3rd Party Software Allowed?!

Dorren

So, Auto Macro Looping, botting software, etc. is all removed but we're still allowing 3rd party software to automate multiple box accounts with single button presses? If so, please clarify because every other "Legit" player has been doing it wrong the past several days... P.S. There's multiple char's stacked on top of each other. It's not just two if you look close at the names.

[Removed due to player names]

Everyone were crying about loop macros.

By disable them they just screwed the way macros were working before, now deal with the ones that are able to set macro hardware and some progs that we are already seeing deep in mithril mines, evil hunting grounds, hidden paths at windawood...

But in the end I was reported for running with my wife toon and buffers af on me while parting in ROD...

3 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

if you own a good mmo mouse with a good suite for macros you dont really need a bot program..

True, but you will not have a mouse healing you when you need, assisting you precisely on the same time on a full party, and avoiding ground objects that would stuck you...

The fun is almost on all I have seen there is a driver and talk to you if you are not just passing by...

Caught that already for a couple times...

11 minutes ago, Mastergumble said:

True, but you will not have a mouse healing you when you need, assisting you precisely on the same time on a full party, and avoiding ground objects that would stuck you...

The fun is almost on all I have seen there is a driver and talk to you if you are not just passing by...

Caught that already for a couple times...

it depends the logitech mouses have three modes and you can set each mode to change into a specific l2 client its not that hard to be honest its just that people need to know a bit of coding and learn the retarded suite of logitech

Yeah if you take the time you can do this with most the gaming mice suites, razer, Logitech, Corsair, all have very detailed macro support.  Not even going into gaming accessories like the Nostromo, etc.  can macro button press, profile change, button press, profile change all into a macro, XIGNCODE won't block it.   There is almost no need for the old bot programs now a days with how gaming peripherals have advanced.

No, they are not allowed.  Even the programmables like Logitech are supposed to be illegal if they are used to automate gameplay.  But the policing is terrible to non-existent, so the afk players abound.  Players have been complaining for 15 years with no results.

Some years ago I was in siege and some guy was keeping getting into the castle and only when it was on throne you would be able to seen him cresting, A lot did petitions from different clans and randoms, I have left my butter at Aden throne recording it and all I got from support was something like "you probably got lag issues" yeah some guy pass into everybody even with macros to spot caster enemies, and suddenly he shows up alone, even ss with admin console open did nothing as proof.

A lot got into their forums where was screens and explains on how to set different kinds of setups for those progs but that would be hard to make a proof, just found hilarious how a toon sitting somewhere on the map can check everywhere where is certain player...

Same happen on old server when Nova was doing exatly the same. Hope this can be looked into on start or it will be just botland in few weeks.

@Juji @Hime

Well, I know there are probably hundreds of posts about this but I guess this will be a prime example of how the GMs will run the server. If they say it's not allowed, hundreds of people have read and seen the above video that show the names of the offender (s) (even more so if hes a streamer like mentioned above.) So if we don't see his accounts banned this week, it's highly likely their not going to enforce. So everyone should just interpret as it's ok to automate gameplay. 

However, if they come back and say its allowed, then everyone better learn to run 3rd party software as it's the only way you're gonna survive in PVP. If people are like the one above (I failed to show the rest of his party but all 9 players, except his main were in groups of 3 all casting/healing/etc. Simultainiously), then they can focus targets with no coordination and insta pop before players have time to react.

I guess we'll find out later today/this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back across this guy yesterday. Still going ham on his third party software in plains of the lizardmen. He didn't realize he added me to Discord and while talking with him, he informed me of how hes running 9 accounts with a single mouse and keyboard. No window switching required. So, after 3 weeks of this post being started, and hes not banned, one can only assume third party software is allowed. 

However, I bet the second anyone responds to this post their going to use some, they will get instabanned :P

1 hour ago, Dorren said:

Came back across this guy yesterday. Still going ham on his third party software in plains of the lizardmen. He didn't realize he added me to Discord and while talking with him, he informed me of how hes running 9 accounts with a single mouse and keyboard. No window switching required. So, after 3 weeks of this post being started, and hes not banned, one can only assume third party software is allowed. 

However, I bet the second anyone responds to this post their going to use some, they will get instabanned :P

I will take the risk.

What's wrong running 9 accounts with 1 single mouse and a keyboard? Is it fair to other people? Not really. Is it illegal ? No, not really as he's not afk-ing. He plays the game.

37 minutes ago, IceAge said:

I will take the risk.

What's wrong running 9 accounts with 1 single mouse and a keyboard? Is it fair to other people? Not really. Is it illegal ? No, not really as he's not afk-ing. He plays the game.

The wrong part is when the guy presses 1 key and all of his windows launches skill. 

Just now, kupuldog said:

The wrong part is when the guy presses 1 key and all of his windows launches skill. 

Is wrong from your point of view? Fair enough. But we are talking about illegal vs legal. 

Is nothing wrong to press 1 key and is uses 1 macro on all 3 boxes. You are still pressing the button, you are still playing the game. No afk, no bot, nothing.

Plus, imagine the guy with 9 boxes. Do you have any idea how hard is to manage 9 boxes at once, even with 1 keyboard and a mouse ?! You may say is easy. No, is not easy at all. If it was easy, everyone would of done it.

31 minutes ago, GiNOO said:

It's 3 clients per computer!

Some people might have 2,3 computers, which means they are allowed to have 3 accounts on each computer.

Exactly! The guy I am pretty sure is running 3x3 = 3 computers and 3 clients and I am pretty sure he uses a wireless keyboard and a mouse to control all of them.

I don't see anything wrong here in breaking the rules. I see this type of QQs in WoW forums too. "OMG!! Why allow people multibox???" . To each his own, to a point if he's not breaking any rules.

8 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Is wrong from your point of view? Fair enough. But we are talking about illegal vs legal. 

Is nothing wrong to press 1 key and is uses 1 macro on all 3 boxes. You are still pressing the button, you are still playing the game. No afk, no bot, nothing.

Plus, imagine the guy with 9 boxes. Do you have any idea how hard is to manage 9 boxes at once, even with 1 keyboard and a mouse ?! You may say is easy. No, is not easy at all. If it was easy, everyone would of done it.

Exactly! The guy I am pretty sure is running 3x3 = 3 computers and 3 clients and I am pretty sure he uses a wireless keyboard and a mouse to control all of them.

I don't see anything wrong here in breaking the rules. I see this type of QQs in WoW forums too. "OMG!! Why allow people multibox???" . To each his own, to a point if he's not breaking any rules.

Could you please prove me that the bolded part is legal?

I have a proof it's not. 
https://imgur.com/a/95TD14E

3 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Does it says 1 action in game per box ?!

It says - when you press f1, f1 can do only 1 action - spoil, use macro from alt+r, use nuke, whatever. It means if you push f1 and your windows nr.1 makes spoil, window nr.2 makes nuke, windows nr.3 makes heal, you are violating the rules, because by this key, you performed 3 different actions on 3 different windows. 
P.s. I suspect you're trolling. Are you? 

50 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

you press one key and a window register that press then the window execute one action. seems nothing wrong.

each individual window will register one key only and execute one action only. no matter how you twist it, this is how it's looking from inside the pc and from the other end, the server side.

like someone said above, you can have a wireless mouse and kb to send to all, no need any macros or anything.

1 hour ago, kupuldog said:

It says - when you press f1, f1 can do only 1 action - spoil, use macro from alt+r, use nuke, whatever. It means if you push f1 and your windows nr.1 makes spoil, window nr.2 makes nuke, windows nr.3 makes heal, you are violating the rules, because by this key, you performed 3 different actions on 3 different windows. 
P.s. I suspect you're trolling. Are you? 

No! I am not trolling.

You still do 1 action per box, per character, per client and not 3 actions per box, per character, per client.

If it was whatever you said, then lots of people would of get banned, including the one from the OP post, saying 1 guy is running x9 boxes.

Archived