What kind of classic is this?

A list of things that u won't understand with common sense 

* -12% exp when u die

*Some mobs (example Dion Eye Searchers, wolfs, rangers , bears, orcs etc.) give 100-150 xp :D

* By playing SOLO lv 22(not being VIP) not that u can't afford equipment or atleast a fkin upgrade to 70k sword, u can't even afford SOULSHOTS. Adena drop rate is retarded. (Might be fked up on purpose fk knows)

* not only the adena drop rate is fked, items too. Can't remember a server when u have to kill 20-30 mobs to atleast get a coal or a fkin stem

and this is not my first classic server x1 .:)

have a good day and keep sayin that u farm 100k when u reach 20 , yeah right.

Ive bought the 30$ pack and some soulshots but Im not gonna keep giving this stuff team money having in mind that they ruined the stats on porpuse, its so ridicolous the amount of adena you get and Im not willing to spend 5 euros every single time I run out of shots, I've started to grinf without them and wont keep playing in a week if the adena drops stay like this.

I dont mind spending money in things like cosmetics or blessed ress, agathions... but for shots? How far are we gonna get by this if we allow them to play with us like this, I get we wont be able to use shots 24/7, we didnt back in the days, but this? Not being able to afford no grade shots at level 22, not even 3k of them, its insane.

They have to up the rate to normal levels or game economy is gonna be bleeped up, you get more money from selling mats for no grade equipment than from a 100 mobs hunt.

You guys must not have played classic. I was there 14 years ago and this is a godsend. A free 60k cost sword and wood armor at start? bleep Yeah! You dont realize how hardcore this game actually was. This is nice compared to what it used to be. Anyways, im having fun. Peace.

10 hours ago, Eternius said:

You guys must not have played classic. I was there 14 years ago and this is a godsend. A free 60k cost sword and wood armor at start? bleep Yeah! You dont realize how hardcore this game actually was. This is nice compared to what it used to be. Anyways, im having fun. Peace.

I think you are not remembering the original version as well as you think you are. As far as I recall, we did not have VIP status in original, nor were soulshots sold in the Store, nor was the incoming adena from kills / quests as low as they are now. You realize what that does, right? People level faster, but earn less. So they get into areas quicker than they normally would and fight mobs tougher than they expect, which makes using SS mandatory... but wait! People can't afford SS, so they look at the Store.

You can't honestly say this is a "classic" version of L2. The game as it is right now isn't balanced in regards to xp / adena, and having SS in the shop kinda ruins the early game economy.

Tetsuo, would you please quit with the corporate greed nonsense?  You've posted that in every one of these threads.  It gets tiresome.  Besides, it's wrong on 2 counts.  (1) Corporations are supposed to maximize profits.  Blaming a corporation for being greedy is like blaming a dog for barking.  That's what they are made to do.  (2) Most people here are saying they WON'T spend money because of these rates.  I do think NCSoft was trying to maximize profits, at least in the short term, but I think, and hope, they miscalculated.  

10 hours ago, Eternius said:

Stop saying "hardcore" to defend this, this isn´t hardcore this is greed, and even if it was hardcore, they lied to us, they never said how things are, and we don´t know if it was fixed or bugged because the staff is silent about this, what kind of company just stays silent like this. At this point it´s an insult to the playerbase

2 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Tetsuo, would you please quit with the corporate greed nonsense?  You've posted that in every one of these threads.  It gets tiresome.  Besides, it's wrong on 2 counts.  (1) Corporations are supposed to maximize profits.  Blaming a corporation for being greedy is like blaming a dog for barking.  That's what they are made to do.  (2) Most people here are saying they WON'T spend money because of these rates.  I do think NCSoft was trying to maximize profits, at least in the short term, but I think, and hope, they miscalculated.  

You know why the greed argument is valid? because when they said it was like classic everyone understood it was going to be x1, yet it clearly isn´t, they didn´t say anything about rates in the patchnotes and staff is silent about that, they won´t come out and say "Yes it´s intended this way", they won´t say it, they don´t even say if it wasn´t intended this way

5 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Nah, i wont stop. Im bleep angry about the predatory practices NCSoft/NCWest have implemented. This game is AMAZING but greed has turned something amazing into something trash.
Companies need to make profit, but they should make profits whilst providing a good service, ethically and responsibility, not implementing restrictions to force the user to buy additional, in game goods.
Perhaps you work for a company where ethics means nothing, or perhaps your idea 'moral compass' is slightly off. No off with you peasant, i am done.

12 hours ago, Eternius said:

I played in closed and open beta. I quit when the game went live because I didn't think it was worth my money yet (UI issues, quality of life problems, etc). I came back just before the release of Chronicle 3 as NCsoft had addressed some of the issues and the game actually felt like a proper game. So i have 1 account from beta era and 4 accounts dating from 2005 as I switched to a spellsinger on the main account and needed mana/buffs and things kind of grew from there :P

6L0lL23.jpg

This classic version isn't the version I played in either beta and definitely not C2/C3 or anything that came later. The drop rates are abysmal in all ways and the XP rate is definitely slower.

EDIT : One of the most memorable bugs from beta involved DE village. Sometimes when you'd scroll to DE you'd end up on or in the mountain over DE village.

the only point you have right is the part with exp loss and bugged mobs with low exp/sp...i think they will do updates and they will fix it just avoid farming on these places atm and dont make pvp's for a few days...but drop rate and adena rate are fine thats classic we should not have free teleports too to see how much more harrdcore it should be...now this version is light hardcore with 3k ss from quests and 2k from clan coins and 700 from attendance...5.7k soulshots for free omg....and you are still crying...this is classic guys try to play under these conditions or leave...

35 minutes ago, Makiss said:

the only point you have right is the part with exp loss and bugged mobs with low exp/sp...i think they will do updates and they will fix it just avoid farming on these places atm and dont make pvp's for a few days...but drop rate and adena rate are fine thats classic we should not have free teleports too to see how much more harrdcore it should be...now this version is light hardcore with 3k ss from quests and 2k from clan coins and 700 from attendance...5.7k soulshots for free omg....and you are still crying...this is classic guys try to play under these conditions or leave...

I don't like high rates. I played on some classic and interlude places. I even played GOD on launch. I don't mind some difficulty but do you realize that without those starter items and free teleports you would be fcked. People came for classic experience and they got some of it but another part of it was gutted like drop/spoil rates. You can't sustain your supplies with current drop/spoil rate. If you want so much "hardcore" from this game than attach your testicles to a car battery and shock them...
You don't have to be genius to tell something is off here. As they did fix some things and delivered fun experience I can wait for fix but how many do you think will stay here if this continues?

Archived