Forums

Drop rates aren't broke.....

I started on Bartz the day it opened. I still have my chaotic chronicle CDs and played for years on live Lineage 2 servers from day one. Let me assure you, there is nothing broken. THIS IS HOW LIVE WAS. When you got to level 20 you were lucky if you had top no grade equipment. And people complaining about drops, you are in for a real treat when you get to lvl 40. I wore top d grade gear til almost lvl 45 before i started crafting pieces of C grade. This is live, nothing is broken. This is how lineage was. We had cruma parties (with no soulshots) that ran for hours. Solo you could not afford to hunt alone and you had a buffer AND and healer because a buffer couldnt keep a party healed. Welcome to real Lineage. (I am a lineage 1 player [lineage 1 is abandonware and nonmodified clients/servers are legal]of 20 years and a lineage 2 player of 13 years). Ive been sitting here rolling since rerelease.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that you are missing on purpose or not one very important fact. There was an economy, a real one back then. There were crafters and spoilers.

You will never see a working economy here with crafters and spoilers if the current state of the game, adena drops and spoil rate stays the same.

You will be forced to buy everything from the L2 Store. But hell yes, I guess it was just the same and before and...nothing is broken. Everything is OK.

Actually you are wrong.  The Adena drop rates were about 4X higher, as confirmed from Prima guides.  As for the XP rates, those are way to high.  I would estimate XP rates are about 10X to high (Very carebear and too easy).  I can remember spending weeks/months to XP through areas that now can be completed in a few hours.  So in the end people will end up lvl 65 and still be in NG gear, and the only way you will be able to progress is buying SS/SPSS from with NC Coins.  

I also re-created a Dwarf, and Spoiling rates have dropped Dramatically.  So the Dwarves aren't going to be able to keep the economy going unless things are changed.  

I agree partially it was tough, but this classic seems to be harder than original. Was more adena drops and gear drops. also mobs do more damage it seems. I have to rest every 2 kills while buffed with a scroll, this is ridiculous. I had no buffs or SS in original and was doing better.

12 minutes ago, Saintly said:

Another one of these topics.

Thanks to Aytrax for the link.
I'm sure tho those who claim that adena rate is working as intended and also "played durring/since C1" can provide plenty of proof for their claims. :)

They don't need proof because they remember and even though plenty of people have this actual proof that it's not the case and also remember it not being like this that doesn't matter because these 10 people fighting to keep it like it is remembers it and that's all that matters!

1 hour ago, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

I wore top d grade gear til almost lvl 45

if you are a spoiler and also buy all your SS from NCstore and do Adena quests all the way to 45 you will not be able to get Top D by level 45 on our live server

Oh, nay nay...

Scent Of Death quest, at launch, gave 2k Adena, now 500.

Trade With the Ivory Tower at launch gave 2k Adena, now 1000.

Bones Tell The future at launch gave 1000 Adena, now 500.

Bonds of Slavery, formerly Chains Of Slavery, at launch gave 13 Adena per Imp Shackle, now give 5 Adena per.

Green Fungus, for example, gives a chance to get around 13-25 Adena. At launch, it was 66-89. That's about a 3x difference. Pretty consistent across the board on all the mobs I have been hitting.

I have VIP 3 so I get a bonus to XP, I have no other XP buffs and leveling has been quick. The amount of Adena earnable has been cut in half, at least. The combination of the two will drive people to either do RMT or quit. If I had used the extra scrolls (4) given to me from progression, I'd probably be 14 or 15 by now and just as broke.

Granted, teleports are free now so there is that convenience to consider but, I never used the teleports at launch because it cost too much. As for gear, I remember earning enough to buy NG gear and now it is given for free. I also remember buying SS but eared enough grinding to replace the spent Adena and even add to it. Seems there is some attempt at balance in that regard but, once you hit 20, that all goes out the window and you won't earn enough 1-25 to buy even the lowest end D grade weapon without deleveling to grind certain mobs and/or quests.

Adena has been nerfed, on purpose, to encourage buying from the shop and to encourage RMT

Yes its true you had more adena/drop/spoil in old L2 but was it "truly" free as L2 Classic?

Did it give you the option to play the game without a 15 dollar fee subscription? Were the boxes free?

If you compare the cost of dollars per month for 3 accounts back in 2004 would be 45 dollars a month. And how much do you pay for 3 accounts in classic? 0 dollars.

Now if you want better drops you have the option to spend some money on a Tier 1,2,3,4 VIP Status which is completely optional.

Lets take for example the Tier 4 VIP which is the highest drop rate they offer at 50%.

For 4,000 NC coins or 50 dollars you would pay about the same amount of dollars it would cost to buy a full game.

For 1,320 NC coins or 16 dollars a month you would pay about the same amount of dollars the subscription of the game would cost which was 15 dollars at the time.

Now, to answer your question. YES it is much harder now because of the fact that the game is FREE to play, and its completely optional to spend money in the L2 Store. 

You dont really think @Juji and @Hime are running a charity right? Ncsoft is a company and needs to pay their workers as well as make profit to make this risk they took in opening a server in North America profitable.

1 hour ago, spoobg said:

I think that you are missing on purpose or not one very important fact. There was an economy, a real one back then. There were crafters and spoilers.

You will never see a working economy here with crafters and spoilers if the current state of the game, adena drops and spoil rate stays the same.

You will be forced to buy everything from the L2 Store. But hell yes, I guess it was just the same and before and...nothing is broken. Everything is OK.

Hello folks. I am a player who played open beta through Chronicle 2 and then off and on sporadically ever since. I just wanted to share a few cents with y'all and some recollections from Lineage II back in 2004. For those wondering, I played a BD on the Devianne server named Tiffi.

The current drop rates that we have now, are very much in line with what I remember being present back in 2004. The xp rates, the gold rates, the spoil rates, and the drop rates. For the above quotation, I would like to remind people that Lineage II had a MUCH MUCH larger population back then than it does now. Furthermore there was a MASSIVE chinese botter population as well that was funneling in enormous amounts of, yes gold via 3rd party sites, but also complete drops and crafting materials from their botting operations.

For better or for worse, the management at NC Soft has always been pathetic and they have always, and still do, vie with Electronic Arts for the title Crappiest Game Company on Earth. Personally I have to give the edge to Electronic Arts at this time.

One of the biggest things NC Soft did wrong was ignore the botting, scripting, and RMT services and the massive negative impact their presence was having on the legitimate customer population. After all a bot was a paying subscriber too. Over a period of about 6-10 years this has caused the game to pretty much vanish of the radar of more than 99% of the gaming population around the world outside of Korea. Of course, the impact some of the concepts the game brought forth are still with us today.

Today we have the classic Lineage II servers back again with a larger number of differences.

• Today we have the NC Store and all the Pay to Win it offers. Make no mistake, XP runes, XP scrolls, No Grade and D-Grade Soulshots/Blessed Spiritshots, VIP perks, and the Silver Coin tab are all classic Pay to Win features. Even more so since, aside from crafting mats purchasable with Silver Coins, none of them can be sold/traded via the in game economy. This was not present 14 years ago.
  • We also have newbie quests that actually work (mostly). 14 years ago, almost no quest worked. Of those that did, NONE ever gave xp. It was a grind to level up from level 1. Hitting level 20, even if you were lucky and had top NG gear, took close to a week. Right now, I can do it and my class quests in about 8 hours with crappy No Grade gear. 14 years ago, you had to pay to teleport starting about level 4.
  • So far, being level 20 on 2 different characters, I have yet to be charged a teleportation fee.
  • Bot parties are significantly less in their presence compared to 14 years ago. There are some, and I have even received my first gold spammer whisper, however they aren't everywhere like the weeds they were 14 years ago.

As it stand, best thing people can do is be patient. Log in, play the game and stop being in such a damn rush. Lineage II was meant to be a journey not a destination. If anything I have said anyone disagrees with, then I'd suggest Lineage II really wasn't and still isn't the MMO for you. (At least as it was originally created. ><)

It is broken end of topic. You have VIP 4 ?? Yes ? then you have NORMAL rates. No ? then you gona suffer... p2win as more as you could say. Nothing from what they told us its now here. There should be fee for tele there is not! That server should be not p2w now its only way to survive pay and pay more so that you could play normal. You face wall after wall droped items better sell to shop insted sell to players bc they not gona give you in weeks what you want. Broken exp in many areas. Cost for your exp on spot is more then you gona get from mobs !!!! you gona pay more to have tose things you deserv and farm. That kind of server is ok for americans who gona pay and pay bc they cant pplay otherwise. Ppl who belived in all those things saying to us were lies. And yet i belived NCsoft gona do good job here...   Skelth have the same classic but you need to pay to play monthly from what i can heard and my clan testing that right now. I dont like that idea tho...i want free to pplay server where my time spending and skill would prove. You kick me in the ass lie in the face and bring me only onme solution PAY for VIP 4 only then you have nnormal rates. And saying rates im saying ONLY about ADENA. Exp drop rate items ok they may be...even that 0.75% exp w.o vip 4. But adena is broken killed economy and stupid as hell playing months to normal economy while last 3 days i play 10h+ each day...

5 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

Hello folks. I am a player who played open beta through Chronicle 2 and then off and on sporadically ever since. I just wanted to share a few cents with y'all and some recollections from Lineage II back in 2004. For those wondering, I played a BD on the Devianne server named Tiffi.

The current drop rates that we have now, are very much in line with what I remember being present back in 2004. The xp rates, the gold rates, the spoil rates, and the drop rates. For the above quotation, I would like to remind people that Lineage II had a MUCH MUCH larger population back then than it does now. Furthermore there was a MASSIVE chinese botter population as well that was funneling in enormous amounts of, yes gold via 3rd party sites, but also complete drops and crafting materials from their botting operations.

Actually, if you compare the current drops to the Prima guide information, you will see they are very, very different. I have posted some examples above. Quests that gave 1,000 Adena now give 500. Mobs that dropped 100 Adena, now drop 35, Spoils are terrible. The bots are back already and the economy will go full swing RMT within the month with no way for a regular player to keep up otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

...then I'd suggest Lineage II really wasn't and still isn't the MMO for you. (At least as it was originally created. ><)

You r f... stupid or what ?? i played that game in those times wtf are you talking about...
Evrything you said have no sens you cover p2w server and so many bugs problems evrything you cover with yr th.. talk..

1 hour ago, Devylin said:

Actually, if you compare the current drops to the Prima guide information, you will see they are very, very different. I have posted some examples above. Quests that gave 1,000 Adena now give 500. Mobs that dropped 100 Adena, now drop 35, Spoils are terrible. The bots are back already and the economy will go full swing RMT within the month with no way for a regular player to keep up otherwise.

The Prima guide was off on EVERYTHING even back in 2004. That is nothing new.

Edit: Yes I have still have my Lineage II CDs. I also have my Lineage II guide by Prima from 2004. It was unreliable for anything outside of the bare bones basics for the game and possibly the crystalization tables.

2 hours ago, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

I started on Bartz the day it opened. I still have my chaotic chronicle CDs and played for years on live Lineage 2 servers from day one. Let me assure you, there is nothing broken. THIS IS HOW LIVE WAS. When you got to level 20 you were lucky if you had top no grade equipment. And people complaining about drops, you are in for a real treat when you get to lvl 40. I wore top d grade gear til almost lvl 45 before i started crafting pieces of C grade. This is live, nothing is broken. This is how lineage was. We had cruma parties (with no soulshots) that ran for hours. Solo you could not afford to hunt alone and you had a buffer AND and healer because a buffer couldnt keep a party healed. Welcome to real Lineage. (I am a lineage 1 player [lineage 1 is abandonware and nonmodified clients/servers are legal]of 20 years and a lineage 2 player of 13 years). Ive been sitting here rolling since rerelease.

mmm, back in C1 mobs actually dropped decent amounts of adena...

Are you on the NCwest corporate dole?

2 hours ago, Medeoan said:

For better or for worse, the management at NC Soft has always been pathetic and they have always, and still do, vie with Electronic Arts for the title Crappiest Game Company on Earth. Personally I have to give the edge to Electronic Arts at this time.

One of the biggest things NC Soft did wrong was ignore the botting, scripting, and RMT services and the massive negative impact their presence was having on the legitimate customer population. After all a bot was a paying subscriber too. Over a period of about 6-10 years this has caused the game to pretty much vanish of the radar of more than 99% of the gaming population around the world outside of Korea. Of course, the impact some of the concepts the game brought forth are still with us today.

Today we have the classic Lineage II servers back again with a larger number of differences.

• Today we have the NC Store and all the Pay to Win it offers. Make no mistake, XP runes, XP scrolls, No Grade and D-Grade Soulshots/Blessed Spiritshots, VIP perks, and the Silver Coin tab are all classic Pay to Win features. Even more so since, aside from crafting mats purchasable with Silver Coins, none of them can be sold/traded via the in game economy. This was not present 14 years ago.
  • We also have newbie quests that actually work (mostly). 14 years ago, almost no quest worked. Of those that did, NONE ever gave xp. It was a grind to level up from level 1. Hitting level 20, even if you were lucky and had top NG gear, took close to a week. Right now, I can do it and my class quests in about 8 hours with crappy No Grade gear. 14 years ago, you had to pay to teleport starting about level 4.
  • So far, being level 20 on 2 different characters, I have yet to be charged a teleportation fee.
  • Bot parties are significantly less in their presence compared to 14 years ago. There are some, and I have even received my first gold spammer whisper, however they aren't everywhere like the weeds they were 14 years ago.

As it stand, best thing people can do is be patient. Log in, play the game and stop being in such a damn rush. Lineage II was meant to be a journey not a destination. If anything I have said anyone disagrees with, then I'd suggest Lineage II really wasn't and still isn't the MMO for you. (At least as it was originally created. ><)

read the frikin thread and and check this from 234 and compare adena and spoils you joker

4 hours ago, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

people are just spoiled by years of playing on f2p private servers with broken rates, 2days of classic release and they already whining and crying this must be why we cant have good things nowadays. Maybe they thought that classic means restart of the live edition? I have doubts they understand what this is all about.

5 minutes ago, Krakker said:

people are just spoiled by years of playing on f2p private servers with broken rates, 2days of classic release and they already whining and crying this must be why we cant have good things nowadays. Maybe they thought that classic means restart of the live edition? I have doubts they understand what this is all about.

wanna talk about broken rates? LOL server rates atm are around 0.75x xp/sp, 0,25x adena and around 0,5x drop/spoil, using a scarecrow argument like that makes you completely clueless and almost as delusional as the post's owner.

I was one of the top spoiler/crafters open beta through mid c2.

I can confirm drops have been reduced. I was selling short spears in mass for like 110k to lvl ~15 players on talking island during c1. Im pretty sure npc stores are more expensive now too.

I also remember the first bot sellers advertising their "Elven Ruins macro bots" and how you can make 200k by leveling alts to level 20 there.

7 hours ago, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

THIS IS HOW LIVE WAS

No, it wasn't.

I played on Hindemith starting the very first month the game left beta; I played for over three years.

L2 Classic did not involve an absurd cash shop because it had a proper subscription model, and it had a decent economy in spite of the botters.

Solo you could not afford to hunt alone 

I could solo as a Elemental Summoner. I didn't even start dual-boxing till my final year of playing. I did Cruma Tower, no soulshots.

Look, I get it. A lot of us veterans were looking forward to L2 Classic. But sadly it's not going to be found here, with NCsoft running it. 

Archived