Forums

Classic NA vs EU (Side by side comparison)

Maya

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem, you're not giving more "help" or "boosting" players by paying for stuff in-game, your GATING and BLOCKING the free players from progressing as the game is designed, or least making their lives miserable, it's a clear pay wall demanding free players or any other player to buy lots of things, in a f2p model you have clear choices to buy different things and always pick whatever you wanna buy without ruining the whole experience or feeling like you couldn't play without it, it's insane how they milk on people's misery and willingness to enjoy the content, not only the in game economy blows but the whole gaming experiece get completely shattered. They could simply make the game "free" with a fair monetization and give a lot of benefits and good things in the store, they rather create pay walls. I've bought already 40$ worth of things, gladly supporting the game, gladly enjoyng the benefits, willingly to get coins over my gameplay but when you see schemes like this your motivation and trust is just smashed... I don't remember playing L2 in the old days with the mindset that any consumable is literally a waste of adena, you can't repay anything you buy except for gear pieces, this game blocks your experience. I wanted a hardcore leveling, hardcore choices, hardcore pve/pvp, everything is fine, but when you have clear walls is just sad, sad because people are hyped to play this server and they'll leave as soon as they realize that anything they wanna do in-game is wasteful unless they pay up with real money (and not cheap).

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

Can't really compare classic EU and NA. EU is p2p with no store while NA follow the other regions where the store is present and also f2p.

The other regions have a much different VIP system though.

jgknUaN.jpg

This is from the Japanese servers. You can see that the item drop rate is DRAMATICALLY increased with their maxed out perk giving a whooping +250% drop rate.

Just now, Gazob1 said:

That's the problem, you're not giving more "help" or "boosting" players by paying for stuff in-game, your GATING and BLOCKING the free players from progressing as the game is designed, or least making their lives miserable, it's a clear pay wall demanding free players or any other player to buy lots of things, in a f2p model you have clear choices to buy different things and always pick whatever you wanna buy without ruining the whole experience or feeling like you couldn't play without it, it's insane how they milk on people's misery and willingness to enjoy the content, not only the in game economy blows but the whole gaming experiece get completely shattered. They could simply make the game "free" with a fair monetization and give a lot of benefits and good things in the store, they rather create pay walls. I've bought already 40$ worth of things, gladly supporting the game, gladly enjoyng the benefits, willingly to get coins over my gameplay but when you see schemes like this your motivation and trust is just smashed... I don't remember playing L2 in the old days with the mindset that any consumable is literally a waste of adena, you can't repay anything you buy except for gear pieces, this game blocks your experience. I wanted a hardcore leveling, hardcore choices, hardcore pve/pvp, everything is fine, but when you have clear walls is just sad, sad because people are hyped to play this server and they'll leave as soon as they realize that anything they wanna do in-game is wasteful unless they pay up with real money (and not cheap).

The issue is that even if you pay you don't get a much better experience. I would be okay with a lot of this if VIP3/4 changed much. But it really doesn't!

14 minutes ago, Maya said:

2€ for the first month of any new account. 10€ for a month after or 25€ for 3 months.

Nobody, but when you launch the game under the same name assumptions are going to be made. Specially when a considerable number of players migrates from EU to NA only to find that they made an uninformed decision and even spent money on it.

Lineage 2 has always been consistent across western regions, with us basically picking servers due to politics/server location rather than an entire different game for each.

Then now you know that you assumed wrong which is your fault. Now if NC Soft stated that their version of Lineage 2 Classic would be the same as EU or KR then that would be a problem. 

9 minutes ago, Juliodmv said:

And who says the rates would be half? Clickbait?

Half of what? Thats the problem. 

People are comparing this version to EU when this is not EU. This is NC Soft West's version of Lineage 2 classic. 

If you dont like it then dont play it. 

2 hours ago, Arthin said:

I hope NCSoft fix this ASAP.

You could always survive leveling and not have great adena or you could go for adena and have a **** time  There were always ways to balance them together.

With these rates you will hit a very visible pay wall.

Paywall isn't going to help you getting or crafting gear. Buying soul-shots and cosmetic helmet won't give me more Adena or mats to buy or craft gear. the time-sink isn't addressed. So if adena drops are 300% less than guess what it's going to take 3 times more TIME to match to classic game-flow. This is absolutely unacceptable and totally not worth the time.

1 minute ago, Mikeha said:

People are comparing this version to EU when this is not EU. This is NC Soft West's version of Lineage 2 classic. 

You know that people can only use the terms "1.0" "1.5" because of the RU/EU versions right? That not comparing them to NA is the weirdest thing you can do as a player of this game.

If you wanna settle for mediocrity by all means burn your soul away at the current game and play devil's advocate for a company that can only tell us "I'll talk to the devs".

13 minutes ago, KABAL said:

That's not the point.

People are used with the "real" Lineage 2 Classic experience, from RU/EU/KR.

There is no "real" Lineage 2 Classic experience. LOL

Again, another person acting like this Classic is supposed to be like another version. Now that you know its not then you have to make the choice if you want to play this version or the "real" versions. :D

Just now, Mikeha said:

Bro, Classic rates are 1x not 0.50x, they said they will give us a classic, not a private server with buffs and forced to paid shots on l2store due low adena rate, get real, also queue for non-vip

Just now, Mikeha said:

Again, another person acting like this Classic is supposed to be like another version. Now that you know its not then you have to make the choice if you want to play this version or the "real" versions. :D

What ?

You make no sense. Just .. stop it. If you are a girl, even more, stop replying to me :)

2 minutes ago, Juliodmv said:

Bro, Classic rates are 1x not 0.50x, they said they will give us a classic, not a private server with buffs and forced to paid shots on l2store due low adena rate, get real, also queue for non-vip

This! basically we're on a private server with 300% nerfed rewards and a paywall for cosmetic crap, buffs and unnecessarily complex VIP or whatever the f#$%

Just now, KABAL said:

What ?

You make no sense. Just .. stop it. If you are a girl, even more, stop replying to me :)

LOL, what part of what I said makes no sense?  

Is this what happens when you dont have a constructive reply?

3 minutes ago, Juliodmv said:

Did they list the rates in the patch notes? What did they say the rates will be for this version of Lineage 2 Classic?

Just now, Mikeha said:

LOL, what part of what I said makes no sense?  

Is this what happens when you dont have a constructive reply?

4 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

I mean, when they release and have 3 Classic's in EU/RU/KR and the 4th release is different then all 3 , and the patch notes DID NOT said anything about the nerfs of drops/adena/spoil , who's the one to blame ?!

I made my choice not play L2 Classic, until they fix this - if they will fix -.

This is my first time playing Classic, and I don't like it at all! So yeah, that's why you make no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, KABAL said:

I mean, when they release and have 3 Classic's in EU/RU/KR and the 4th release is different then all 3 , and the patch notes DID NOT said anything about the nerfs of drops/adena/spoil , who's the one to blame ?!

I made my choice not play L2 Classic, until they fix this - if they will fix -.

This is my first time playing Classic, and I don't like it at all! So yeah, that's why you make no sense to me.

Then uninstall the game and dont play. There are versions of the game that have what you are looking for then why even complain. Go play them.

How much sense did that not make?

1 minute ago, Nssidia said:

This! basically we're on a private server with 300% nerfed rewards and a paywall for cosmetic crap, buffs and unnecessarily complex VIP or whatever the f#$%

This is by far the best topic at the forum, you can see by the like rates, some of us know and play this game for a very long time, me also, i don’t agree with this rates, but sadly we can’t order a multibillionarie company do our will, the time will say who was right here, if nc was so good why they have to merge servers time by time? They are losing people because of their actions, mostly because of the high value of l2 store, most people that enjoy play l2 are not from NA and maybe they dont earn in dollar (that includes me, each dollar where i live its 3.90 of our money)

11 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

Hope you are aware that L2 classic is out there for more then 3 years by now, and people made assumption based on NCwest announcement that client will be 1.5 just with some aspects locked off for the start. Which is all people need to know, based on the released builds in all other regions.
If NCwest planed all those changes to the build, they should have announced it all in proper patchnotes and inform customers about their adjustments to detail. They didnt do so, and hence this boarders with fraud. Its like if you went to a dealer to buy a car, and he hid from you that the engine is custom made by their shop and eats 3x more gas :-P

8 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

Then uninstall the game and dont play. There are versions of the game that have what you are looking for then why even complain. Go play them.

Pathetic, thats not productive in any way, telling players to leave the game they may have invested money in, instead of claiming the correct rates is simple pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

What you don’t get is this, we are at 2018, why don’t make an open beta and ask the players what they can change for a better game experience, they could model the rates better, players help the dev’s to find quest with some issues like what’s happening with the level 15 soulshots reward, why dont make one NPC that exchange ss into bss 1=1?

We dont want to unistall the game as first solution, but in my case I'm not gonna play till this be changed.

We want to be listened, anyone wants a pleasure experience, but we get cheated by NcSoft ...

They just take the new L2 but till lvl 70 and called it L2 Classic, this is not classic, is in front of our eyes, we cant buy a bleeping sword NG or SSNG in the shop because the drop is extremly low (to foment donations ) .. every old school player dont remember a game like this ...

Just think, they announced the server 1 month ago .. 1 MONTH, HOW MUCH WORK CAN THEY DO TO MAKE A QUALITY PRODUCT IN 1 MONTH?

I cant understand i cant .. is ok if NcSoft want money no problem, i work, i have money, i can put money per month, but they destroy the game to get it, WHY ???

WELL, FOR A REASON L2 IS DEAD IN 2018 AND TITLES LIKE WOW CONTINUE MAKING MILLIONS ..

Work for the client or the end will be the same as always.

Sorry for my english ^_^

I see a lot talking about old classic being like this...

Tell me once that you had no money for ng ss/bss just doing regular hunting even with no drops, and yes gatekeepers were paid by the time, so a lot were just running for ages!

I played on Skelth and dont come telling about "omg this is not EU this is the US version" lame talk, the base game is the same for al, now Nc can set a lot of things? Yes they can, do EU server have lots of mobs bugged giving almost none XP on higher areas? No they don't have such bugs.

Everyone get gift to start the game, help from NG to C grade, shadow itens that you need to manage to save money for the real start, what did we got here? A lot of things bugged, xp loss on dead superior for 2 deaths!

You pay on EU and you have a lot of events done and being prepared, those help players to start, here beside nerfed areas and adena drops, we get a lot of things broken, I pushed up my VIP to 4 and was testing vs 2nd account no VIP or anything, the drop rate is the same, all about nothing on both, or you get a lot of luck or you don't see anything but ppl complaining for not being hable to buy ss for 8a in store, how fanboys expect those players buying dss and so on?

What Nc improve with this imo? The pm's we already started to receive from start from adena sellers, that is the real result of this.

I have no clue what went wrong on server launch, don't know if this can be even related, I hope Nc look asap into the bugged areas and recheck the adena rates.

Just don't talk about starter days, telling it was like this most of you were probably playing Tetris by the time not playing L2!

Extra Testing: Spoil

For this test the monster Goblin Brigand was killed roughly around 30 times by both NA and EU. This time NA had a VIP 3 bonus. XP in EU was doubled for some kills because of the level 5 100% XP/SP rune

The characters were level 12 dwarves.

iHI9nnY.jpg

Here are the results

Z57yj7J.jpg

an5IOUt.jpg

Archived