NCSoft have shown their hand - Adena Nerf

Tetsuo

2 minutes ago, SasyPisos said:

swamp and Fairy Settlement in this location adena drop is bad all times. so check location superion etc?

You forgot another point, swamp and fairy are where BOTS make MONEY, know why? PENNY QUEST BRO, too hard to get it? they got jewels and sell it, not so complicated to understand

Just now, Juliodmv said:

You forgot another point, swamp and fairy are where BOTS make MONEY, know why? PENNY QUEST BRO, too hard to get it? they got jewels and sell it, not so complicated to understand

Nice quest :D lol wow amazing adena 300bil all have drag weapons sh3t oo) (no)

1 hour ago, airfathaaaaa said:

ofc its intentional im gonna say this again

they literally killed the dwarfs they have no point on neither crafting shots or armors and stuff since the reward coins are all based around getting mats...

classic is literally a cash grab and nothing more

Ok good less dwarfs for me to compete with. If you think that mats will not be needed then you do not undertsand how the game works. It just means more money for the rest of us that understand how it's really going to turn out.

The point of everything its that we are not claiming something crazy, nor to make it easier. JUST MAKE IT NORMAL, its so frustating and dissapointing to reach level 20 and not being able to buy no-grade shots, SHOTS.

IF we didnt even had those level checkpoints I'd be with the level 1 equipment at level 25 and without soulshots. 

Theres no point to keep leveling up, unless you buy shots with cash and its again, dissapointing to think that ALL they want its us to spend real money with garbage shots.

2 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

And where did you get that they nerfed it intentionally? Last I heard it was sent to the dev team for them to look at. ?Smh oh.... wait.... I'm suppose to hate NCwest! Where is my pitch fork! *joins the angry mob*

I have no doubt a decision was made by management at NCSoft to encourage people to buy Soulshots and other things via the L2Shop by deliberately nerfing adena drops. This is corporate greed 101... Its smart, however gamers arent as dumb as they might like to think.

NCSoft need to be held accountable for their actions and realise that blatantly ripping off consumers has consequences.
If this doesnt change, i will be leaving as im sure many others will because in this state it is essentially unplayable as you will not be able to ascertain the gear required to progress.

I now wait for a pathetic excuse from @Juji absolving NCSoft of any deliberate act. Be a man and FALL ON YOUR SWORD.

if it weren't for "corporate greed" we would never have had Lineage 2 to begin with.  You think NCSoft was ever a charity?

The problem is that so many of us (myself included) bought into the idea that NCSoft was responding to customer demand for a Classic experience.  The fact the servers were to be F2P instead of subscription should have tipped us off that this was really just a short term money grab but we (myself included) were too dumb to take the hint.  It appears that the problem is not corporate greed (corporations are supposed to maximize profits) but corporate short-sightedness.  Instead of making true classic servers that would make the company more money in the long run, NCWest made F2P/F2W servers that will make more money in the short term, and be merged and closed more quickly in the long term.

The nerfing of drops/adena/spoils/exp to force us to spend money to make progress in the game is intentional and is done to compensate for the loss of subscription income.  I'm hoping they will change it if they see enough protest, but they won't change it so much that they get less income than they would have from subscriptions.  We can adapt or move on.  I'm waiting to see what they do, but leaning toward moving on. 

Scent Of Death quest, at launch, gave 2k Adena, now 500.

Trade With the Ivory Tower at launch gave 2k Adena, now 1000.

Bones Tell The future at launch gave 1000 Adena, now 500.

Bonds of Slavery, formerly Chains Of Slavery, at launch gave 13 Adena per Imp Shackle, now give 5 Adena per.

I have VIP 3 so I get a bonus to XP, I have no other XP buffs and leveling has been quick. The amount of Adena earnable has been cut in half, at least. The combination of the two will drive people to either do RMT or quit. If I had used the extra scrolls (4) given to me from progression, I'd probably be 14 or 15 by now and just as broke.

Granted, teleports are free now so there is that convenience to consider but, I never used the teleports at launch because it cost too much. As for gear, I remember earning enough to buy NG gear and now it is given for free. I also remember buying SS but eared enough grinding to replace the spent Adena and even add to it. Seems there is some attempt at balance in that regards but, once you hit 20, that all goes out the window and you won't earn enough 1-25 to buy even the lowest end D grade weapon without deleveling to grind certain mobs and/or quests.

Adena has been nerfed, on purpose, to encourage buying from the shop and to encourage RMT.

4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

if it weren't for "corporate greed" we would never have had Lineage 2 to begin with.  You think NCSoft was ever a charity?

The problem is that so many of us (myself included) bought into the idea that NCSoft was responding to customer demand for a Classic experience.  The fact the servers were to be F2P instead of subscription should have tipped us off that this was really just a short term money grab but we (myself included) were too dumb to take the hint.  It appears that the problem is not corporate greed (corporations are supposed to maximize profits) but corporate short-sightedness.  Instead of making true classic servers that would make the company more money in the long run, NCWest made F2P/F2W servers that will make more money in the short term, and be merged and closed more quickly in the long term.

The nerfing of drops/adena/spoils/exp to force us to spend money to make progress in the game is intentional and is done to compensate for the loss of subscription income.  I'm hoping they will change it if they see enough protest, but they won't change it so much that they get less income than they would have from subscriptions.  We can adapt or move on.  I'm waiting to see what they do, but leaning toward moving on. 

There is a difference between a company making healthy profit and greed.
This was evidently an action taken with greed as the primary motivation.

Dont defend a companies shady practices... 

I mean, i'am not defending them but i think the problem is everybody is playing as if this was the live version. You have to play in group and by that i dont mean 9 dds behind a mob in AC. It takes work of a group to be able to buy a piece of equipment to a DD or support to be able to exp faster, etc.

Also the ONLY way i believe anything xp related works atm is AOE, it is fast xp and u get profit in money. You are all complaining you cant pay for shots, well that's because u spend all shots on normal hits and on 1 by 1 mob. The solution is, only use soulshots with skills and use skills that do aoe damage, that way you can use 2-3 shots, bring down 10-15 mobs and get more than enough adena to make profit and repay your soulshots. IF you want to make even more money, farm the soulshot quest in TI to kill 10 spiders and get 60 soulshots.

This is classic, you are all supposed to take long but instead you are rushing through the levels as if theres no tomorrow, it's like you dont wanna play next month or something because you wanna reach end content. IT TAKES TIME, money is more important than lvls. 

Now, im not saying NCwest is a saint, would i mind a bit more adena/spoil rates? no, but im saying the game is playable, you can get things, you can have soulshots perma on, you can pay them back, IF YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE, MAKE GROUPS, COOPERATE AMONG YOU, and when i say make groups play live, not hit a macro each mob so u assist and kill next one

Stop playing this game by yourself, all of you just wanna make archers mages and daggers, well it has a price, in this chron you have to make farm characters, destroyers, warlords, spoilers, mages (aoe group) etc. You are lucky they reduced soulshots use, i remember you needed like 10 shots at some point for bow, now its only 1. It is kinda funny to see AC and it looks like a bot party because 9 guys are running behind a mob to hit without soulshots.

GO AOE 

• Moderators

Greetings!

Due to the very high number of players discussing this topic, we have decided to close this thread and centralize the discussion in the following thread :

We take this opportunity to remind you to discuss the game, please remember to always keep your posts civil and respectful towards one another and to respect our forum's Code of Conduct.
Thank you for your feedback!

Archived