Salvation - First Chapter Feedback

Conguero

Salvation - First Chapter Feedback  

161 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Salvation - First Chapter update overall?

• It's fantastic!
    • I like it.
    • It's decent.
    • It's below expectations.
    • I don't like it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/19/2018 at 12:00 AM

On 5.01.2018 at 1:14 AM, Conguero said:
  • What did you like most about the Salvation update and why?

fishing.. but i must ask about this.. why so late? many ppl have left the game and already forgotten about you and they wont be back.  why you couldn't act a little faster? you lost clients i lost clan mates. Freya is empty atm.

• What did you NOT like most about the Salvation update and why?

fort changes.well, in general you are right.. one player shouldn't  be able to get fortress alone, even with $$$$ gear. BUT.  2-3 parties even with average gear SHOULD be able to do it. Keep in mind that your recent years changes have seriously depopulated all serwers. Your "work" in case of fortresses  was simply  multiplicating hp and dmg of all npc. This can be done by  one average programmer in 5 minutes. So you didnt made much effort. This is too simple. maybe change spawn time of npc or decrease their dmg. just make it doable in todays conditions. i dont care how.

Also maybe some graph upgrade ;p ? we have 2018 things that were great in 2005 are now .. average  ;p.

• What features would you like to see in the next update?

do something with castle sieges. i dont know what ,,  but your target  should be making new system that will make very difficult or  IMPOSSIBLE to controll all the castles by one clan/ally ( greetings to freya and max ally ;p).  maybe some random npc raids (with hp and dmg of current fort ones ;p) or something different .

you wont be paid with dollars for  that, like for new elemental shirts of the gods or agatins or other ncoin items , but maybe you wont need to close l2 project in this or next year ;p. cause if i remeber correctly sieges were great fun once (1-2 years ago), so this eventual change  could   make this game little more exciting/interesting/alive. and this hugge depopulation started when max dominated oly and took all the castles.

bot system.  detect and punish botters, especially those with good gear and high level.  3 days punishments  doesnt work. manually check some of the games of heroes. check if they dont cheat.

most fair punishment would be acc deletion ofc , but you cant do it cause most botters are also your good clients ( thats why they feel safe to cheat). BUT, there are other possibilities. you can for instance delete some of their precious items as punishment, like weapon or armor set. And write it  to them " all we know that  you cheated , this is your punishment, dont do it again . play fair ". This would be clear message to all players : be fair, threat this game is a kind of sport, not a race of donators . A Game that is only a  race of donators is senteced to slow and painful end so dont go that way.

and the oly. add some new categories? like junior hero (for lvl 95 max) or  "no p2w" in wchich both players have the same eq and cant use any dollar powers? this is not so important focus mostly on castles and fort sieges. they must be fun for all or its your end ;p ty

Edited by valsharesss
lack of some text

1. Hime is female :P

2. While Conguero just has to divide his time between WildStar and Lineage 2, Hime is the Senior Community Manager at NCWest, so she has to take care of 5 game forums plus the associated social networks (Facebook, Reddit etc.). You should be deeply grateful for each single post she makes on this doomed forum of this doomed game while she could spend her time in a much more profitable way.

3. An even gear battle system aka Arena has made short appearance in Korea. You will find screenshots and videos here:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1639#p33308
The Arena received very positive feedback from the Korean players, but since uneven gear, obtainable from the L2Store, is the way NCsoft makes its money, the Arena was cancelled after three weeks.

Sorry, Hime. Don't know why I thought she was male.  Anyway, I was very grateful for every post she made because she actually seemed to be listening and caring what we had to say.  But I haven't seen her posts here in a while and I miss her.  This asking for feedback then not even bothering to acknowledge it, much less discuss it, is completely bogus.

That's the problem with competent people - they sooner or later get promoted out of a position where they do good practical work, to general regret and a loss for everybody. Something similar happened with Juji :(

As far as the feedback is concerned, your assumption of the poll being bogus is correct. If the developers really wanted feedback about the Salvation update, they would have put up a poll here half a year ago:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/forum/list
The feedback from the Korean players, who got the update much earlier than us, would have enabled them to make adjustments for the export version before that ever went live in the overseas territories. But as you can see, there were no polls in Korea since 2014. So our poll here is obviously not more than a placebo, intended to appease the enraged masses by giving them the illusion that things will get better in the future.

where we list broken skills? dont see any post anywhere only list that only gm's can post.

when will hell knights spirit revenge will proc on party and give the cleanse effect as intended?

https://imgur.com/a/UEo9s

and no avenging will in pasives

as per patch notes

Avenging Will Activates with certain chance upon normal attack. Debuff release and immune, HP recovery

• L2 Team

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote in the poll and elaborate on your Salvation feedback. We're discussing the results with the dev team and will follow up on the outcome of those conversations with you in the near future. 9_9

4 minutes ago, Conguero said:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote in the poll and elaborate on your Salvation feedback. We're discussing the results with the dev team and will follow up on the outcome of those conversations with you in the near future. 9_9

Conguero, any chance on increasing box limit? Five would be lovely :)

Client stability and performance has improved nicely

Clan management windows are better

dislikes
Leveling a clan is now practically impossible for a small clan. The clan rep that is rewarded is absolutely tiny and to add insult to injury there is a very low limit to the number of quests you can complete in a week.

Taking a fortress is now practically impossible for a small clan

Forced to pick between PVE or PVP clan skills

Removal of runes and other daily quest rewards hurts new players (as if not being able to chat and the lack of information on game mechanics isn't bad enough for a newbie)

Still no way for a player who doesn't have friends in high places to progress into end game PVE content through actual gameplay. LFG is full of parties looking for players who are equipped with items that you cannot reasonable procure without using NCstore or bots galore.

The same BLATANT bots running in isle of souls for +5 months now. I know how macroing works and those parties aren't being run with macros. Some of the group moves around in a manner that would require clicking the ground (the spoiler's movements being the most obvious) and never target flagged people. If you dare to try to run a yin camp under one of these bot groups you'll eventually be attacked by the same lvl +100 shiny +10 armor wearing character.

The Iss "diversification" my iss is now considered "worthless" for the few groups I used to be able to get in to... I would like a way to change that without spending more real $$$. Or at least a reduced price to change race..

L2 store items being more pay to win.

please add to the known bug list or confirm that our export version is different and we will get a different way in nearby future to achieve/obtain the same as the other export regions the ability to exchange existing Zodiac Agathions for Zodiac Agathion Charms through the Dimensional Merchant npc's

example of the EU/RU in their Salvation patch notes -> Items - Agathions section: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654903/

of course we would prefer it to be the Korean method through Fishing but right now we have zero means to get a perma Zodiac Agathion Charm so any will do

What I like:

Hard to say...maybe because of what I will say below..

What I don't like:

Clan system reward is very bad. The mission reward is so Low that now is IMPOSSIBLE to get enough daily coins to buy scroll of blessing. Before was hard - well now is Impossible. Even if you contribute 20/20... => your dream to bless your armor and make it pvp/pve vanished in the thin air.

Tanks are more paper than ever with this update. Especially ST. If you want to be a decent tank - you need pve +10 or mobs will eat you for breakfast.(pff 80b? or $800)..

Removed the mass debuff of ISS? ........................

The new Cloaks made the hole between "cows" and "ants" even bigger.

You've made some changes to stop the bots but I don't see how this benefits the players. Adena and drop is still the same as before - really low chance and very little, spoil sucks too - BIG time.

Server Transfer closed for indefinitely time. => Some of the servers just died because of LACK of populations, you can't find a healer for AF/Altar/Factions in the most busy play time cuz there's no such animal.. Clans are half empty - impossible to level up, impossible to make clan instances like throne of heroes and survive the stage 2..

Also I want to know how this game is FREE to Play? If a person starts now to play this game there's NO chance to equip himself in order to get in party and do instances. If this person NEVER buy Ncoin with his real money in this game there is NO chance to get any meaningful amount of adena in this game to start playing it. NONE!

People leave, people gave up.. wait few more months and the population will be on half.. sad.

I've opened a new Suggestions topic about this here: 

Edited by Vassy

On 1/23/2018 at 3:29 PM, Diver said:

This is the end of small clans. Accept it and join a large (normal) clan.

You talk as if there are a large number of large clans running around. I have no interest in being PVP fodder locked into an endless war because it's one of 5 large clans that exist on the server..

This thread is asking for what we like and what we dislike about the changes. So I answered it truthfully. I'd rather quit the game if the only other option is to join one of the handful of large clans that exists. Of course if leveling clans wasn't such a ridiculous experience then there would be MORE large clans to choose from....

Edited by Tool_of_Society

On 1/23/2018 at 2:00 AM, Conguero said:

On 1/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, Draecke said:

please add to the known bug list or confirm that our export version is different and we will get a different way in nearby future to achieve/obtain the same as the other export regions the ability to exchange existing Zodiac Agathions for Zodiac Agathion Charms through the Dimensional Merchant npc's

example of the EU/RU in their Salvation patch notes -> Items - Agathions section: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654903/

of course we would prefer it to be the Korean method through Fishing but right now we have zero means to get a perma Zodiac Agathion Charm so any will do

When will we get the Agathion CHARMS System added to our game version ? As you can see on the Innova EU/RU update details it's clear it got left out on NCWest for whatever reason ?

Agathions

— Agathion system has been changed: now all agathions are divided into two parts: Agathion bracelet and Agathion Charm.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, Draecke said:

On 1/28/2018 at 6:14 PM, Draecke said:

When will we get the Agathion CHARMS System added to our game version ? As you can see on the Innova EU/RU update details it's clear it got left out on NCWest for whatever reason ?

Agathions

— Agathion system has been changed: now all agathions are divided into two parts: Agathion bracelet and Agathion Charm.

bump and to be clear NCWest is the only L2 Export Region that doesn't have a working Agathion CHARMS System

here's the details from NCTaiwan which is identical to that of EU/RU: http://tw.ncsoft.com/lineage2/news/notice/view.aspx?nn=312

On 1/26/2018 at 12:35 AM, Vassy said:

What I don't like:

Clan system reward is very bad. The mission reward is so Low that now is IMPOSSIBLE to get enough daily coins to buy scroll of blessing. Before was hard - well now is Impossible. Even if you contribute 20/20... => your dream to bless your armor and make it pvp/pve vanished in the thin air.

try to contribute 40x by resetting it when u enter dim server :)

dunno if it's bug or what...

• Like 1

What I liked:

Nothing, adena keeps falling, and everything continues to be dominated by the dominant clans from the past, Freya is an example of this, everyone in the Freya knows that a good part of the dominant clan of this server used prohibited programs, but the NCSoft West have always turned a blind eye to this, always pretended they did not see, after all, they spend a lot of money buying Ncoins.

What I did not like:

Sigel Knight is worse, he does not even win Iss in a fight, they are taking a lot more damage, taking a lot more debuff, before that it did not happen, the skills are full of boring things, if you use one, you can not use another, otherwise it will disable. I believe, and I hope that in the next expansions, it happens with all classes, that is, to gain skills that when using, can not use another skill with the risk of canceling another one, fight like this is annoying, because you will always forget and use some skill that will cancel the buff of the skill, with that, the other class are in advantages, old skills and being able to use in all its potenticial, and make until combo, activate several at the same time, and with that, to have advantage.

Note:

Feoh is the class that has the most damage of the game, when a Feoh hits a magical critic, he even takes much more than 30 k damage, depending on the equipment. I do not understand, as the NCsfot in this expansion did not give a modified in this skill that activated, it absorbs 95% of Feoh damage, absurd it. Class with low damage like Sigel, Iss, and even others with medium to high damage like Tyrr, have difficulty fighting now with Feoh.

Note 2:

When will NCsoft West learn that in order to attract new players and thus earn more, as new players are going to invest, do they need to change the game? To change the castle siege, my God, in Freya a clan owns all the castles, because as they are equipped too much, as all the dragons dominate, all the quests that give the best items of the game, they block the evolution of others clans, of other players, they completely dominate the Olympics, and most of the Heros are just chars of them, which they equip and do Olympics to be the heroes, because only 4 we see talking and talking. Need to change the mechanics of the game, for example:

1 - Castle owner, if it is in another castle, it can not catch target, can not register neither to attack nor to defend. In short, a form of these clans, do not have all the castles, with their false clans created just for this.
2 - COC when we teleport, change the appearance of the clothes, in my opinion, everyone who goes to COC, should automatically gain a Buff, which makes him have a defense, P.Atack equivalent of as if equipped with an item encatado in +4, the jewels boss would not give some bonus, only M.Defesa, and the armored arms and armor +6, +7 and etc, would give defense of +4. Leave it as level as possible as you go into the COC, and a Hero staying there killing and defeating everyone with his huge vangatem discourages.

It has to change a lot, to try to attract new players.

In addition, this update spoiled the Sigel, this role too much, catching easy, skills that in practice seem good, but basically are not, before, people were afraid to hit Sigel when he activated 3 skills, today, Sigel can activate any one, will die at an incredible speed.