Unpopular Opinion: This is fine.

Daishinta

42 minutes ago, Dokhane said:

As i remember on C1-4 and higher Box's were illegal.  And to be honest? I miss this times badly as a main support player

uh no, and that from experience, as i  paid for 2 and sometimes 3 accounts.

One thing people dont seem to get is that this server is new. It'll be months before the server can finally stabilize economy wise. Since you played the game already you already know whats important and what you think you should always have. 14 years ago I am sure you guys didn't even know what soul shots were when you started playing or even SoEs. I do think the rates are off though however the server isn't even a week old if and when they adjust the rates I do hope they keep the long term in mind and not the short term since people think soul shots and SoEs are absolutely required. 

PS: save 500 Adena and just use /escape go grab a drink while it casts. 

I agree that the servers are running perfectly. That is not the problem. They nerfed the Adena drops. They also nerfed the Adena rewards from repeatable quests by 50%. Combining that with the increase in XP rates, you get a real quick imbalance between levels and Adena.

This is definitely not the Lineage 2 that launched in 2004 in NA. It's Lineage 2 Classic Cash Grab.

1 hour ago, Daishinta said:

How is posting an opinion troll?

I gave reasoning behind it and also said things aren't perfect. Drops ARE low and will probably change, but my point is you're all crying way too much, and coming off like spoiled brats. 

If that pathetic response is the most constructive thing your little head can come up with though, that's too bad.

if you WERE PLAYING for 13 years and you think THIS IS FINE while its literally worse than c1 ever was "but has free teleports!" then you havent played the game at all

Adena 25% drop, shop items (shots, SoE, basic armour & weapons) 100% sell price. That can't have been intended.

Not saying increase adena to 100% (although it does needs increasing), I'm saying shop items should reflect adena drop rate at the very least.

1 hour ago, Daishinta said:

Like I mentioned, shots only became a common staple in later Chronicals. Early on nobody could afford them. Shots were saved for pvp.

I already pointed that out to the people, but my response was to the "your real world money is useless in classic" post. Those who don't spend money will not have shots on auto usage, while those who spend will be swimming in shots and farming twice as fast while not having to spend any adena.

Buying shots is really only viable for melee classes. 60 NC for 1k SS, 300 NC for 1k BSS. Kinda shitty. I could see a 3x increase, at most. Actually, since those weren't made from anything at all, 2x should be fine. BSS cost more to make than SS hence the increased price but, from the shop....

Just now, Devylin said:

Buying shots is really on viable for melee classes. 60 NC for 1k SS, 300 NC for 1k BSS. Kinda shitty. I could see a 3x increase, at most.

Now, please. Only the whales (people who had been farming dragons) would even consider using BSpS for PvE. SpS is the mage version of SS for PvE. It was always like that.

Plus, if you have a lot of money to spend, you will pay for whatever that can give you that little edge against the competition.

10 minutes ago, Devoid said:

I already pointed that out to the people, but my response was to the "your real world money is useless in classic" post. Those who don't spend money will not have shots on auto usage, while those who spend will be swimming in shots and farming twice as fast while not having to spend any adena.

didnt spend one cent of real money. Im going to buy a short spear at 120k when im able to login (getting disconected every attempt), and i farm using SS. So no, you are just lying.

2 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

didnt spend one cent of real money. Im going to buy a short spear at 120k when im able to login (getting disconected every attempt), and i farm using SS. So no, you are just lying.

Still stuck in no grade I see. And a little strange to see this comment coming from someone who uses the one particular type of weapon able to hit more than a single mob. It's like saying 'hey, I use BSpS every time I cast an AoE spell, so everyone can afford BSpS for general usage'.

11 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Now, please. Only the whales (people who had been farming dragons) would even consider using BSpS for PvE. SpS is the mage version of SS for PvE. It was always like that.

Plus, if you have a lot of money to spend, you will pay for whatever that can give you that little edge against the competition.

That was mainly meant to show the greed factor in play right now. I really wasn't too clear, sorry.

12 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Still stuck in no grade I see. And a little strange to see this comment coming from someone who uses the one particular type of weapon able to hit more than a single mob. It's like saying 'hey, I use BSpS every time I cast an AoE spell, so everyone can afford BSpS for general usage'.

I hear so much nonsense from "experienced players". I read your comments and makes me laught so much. A little hard to use the pole if i didnt buy it yet. I made that adena with the novice one hand sword of the orcs and in the off hand a shield of 42 adena bought in the armor shop. stop embarassing yourself buddy.

It was more rewarding and enjoyable to grind, earn adena and buy your own weapons and soulshots rather than have everything handed to you and get huge XP boosts with quests while you progress by completely broke. Even if the result is the same they are 2 completely different experiences.

Back in Prelude and C1 I remember spending nights grinding away in Elven Ruins, people fighting over their own rooms, but now it's just 100 people standing around the Undines spawn trying to get last hit to finish their quest that grants them 4 entire levels and the soulshots they can't afford. It's completely idiotic. Not to mention these other retarded quests like Killing Stone Golems to collect Wooden Doors, I mean wtf?

5 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

I hear so much nonsense from "experienced players". I read your comments and makes me laught so much. A little hard to use the pole if i didnt buy it yet. I made that adena with the novice one hand sword of the orcs and in the off hand a shield of 42 adena bought in the armor shop. stop embarassing yourself buddy.

You are either a troll or too simple minded to understand.
I try to explain u as simple as i can.
Follow the words and take your time :

- you made money to buy ng things doing all day the same quests..it's NG things they are worth NOTHING
- ppl is in general not complaining about NOW,not using shots or having to trouble to get D grade,it's fine at the start of a server,the point is that if things stay like this u wil never equip your char with something more than what u see in npc shops,if u will ever be able to afford it,(unless u pay some real money obviously)and gl with that in exping after a certain lvl

20 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

If you are so experienced, perhaps you'd like to buy some A grade gemstones? 150k each, I can get you as many as you want on any of the three NCwest servers. Oh wait, you're still in no-grade…

If you had seen what I have been posting, you would have known I have chosen not to play here for reasons related to how the LIVE version is managed, but I still come from Taiwan classic, which is harder than NCw by far. After getting a human char to 25+ (free teleports not available), I knew that by "just playing" there's no way to afford anything else than spellbooks for your skills and have researched a way that works in these 0.25x rated servers. So as much as you keep boasting, it does not matter. I am swimming in adena in Taiwan, even after paying the teleport fees for faster hunting zone access, just like you are/will be here. Let's end this meaningless discussion.

• Moderators

Greetings everyone,

This post has derailed into personal attacks and therefore will be closed. We want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Lineage II related topics, and to give us your feedback on the game. Please remember to do so while being respectful to each other and respect our forums' Code of Conduct.

Thank you!

Archived