Unpopular Opinion: This is fine.

Daishinta

I've been playing L2 for like 13 years, from retail to private servers. And outside of the launch day issues and a few bugs, which mind you, happen even in the best current MMOs (FFXIV's latest patch for example) the game is fine. It's a grind and the drop rates are low, but damn if you all think this is too hard by level 20? The game isn't for you.

See "Classic" is it's own thing, you keep relating it to C1-4 etc, but back then soulshots were a LUXURY. Using them outside of pvp was madness. Buffers? You had to pay a subscription to box them.

Not saying it has been, or is perfect, there will be patches and fixes. But those complaining about a "Classic" experience can't even handle the toned down one you have been given.

I personally am enjoying it, and will continue to. Wait until you really have something to complain about, rather than flooding the forums like a bunch of entitled babies.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

TROLL just lock.

How is posting an opinion troll?

I gave reasoning behind it and also said things aren't perfect. Drops ARE low and will probably change, but my point is you're all crying way too much, and coming off like spoiled brats. 

If that pathetic response is the most constructive thing your little head can come up with though, that's too bad.

9 minutes ago, Daishinta said:

I've been playing L2 for like 13 years, from retail to private servers. And outside of the launch day issues and a few bugs, which mind you, happen even in the best current MMOs (FFXIV's latest patch for example) the game is fine. It's a grind and the drop rates are low, but damn if you all think this is too hard by level 20? The game isn't for you.

See "Classic" is it's own thing, you keep relating it to C1-4 etc, but back then soulshots were a LUXURY. Using them outside of pvp was madness. Buffers? You had to pay a subscription to box them.

Not saying it has been, or is perfect, there will be patches and fixes. But those complaining about a "Classic" experience can't even handle the toned down one you have been given.

I personally am enjoying it, and will continue to. Wait until you really have something to complain about, rather than flooding the forums like a bunch of entitled babies.

The rate are fine, because im rich and ill buy toons of buffs and soulshots from l2store, all of people complaining are wrong, only the true hardcore hipercore megacore deserve to play this awesome piece of art called classic, nothing wrong if i get level 27 in one day on classic, its all good because im god of this game, i spend money on buffs/shots/vip4 and rose, its this really classic? Its way to essy with those quest 1-20 (im being ironic, that its what i got from what you said)

Just now, Karnz said:

It's fine? what's your VIP level 3 or 4?

I've been running 3 boxes and leeching my afk friend's toons since the start. No VIP. I spent over 3h to get 4 low level material recipes. Like I said, drops ARE low but I also think they'll be patched. I just don't think the overwhelming outcry is needed.

You all need to remember the server is free. If it's too hard, leave, you have no obligation to stay. VIP isn't required, and it helps, but not by some insane amount like you all think it does. There are higher rate private servers, go play there.

Just now, Dokhane said:

As i remember on C1-4 and higher Box's were illegal.  And to be honest? I miss this times badly as a main support player

They were never illegal. You paid your sub and you could play as many as you wanted. Botting was illegal, boxing never was.

3 minutes ago, Daishinta said:

I've been running 3 boxes and leeching my afk friend's toons since the start. No VIP. I spent over 3h to get 4 low level material recipes. Like I said, drops ARE low but I also think they'll be patched. I just don't think the overwhelming outcry is needed.

You are making a critical mistake if these are your actual assumptions.

1 minute ago, Amateur said:

This is what non-pay to win looks like. I know you've been spoiled from years of buying game breaking items from the L2 store. Your money can't help you in classic.

Except like.. You never have to buy shots where noone else can even afford them (without severely harming their income)?

1 minute ago, Devoid said:

Except like.. You never have to buy shots where noone else can even afford them (without severely harming their income)?

Like I mentioned, shots only became a common staple in later Chronicals. Early on nobody could afford them. Shots were saved for pvp.

Just now, Daishinta said:

If you say so...

But your post in this thread makes me think otherwise...

"I'm saving my NCoin codes until the servers are up just in case. But at this point we're all just waiting for more information to be released."

But maybe you haven't spent any NCCoins.

Server is free,i have and always will have VIP 0,so i have nothing to cry,i just want to know if they will adjust the game because if they wont u just cant play a normal game without paying.
At lvl 20 u can,at lvl 50/60 u will not,so i want to know it now before wasting my time.

One account has VIP 4, out of three of my own, and two friends leeching more than they're active. I have 15k at 21 on the account with VIP (zero questing) and the rest have 20k or so. They have more adena due to needing to grind more than my VIP account. So, I don't really see your argument here.

2 minutes ago, Olord said:

Server is free,i have and always will have VIP 0,so i have nothing to cry,i just want to know if they will adjust the game because if they wont u just cant play a normal game without paying.
At lvl 20 u can,at lvl 50/60 u will not,so i want to know it now before wasting my time.

See, this is more reasonable than just over-the-top complaining. Making a decision based on information, it's either for you, or it isn't. If it isn't like I said, go to some other Classic server. Otherwise, just play lile everyone else.

Not just about full drops. In L2 classic if you get full drop then consider yourself extremely lucky. You can gear up just fine without gear drops.

Then there are material drops. Material drops are not x1 rate, they are probably 25% of x1 rate like everything else. This hasn't bothered me yet but I can see it bothering those who enjoy crafting.

Then there is the spoil rate which again seems to be 25% of x1 rate. Again, this affects the economy and crafters mainly.

The biggest issue BY FAR is that adena is 25% of x1 rate and grocery shop sells at items at 100%. This is huge problem. Normally adena rate doesn't affect anything but inflation, but right now you have players who probably haven't played L2 for a couple of years coming back and new players trying it for the first time who cannot even sustain soulshot usage. Not to mention buying such items such items like scroll of escape etc.

I know what a lot of people are going to say "When we first played this we would walk and not use shots etc." and that's fine if you are wanting to save adena. Obviously the most cost effective way to make adena is to hunt in a group and not use shots, but you could cover the cost of your shots in the original version of the game if you so wished (you would be behind in saving for gear but it was do-able). On this server you cannot cover the costs of your shots. This is not correct. Killing D grade mobs and not covering costs of NG shots? Really, c'mon. Again this is because adena drop rate is 25% and grocery store is 100%.

I don't think they should increase adena rate to 100% but it does need increasing and grocery shop items need to be reduced in line to reflect whatever the adena drop rare is - at the very minimum before they have empty servers.

Right now this frankenstein version of classic is the best advertisement for Skelth (official x1 classic server) that they have ever had.

No point to try and explain to people who have their heads in the mud. You think they can hear with all that mud clogging their ears? All they hear is the sweet whisper of money leaving their wallets. But once that stops then they will say ah well it was xyz the reason why the server didn't last long. Or better its all the crybabies and carebears that made the server die. Either way, give it a week or two. By November this forum will get a new post every 10-12 hrs. And they will be able to free up the moderation staff to go back to where they were.

19 minutes ago, Daishinta said:

See, this is more reasonable than just over-the-top complaining. Making a decision based on information, it's either for you, or it isn't. If it isn't like I said, go to some other Classic server. Otherwise, just play lile everyone else.

U can think it's ok only if u never played classic or u plan to pay a lot of money.
Otherwise,u know that u will never have C or B grade if spoil is next to zero.
Why should someone even play dwarf with this rate?
It seems to you fine,just hard but fine,now,but if things dont change i want to hear your opinion (or how much u spent to keep game playable) when u will hit higher lvls.

totally agree with daishinta. Drops are a little too low, some things need fixed  and i think they will be. But on general terms the servers runs perfectly. If someone doesnt agree with your opinion they are trolls, or they are vip 4 donators top lvls. Grown ups acting like toddlers because things arent how they want it lol

Archived