Something is (SERIOUSLY) wrong with adena/exp rate!

okipvp

I'm killing Greystone Golems and Maraku werewolves chieftain in the Northern Region, they give me around 420 exp and around 25 adena.

When I go kill some Kasha Imp, they give me around 80 EXP and between 40 and 80 adena.

You guys are having terrible issues around the server. Hope you can fix this madness.

Less ADENA

Less EXP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah plains of Dion is full of these errors, only Tumran Bugbear gives correct xp of up to 2500, all the others give under 1000, even the 2x hp monster eyes, this need an asap fix aswell as the adena drops so it does not get unbalanced with lvl 30 and 10k adena in bank..

2 hours ago, WHYALLFAIL said:

20 lv 15k adena top. At level 40 we will have 0 because adena drops wont be enough to cover our SS. I dont even mention making D-C gears. This server cant live like that, just cant.

Drops and Adena nerfed like by %80.

AGREE

12 hours ago, okipvp said:

I'm killing Greystone Golems and Maraku werewolves chieftain in the Northern Region, they give me around 420 exp and around 25 adena.

When I go kill some Kasha Imp, they give me around 80 EXP and between 40 and 80 adena.

You guys are having terrible issues around the server. Hope you can fix this madness.

Less ADENA

Less EXP

Found any new Exp/Adena unbalance?

Honestly, at this point I just want a statement on all of these rates.  Especially spoil rates and bugged xp of some mobs.  As a spoiler I want to feel that I am progressing in at least some way but can't really do that when the mobs I'm trying to farm have broken spoil rates and bugged xp along with the current Adena rates.

Scent Of Death quest, at launch, gave 2k Adena, now 500.

Trade With the Ivory Tower at launch gave 2k Adena, now 1000.

Bones Tell The future at launch gave 1000 Adena, now 500.

Bonds of Slavery, formerly Chains Of Slavery, at launch gave 13 Adena per Imp Shackle, now give 5 Adena per.

I have VIP 3 so I get a bonus to XP, I have no other XP buffs and leveling has been quick. The amount of Adena earnable has been cut in half, at least. The combination of the two will drive people to either do RMT or quit. If I had used the extra scrolls (4) given to me from progression, I'd probably be 14 or 15 by now and just as broke.

Granted, teleports are free now so there is that convenience to consider but, I never used the teleports at launch because it cost too much. As for gear, I remember earning enough to buy NG gear and now it is given for free. I also remember buying SS but eared enough grinding to replace the spent Adena and even add to it. Seems there is some attempt at balance in that regard but, once you hit 20, that all goes out the window and you won't earn enough 1-25 to buy even the lowest end D grade weapon without deleveling to grind certain mobs and/or quests.

Adena has been nerfed, on purpose, to encourage buying from the shop and to encourage RMT.

(im posthing it again here) I mean, i'am not defending NCWest but i think the problem is everybody is playing as if this was the live version. You have to play in group and by that i dont mean 9 dds behind a mob in AC. It takes work of a group to be able to buy a piece of equipment to a DD or support to be able to exp faster, etc.

Also the ONLY way i believe anything xp related works atm is AOE, it is fast xp and u get profit in money. You are all complaining you cant pay for shots, well that's because u spend all shots on normal hits and on 1 by 1 mob. The solution is, only use soulshots with skills and use skills that do aoe damage, that way you can use 2-3 shots, bring down 10-15 mobs and get more than enough adena to make profit and repay your soulshots. Hunt green or light blue mobs if you are aoeing solo, maybe white if you are in a group. IF you want to make even more money, farm the soulshot quest in TI to kill 10 spiders and get 60 soulshots, but with aoe you will make enough adena to pay your shots and make profit for eqiupment.

This is classic, you are all supposed to take long but instead you are rushing through the levels as if theres no tomorrow, it's like you dont wanna play next month or something because you wanna reach end content. IT TAKES TIME, money is more important than lvls. 

Now, im not saying NCwest is a saint, the rates are quite low? yes, would i mind a bit more adena/spoil rates? no, but im saying the game is playable, you can get things, you can have soulshots perma on, you can pay them back, IF YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE, MAKE GROUPS, COOPERATE AMONG YOU, and when i say make groups i mean to play live, not hit a macro each mob so u assist and kill next one, you don't need to play live to do that, it's boring, you need to play live to aoe which can be hard sometimes.

Stop playing this game by yourself, all of you just wanna make archers mages and daggers, well it has a price, in this chron you have to make farm characters, destroyers, warlords, spoilers, mages (aoe group) etc. You are lucky they reduced soulshots use, i remember you needed like 10 shots at some point for bow, now its only 1. It is kinda funny to see AC and it looks like a bot party because 9 guys are running behind a mob to hit without soulshots.

GO AOE

2 minutes ago, Ashnek said:

(im posthing it again here) I mean, i'am not defending NCWest but i think the problem is everybody is playing as if this was the live version. You have to play in group and by that i dont mean 9 dds behind a mob in AC. It takes work of a group to be able to buy a piece of equipment to a DD or support to be able to exp faster, etc.

Also the ONLY way i believe anything xp related works atm is AOE, it is fast xp and u get profit in money. You are all complaining you cant pay for shots, well that's because u spend all shots on normal hits and on 1 by 1 mob. The solution is, only use soulshots with skills and use skills that do aoe damage, that way you can use 2-3 shots, bring down 10-15 mobs and get more than enough adena to make profit and repay your soulshots. Hunt green or light blue mobs if you are aoeing solo, maybe white if you are in a grou. IF you want to make even more money, farm the soulshot quest in TI to kill 10 spiders and get 60 soulshots, but this way you will make enough adena to pay your shots and make profit for eqiupment.

This is classic, you are all supposed to take long but instead you are rushing through the levels as if theres no tomorrow, it's like you dont wanna play next month or something because you wanna reach end content. IT TAKES TIME, money is more important than lvls. 

Now, im not saying NCwest is a saint, would i mind a bit more adena/spoil rates? no, but im saying the game is playable, you can get things, you can have soulshots perma on, you can pay them back, IF YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE, MAKE GROUPS, COOPERATE AMONG YOU, and when i say make groups play live, not hit a macro each mob so u assist and kill next one

Stop playing this game by yourself, all of you just wanna make archers mages and daggers, well it has a price, in this chron you have to make farm characters, destroyers, warlords, spoilers, mages (aoe group) etc. You are lucky they reduced soulshots use, i remember you needed like 10 shots at some point for bow, now its only 1. It is kinda funny to see AC and it looks like a bot party because 9 guys are running behind a mob to hit without soulshots.

GO AOE

Sure u can have soulshot perma on, they are at l2store, you can have perma buffs too, they are too in l2store, enjoy

2 minutes ago, Ashnek said:

Also the ONLY way i believe anything xp related works atm is AOE, it is fast xp and u get profit in money. You are all complaining you cant pay for shots, well that's because u spend all shots on normal hits and on 1 by 1 mob. The solution is, only use soulshots with skills and use skills that do aoe damage, that way you can use 2-3 shots, bring down 10-15 mobs and get more than enough adena to make profit and repay your soulshots. Hunt green or light blue mobs if you are aoeing solo, maybe white if you are in a grou. IF you want to make even more money, farm the soulshot quest in TI to kill 10 spiders and get 60 soulshots, but this way you will make enough adena to pay your shots and make profit for eqiupment.

Now, im not saying NCwest is a saint, would i mind a bit more adena/spoil rates? no, but im saying the game is playable, you can get things, you can have soulshots perma on, you can pay them back, IF YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE, MAKE GROUPS, COOPERATE AMONG YOU, and when i say make groups play live, not hit a macro each mob so u assist and kill next one

GO AOE

Most of what you said is correct and i agree with it, But it still doesn't justify the rates being completely broken tho.

as i have said in many other threads the problems are

1)spoil rates are low VERY low probably less than 0.2 

2) adena drops i think that either they intentionally nerfed it or something is really wrong cause some mobs actually give the correct number of adena but others give x2-x3 less from their base

3)xp wise ok i guess they couldnt make the non vip's at x1 and the vip's at x.15-x2 so that everyone could be happy..no in a typical ncsoft way they decide to boost even more the vip's and nerf the non vip's do they even understand that a BIG playerbase means potentially MORE people to buy stuff from the store? who runs ncsoft ? brian krzanich?

4)why on earth sub 20 quests dont give 1/1 quest drops? i mean...........why? its not enough that we dont have money for ss you need to make us more angry?

5) some skills have increased mp consumption even by15 mp which for newbies is A LOT...

6)death penalty should be a fixed about of 4% on the current xp not 10%......

3 minutes ago, Lewt said:

As much as I would like to participate in an aoe party, it's pretty hard to do when I can't afford a ng pole and have to deal with the current spoil rates trying to gather materials to craft one.

Iam a warlord myself, i had the same problem, i went with my spoiler and a friend, farmed for a whole day. I got 2 recipes of short spear (1 spoil 1 normal drop), 1 blade (spoiled) (bought 2 more for like 6k each), farmed almost all mats, bought the rest. All the craft costed me in adena like 30k and 1 day of farming. While poling 2h i already paid back the investment.

1 minute ago, Ashnek said:

Iam a warlord myself, i had the same problem, i went with my spoiler and a friend, farmed for a whole day. I got 2 recipes of short spear, 1 blade (bought 2 more for like 6k each), farmed almost all mats, bought the rest. All the craft costed me in adena like 30k and 1 day of farming. While poling i already paid back the investment.

Maybe I'll just have to try again when I get back next week.  I just had absolutely terrible spoil luck when I tried.

3 minutes ago, Ashnek said:

This is classic, you are all supposed to take long

Dude, real classic had 4x+ the adena drop rates... Wtf are you talking about?

Do you not see this is an obvious ploy to force people into buying shots @ the store? This is pure greed.

Why do you think, of all items in this game, NC decided to put shots in the store? 

And combined with the low drop rate? 

It's pretty obvious what is going on here and telling people to just "deal with it" is going to result in a dead game. People can see what is going on here and it's not something a lot of people are going to be ok with.

This game will have literally no economy if adena drops aren't boosted to real classic levels. If you find a weapon or something, you'll end up selling it to the shop or crystallizing it because literally no one will be able to offer you more than the shop / crystals. As a dwarf, how are you supposed to make adena by crafting when no one can afford to buy what you craft? 

I have 3 characters at level 24 right now, and I'm using ALL the adena from 3 characters just to buy recharge, empower, and resurrection spellbooks. Don't you see how ridiculous that is? I haven't spent ANY ADENA ON ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. I'm using the reward armor and quest weapons, and my consumable are all rewards or from the shop.

How can you not see how ridiculous this is?

In real classic I had 1.5m+ of gear on my main by lvl 24 because the game had an economy that could be exploited fairly easily. This game has no economy. No one can afford anything other than basic consumables.

dont forget a pack of 1000 bssd is 400ncoins aka 5 euro.. and a pack of bssng is 300ncoins aka 4.5 euros essentially since there are no weapons on the server and they wont appear for months they are literally blackmailing everyone 

but this does raise the question why didnt they just put bssc and ssc on the store? is it because the mother company set the estimates LOWER than ever and they expect to get profits in a short time because of it? mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?........................

28 minutes ago, AmusingName003 said:

Dude, real classic had 4x+ the adena drop rates... Wtf are you talking about?

Do you not see this is an obvious ploy to force people into buying shots @ the store? This is pure greed.

Why do you think, of all items in this game, NC decided to put shots in the store? 

And combined with the low drop rate? 

It's pretty obvious what is going on here and telling people to just "deal with it" is going to result in a dead game. People can see what is going on here and it's not something a lot of people are going to be ok with.

This game will have literally no economy if adena drops aren't boosted to real classic levels. If you find a weapon or something, you'll end up selling it to the shop or crystallizing it because literally no one will be able to offer you more than the shop / crystals. As a dwarf, how are you supposed to make adena by crafting when no one can afford to buy what you craft? 

I have 3 characters at level 24 right now, and I'm using ALL the adena from 3 characters just to buy recharge, empower, and resurrection spellbooks. Don't you see how ridiculous that is? I haven't spent ANY ADENA ON ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. I'm using the reward armor and quest weapons, and my consumable are all rewards or from the shop.

How can you not see how ridiculous this is?

In real classic I had 1.5m+ of gear on my main by lvl 24 because the game had an economy that could be exploited fairly easily. This game has no economy. No one can afford anything other than basic consumables.

I dont remember exactly what the real drop rates were in classic, and again i am not saying they are saints, the rates are lower than other servers, most likely for the reason you say. What i remember back then is i was struggling so hard, i didn't get top armor/weapon at start of lvl range because it was too expensive, i had to farm all with clan, i farmed for weeks to get b grade with their help. I remember soulshots were a luxury, sometimes only to use them on pvp or raids.

As i was saying, THEY SHOULD fix the rates if they are broken and not intended, I also would like higher rates, it means less time farming. But all this crying is out of control, yes it takes longer than live, it takes longer than other classic official servers. Now if you didn't have the point of comparison of live server and other classic servers what would you do? not play the game?. We all got deal this hand and if they dont fix it you either solve it or don't play, but fix it if its broken not because a bunch of players cant cooperate to solve a problem of equipment.

This game is to be enjoyed you are here to have fun, advance is a byproduct, and most ppl is craving a sense of fake acomplishment by getting lvl and hitting with soulshots, god forbid you kill a monster without shots THAT WOULD BE CRAZY.

They are exploiting that need for this fake advance, and fast advance, why do u think people spend thousands of $ in live? just to be able to have a feeling of " better than ", which is a lie becasue you are only "richer than".If you enjoy playing the game and look ath the low rates as a problem to be solved in game (again, if they are as intended) and not a crying matter you will solve it, i am telling you, you can still exp, have soulshots, enjoy the game and get equipmen. Will you get 40 with top d in 2 days? doubtful. 

In some way i even like it this way, it forces people to play with other people, to cooperate, work together to get something. AOEing is so fun i have no idea why somebody would  endure the pain that is to have the repetitive mindless action of going behind a mob just clicking macro assist. In AOE you are alert, you have to heal, run the mobs, hit, you die, you laugh in ventirlo with your friend, theres the afk guy, anyway so much going on. Most important, you get money and lvl.

AND AGAIN, YES I WOULD LIKE HIGHER DROP RATES, they should be fixed, but please go play the game, not get frustrated with a problem that has a solution if you play with people. Yes you should ask for this matter to be reviewed see if the are wrong, but to get to the point of crying and hundreds of threads i mean thats wrong, THIS DOESNT MAKE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE, IT JUST MAKES IT HARD, SPECIALLY IF YOU PLAY THE WAY THAT PEOPLE DO IT IN LIVE SERVERS, if you put as much effort in all this complains in going soiling getting a spear or getting mages and aoeing, you would alrdy have your top NG or low D.

4 minutes ago, Olord said:

Is it possible to know with an official answer if they are aware of this,working on this or whatever and they will change rates or they are like they want them to be?
Just to know

Official reply is that "the issue has been forwarded to the dev team", textbook response, which means that this is likely to be intentional, and will probably receive next to no changes. 

Archived