What kind of classic is this?

Without balanced I will see a lot leaving game.

I returned over long break, did not like the way game as changed on live. After more then 10 years playing together some of us just met on this "classic", we were a lot happy to start over again and thinking in a server where things will stay was we like, now after almost only 2 days gameplay a lot are considering leave already including myself.

Whats the point playing when you can't afford almost nothing from grocery or even port after 41?

Some fanboys come here talk about true classic, hardcore, blah blah blah, they played classic in their minds only, yes ppl level way faster, I remember 1st day and first week running like a fool around Talking Island, that was hardcore leveling and everyone were buying armor, weapons, potions at the grocery and slowly get better stuff for harder places, now you level way faster but unless you extremely lucky with drops, you will feel stuck in few days and even unless your damn luck getting regular drops that someone will be able to buy you will end stuck sooner or later.

15 hours ago, Eternius said:

You guys must not have played classic. I was there 14 years ago and this is a godsend. A free 60k cost sword and wood armor at start? bleep Yeah! You dont realize how hardcore this game actually was. This is nice compared to what it used to be. Anyways, im having fun. Peace.

I total agree, back at that time when i lv 20, doing every single Q, repeat Q and can afford a free sword now... and lv ~ 24, 25 i could buy that amor set from a player, not from shop.

P/s: that time my PC can only load 1 client.

Edit: May I ask one thing: why do people leaving game but my queue always full??? 

27 minutes ago, smashthatbass said:

Theyre not going to fix it fellas, unfortunately. They might adjust adena drops a little but theyre certainly not going to fix the mats and spoil issue. Without balanced spoil rates, the economy is going to be horrible.

How are people ever going to get C or B grade armor when you cant even afford SS and potions? You wont be able to progress because you cant afford the gear!
The game is a complete and utter joke.... Such a shame what NC West has done to this game... 

13 minutes ago, Tetsuo said:

How are people ever going to get C or B grade armor when you cant even afford SS and potions? You wont be able to progress because you cant afford the gear!
The game is a complete and utter joke.... Such a shame what NC West has done to this game... 

AGREE

5 hours ago, yum said:

Tons of people dropping d-grade full weapon drops but you don't grind hard enough to even get to that point

Cocaine is one helluva drug

3 hours ago, Makiss said:

the only point you have right is the part with exp loss and bugged mobs with low exp/sp...i think they will do updates and they will fix it just avoid farming on these places atm and dont make pvp's for a few days...but drop rate and adena rate are fine thats classic we should not have free teleports too to see how much more harrdcore it should be...now this version is light hardcore with 3k ss from quests and 2k from clan coins and 700 from attendance...5.7k soulshots for free omg....and you are still crying...this is classic guys try to play under these conditions or leave...

Yeah, and did u had L2store with shots and etc. back in the day? Don't give me that shit with making profit. There could be cosmetics or something else, I don't mind exp runes boost also.

Spoilers/crafters are nerfed af. They won't help you. For example with sword of solidarity u use 10-13 shots to kill 20+ lv mob. Thats 80-100+ adena. MOB DROPS 58. (NON VIP)

But wait. Imagine the D grade ss price. I bet you callin out us crybabies while put 100+dollars into the game. This is not my first classic, if it was good or atleast DECENT there wouldnt be so MANY THREADS about this.

If you like the gameplay with 2 partys in  Abandoned Camp spots farming commanders while getting 7 adena and 200 xp from them ..quit foolin yourself.

Also I don't like that developers think that we are a bunch of retards. Juji said in the stream "Yeah we will look into -% exp, we are not sure, we will confirm" After 10mins while event he dies being 70 lv and delevels to 69 with 88 %. Just admit it U FKED IT UP , jeez for bleeps sake what is this.

12 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

After 10mins while event he dies being 70 lv and delevels to 69 with 88 %. Just admit it U FKED IT UP , jeez for bleeps sake what is this.

He lost 12%, because he was at level 70 when he died and got delevelled. So he lost 10% of experience at level 70, which is equivalent to 12% at 69. You don't loose % when u die, u loose certain amount of experience equivalent to 10% at your lvl.

And still this is wrong, cause we are supposed to lose 4%, not 10%. But it's not 12%.

1 hour ago, airfathaaaaa said:

you should lose a fixed amount of 4% and nothing equivalent of it its 4% regardless of the level 

No, you don't. On each classic I played, Skelth, Einhasad etc., you lose equivalent to 4% of your exp for the level you are currently on. If you delevel during death, you lose a bit more % than 4% because of that.

3 minutes ago, Dhol said:

No, you don't. On each classic I played, Skelth, Einhasad etc., you lose equivalent to 4% of your exp for the level you are currently on. If you delevel during death, you lose a bit more % than 4% because of that.

Correct the amount of xp lost is determined by the level you are at the time of death.  It will always be more % if you delevel than if you don't.

While I was leveling up on a normal account, I was getting low non-grade drops like crazy, shields, jewels, gloves, boots, helmets. Yeah, they sold for like 10-15 adena each, but still drops. As soon as I went to VIP, I have not gotten a single full drop and it feels like the adena is less too. I think they accidentally have the VIP going in the other direction or there is something not working correctly with VIP status.

I remember grinding without SS to be able to afford a devotion set somewhere around lvl 20, running to the borders between towns and using SoE instead of porting to save TP money. Definitely dont remember quests that just hand out stuff, mobs dropping a lot of mats. Probably best quest I remember from start in elven village was some repeatable quest on hunting fungus that gave 500 adena or so. I have not logged in yet so have no idea how screwed up it is now, but it certainly wasnt easy at the original launch.

3 minutes ago, Luivatra said:

I remember grinding without SS to be able to afford a devotion set somewhere around lvl 20, running to the borders between towns and using SoE instead of porting to save TP money. Definitely dont remember quests that just hand out stuff, mobs dropping a lot of mats. Probably best quest I remember from start in elven village was some repeatable quest on hunting fungus that gave 500 adena or so. I have not logged in yet so have no idea how screwed up it is now, but it certainly wasnt easy at the original launch.

the situation now is this

dwarfs cant sustain themself nor by spoil or by craft hell you cant even sell the few stuff you are lucky to spoil because the adena is low anyways..

and since the main pillar of the economy of l2 the dwarfs are pretty much bleeped up beyond understanding the whole server is inflating to the point that we are almost a week into the server and only 2-3 d grade weapos have been listed for sell and those almost double the amount of money you can buy on the regular shop...

7 hours ago, Luivatra said:

Let me guess you don't remember spoil being worth something either. Fellow provided a link showing how the drop rates were then and it's at least 2x what we're getting in classic right now. I found the link to the guide for you to read. Around page 280 or so it starts listing drop rates that WERE VALID then. if you played back then you'll remember this print guide and the image on the front of the game box.
http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

I'd rather have to pay for teleports if it means restored drop rates. I did much better financially in beta as a complete newbie with no clue what I was doing than I am now.

The most amazing part about Luivatra's post? After calling us liars he/she fully admits they HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED ON ANY OF THE CLASSIC SERVERS YET!! It's obvious reality and facts don't matter to them as they know what' their gut feels and that trumps actually playing the game.

Archived