Classic NA vs EU (Side by side comparison)

Maya

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Valdie said:

30 kills and no coal spoil? Even if you would have got 1 coal for 30 mobs that would be 3% spoil rate. That's just really sad. What's the point of playing spoiler?

Honestly this.  Don't have a huge motivation to play my spoiler at all when it isn't even worth it.  Hardly playing at the moment while I wait for some statement on these rates.  Really going to make or break whether I continue playing or not.

This aligns with their push for forcing people into paying for vip to get those silver coins to trade in for mats since spoilers are pretty much useless right now.

We all know how Classic will end in two weeks if they don't fix this.

I know NCSoft needs to make profit, gm and devs need to get paid and this is a business after all.

You thought it would be good idea to screw up the server rates, but in two weeks, when people get stuck on progression, the population will slowly drop until it becomes a ghost town. Players who came from L2 Classic Club (private servers who actually work better than this) will return and Aden and Giran will merge to TI which will be a dead game.

I myself planned to pay NCSofts for things like XP scrolls and cosmetic stuff. But not this way, everyone should progress, if wanted, without paying a single penny. 

In the very least, rates should be normal for everybody, VIP should be an extra, like normal plus x rates.

You've done fukked it up!

1 hour ago, Xandori said:

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but does EU have the VIP status as well, or is that just their default due to charging a monthly sub?

Only a monthly fee.

1 minute ago, Neowiz92 said:

We all know how Classic will end in two weeks if they don't fix this.

I know NCSoft needs to make profit, gm and devs need to get pay and this is a business after all.

You thought it would be good idea to screw up the server rates, but in two weeks, when people get stuck on progression, the population will slowly drop until it becomes a ghost town. Players who came from L2 Classic Club (private servers who actually work better than this) will return and Aden and Giran will merge to TI which will be a dead game.

I myself planned to pay NCSofts for things like XP scrolls and cosmetic stuff. But not this way, everyone should progress, if wanted, without paying a single penny. 

You've done fukked it up!

I too was perfectly fine with paying for XP boosts and cosmetics. Thought I'd be making decisions like "Oh... The prophet is close to 58. Gonna put a 7 days rune on it and focus on leveling it this week." or "OH MY GOD NEW HAT". Silly me :D

@Hime@Juji have anything to say to your costumers? We wont wait for long. 3 days are gone. People 20 + lvl. Today is actually last day. People will see that it is going to be mad gameplay and they just quit.

No hotfix at all. GG WP.

Going to play other popular mmorpg, which listens to their costumers and answers immidetly.

Have fun everyone.

I fed up.

I was assuming the people crying just never played in the original NA servers, because the exp difference wasn't noticeable to me at low levels. The adena drop rate is undeniably nerfed though. Thought it wouldn't be a problem because I'll just make a Scav and craft my own gear, but the Spoil rate is completely ridiculous. And VIP status doesn't even boost spoil rates to match the increase in drops, so they've effectively killed the class and made it a waste of time. There is no progression happening in-game. It's just dying..fast. I can't believe people are acting like it's unreasonable to expect 1x rates. 1x! They would still make just as much money off of XP and drop boosts if rates were original. There is always a race to progress and the hardcore players are going to want to invest in having an advantage regardless of where the starting line is. But it's not worth investing in a game that has no progression and rapidly loses it's free-player base. 

Honestly,are you people surprised?Have you ever played here before?It was clear as day that the NA classic would be pay-to-win.Americans actually like to spend tons of money in computer games just so they can be better at something,lol.

NC west already milked a lot of players and they know that pay-to-win works best for them!Don't waste your breath,you are not going to change anything!

1 hour ago, yum said:

acting as if this is some "gotcha" and NcWest has explaining to do or something is just hilarious my god you people are so entitled and actually trying to guilt trip a company into succumbing to your ridiculous demands you are literally on baby/child tier right now....this is exactly how hardcore lineage 2 is supposed to be, and it's even easier with all the missions and freebies and store it is insane how many people are actually upset about the rates lmao...

Supposed to be? Now this is how you and a very small group of people want it to be. I've yet to see anyone show any proof that this is "exactly what it was like" back in the classic days(and i do remember it was not easy at all but adena/spoils weren't nearly this bad) yet I've seen plenty of proof that the adena drop totals were much better.  If you honestly think this server is going to survive on these rates then you're really just ignorant. 

1 hour ago, Fletaa said:

DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT MAYA PUTS HERE, SHE IS WORKING FOR INNOVA (SKELTH) TO BRING DOWN NA CLASSIC

dfdsf.jpg

it doesnt matter she is saying literally what i keep saying on every thread

the spoil rate is ridiculous and since the spoilers CANT spoil mats and parts it means crafters wont be able to craft things to even sustain themselfs..

thus crafters will drive prices up just so that can be able to sustain shots and heal pots..->thus driving the entire economy to inflation beyond understanding(and since the adena drop is just retarded as spoil rate you can do the math..) because not only we have x3-x4 less (and im sure its bigger but anyways i cant keep comparing it with dropspoil) stuff on the server be it adena or mats but they kept the npc shop prices intact!

so no one will be able to buy what they need for daily usage and we are going to get stuck with no grade weapons for months 

if they didnt knew that this move will destroy the economy literally from the very first weeks i dont know what else to say you destroy the pillar of economy of lineage2 (the dwarfs) you simply destroy the economy

1 hour ago, yum said:

i'd be booty mad too if i spent year at skelth wasting my time with shady innova company, company that literally works hand in hand with RMTers....please go away skelth interests...this is NA and it's FREE TO PLAY...stop whining and creating conspiracy trying to guilt trip ncwest into ruining very genuine and awesome rendition of the true hardcore nature of the original lineage 2, and very much alike the awesome experience of initial korea classic release, all very good things. can't believe the whining...

yes its not like ncsoft doesnt do the same right? remember how long it took them to ban half of nova that was using admin skills? even when they were uploading videos on youtube with their bar skill open for everyone to see they still werent banned...only after people stopped buying shit from the store they managed to do something..

plus its not like ncsoft hasnt done it in the past look at god they nerfed the adena drop and increased in some areas the spoil rate problem is some of those areas sort of happen to be the areas you can create certain rings and necklaces that goes for 1bill each...and its not even hard to make them do the math

lineage2 was never so hardcore EVER the differences between the rest of the classics (not to bleeping mention they provide rates from saviors which have a grade and lots of buffs to help newbies)and REMOVE everything even the mp pots the quests gives and slap it as "true hardcore" is literally lying 

and you know what will happen? there are already vip at 68+ levels with no way of continuing the game because pretty much all of the server is just trying to survive on day to day basis with less than 10k adena to carry through 20 levels everyone will get bored and leave but the money will be on ncsoft pockets..

5 hours ago, Fletaa said:

DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT MAYA PUTS HERE, SHE IS WORKING FOR INNOVA (SKELTH) TO BRING DOWN NA CLASSIC

dfdsf.jpg

LOL.

I have a sense of humor. I spent 30$ on a Chronicle Pack here and I ain't going anywhere until the month is over and by then I hope to god we have a decent Classic experience. I'd very much prefer not paying for subs for my boxes and indulging myself in cosmetics / runes. If I wanted to be playing on EU I would, I have my own issues with it *COUGH*UNBEATABLE CONTENT*COUGH* .

4 hours ago, yum said:

i'd be booty mad too if i spent year at skelth wasting my time with shady innova company, company that literally works hand in hand with RMTers....please go away skelth interests...this is NA and it's FREE TO PLAY...stop whining and creating conspiracy trying to guilt trip ncwest into ruining very genuine and awesome rendition of the true hardcore nature of the original lineage 2, and very much alike the awesome experience of initial korea classic release, all very good things. can't believe the whining...

Repeat the test results and you will wield similar results. Nothing in here has been tempered with. Sorry for looking out for all of us and wanting a better server. Like I said before in this server, you're welcome to settle for mediocrity. Make an open letter to NA saying everything is fine and you love it all.

5 hours ago, WhiteOut said:

Wish there was a stat to show amount of mobs killed for both tests.

Just go ahead and do the test too. Decide on a parameter and execute it side by side in both servers. Takes like 40m tops.

5 hours ago, Fletaa said:

dfdsf.jpg

Funny because for example I kept saying yesterday how mobs got blue before I could get my effing lvl 1 recipe by spoiling. And a single animal bone fragment the whole day. And I was only comparing with the old classic, because I liked leveling dwarfs from 1-20. Today I see the comparison and reminds me of the old times.

It doesn't seem like is working for anyone, else she/he would have a colored name. But in any case, it's besides the point, one has nothing to do with another.

4 hours ago, yum said:

Not sure if sarcastic or real. All my years I've spent during p2p and f2p on ncwest and when I finally gave up I wanted to try the Innova version. You don't know how they butchered the game under NCWest, a version that is already butchered once everywhere by NCSoft devs, until you try EU. The version of NA game wants to get rid of all the ingame methods of farming and gearing up and put all on L2 Store. Not to mention all the bots everywhere all the time. Then you wonder why they had so many merges and now the servers are mostly 'light' for the past year.

It's a more enjoyable experience playing there on EU than here, whatever the definition of enjoyable is because NCSoft murdered a fine game. Of course, everyone is free to do whatever. I'm not telling you where to play or not, just know there are options or at least that NCWest kinda shafted the players, and you don't  have to make excuses for a company that we know it since many years ago.

I'll be streaming live testing later today on my twitch channel since some of you are doubting the findings of these small tests.

https://www.twitch.tv/mayareinhartz

I'll repeat the experiment but this time with Human Mystics to completely remove over-hit out of the action. Can do spoils again too.

The Highlight with the test from beginning to end will be posted here. 9_9

9 hours ago, Krogan said:

Is simple, if the server is more hardcore, the people will need other ways to get his character stronger, so the people will purchase more and more and more... 

The adena/exp rate is very low because THEY WANT THAT THE PEOPLE BUY SS-NG/SS-DG and Xp/Sp Scrolls..

This is a market..

Yeap thats point. This is the marketing they sell P2W, but they have to tell what exactly they sell. When they say 1,5 ppl know the official rates and they buy the product base on that. NCWest has to be clear on what they sell us and then people will decide  if they want it, now most of the ppl feel stupid that they lie too them.

Only if you see Juji on stream you can understand that you cant trust that person.

Archived