Something is (SERIOUSLY) wrong with adena/exp rate!

okipvp

3 minutes ago, Qwenil said:

Official reply is that "the issue has been forwarded to the dev team", textbook response, which means that this is likely to be intentional, and will probably receive next to no changes. 

Well if it's like this,game will be totally dependent from shop,how are we supposed to craft C/B in game?
Hope to have a more specific answer of what are they gonna do,i dont care of being behind ppl that will p2w,but if i cant play a normal game without paying and stay forever in D grade would be good to know it now to avoid wasting time here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Qwenil said:

Official reply is that "the issue has been forwarded to the dev team", textbook response, which means that this is likely to be intentional, and will probably receive next to no changes. 

I'm not sure what in your tiny little brain makes you feel that way, but passing this nonsense on to other players is a bad approach. They WILL change the rates. Be patient and be glad you have some version of the game to play.

because ncsoft never made anything that involved planning in the long run hence why GoD servers are reduced to 2 now they made every possible move to gain money out of the usual ones and decided to nerf everything for those that dont pay 

seeing ncsoft doing something that will benefit them in the long run is next to impossible 

8 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

I'm not sure what in your tiny little brain makes you feel that way, but passing this nonsense on to other players is a bad approach. They WILL change the rates. Be patient and be glad you have some version of the game to play.

Oh you sweet summer child. Your innocence amuses me.  

10 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

Well we truly hope so, but atm it is still only hope, 'cause they didn't answered to this issue till now , its an giant problem and it scales as the time goes by.

9 minutes ago, Qwenil said:

Oh you sweet summer child. Your innocence amuses me.  

Look how they changed made the PK changes after the complaints. It's a significant issue and it has been addressed and will be changed. it might take 6 months though ;)

5 minutes ago, JamesSunderland said:

Well we truly hope so, but atm it is still only hope, 'cause they didn't answered to this issue till now , its an giant problem and it scales as the time goes by.

the only hope i have is the fact that they havent added yet ssc and bssc on the store...that means that its probably temporary and they gonna blame it on "we didnt tested it"

31 minutes ago, Pepperoni said:

I have one argument that concludes it all, if they make 0.25x drops , they must divide prices by 4 in shops. Only one solution to this bs.

That's what I've said in other threads, shop prices should reflect the rate that adena drops.

In answer to an accusation elsewhere, I am not defending shady practices.  I've called this bait-and-switch tactics.  Yes it was shady.  But "greedy corporation" is redundant, and "healthy profit" is a meaningless term.  Corporations are suppose to maximize profits.  That's why they exist.  And what's "healthy" to one person may not be to another.

When are we going to get an official answer on this?  NCWest should be able to tell us immediately whether this was intended and fairly quickly whether they plan on changing it.  "We are referring it to development is not an answer."  What is taking so long?

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

In answer to an accusation elsewhere, I am not defending shady practices.  I've called this bait-and-switch tactics.  Yes it was shady.  But "greedy corporation" is redundant, and "healthy profit" is a meaningless term.  Corporations are suppose to maximize profits.  That's why they exist.  And what's "healthy" to one person may not be to another.

When are we going to get an official answer on this?  NCWest should be able to tell us immediately whether this was intended and fairly quickly whether they plan on changing it.  "We are referring it to development is not an answer."  What is taking so long?

Juji already said the concern was sent to the devs. This means they are working on it. They aren't going to give any official info until they decide on what appropriate rates are.

12 minutes ago, Lawman said:

What's to decide?  Either they intended it or not.  Either they will fix it or they won't.  Fixing it might take some time (though not past next maintenance).  But deciding should be easy. 

fixing it takes literally 5 mins its nothing complicated the problem is as we find out that this version is a forced version of 1.0 with the rates of the current version of korea and such which is like 3-4 updates ahead of us..

In free to play game, player base can't be build on mechanism that assume that you will constantly spend money in item shop. When item shop in Freemium is necessary the in destroys it's basic mechanism - you can't pay to win becouse everyone who play spend real money in item shop. You have pay to play - so it's more a pay to play that a item shop solution for now. There must be a resonable barier between normal non-paying players and free users that will encurage to spend money in item shop but currently you HAVE to pay to play this game on classic standard. 

From my memories of classic L2 experience:

• No strugle of getting money for SS, Potions etcc
    • You can chose between lvling fast and geting more adena - not lvling by spending money or strugle to get some gold
  • Spoiling was more effective that normal drop.
  • Crafting was a default mechanism of getting gear.
  • No grade equipment was afordable and each next grade was dramaticaly harder to get then previous one.

I can understand that xp can be little lower for free players and a normal rates will be achived if you have VIP2+ status. But game should be playable for non-spending player. Normal non paying player should be able to get shitty gear and money for SS and potions, should be able to progress to sink in to that game and start spending money. Item shop should be a place to catch up, to get some cosmetic items, to get some adventage of free players. Not to allow play in this game without strugle.

Argument that it's classic and it's have to be hard it's insane. I play this game when i was a kid and i dont remember that i have macro setup for switching SS for best dmg skills, or don't use it at all and spend more time on wathing something on other monitor that fosusing on gameplay becouse all i can do its to farm mobs without SS, and best way to do that it's kill -5lvl mobs that won't kill me becouse I dont have HP potions... For me this game lvling its based on SS, potions and buffs. Its wasnt a whim - it was obligatory to have it to play on normal level.

For me. For now. This server have nothing related to classic experience, and reason for this is simple. Drop/spoil rate (craft mats) and Adena drop its throttling all the fun that was based on simple grinding tons of mobs. You must spend all your money on consumables, and you wont get  any of this back in loot. I'm spending time on playing my character and its not getting any better, i just have to pay to make it happend... It's disgusting. I know that switching drop rates dramaticaly (becouse that action is currently requested by community) its a big decision that can bleep of "true classic hardcore player" and have a huge impact on game economy. But currently game its just unplayeble after lvl 20 for players who don't pay. An by pay i mean buing SS for NCoins to not spend all Adena for it - not gettin adventage of other players.

Seriously, finger crossed for this project, but you HAVE to listen to community. Or you at least must have a solid arguments for not chainging aspects of the game that so much players are complaining about. Maybe it's not for me. Maybe I'm not so hardcore that I think so. You must have solid arguments that thius game should looks exackly like this - and no change will be made. 

Becouse the reason I stop play for now it's not becouse it was just a nostalgia, and I dont have time for this type of entertaiment. It's becouse this whole project for now looks like a golldiggers that find out that Classic servers are on wave now. And try to get some of this juccy money stream from reheated chop. By lower possible effort. 

2 hours ago, MichuFuego said:

it's not becouse it was just a nostalgia, and I dont have time for this type of entertaiment. It's becouse this whole project for now looks like a golldiggers that find out that Classic servers are on wave now. And try to get some of this juccy money stream from reheated chop. By lower possible effort. 

I honestly agree with pretty much everything that was pointed out in this topic,. I've played quite a few years of the game untill C5 - C6 in off servers. And i can honestly tell that i've never seen anything quite arround what we have now.

- When the "free" consumables run over, theres no turning back, either u have a quite solid economic bagage wish eventualy will also run out. 

I can't see in any way an opimistic future for the in-game economy as it is right now. No matter what, the economy is always based arround offer and search policy, wich means that :

whenever the offer excedes the demand, prices tend to drop

in the other way 

whenever the demand excedes the offer, prices tend to grow

The problem? There is no offer or demand, when the drop rates (lets focus on drop rates, because there is noway the items can come from shopping) are completely low and pretty much only 2% to 5% off the community has anything to offer, wich saddly enough, means nothing because the greed for adena is so big the prices are riddiculous and the other 95%-98% do not have any kind of power to establish any kind of coin circulation. 

So i honestly think that, you should figure out a way to revive the game economy. It's absurdly broken and unviable. None can do anything besides riddiculous AOE farm in AC. There is noway, beside the 10%-20% that are already 25+, that the normal players will keep with the game for longer.

People say "Ah, you should do a 9 ppl party and lvl up with AOE"... like if everyone knows that... like if everyone likes party... like if people would accept a no grade lvl 20 fighter without soul shot, hitting 25 when they can invite a mage to hit AoE... fighters wont have places in those parts, that happens a lot, I have seen that... "looking for AoE mages", sometimes a tanker, healer or buffer... so fighters must implore for groups? They need to have no self respect and implores everyday for a part... as they aren't able to level up alone... or they would need like 80 hours to level up while a mage with AoE group level up in 4 hours... that kind of ** did u used?

And about NC... They should play the game instead of reducing a random exp/spoil/rate without even testing it. They are losing hundreds of people... and this people will NEVER GET BACK. They are losing thousand of dollars. Just as they want very easy and very fast money. Everyone knows money isn't easy, if they want money, they need to make the game ENJOYABLE!! If my friends stop playing (as they are almost doing) I and the rest of my clan will quit and NC wont see any of our money, even the 'donators' are almost quiting... 

NC you shouldnt hope people won't quit just because they already bought starter pack... they aren't enjoying the game and they will quit... the server will be a ghost and everyone that still plays will think "it's not worth".

NC this game is 15 years old, it was beatiful almost 2 decades ago... but now... its nothing better than a MOBILE GAME... I have seens LOTS of prettier graphic on my cellphone... you don't ever update textures, the armors are like a paper from the right angle... you had 15 years to update that... don't say "the game is already complete", it's the past... now everygame that isn't losing players do constant updates, textures, performance increases, gameplay and everything... not just some stupid new levels and equips... the only 'upgrade' a had seen was some interfaces changes... the rest seens the same thing as 15 years old... 

That's why your company won't prevail... the "newer" games like LoL and DotA... they are free, in DotA you don't buy level, you can't buy exp, you don't have extra damage, don't have reduced dmg, you don't have any gold increased in farm... they are TRULY FREE, they dont offer any advantaged against another players... not like this... you can only buy some skins there... and people buy it, they pay a lot for some skins... they have like millions of players... this game could have it too... but you just want money, you don't invest, don't upgrade the servers (after 15 years, the servers are supposed to have 50 thousand on line without lag)... the textures for trees and vegetation are horrible nowadays... the characters are still the same faces, hair, even color's didn't changed...

Take 10 minutes and play a modern MMO, you could take like 3 hours just on character creation, you have millions of possible options for characters skin colors, eye colors, scars, hairs and etc... but here, after 15 years of a 'leading game' you can just choose race, gender, hair and eyes, all with all very limited and not updated selection with 15 years old... that are you doing all those years? You just created more maps, increased level cap and created new weapons? Even on the armor creation, you dont create armors, you just paint it again... like Blue Wolf Heavy, Nightmare Heavy, Majestic and Imperial... (just a few of manyyy examples, I wont even say about same monsters with diferent levels, names and colors/sizes, eskeletons and etc...)... the cities have the same textures... but now the computers are like 50 times fasters... and the game stills the same?

There was a game I starded playing just a while after Lineage... "Rome"... the first version... look at the last version, compare the graphical evolution... play five min of each and so play Lineage now and compare to 15 years ago... cities are the same, characters, armors

People that play this game are the old players... they aren't the 15 years old kids... they have 30, 45, they have work, they have family, kids... they can't play this 12 hours a day... they wont spend hundreds of dolars to be level 20 no grade for 2 years... NC are dreaming about easy money, they don't even know their players routine, they don't update the game... they want kids playing this game? Won't happen... there are hundreds of mmorpg on the youtube... everyone with more incredible graphics... where you can have fun killing monsters and players all the day, without even losing exp... here they need to be 3 months killing the same monster with the same weapon, to farm a single weapon... this game play is outdated 15 years old... if you don't want to lose your jobs NC, start hearing your players.

Just increasing the level cap and creating new grade itens to make people level up forever won't make this game live on this competitive world. You were the best... but you are at least 10 years outdated... textures, skins and game play style.

People don't want to level up all the day... they can do it in a more beatiful game, single player or mmorpg, doesn't matter... the people now wan'ts to pvp all the day and level up just a little... be used to new era... play some more games, learn something new... reducing adena/exp/spoil will just make people bored with the game and quiting to a more engaging game...

NC, learn with the best games... learn what means a TRULY FREE and learn how to treat players, learn how they make players feel especial, even if they never donated... you will always want free players, as they can have premium friends, and premiuns enemies (that pay, to be able to kill the free players, the free players are very important, I don't understand how you didn't learn that in 15 years... what have you been doing NC??).

Spoil is useless.

i spend 1 hour to get 5 iron ores. 

I know, this is supposed to be difficult,  but its actually impossible.

I just would like an answer from the administration, if they will check the rates, or just to say, THAT IT, WE WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

and then i decide if i play or not.

At any level you should be able to go out on 1 hunt and come back to town and buy supplies. I am a Level 25 Spoiller, I cant even afford to buy pots.I also can not afford to buy shots from the shop so am forced to buy them from the cash shop. At the point where NG just isnt cutting it. I should be able to buy a base D grade weapon by now and at least buy a few pots and soulshots. Lets get this fixed fellas, you know its incorrect.

Archived