brains for once.

Please someone explain to me how do I buy ss after 20+ while saving up adena and please don't come with the argument "BUT SS WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE USED TO FARM" do you think competitive cps are farming without ss? lmao

Edited by ShadeX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dopaxx22    4
1 minute ago, Gauge said:

The "classic" part of this is the classes and grind.  It's more of a mix, you're correct about that.  But that hardcore is in that mix.  As far as NA, it seems like MOST of the people on here aren't even from NA.  So I'm not sure your argument of them not lasting long stands :P I also said I support a raise in drops, but I understand if they have to be lower than original to support the F2P model.

Don’t get me wrong I am loving the game so far. But if I can’t afford the soul shots when I have a spoiler and another dd friend (and only one using shots) there is a problem - I’ve played c1-interlude and classic eu. Even selling all my mats from spoiling which isn’t a lot I can’t break even. At this point I do not see a reason to keep my spoiler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
1 minute ago, ShadeX said:

Guys you still don't get it right? they made the rates like this in purpose so people would buy ss packs, if rates were normal do you think anybody will buy the ss pack?? lol come on use your tiny brains for once.

Please someone explain to me how do I buy ss after 20+ while saving up adena and please don't come with the argument "BUT SS WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE USED TO FARM" do you think competitive cps are farming without ss? lmao

EXP Rune are enough for Classic, NCsoft just screw up with another Lineage II server again selling shots/buffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krissa    89
26 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

Rates must be increased to the point where you can afford shots/potions and save money to upgrade your at least your weapon on class change.

No, they must not, otherwise it would destroy the ingame economy, which is a part of the L2 classic experience.

Shots are an adena sink regulating the amount of adena circulating on the ingame market. If they were not a luxury, they would not work this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadeX    11
2 minutes ago, Krissa said:

No, they must not, otherwise it would destroy the ingame economy, which is a part of the L2 classic experience.

Shots are an adena sink regulating the amount of adena circulating on the ingame market. If they were not a luxury, they would not work this way.

I think we all would agree with you IF there weren't ss packs in the store but they are and so all you have said doesn't make any sense.

Edited by ShadeX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliodmv    19
2 minutes ago, Krissa said:

No, they must not, otherwise it would destroy the ingame economy, which is a part of the L2 classic experience.

Shots are an adena sink regulating the amount of adena circulating on the ingame market. If they were not a luxury, they would not work this way.

Just remove shots and buffs from l2 store and we will be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saffi    33

TBH I would like to know why NCsoft is not saying anything!! about anything and with so many problems it's not very reassuring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krissa    89
5 minutes ago, ShadeX said:

I think we all would agree with you IF there weren't ss packs in the store but they are and so all you have said doesn't make any sense.

The SS packs in the store are only good for "compensating" for the broken mystic quests - and maybe for wasting NCoins to get VIP4 fast. Otherwise they are ridiculously expensive.

Edited by Krissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViciousL2    23
9 minutes ago, Krissa said:

No, they must not, otherwise it would destroy the ingame economy, which is a part of the L2 classic experience.

Shots are an adena sink regulating the amount of adena circulating on the ingame market. If they were not a luxury, they would not work this way.

Sorry, what economy are you talking about?? People have 20k adena at level 20. The only economy you can see right now is people selling trash and crafting materials for ridiculously high prices.

Shots are not an adena sinking right now, cause you can't even afford to buy them.

I have no problem with shots being sold with real cash, but let other players buy them too. 

Edited by ViciousL2
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinkest    39
Just now, Krissa said:

The SS packs in the store are only good to "compensate" for the broken mystic quests - and maybe for wasting NCoins to get VIP4 fast. Otherwise they are ridiculously expensive.

They were not added to compensate for anything broken right now. They've been planned from the beginning knowing full well people wouldn't be able to afford them in game. Expensive or not they are there and we all know plenty of people will buy them as they give a direct power bonus. They are now the only actual item in the store that is P2W. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×