Forums

A little rant about drop/adena rates complains

Kaizant

OK... I wil start by saying that I'm not all in for all the things in the current build, but I see a lot of people complaining about not have adena for shots.

I played L2 from the start, early 2004, until 2008 and came back now to play the game I loved so much. I didnt stop to play for lack of interest, but my job didnt let me have time to spend a proper amount of time on L2.

Guys... adena was always a problem back in the day. I saw someone saying that he could buy all top no grade equip by lvl 20, and have change to spare with potions and shots... Dude, I dont want to call the guy a liar, he maybe found a way to make lots of adena while under lvl 20, but me and my clan (started with 8 ppl) couldnt do it. we had to do repeateble quests, and do it a lot, to get some adena.

Item drop? yeah, we had, but on so low frequence that we virtually no existent, and you guys want know why? cause L2 had a crafter class who was need it to make the equipment for the players! NPC prices were always a extorcion so the dwarfs could have importace to the game.

Shots were only used when we really need it, they werent on auto use. Do you want to know what we did back them to be able to play in places like cruma tower? we made partys! who would thought that a MMO was created with that in mind?

My memory maybe on fault here, it was around 14y ago, but you just need to be in party to get the quest itens your need if your party killed a mob for your quest, most of the quest itens werent 100% drop, but i did many quests as a bishop just by stay near my friends, rarelly need to atk a mob.

I'm not advocating for 100% autencity to that time, cause it was hard! much more than now! we didnt have a quest that gave us enought exp to jump a full lvl like the chains quests now, and yes, i know that the chain quests were normal quests that are now combined in just 1. We didnt get 1k shot from a quest... 1k adena from repetable quests before lvl 20? nope... 100 potions from a "single time" quets that can be done 3 time? lol...

The game is not perfect now, and do you want to know a little secret? It was never perfect. 

I am a casual today cause i dont have time like before, but still... i play te game to enjoy myself, not to compete with others, and at least for me, its enjoyable have to work hard to have your stuff.

Sorry but I havent seen anyone say they could buy " top no grade equip by lvl 20" but you could use SS and go hunt and then go and buy more and make a small profit. The Adena is about 1/3 of what it should be.

Stop spreading this bullshit. Adena is nerfed here compared to old servers on C1/C2.

40 minutes ago, akaa said:

Drop rate, Quest rate and XP rate are NOT the same rates as it used to be back in C1. You can easyly confirm it.

Google for something called "Lineage 2 PRIMA official guide". It was kind of strategic guide to the game back in C1. It was officially signed by NcSoft.

Now, let's start with quests. 1/3 of quests from that guide is not available in classic and the rest of the quests are giving 1/4 or even 1/5 of the adena/items rewards (you can easy confirm it). Instead they put crappy quests with gutload of XP and novice gear which is useless.

Adena rate is nerfed too. You can see on the calculator how much some mobs should drop adena - it's basically 1/3 or 1/2 of the adena that should be on the ground.

Lastly, XP. XP is nerfed as well, but you can feel it only after lvl 21 once you turn all the XP quests.

So stop spreading bullshit that this is the same classic as it was, because everything is nerfed to take money out of the pockets :) Even quests available on Skelth are not available here (f.ex Blood Fiend)

SZZ9uLX.png

This is my problem. Adena isn't "hard" to get. It's been obliterated. You can skip the exp quest, avoid consumables, and don't use SS. You still won't be able to upgrade your starter weapon until 25-30. Only then mid-no grade.

I played Prelude-Interlude. L2 has always been a harsh mistress. But it was never this ridiculous.

Archived