Drop rates aren't broke.....

44 minutes ago, yum said:

you are wrong. classic we have now is like korea classic and it a is a good thing. and there is no "buy everything from L2 store." if you're just talking about soulshots, fine. but those can still be crafted and sold by real dwarfs, and it's not too hard for them to do that, it's just as hard as it was on l2 classic korea. anything else in the shop isn't making dwarfs useless, if you're talking about silver coin. silver coin drops so slowly you're going to get what 100 free stem or varnish after a week? who cares, it's not game changing at all, silver coin isn't even considerable to affect the need of real dwarfs. the only thing this game needs is lots of dwarfs spoiling because the spoil rate is so low, and who cares that it is this low, it was this low on korea classic. 

have you never played a dwarf? NG-ss is not craftable. The only way to get it in the original is through buying it in the shops...which was possible with a 1x adena rate. Nobody can afford, craft, or loot D-grade right now, so the SS trade between players is completely DEAD. With the nerfed adena rates, players cannot afford to buy SS from the NPC shops as the game intended, and are instead forced to pay for it with real $$$ in the cash shop. Dwarves are integral to making the game work, and they ruined both of the classes. This is enough to single-handedly kill the game. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Saintly said:

Another one of these topics.

Thanks to Aytrax for the link.
I'm sure tho those who claim that adena rate is working as intended and also "played durring/since C1" can provide plenty of proof for their claims. :)

Holy crap that link brought back so many memories.

I soloed an AW wannabe in beta before and after the server wipes. First time in I didn't have time to get very far before the wipe. After the wipe my DE rogue was almost about to buy a D grade dagger at around 25ish (I wasted a lot of my time in game :P). I quit for release and came back near the end of C2. I switched my main to a SPS and that mandated a SE for mana and things expanded from there. I didn't need a buffer to solo in beta with a dagger user but I did with a SPS because they had shit mana management. Although PVP was simply hilarious back then as it consisted of sleep/nuke/sleep/nuke/sleep/nuke WIN cause nothing could cast faster than a stacked SPS and sleep always worked.

they are broke. its simple, just compare the adena drop in na with any of the others classic off. 

check the Monster Eye Watchman drop for example, in the others classic they drop between 72 and 167 adenas, but here the max adena drop from that mob is about 60a, theres is a big difference between 167a and 60a

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Monster_Eye_Watchman

Lineage 2 = "the grind", right?

couple of days into the game is NOT the grind yet.

I am more concerned that i will not have armor in a few days when the "free" set we get expires.

Overall, this version of Lineage 2 brings back a lot of nostalgia and makes me value the ingame money even more. There's always someone who buys in to get ahead. They burn out and fade away.

Maybe all the complaining will make a change, I doubt it. Just adapt to the situation and keep having fun. If you're not having fun...you are in the wrong game.

free teleports! kids today have it easy!

7 minutes ago, yum said:

bro i played on korea classic when it opened for months because i love lineage 2 classic idea. and yes.. you would only get 1 stem or 1 varnish every 20 monsters, you would make 7 adena per kill and 20 adena per kill lv20~ get over it holy crap....PLEASE DEVELOPERS DO NOT LISTEN TO THE VOCAL MINORITY ON FORUMS THEY ARE NOT EVEN IN-GAME GRINDING LIKE THE OTHER 5000 PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAYING....

OH now its explained! you played 1.0 the same Gran Kain RU had, I played GK1.0, and yes the rates we have atm are very similar to 1.0 version!
BUT THEY SAID WE WERE GOING TO GET 1.5 LIKE SERVER AND ITS NOWHERE CLOSE TO 1.5 RATES, in both RU 1.5 and KR 1.5.
Can you now FINALLY understand the issue here?

3 minutes ago, yum said:

fine man I can concede that if they claimed it would be 1.5 or easier rates, and it's not then that is an issue for you, but for me personally I'm very glad it is just as hardcore if not more hardcore than korea classic....only complaint from me is: (which I've had before NA classic released and have posted about before NA classic released)

no materials in L2 store

no soulshots in L2 store

allow inventory and equipped weapons to be dropped on death from monster

allow inventory and equipped weapons to be dropped on FIRST pk not 4th+

those are my only complaints, everything else is very good for me.

Oh buddy if you like it or not its up to you but they said something and are giving players completely another thing.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:03 PM, Medeoan said:

Hello folks. I am a player who played open beta through Chronicle 2 and then off and on sporadically ever since. I just wanted to share a few cents with y'all and some recollections from Lineage II back in 2004. For those wondering, I played a BD on the Devianne server named Tiffi.

The current drop rates that we have now, are very much in line with what I remember being present back in 2004. The xp rates, the gold rates, the spoil rates, and the drop rates. For the above quotation, I would like to remind people that Lineage II had a MUCH MUCH larger population back then than it does now. Furthermore there was a MASSIVE chinese botter population as well that was funneling in enormous amounts of, yes gold via 3rd party sites, but also complete drops and crafting materials from their botting operations.

For better or for worse, the management at NC Soft has always been pathetic and they have always, and still do, vie with Electronic Arts for the title Crappiest Game Company on Earth. Personally I have to give the edge to Electronic Arts at this time.

One of the biggest things NC Soft did wrong was ignore the botting, scripting, and RMT services and the massive negative impact their presence was having on the legitimate customer population. After all a bot was a paying subscriber too. Over a period of about 6-10 years this has caused the game to pretty much vanish of the radar of more than 99% of the gaming population around the world outside of Korea. Of course, the impact some of the concepts the game brought forth are still with us today.

Today we have the classic Lineage II servers back again with a larger number of differences.

• Today we have the NC Store and all the Pay to Win it offers. Make no mistake, XP runes, XP scrolls, No Grade and D-Grade Soulshots/Blessed Spiritshots, VIP perks, and the Silver Coin tab are all classic Pay to Win features. Even more so since, aside from crafting mats purchasable with Silver Coins, none of them can be sold/traded via the in game economy. This was not present 14 years ago.
  • We also have newbie quests that actually work (mostly). 14 years ago, almost no quest worked. Of those that did, NONE ever gave xp. It was a grind to level up from level 1. Hitting level 20, even if you were lucky and had top NG gear, took close to a week. Right now, I can do it and my class quests in about 8 hours with crappy No Grade gear. 14 years ago, you had to pay to teleport starting about level 4.
  • So far, being level 20 on 2 different characters, I have yet to be charged a teleportation fee.
  • Bot parties are significantly less in their presence compared to 14 years ago. There are some, and I have even received my first gold spammer whisper, however they aren't everywhere like the weeds they were 14 years ago.

As it stand, best thing people can do is be patient. Log in, play the game and stop being in such a damn rush. Lineage II was meant to be a journey not a destination. If anything I have said anyone disagrees with, then I'd suggest Lineage II really wasn't and still isn't the MMO for you. (At least as it was originally created. ><)

The botting, RMT services, and scripting isn't what killed the game. The updates and shitty patches killed the game. 

Here's the problem I see incoming.  I started playing on my main.  XP seems very high.  Especially with all the XP quests.  Adena rate is very low.  

No problem, I decided to roll out my dwarves, and figured I would start out with them first, so they can fund my main.  For Spoiler, Spoil level is very low compared to original game.  Almost not worth it anymore to take the time leveling a spoiler.  Next I leveled up my crafter.  Used all my adena to purchase a DSS recipe, and started the factory up.  Crickets.  I don't know if anyone can afford DSS anymore, or if they are just buying from NC store.  But I have yet to sell a single DSS shot.   Those are the 2 reasons to level up dwarves.  It's not because of their extreme fighting skills.

I feel with these changes, there will be less and less dwarves in the higher levels, as it doesn't pay.  This in turn will leave alot less mats available to craft upper grade gear, and sales of old gear will all but dry up since they aren't being consumed to make shots.  The prices of upper level gear gear will go really high, and the price of lower grade gear will drop to almost nothing.  And soon, to make up for the lack of crafters in game, the NC Store will probably start selling full gear to "Help" fix the problem.  

On 10/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, ARCHVAMPIREvsALL said:

I started on Bartz the day it opened. I still have my chaotic chronicle CDs and played for years on live Lineage 2 servers from day one. Let me assure you, there is nothing broken. THIS IS HOW LIVE WAS. When you got to level 20 you were lucky if you had top no grade equipment. And people complaining about drops, you are in for a real treat when you get to lvl 40. I wore top d grade gear til almost lvl 45 before i started crafting pieces of C grade. This is live, nothing is broken. This is how lineage was. We had cruma parties (with no soulshots) that ran for hours. Solo you could not afford to hunt alone and you had a buffer AND and healer because a buffer couldnt keep a party healed. Welcome to real Lineage. (I am a lineage 1 player [lineage 1 is abandonware and nonmodified clients/servers are legal]of 20 years and a lineage 2 player of 13 years). Ive been sitting here rolling since rerelease.

Stop spreading lies.
http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

rates are weird, because we started with XP quests, free GK, armor, weapon, and shots.
but suddenly you cross lv20 and comeback to reality, it feels very strange and unbalanced. The true is that crafting low levels gear is real now, that doesnt happen anymore, and that is how is suppose to work. 

eventually all server will get top NG gear and prices will go down, right now is expensive, but with 1 good drop you capital will go to the roof. i havent get any weapon drop yet, so im poor.  but i can level alone. 

the other thing is people are wasting their money on SS with autoattack, THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS! 

maybe adena could go a bit higher, database shows that mobs are giving 1/3, so i guess that is the correct adena. if im not mistaken there was a patch on L2 classic where adena get boosted. At level 23 my capital is 100k.(adena n gear, i had no bigdrops, maybe 30k at max in drops, ive been unlucky, so my capital is almost all by adena). with 3x adena boost i should be getting 300k of capital. that sounds a bit too much with all the help we got with free items, but will improve the fun on the server. 
but i dont want to make the shots like 24/7 because of adena boost on server

sorry my bad english

3 minutes ago, ciwg said:

rates are weird, because we started with XP quests, free GK, armor, weapon, and shots.
but suddenly you cross lv20 and comeback to reality, it feels very strange and unbalanced.

Man that's not the issue, mobs at level 20 drop 20 adena lol. And im talking about normal mobs, not those with x2 hp, I cant even afford soul shots (not saying about health potions,soes or others)

Drops seem about right, maybe a little low but the Adena rewards are really, really low. Adena isn't really a drop anymore, it just shows up. I have seen a few actual drops of Adena and those were about the right rate based on the Prima guide. I've only seen a handful of those, tho.

2 hours ago, ciwg said:

the other thing is people are wasting their money on SS with autoattack, THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS! 

They exist for a good reason. TO USE THEM.

We all have leveled with shots, for hundreds and thousands of hours, it's unrealistic to expect players are gonna be happy grinding monsters without shots, not to mention it is INCREDIBLE boring to have to rest every couple of kills. 

In top of that, you can't even afford potions and other consumables. SOE? naaaah you have to wait 5 minutes.

Ofc you can have all those "luxury" items if you pay enough money. And that it's P2W, you can't deny it. Do you know what happen to P2W games? They die rather quickly. And no one wants that.

7 hours ago, ViciousL2 said:

They exist for a good reason. TO USE THEM.

We all have leveled with shots, for hundreds and thousands of hours, it's unrealistic to expect players are gonna be happy grinding monsters without shots, not to mention it is INCREDIBLE boring to have to rest every couple of kills. 

In top of that, you can't even afford potions and other consumables. SOE? naaaah you have to wait 5 minutes.

Ofc you can have all those "luxury" items if you pay enough money. And that it's P2W, you can't deny it. Do you know what happen to P2W games? They die rather quickly. And no one wants that.

no, you should not use ss on 100% of your attacks, then whats the point of having them in the game if it become a standard?
ppl used to use shots on pvp or key moments

On 10/7/2018 at 12:42 PM, yum said:

allow inventory and equipped weapons to be dropped on death from monster

There was never a time where you could drop a weapons from inventory on death. God almighty you have no idea how dumb such an idea would be (or difficult to implement on the back-end). I for one have no interest in the exploits of old that people would use to try to get others to drop items (because they were too bad at PVP to fight). Fortunately Ncsoft figured out their mistake and fixed that bit of stupidity long ago.

That's BS. We were using shots from 20+ in 2004. By level 30 my AW had 2x D weapons (dagger and bow) and D armor. 

I bought my first wood set at lvl 8 and had full set no grade jewels shortly after.

None of this is even close to possible now.

Yum, I'm just curious.  Do you follow your own advice, not use soulshots, grind hard without spending money, not doing the quests to quickly advance through level 20, not doing the moon armor quest, etc. (and, I suppose I should add, not cheating: botting, buying adena, running more than three accounts on the same computer, etc.)?  Or have you spent money on the items, and taken advantage of the possibilities you are fighting so diligently to deny others?  If you walk the walk you talk, then total respect, even though for the most part I disagree with you.  If you talk the talk but don't walk the walk then you're just seeking to gain an advantage over others here, and it's all bs. I'm just curious to know which it is. 

This is indeed close to original (that NA classic is alot harder than EU/JP/RUS classic servers doesn't mean it isn't close to the original)... except xp rates are higher and you can buy SS for $$$... if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't mind it that much. Putting SS on cash shop makes them standard use, so unless your buying them, you're not going to get in a party, and everyone is going to breeze by you.

Since this thread is still getting attention I would like to add an update to my original post.

The drop rates on Classic are the same as they were in Vanilla ONLY up to about level 10. After that point they drop off dramatically. I do confess I hadn't leveled much beyond 15 one time around when I first posted my first reply to this thread. Getting to 15 also takes no time at all so I hadn't had time to really see the changes.

To REALLY see the differences between Classic and Vanilla all one has to do is look at the old lineage.pmfun.com website which was the original database website long before the very concept of "wiki" had even been invented. (pmfun was technically founded after the concept of the wiki was invented. However, it predated the point at which wikipedia exploded in popularity and brought the concept of wiki style websites to the greater public consciousness. pmfun was founded in 2006 and Wikipedia became popular in 2007. Prior to this we used allakhazam and thottbot for database needs.) The database on that website and other old sites were generated via user addons that tracked game data and reported it back to the database sites in question. You can see what the actual drop rates were based on compiled information from hundreds of people play the game over many years who voluntarily assisted these sites. (This is how drop rates are still determined today by sites such as wowhead for World of Warcraft.)

Bottom line is, drop rates back then were THREE TIMES what they are now.

I can make a fairly well educated guess as to why NC Soft Korea dictated these settings. They wanted to drive players to the NC Store, sell NC Coin, and then have you spend it in game until you established VIP 4. Getting VIP 4 is a $50 affair. Maintaining is a $16.50 affair. Essentially, we are being handicapped unless we pay. You have to pay to partially remove the handicap. I say partially since even VIP 4 doesn't give you the full drop rates of the original Pay to Play Vanilla Lineage II.

What NC Soft should have done is left it at the original Vanilla rates and then VIP 4 would have become a true bonus and selling point. Right now, this is a just a massive slap in the face with an unnamed lower extremity.

4 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

There was never a time where you could drop a weapons from inventory on death. God almighty you have no idea how dumb such an idea would be (or difficult to implement on the back-end). I for one have no interest in the exploits of old that people would use to try to get others to drop items (because they were too bad at PVP to fight). Fortunately Ncsoft figured out their mistake and fixed that bit of stupidity long ago.

Lord oh Lord are you ignorant. YES you could drop ANYTHING on death. If death was from a monster, anyone could drop. White players could drop, flagged purple could drop, and red most certainly could drop.

I remember quite clearly getting killed after being trained on in Cruma Tower Angels and dropping my Blue Wolf Boots. Thankfully, a party member snagged them and was able to given the back to me.

I remember when Slycutter had his brand spankin new Bow of Peril drop on him when he got jumped by a train by an enemy clan and they got his bow. It was one of the first top B grade bows on the server. I remember how Mantis and their allies, including the clan I was in at the time SilentStorm, came together to craft him a new bow almost overnight.

I remember killing reds in the Execution Grounds and taking their weapons, armor, and other drops.

I remember the outrage from the player base when people started kiting in aoe mobs into Oren and Giran to aoe the shops down so they would drop things and stealing them. This was the action that caused NC Soft to finally rethink the drop from all death policy and change to where only reds could now drop. Even then, they further changed so you had to have a minimum of 4 PKs before you could drop while red.

Something from the old days. This was in Chronicle 4. Armor is Dark Crystal heavy A-grade and the weapon is Tsurugi*Samarai Longsword +16.

https://imgur.com/a/i0m7sbQ

1 hour ago, PyroAmos said:

This is indeed close to original (that NA classic is alot harder than EU/JP/RUS classic servers doesn't mean it isn't close to the original)... except xp rates are higher and you can buy SS for $$$... if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't mind it that much. Putting SS on cash shop makes them standard use, so unless your buying them, you're not going to get in a party, and everyone is going to breeze by you.

People won't kick you out of a group for not using SS. People won't also say go cash shop either. At $1 per 1,000 shot and given that you can easily burn through 10,000 shot in a day, if you actually put some honest effort into leveling, that can get expensive FAST buying your shots through NC store. Finally, XP rates are not higher. They are actually lower. With VIP 4 and the new harsher xp curve all you have done is to bring the curve back in line with how it used to be. With the other xp items being tacked on, you can pull ahead of the curve. In either case, we are not being delivered the Vanilla Lineage II experience.

5 hours ago, Medeoan said:

Lord oh Lord are you ignorant. YES you could drop ANYTHING on death. If death was from a monster, anyone could drop. White players could drop, flagged purple could drop, and red most certainly could drop.

I remember quite clearly getting killed after being trained on in Cruma Tower Angels and dropping my Blue Wolf Boots. Thankfully, a party member snagged them and was able to given the back to me.

I remember when Slycutter had his brand spankin new Bow of Peril drop on him when he got jumped by a train by an enemy clan and they got his bow. It was one of the first top B grade bows on the server. I remember how Mantis and their allies, including the clan I was in at the time SilentStorm, came together to craft him a new bow almost overnight.

I remember killing reds in the Execution Grounds and taking their weapons, armor, and other drops.

I remember the outrage from the player base when people started kiting in aoe mobs into Oren and Giran to aoe the shops down so they would drop things and stealing them. This was the action that caused NC Soft to finally rethink the drop from all death policy and change to where only reds could now drop. Even then, they further changed so you had to have a minimum of 4 PKs before you could drop while red.

Something from the old days. This was in Chronicle 4. Armor is Dark Crystal heavy A-grade and the weapon is Tsurugi*Samarai Longsword +16.

https://imgur.com/a/i0m7sbQ

People won't kick you out of a group for not using SS. People won't also say go cash shop either. At $1 per 1,000 shot and given that you can easily burn through 10,000 shot in a day, if you actually put some honest effort into leveling, that can get expensive FAST buying your shots through NC store. Finally, XP rates are not higher. They are actually lower. With VIP 4 and the new harsher xp curve all you have done is to bring the curve back in line with how it used to be. With the other xp items being tacked on, you can pull ahead of the curve. In either case, we are not being delivered the Vanilla Lineage II experience.

The only thing you could drop was from equipped gear. Your memory is horrible.

I do find it amusing that you think chronicle 4 is the "Old days",,,

Here are some real old days
6L0lL23.jpg

Unfortunately a hard drive failure which resulted in me losing basically all my old screenshots. That failure hurt so I learned the backup lesson in a painful way :(

I played launch too, and I can tell you that the adena and drop rate is borked.

At launch level 40 mobs did not drop 90 adena.  I can tell you that.  I explicitely remember farming ratmen in elven fortress pre 20 because they dropped over 100 adena.  I used to farm the orcs in there with my dwarf because the spoils were really good.

None of that is true now.

Provide PROOOOOF.  Freaking proof.  Or stop spreading this false claim.  I was there.  This is not true.  So if anecdotes are proof, then mine cancels yours.  Meanwhile others have actual proof your statement is wrong, while people in your camp have ZERO actual proof.

7 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

The only thing you could drop was from equipped gear. Your memory is horrible.

I do find it amusing that you think chronicle 4 is the "Old days",,,

Here are some real old days
6L0lL23.jpg

Unfortunately a hard drive failure which resulted in me losing basically all my old screenshots. That failure hurt so I learned the backup lesson in a painful way :(

I have dropped from my own inventory on death. Multiple times, on multiple occasions back during the Prelude and Chronicle 1. FIRST HAND experience. Your memory is the one that is faulty.

Since you want to be all elitist. . .

VTruP10.jpg

I also played during the beta as well via friend's account from February until late April. That was what made me decide to purchase the game once I got moved to my next duty station in late May. Mayhap you shouldn't be so elitist?

As to screenshots, I uploaded mine to photobucket ages ago. Sadly, the damn site has slowly lowered the quality of all saved screenshots over the last 14 years. They really are not the quality site they once were.

Archived