Salvation - First Chapter Feedback

Conguero

Salvation - First Chapter Feedback  

161 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Salvation - First Chapter update overall?

• It's fantastic!
    • I like it.
    • It's decent.
    • It's below expectations.
    • I don't like it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/19/2018 at 12:00 AM

Well, considering we can see most of the changes far in advance, by reading the Korean patch notes, almost everything is as expected. The problem really isn't the actual game content. Even at its low points, the game was still a better mmorpg than most, due it's superb design. The biggest problem currently is it's pay to win system.

I do not like clan update. The clan development points per info is that clan gets a point per level. Then why did not a level 10 clan not get 10 points with update etc?

Increase clan quest  rep ! Clans will never level at this rate no matter how active they are.

Increase number of quest allowed per week. Maybe double it?

I like turtles.

But I also specifically came back to this game so I could spoil stuff and horde it. Just cause thats what I like to do, i'm weird. But my spoils so low makes me sad to leave the city. All I do is kill Baylor and the CC duo. Bad times.

Looks like ur company cant understand that if you push free players to quit you gona lose big spenders also cuz they need victims to kill even when they say otherwise.So your policy buy l2 store or quit cuse u cant even cats up with lvl i dont even say about gear will empy the servers day by day,.If you ok about that then is a good policy if not then give free players a chance to just be in the game, i dont expect to pvp or somthing but when i cant make instance in my lvl i cant progress and its the end .Thank you and sorry for bad english.

"FREE PLAYERS", even those called "free players" pay to play. the fact of being online in the game is already making you entrepreneurs profit without having to open our wallets. while ncsoft does not give the same treatment for  the free players / donators  as that the Asians have ... will keep to have a negative opinion, and wating of time for us 

1 hour ago, Zed said:

... while ncsoft does not give the same treatment for  the free players / donators  as that the Asians have ... will keep to have a negative opinion, and wating of time for us 

There are no free players in Asia. In all Asian NCsoft territories (Korea, Japan, Taiwan) the game is pay-to-play from lvl 85 onwards, either by subscription (30 US dollars per month) or by time points (1 US dollar per hour):
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/goods/list?dci=51

But even though this provides NCsoft with a regular base income, there is heavy milking via the L2Store on top of that. The Asian players are as unhappy about this as the NCWest players commenting in this thread. Here an essay by a Korean Server Keeper (a kind of "Deputy GM"):
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=1970#p37086

For practical purposes this means that the L2Store is not an accident or an expression of a deep racist hatred against big-nosed imperialist wombats who must be tortured to death, but an integral part of NCsoft, no matter where they are. Milking players is what NCsoft does, it is their nature. Complaining is pointless. You either pay or you go away.

45 minutes ago, Yidao said:

There are no free players in Asia. In all Asian NCsoft territories (Korea, Japan, Taiwan) the game is pay-to-play from lvl 85 onwards, either by subscription (30 US dollars per month) or by time points (1 US dollar per hour):
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/goods/list?dci=51

But even though this provides NCsoft with a regular base income, there is heavy milking via the L2Store on top of that. The Asian players are as unhappy about this as the NCWest players commenting in this thread. Here an essay by a Korean Server Keeper (a kind of "Deputy GM"):
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=1970#p37086

For practical purposes this means that the L2Store is not an accident or an expression of a deep racist hatred against big-nosed imperialist wombats who must be tortured to death, but an integral part of NCsoft, no matter where they are. Milking players is what NCsoft does, it is their nature. Complaining is pointless. You either pay or you go away.

look on freya + naia 1 year or max 2 years milking :)  

Well it was already mentioned here, so I won't make a long post 'bout it, but with the new update you have added more RBs (101 levels and 105 levels). These new raid-boss ain't random spawned.
I think that in order to fight the RMT issues you should make sure that all of the RBs which are above 85 (not pre-GoD one) will be random spawn time, such as the RBs in the area of GoS and AF. (In others words, add random spawn to the new 101 (Westland; Gludio area) and the new 105 (Forest of Dead; Rune))

In- general the update is nothin' but a sign of the greediness of our publishers, all the fishin' content was removed from the update list, the Agations ain't able for us, and it looks like we will see it in the L2Store sooner or later. As well the whole thing about the cloaks of Aden and Elmoren, these items should have been added to the Salvation Clan update, but nope =)

Anyway this update, just get us closer to the last days of Lineage =) 

CAKEs to all

• Like 1

1. Daily coins were for all and not just clan reward.

Now newcomers cant get it.

To get it you need to buy it with personal fame and to be in clan level 8 or higher.

Top price item is 50.000 coins which was practically impossible to earn in reasonable time even before Salvation.

This new system you can also delete to not give false hope.

2, unnecessary nerf on hierophant by deleting 3 weakness skills and two  attack skills.

As is not enough that he don't have self healing skill but one which make him to easy to flag now he need to loose time with toggle button to put off AOE if flagged enemy is mixed with mobs and waiting to kill him.

3.login message say that you need to consume personal fame items before maintenance on 17.01.2018.

But we cant consume scroll given for monthly subscription because is bugged so it will be deleted on 17.01.2018.

Well thank you for such gift for monthly subscription/ prestige pack.

Edited by SleepingPower

This is worst part you ever reveal..totaly ruined lineage 2..first you ruined fish system now you made ch instance and fort imposible to finish ..100+ lvl is half hit from npc..also there is no adena drop in zones like fairy ..and you need to bring back the old map system ..back to actually search raids ..in that way selfish "players"need to spend time to find one alive not only log 5 boxes and go kill all ..speaking about drops is useles spend time to make all instances since drop is only modify scroll ..how many times we can change the app ..come on..what's next??

Still no answer to the question why you don't do the things you can do, independent of the developers, to make the game better for players.  Perhaps you have not answered because the real answer is that you have no intention of making things better for the players.  All the accusations that you are milking the players for every dime you can get from them and the game be damned (accusations I've resisted accepting before now) must be true.  There is so much you could do even without the developers.  You choose not to do it and don't even answer a question as to why.  What other conclusion can I possibly draw?

On a more constructive note, bring back the daily clan exp buff.  Increase spoils, especially at the lowest levels, to the levels they used to be so developing players have a chance to earn items to get them started.  

This upgrade was very poorly thought out.  For example, the 85-95 quest system is a nice addition, but it has the npcs explaining basic stuff like what gatekeepers do (filled with errors, btw, like the statement, and even picture, that the gatekeepers still charge for teleports).  Anyone who levels a character from 1 to 85 already knows all this.  It only makes sense if characters start at 85, which isn't a bad idea in itself. 

Finally, I want to talk to the 6 who voted the update is fantastic in this poll.  I have some swampland here in Florida that I'll bet they'd love to buy.

i am dissapointed because some good events is removed or maked n coins only. like galup event.

some players cant invest money like others and some of this player farm from few event like galups where take only time for this people who dont have money

and about spoil why kill spoilers.just spoiler cant farm anymore because spoil is redused to almost nothing

Edited by misterio

Here is your respectful treatment for paying tons of money to their pockets - Moderators and developers won't even respond to your questions and pleads. 

This game is destined to fall this way. They lost half of population with cloak events, NC West has finantial problems and probably they will shut down this game in 2018. 

Below Expectations: 

1.We need a way to progress without paying Money. Sure Paying Money should be very rewarding, but playing 8 hours straight on a day off should be, too.

It's not that I want to drop 1 Million Adena for a GC mob, but right now it doesn't even pay for Soulshots. 

Progress for f2p can be slow, that's fine - but there should be some apart from 0,01% EXP per month and minus 100 kk Adena from farming...

Pro-Tip: Farming should reward Adena, Items and so forth and not cost that.

2. If enchanting or combining items show a percentage for success, after all modifiers like LUC or Maphr Shirt.

3. New tactic to beat Limit barrier is to have full Party of wynns with 2 pets per Box. Easy workaround. But as I noticed normal mid geared players cannot beat RBs anyway. Clever Players are one step ahead of you!

4. Like Raids, the higher Instances and other rewarding parts of the game are reserved for the most stacked Players. - which would be fine, If there was another way to progress and get on their Level. 

To some Videogamecharacters are worth more than a Mercedes Benz?

Every Ncoin item is like a DLC and the full package costs about 5000$, maybe reduce to 1000 $ loool

Creating a Character which would have a shot of becoming hero: 25.000$? More? 

5. Adena Rates, spoil Rates, drop rates

6. Events that are f2p. Like monster Research but with higher drop. Not 50 event Items after farming 3 days straight...

7. Need f2p Progress

8. Do Something against bots, let us answer Captcha Codes every hour if you don't know how to Limit them. If not answered give the character Red name with -1 Rep 

9. Big thing for me would also be to reduce the amount of items that are not tradeable. Let me sell my +5 Elmore Cloak, let me sell my Jewels, I have a Talisman Desire in my Warehouse - why cant I sell it? I have a Longing equipped, not even that one can be Sold without paying 2b Adena in Giants Energy. 

10. I am the last person not willing to pay for a game that's f2p. My Dota 2 Skin Collection is the sad evidence. Nevertheless the core of the game should be playable without paying more than the price of the next Battlefield Installment. 

• What did you like most about the Salvation update and why?
  • Combination buff skill
  • What did you NOT like most about the Salvation update and why?
  • Lost Harp Melody +5 p accuracy, my daggers miss too much
  • What features would you like to see in the next update?
  • bring back my accuracy
Edited by Lycco

99% players want to farm Adena/items.  not with money.  Yeah, players spend money to buy items from L2store, because they love L2 like me.  Yes, New players are still coming, but a lot of players are leaving. the coming is less than the leaving. (if 10 new players start L2, 30 players will leave).  cut the prices of l2 store in half, and we need good drops, not like A grade weapons or so. Players are not even fighting for RBs.  well,  I don't think it is gonna help at all. Conguero can't even do anything. He just created a poll to encourage players. Korean servers are very cheap. even Russian servers are. R.I.P Ncwest.   

Why even make this thread? You're not going to acknowledge or address any of the issues no matter how often they're brought up, unless it directly equates to more L2 store revenue. You know every player wants more drops/adena, but you'll never respond to any post mentioning it.

F2P games need F2P players to survive, how is this a difficult concept to grasp? L2 is far from a dead game, the community is just completely fragmented and has been since C4 because of horrible mismanagement from NCwest. I literally can't recall coming across a more inept company in any industry in my life. 

Edited by Josh888
typo

I guess I will add a reply. I dunno if anyone will read it or care, but in case they do here goes.

I played Lineage 1 for over 5 years on live, and preordered L2 as soon as I could. I am a returning player. Lineage 2 Revolution brought back this game to me. Playing the mobile really got me to missing my old days of L2. I played during beta and release and quit shortly after Khamel was released for personal reasons. I know its been said before but I will say it again. But I have level'd quite a few chars to 90+ trying out different classes and trying out the new instances and whatnot. I cannot believe what this game has become. To think I was looking forward to farming spore quest for some startup cash, but in less than a few hours I am higher lvl than my char ever made it on live. I used to grind rooms in towers for 20% a week. 2 days and I'm 85 =/

Until 85 your char is useless, you pretty much just do what they tell you, rinse and repeat it really sucks. I don't even bother learning skills after 52 anymore, no point. But after you hit 85, everything is still easy you just have to do more of it. There is zero money drops, no items drops, no nothing. I got to 85 and I had less than 5m on me.

What happened to Cruma tower parties ? What happened to Heine and TOI parties? Why is there ALWAYS a ton of summoners at EVERY quest place never moving but killing everything? Groups are only k85,k90,k95, zeiken, ect ect now for the lowbies? Why are most hunting grounds not with daily quests have such nerfed xp and a complete waste of time. Why are we all shoved into the same area's with no reward for exploring? Isn't that what an adventure game is about?

Grouping is how we built relationships. Finding a good grinding group was like a circle of friends. Our old clan from Hindemith, that's how we formed and grew, by fighting together. It seems like most ppl don't want to talk much anymore. Doesn't seem like the same game. Seems like not much reason to group anymore. Not much benefit of grouping for dailies other than kartia groups or raids. This chokes the community and makes it a bitter one because it only leaves the pvp aspect of the game for people to talk about. And that seems to be all about money. (atleast from someone on the outside of clan dynamics)

I think maybe your concept with the no adena thing was that "hey its old server and there has been a TON of adena generated since its birth. So you use the store to sell items that people pay adena for in game(which has been gathering for 5-10 years) and then use, effectively "deleting" adena so to speak to help fix the market. Maybe im wrong. But I see no reason to play this game much anymore.

As a returning player I will never catch up to anyone gear wise without spending a ton of RL money.  I will NEVER be able to farm what I need to generate steady income. It used to be about Adventure and Entertainment. These days.....people only care about money it seems. I would pay 15-30$ a month to play this game, but not in this form. I get that games evolve and they can't stay the same forever. But this seems more like an arcade game than a MMO to me.....

• Like 4