Forums

Classic NA vs EU (Side by side comparison)

Maya

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really appreciate all the effort you have put into the testing.

And yeah rates are horrible.

To me it feels as though NC West tried to make it so VIP4 was the equivalent of x1, but somehow failed - since I'm using VIP status and my drop and adena is still horrifyingly low.

The numbers were around x0.33 at lvl 20-22 but now they feel like x0.25 at lvl 26 and above.

That's just a feeling. I adore the toughness of the game but back in the day we had a choice - farm without soulshots and make more money or farm with soulshots and make less money. Now you don't have a choice. No mob drops enough adena to cover the soulshot costs.

its pretty clear that they made the server with forcing everyone to buy shots from the store till c grade...

which i think after some weed they smoked they didnt realise that there wont be anyone left to play since the majority of the playerbase dont have any motivation 

2 hours ago, airfathaaaaa said:

its pretty clear that they made the server with forcing everyone to buy shots from the store till c grade...

which i think after some weed they smoked they didnt realise that there wont be anyone left to play since the majority of the playerbase dont have any motivation 

True that!

I remember game being difficult long ago.

I did not used ports often, running a lot as the others most of the time, even to get out from TI we were dozens swimming!

Did not using SS to save money in full parties but that was my option, some were using them, but I remember to gradually buy gear from shops, my first full drop was in Gludin Windmill Hill, top NG armor part everyone was amused by the time, but once in Gludin I never stopped ever to use SS (that took nearly a week, yeah xp was hard without those new quests, but money was not that problem), that was around being level 15 or 16, have lost my old screens to check, I found one being level 47 with D grade set and 58 in C Grade, all saves were going for the weapon.

I pretty remember to create the Clan for the first time without any extra help but my wife, I got level 1 and 2 without big issues 1st week level one (thats 100k), second week level 2 (300k), and getting gear, and using shots. My wife was spoiler and landrate were pretty decent, she did a lot on start just selling mats to the stores, for A grade when was placed we already had the ingredients and it was all crafted saving the needs even that I remember some parts being delayed due to hard cost of some mats.

Now this classic version is way too harder, most cant even get income to use ss unless great luck with drops, getting pots is even harder and SOE's / Rez scrolls are just insane...

Also that remind me the long run on my dorf to Giran to get things purchased there to get some profit leaving it with small profit in front of the store, my dorf was very popular by the time :)

Anyway, no matter the differencies between this custom build version of Classic we have on NA and other regions, the custom build changes should have been announced prior to launch. The game is stated be be a 1.5 patch version and as such players made their research based on this statement, and such game version is still within the patchnotes see here

There is no information about any custom made changes to the standard version of the offered product, which would suggest materials/adena rates applied from older versions of the game. There is more other inconsistencies which are a lesser issue to deal with.

The whole point is, that the company NCwest misled their customers with faulty product information and commited a fraud, and should without questions refund anyone who asks for such. Else can face legal problems, and the ground for those is pretty solid.

8 minutes ago, ProGressive said:

Funniest part here.

Mobs which drop top NG weapons around dion, has reduced exp/sp by 10 times, so nobody would farm them :D:D:D

I was hoping that this is a bug... but after all this I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on purpose. It's also affecting some mobs that drop low D weapons.

@Maya Great analysis and as Jeff Bezos says, it takes a truly intelligent person to realize when they have been mistaken and have the courage to be curious enough to investigate alternatives.  Bravo.

About the topic.  XP rates almost don't matter, honestly.  What matters is the drop rate.

This is a function of the Free to Play environment, for those of you who really love that idea. 

I vote we go to pay to play with subscription + aesthetic NCCoin purchases only.  I'm afraid that as long as the game is free the drop rate will remain.  Either that or premium accounts need a 200%+ boost in drop rate to make it playable.  That would also be fine.

Original C1 was no way like this, C1 did not have all those help quests and rewards for newbies, and if i remember correctly, it had no NG SS as well, XP rate was lower than this, it reall took some time to get to level 20 and even more to level 30. Here you get to 20 in about 8 hours tops. With tons of free equipment. Not to mention the free D-Grade armor at 25.

But with this low adena/drop rate, you cant really pay for the SS, and there is really no way to even get the top NG weapon, even if you save all the adena. So personally im finding myselft at level 21, Orc Shaman, with the armor and weapon i got from quests and only 37K adena, and was archived by not buying SS. There is no way to continue, the weapon is below the 64K NG one, the armor dosent matter much right now.

And i did tryied to go group, but that makes things even worse as i gain far too much XP and too little adena.

This is just unbalanced, its made to get you to level 20 fast with all the free equipment and SS, but you will hit a pay wall right after that. And at that point is already too late, you would probably get the top ng by level 35 at this rate. And that again, by not buying SS. C1 was not like this, it was too hard to level, yes, but it had a far more decent adena/drop rate than this.

EDIT: And i almost forgot, i have 37K adena because i did the totem spirit quest like 4 times (it pays you about 4K but takes a really long time), and the Holy Invaders quest pays a little too much, like 1K for 10 Red and 30 Black stones. ANd thats a lot compared to other quests.

2 hours ago, b1gje55e said:

Has there been any official response to the disparity between the two? 

Analysis takes time.
Profitability of nerfed rates VS Player spend Vs Player retention
Profitability of normal rates Vs player spend Vs Player retention

What is best? Money upfront whilst hemorrhaging playerbase OR money over a longer duration whilst maintaining a playerbase.. Its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$
My bet is the former will win. To these greedy companies, its all about quick cash injection rather than the larger picture.

Archived