Drop rate is fine

Gauge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The discussion is interesting, as long as it is civil.  But the whole thing was bait-and-switch.  It was sold as a F2P version of the classic experience.  The VIP program was disclosed and the L2Store, though they didn't disclose ahead of time what it would sell.  But they never mentioned anything about, on the one hand, quests to make getting to 20 easy, and, on the other hand, that they would severely nerf drop, adena and spoil rates.  They said there would be rewards for reaching new levels and an attendance event, but they never mentioned the awards would be absolutely paltry compared to the awards on Skelth (the only comparison we had to go by).  Yes, we took a risk.  But we could not have anticipated this.    

NCSoft deliberately increasing the real-world value of adena before they launch third party sellers online? Thats my theory.
The decision made to nerf adena drops was calculated, i have no doubt. It forces people to buy through L2 shop and eventually online.

This decision will destroy the game if not reversed. Game companies think players are muppets with open wallets... @Juji FIX THIS MESS!!!!!!!

All the people saying:

"You need to have better drop rates or SS for VIP so ppl will pay and they will mantain the server" are just completely wrong, like tryng to justify ncsoft so they will get a "good boy" reward.

Look at league of legends, by far the most profitable online game, they give NO INGAME BENEFIT from real-money bought stuff, or at least nothing that will stop you for beign as good as the best player in the world. And they make tooons of money. Because when people feel a fair trade, a fair game, they keep fighting , cause every noob or lvl 7 guy feels like they can reach the top and be one of them.

I played C1, in a server actually under the 1x in exp. I know hardocre, i know what its spending 3+ months to get 20 and years to reach 60,  (and here im 14 in 3 hours of casual playing/web-browsing) and dudes... THIS IS NOT C1 HARDCORE STYLE. This is pay-to-win  lvl-up-fast-but-afford-nothing stupid way of running a server. You dont feel hardocre, you feel unfairness.

Im an working adult, i could afford 10$ for a fancy headpiece, and some more for maybe even the 2nd class quest or smth like that... But this stupid feeling of VIPS over regulars? No way, cause you will expend ur 40$ on "game" and 14$ con "monthly" to realize that after  months this shit is dead.

Such a sorrow, i had so much faith in this.

Too lazy to do repeatable quests, SMH. 

Are repeatable quests slow?  Yes, welcome to L2.  You had to choose, money or xp in the OG game.  I'm not seeing any difference here.  Most money earned in the OG game past a certain point was repeatable quests and farming drops anyways.

This is exactly what happened.  People did starter quests, rushed XP as fast as humanly possible, because that's why they do in every game they mmo hop to.  Now they are demanding in game money so they can continue that path.

How about stop leveling, and start googling repeatable quests to farm.  They HAVE NOT been nerfed.  I repeat, the repeatable quests have not been nerfed, they give just as much money as they ever did.  Some are giving more than OG rates.

6 hours ago, Aytrax said:

Let me harras you with some adena and drop information from the official Lineage 2 guide from 2004 release:

http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

Starts at page 234.

This is not fine, the droprate is completely broken. The game was not designed for farming in low no grade gear at level 24 without soulshots.

Great information. 

@Hime dont even try to say that drop rates are fine. Check that .pdf book ))))))))))

6 hours ago, Aytrax said:

Let me harras you with some adena and drop information from the official Lineage 2 guide from 2004 release:

http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

Starts at page 234.

This is not fine, the droprate is completely broken. The game was not designed for farming in low no grade gear at level 24 without soulshots.

Wow this is one big ass guide, thanks for the link tho.
I really wonder how many of those who claim that the adena rate is same as it was in C1 truly played during C1 after all. xD

19 minutes ago, warborn said:

I played open beta, C1 and whatnot.

The rates on NA classic are not comparable.

+ Spoil rates are broken. If I had to guess, I would say spoil rates alone were nerfed several hundred percent.

spoil 70% is like 7% ...

I think the problem lies on the free teleports.

People who hit 20 left their villages with not a thought on how to sustain themselves and rushing to reach level cap.

This is not a race, it’s a marathon.

And it also defeats the purpose of buying scrolls of escape for each village when you can just teleport for free.

I say make the teleports a commodity, and have players put some thought in money making as opposed to rushing level up.

17 minutes ago, Mirabilla said:

I think the problem lies on the free teleports.

People who hit 20 left their villages with not a thought on how to sustain themselves without rushing to reach level cap.

This is not a race, it’s a marathon.

And it also defeats the purpose of buying scrolls of escape for each village when you can just teleport for free.

I say make the teleports a commodity, and have players put some thought in money making as opposed to rushing level up.

People are saying that by the time they reach level 40, they wont have even close to enough adena to buy top No Grade. If they don't buy any consumables (hp pots, soul shots, etc), they would barely have enough to buy cedar staff (mid no grade), jewels and armor. If true, getting D grade is going to be a grind, especially when considering we are not using shots.

So funny that ppl compare it to C1 or so, this is "Lineage 2 Classic" you can only compare it with other versions of classic, it is pointless to do so vs old L2...

So the drop rate here is something way different from any other version of it.

Classic 1.0 was way more hardcore, one could not afford using ss for farming at ALL at any lvl not to mention any item drops.

1.5 was way easier on the other hand. Around lvl 30 you would have money for D set/weapon and you could us ss all the time.

Here we are somewhere between those two, as a mage I farm solo 20-40 mins w/o shots and another 20 with(no I'm not purchasing those with $). Doing it that way I can save enough money to buy low D grade weapon at 33-35 lvl (27lvl with 100k+ rn).

For those who don't like it here is a small sneak peak, for a very long time you won't be able to afford your grade items, don't expect to wear some nice B set and weapon 70lvlxD

Archived