NCSOFT PLEASE FIX THE DROP RATES FOR GODS SAKE BEFORE I KILL MYSELF!!!!!!!

SunnyD

So everyone on the forums crying about the adena/drop/spoil rates are now MMO designers? What qualifications do you have to make you think you can make an input about the game design? 

Every quest reward or sellable item in an MMO generates more gold that goes into the economy, causing inflation as the gold becomes more common and less valuable. There are several ways that MMOs can drain that money out of the economy by creating "gold sinks."

The question here is what you will drain from the game when there is nothing to drain at first place?

When there is no money/adena in game why the hell someone will want to drain/sink it?

That video is OK, but it does not apply at all in the current so called classic server and its adena drop rate.

5 minutes ago, spoobg said:

The question here is what you will drain from the game when there is nothing to drain at first place?

When there is no money/adena in game why the hell someone will want to drain/sink it?

That video is OK, but it does not apply at all in the current so called classic server and its adena drop rate.

Economies do not build themselves over the course of a few days. It takes time for money/adena to flow between the players by participating in trading. The money sinks in the game act as a measure to control the inflation from the ingame economy.

True that, I am not arguing about this.

But honestly, if you played and tested the classic server even for a few hours, do you really want to tell me that with this exact adena drop rate and with this vendor prices that there will be any inflation at all anytime soon?

10 minutes ago, spoobg said:

True that, I am not arguing about this.

But honestly, if you played and tested the classic server even for a few hours, can you really want to tell me that with this exact adena drop rate and with this vendor prices that there will be any inflation at all anytime soon?

Not anytime soon, but it would happen sooner without the "money sinks" everyone is complaining about.

SunnyD, i dont know but i think you dont rly understand whats happening on server now and connection with the video you posted ,which is pretty good actually.

Atm we have more money sinks/drains(shots,potions,spellbooks,full item vendors etc.) from economy that the players can actually make by farming.

This would in real world cause "deflation" ,which would decrease all prices of items , but this is not possible here. Prices of shots,pots,spellbooks and everything are at fixed value , that means nobody can afford anything and after some time people will stop progressing altogether and stop playing .

No, it will never happen if there are no people left in the game to make this happen.

You can not punish the players right from the start with such a big money sinks, you can do that later when the player base is still in a good condition and is healthy and strong.

9 minutes ago, Krutor said:

SunnyD, i dont know but i think you dont rly understand whats happening on server now and connection with the video you posted ,which is pretty good actually.

Atm we have more money sinks/drains(shots,potions,spellbooks,full item vendors etc.) from economy that the players can actually make by farming.

This would in real world cause "deflation" ,which would decrease all prices of items , but this is not possible here. Prices of shots,pots,spellbooks and everything are at fixed value , that means nobody can afford anything and after some time people will stop progressing altogether and stop playing .

like i said, It takes time for money/adena that players gathered from mobs to flow between the players by participating in trading. The money sinks in the game deflate the economy as you said, from the inevitable inflation that will happen in the future.

Hence why, for example you will have to pay for teleports at level 40.

You foun a good example of a problem that will be visible on Classic servers after few months in best case. I dont know that L2 was strugling with this issue durring it 1st lanch. But I'm 100% sure that without changes in current progress distribution mechanism we won`t see this here. Becouse servers will be empte before it could happend. 

17 minutes ago, spoobg said:

No, it will never happen if there are no people left in the game to make this happen.

You can not punish the players right from the start with such a big money sinks, you can do that later when the player base is still in a good condition and is healthy and strong.

why do you think they are not charging players to teleport from 1-40? or why do you think they added no drop item on death penalty? free armor,weapon,soulshots? among other money sinks the old L2 had. So that you're not punished too hard from the beginning.

SunnyD, 

I just don't get one thing here. You and a very few other people are trying hard to explain to all the other people I will include and myself in there which are complaining about current adena drop, spoil rates etc. that everything is OK and fine. Good.

When the people which are complaining start to bring things from the old L2 like adena drop back then you and the ones other few are saying that this is classic and it is a new client and it is not the old L2. And still now here you are giving me an example from the old L2?

OK, it is really easy for me then, here is my answer - the old L2 had teleport fees, but and the old L2 had much bigger, in times more adena drop. Here you are.

So, which L2 is harder now when we will start comparing? The old L2 with the better adena/spoil rates when people sooner or later, much sooner compared to this classic version could start affording buying ss and better grades armor/weapons or the actual one, classic, where you literally have no adena to buy anything at all?

The problem is not with drops, drops have always been super low. The problem is that the spoil success rates are super low where spoil only works like 1-50 mobs and it makes it next to pointless to make a bounty hunter. If the spoils rates where higher it would allow for the crafting of weapons and armor much more easier and people wouldn't have to depend totally on a 1 in 1 billion chance of getting a weapon. 

5 minutes ago, spoobg said:

SunnyD, 

I just don't get one thing here. You and a very few other people are trying hard to explain to all the other people I will include and myself in there which are complaining about current adena drop, spoil rates etc. that everything is OK and fine. Good.

When the people which are complaining start to bring things from the old L2 like adena drop back then you and the ones other few are saying that this is classic and it is a new client and it is not the old L2. And still now here you are giving me an example from the old L2?

OK, it is really easy for me then, here is my answer - the old L2 had teleport fees, but and the old L2 had much bigger, in times more adena drop. Here you are.

So, which L2 is harder now when we will start comparing? The old L2 with the better adena/spoil rates when people sooner or later, much sooner compared to this classic version could start affording buying ss and better grades armor/weapons or the actual one, classic, where you literally have no adena to buy anything at all?

Yes its true you had more adena/drop/spoil in old L2 but was it free as L2 Classic?

Did it give you the option to play the game without a 15 dollar fee subscription? Were the boxes free?

If you compare the cost of dollars per month for 3 accounts back in 2004 would be 45 dollars a month. And how much do you pay for 3 accounts in classic? 0 dollars.

Now if you want better drops you have the option to spend some money on a Tier 1,2,3,4 VIP Status which is completely optional.

Lets take for example the Tier 4 VIP which is the highest drop rate they offer at 50%.

For 4,000 NC coins or 50 dollars you would pay about the same amount of dollars it would cost to buy a full game.

For 1,320 NC coins or 16 dollars a month you would pay about the same amount of dollars the subscription of the game would cost which was 15 dollars at the time.

Now, to answer your question. YES it is much harder now because of the fact that the game is FREE to play, and its completely optional to spend money in the L2 Store. 

You dont really think @Juji and @Hime are running a charity right? Ncsoft is a company and needs to pay their workers as well as make profit to make this risk they took in opening a server in North America profitable.

You are right. Still... people would love to pay the monthly fee which they did back in time and got that same experience with same adena drops, spoil rates etc. instead of playing it as it is now free in this classic version of the game. They are even asking for that, for a pay to play server, but with the same settings as it was back in time, not with these as we have right now.

And if we will speak about money and charity, I am pretty sure that NCSoft/NCWest will make much more money if they just give to the players a server with monthly subscription, but the one they want to compared to this classic server and the money they will get with VIPs and stuff in L2 Store. I can bet on that.

Man your efforts to give some kind of global economical explanation is remarkable,but the fact is that this is a just a game,an old one,and if u kill rates this game can not survive without a strong wallet.
Once spoil is killed,u will never have good stuff in what u call a game free to play,so gl going making loa or high rb with d grade,that means that is not f2p because is not playable.
And once u pay,it is not free to play anymore,so why the ppl who payed should accept to have a broken game like the others?From what i read,with VIP 4 doesnt change a lot.

3 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

Yes its true you had more adena/drop/spoil in old L2 but was it free as L2 Classic?

Did it give you the option to play the game without a 15 dollar fee subscription? Were the boxes free?

If you compare the cost of dollars per month for 3 accounts back in 2004 would be 45 dollars a month. And how much do you pay for 3 accounts in classic? 0 dollars.

Now if you want better drops you have the option to spend some money on a Tier 1,2,3,4 VIP Status which is completely optional.

Lets take for example the Tier 4 VIP which is the highest drop rate they offer at 50%.

For 4,000 NC coins or 50 dollars you would pay about the same amount of dollars it would cost to buy a full game.

For 1,320 NC coins or 16 dollars a month you would pay about the same amount of dollars the subscription of the game would cost which was 15 dollars at the time.

Now, to answer your question. YES it is much harder now because of the fact that the game is FREE to play, and its completely optional to spend money in the L2 Store. 

You dont really think @Juji and @Hime are running a charity right? Ncsoft is a company and needs to pay their workers as well as make profit to make this risk they took in opening a server in North America profitable.

Impressive, but, where exactly does what you said justify Non-pre-announced abysmal rates? I'm trying really hard to understand your correlation between those 2 concepts, Is it necessary to shady f*** up rates in order to reach profit? Sorry that simple seems unreasonable.

18 minutes ago, JamesSunderland said:

Impressive, but, where exactly does what you said justify Non-pre-announced abysmal rates? I'm trying really hard to understand your correlation between those 2 concepts, Is it necessary to shady f*** up rates in order to reach profit? Sorry that simple seems unreasonable.

I can't speak for NCsoft as i dont work for them. I can only state some facts, but i do agree with you that NCsoft should have been more transparent on their business practices because the player would have eventually noticed the difference in drop/spoil/adena rates from the old L2. Maybe @Juji and @Hime can answer that.

2 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

I can't speak for NCsoft as i dont work for them. I can only state some facts, but i do agree with you that NCsoft should have been more transparent on their business practices because the player would have eventually noticed the difference in drop/spoil/adena rates from the old L2. Maybe @Juji and @Hime can answer that.

i kinda hope they do answer...

This all is stupid. We don't have a inflation problem, we make less money than we need to play, we are not getting rich, so the inflation will never happen.

What will happen? We have like 5k players... many with dual boxes (so thats why he are always full).

People are strugging on lvl 20-22 without dmg to level up... they can't buy weapon, can't buy armors, can't buy soul shots and they can't even level up as they eventually die, as they can't kill 2 mobs at once if they attack... if a mob respaw near you and attack you with range attacks, you will die (don't came saying "ah you need a 9 ppl party", this is not the reality for most of the players).

What will happen? Trust me, people that play this game are old, 30+... they don't have time to lvl up and farm 6h a day anymore, they have family, job and kids. Young people won't play this game, its not famous, its not noob friendly, the graphics were great almost 2 decades ago, but it is stuck in time... the PvP are less frequent than any game and theres no reward for PvP (like any new game), there is just a penalty... that doesn't make players happy.

Unhappy players quit... soon all servers will be light (like all the old servers... people always quit... not because the game isn't good, just because there was a lot of more rewarding games... people wan't to have fun with games and this game make people angry so much times...). Trust me, if nothing changes, he will lose 25% of player to private servers, 25% for others games and 10% will just quit... you will have just the nerdest 40%.

Most of then don't work, that's why they won't quit, they have time... lot's of it, but they don't have money... so NC won't be any happy. Those people will do quests a full week, will buy top NG... will level up to lvl 30-35... will do 3 months adena quests to buy top D... they will level up to 40... (probably, of the remaining 40%, more 10% will quit before that, so... 30%)... they will play over a year to get top C... but by there... more 10% will quit... so, the servers will have like 1k on line after a year, half of that bots (500), 250 players with 250 buffers on the second box. There will be it... you won't be ever able to do the biggest bosses. 70% of the server will be the players who buy adena from third party sites.

On 6/10/2018 at 5:59 PM, SunnyD said:

So everyone on the forums crying about the adena/drop/spoil rates are now MMO designers? What qualifications do you have to make you think you can make an input about the game design? 

This is the most stupid argument i´ve ever seen

it´s like saying "oh you are poor and you don´t earn enough for a living even if you have a good job, what qualifications do you have as an economist to make an imput on economy?"

We are playing the game, the ingame economy affects us, and it´s obvious that it´s an inflated and totally not healthy market

3 minutes ago, Awep said:

it´s like saying "oh you are poor and you don´t earn enough for a living even if you have a good job, what qualifications do you have as an economist to make an imput on economy?"

Are you seriously saying that someone who is barely making a livable wage knows more about the economy than someone who spend years studying it? 

26 minutes ago, HEPAragorn said:

This all is stupid. We don't have a inflation problem, we make less money than we need to play, we are not getting rich, so the inflation will never happen.

The game hasn't been out that long, so it will happen eventually.

6 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

Are you seriously saying that someone who is barely making a livable wage knows more about the economy than someone who spend years studying it? 

I´m not saying that, i´m arguing the fact that you said anyone who isn´t a dev shouldn´t have an opinion on a game

"So everyone on the forums crying about the adena/drop/spoil rates are now MMO designers? What qualifications do you have to make you think you can make an input about the game design?"

Why are you even making an opinion on this then, where´s your dev badge in the forum, show me your certificates

Archived