Classic NA vs EU (Side by side comparison)

Maya

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SweetBully said:

Hime posted saying issues are being looked at. Not a long read but its in the general discussions area up top with a few other problems listed.

We have to make some noise here, or they are gonna leave it as it is right now.

What does it matter? If you don't like the game a slightly higher "rate" or whatever isn't going to make you happy. Quit trying to ruin the classic server for players that are here for classic. Someone whining that the rates are too low on a "classic" server has the wrong mindset from the beginning. If anything a classic server should skew towards lower rather than higher rates. Players that aren't celebrating low rates are demented.... there are hundreds of crappy MMORPGs out there... go play one. We all know 20,000+ players aren't interested in sticking with a classic for the long term... the numbers will fall, but hopefully they will not ruin the classic server before they go.

And objectively all that's being said is... I want to earn adena and experience faster. Anyone that's filling the message boards for a classic MMORPG with "make the game easier" is dirt as far as I'm concerned. You're also looking at spoiler sites, so you're a cheater through and through. You don't enjoy the game, I repeat, you don't enjoy the game, a classic server is not for you. Go away.

Also this is just phase 1 of the population reduction. The players complaining about rate this, rate that, etc. will be the first to leave. They are realizing that this is not the game for them. The worst mistake NCSoft could make would be to listen to them. 

20 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

And objectively all that's being said is... I want to earn adena and experience faster. Anyone that's filling the message boards for a classic MMORPG with "make the game easier" is dirt as far as I'm concerned. You're also looking at spoiler sites, so you're a cheater through and through. You don't enjoy the game, I repeat, you don't enjoy the game, a classic server is not for you. Go away.

Hello RMT :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

Also this is just phase 1 of the population reduction. The players complaining about rate this, rate that, etc. will be the first to leave. They are realizing that this is not the game for them. The worst mistake NCSoft could make would be to listen to them. 

I have been here from the first N/A beta (pre-wipe). I have quit multiple times but I always end up coming back. Life and things outside of the game is the leading cause of me quitting.

I know the classic experience and this isn't the classic experience. The adena rate is a fraction of the rate I experienced in prelude beta. I was richer back in beta when I had no idea wtf I was doing than I am now. I barely had enough adena to buy one spell book on my oracle when I needed multiple. This is silly bad.

Birthdays of the accounts I paid for during retail.

6L0lL23.jpg

I'm here to experience the game from a fresh start with a better UI. To experience a time when the game wasn't ruled by credit card warriors. Although honestly the early days were ruled by people who used bots/scripts so I'm hoping that doesn't become an issue again. I am fine with the reduced XP but the adena/spoil/drops need fixed.

Yeah, yeah blah blah. You're asking them to make the game easier. You are enemy number one of a classic server. Also you should know that they are very busy right now. The last thing a classic server needs is a large staff. Too many chefs spoil the broth. They've released it, now play it. It's good enough, and if you stop looking at spoiler sites and put away the calculator you may enjoy yourself.

15 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

Yeah, yeah blah blah. You're asking them to make the game easier. You are enemy number one of a classic server. Also you should know that they are very busy right now. The last thing a classic server needs is a large staff. Too many chefs spoil the broth. They've released it, now play it. It's good enough, and if you stop looking at spoiler sites and put away the calculator you may enjoy yourself.

yes make the game easier because having the shop prices at normal while the adena reduced x4 is very senile decision right? and where we use to work x4 times less back in the day now we need to choose between leveling our toons or make infinite alts and spend our days doing 5 adena quests in the hope that one day we will be able to have enough bssd and ssd to sustain our selfs...

and im not even talking about heal pots alacrities and or even soe..

not to mention that the way drop rates and spoil rates are they essentially have killed all the archers all the dwarfs and all the summoners except dark elf one..

51 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

yes make the game easier because having the shop prices at normal while the adena reduced x4 is very senile decision right? and where we use to work x4 times less back in the day now we need to choose between leveling our toons or make infinite alts and spend our days doing 5 adena quests in the hope that one day we will be able to have enough bssd and ssd to sustain our selfs...

and im not even talking about heal pots alacrities and or even soe..

not to mention that the way drop rates and spoil rates are they essentially have killed all the archers all the dwarfs and all the summoners except dark elf one..

Sounds like you don't cut it in classic L2. You are a "surplus" player then...and I for one am happy to cut you loose... those 500 man queues are a killer. Fact is no one has any hard data what the experience, etc. was in 2004, not that it would matter, they'd just find another excuse to have the game made easier if they did, and also NCSoft never said this was exactly like any certain version of Lineage 2, nor should we care, and if it is harder than the EU that is a good thing, not a bad thing. NA players have a reputation for being weak...like you. Go away, I say, go away,

21 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

Sounds like you don't cut it in classic L2. You are a "surplus" player then...and I for one am happy to cut you loose... those 500 man queues are a killer. Fact is no one has any hard data what the experience, etc. was in 2004, not that it would matter, they'd just find another excuse to have the game made easier if they did, and also NCSoft never said this was exactly like any certain version of Lineage 2, nor should we care, and if it is harder than the EU that is a good thing, not a bad thing. NA players have a reputation for being weak...like you. Go away, I say, go away,

Oh Honey, I think you forgot to take your meds again. Go back to your grinding and let the grown ups talk. 

Adena is low because they want a massive rift between players. To further encourage purchases. Gear Inc to cash shop very soon with these rates. By design. Has nothing to do with hardcore or "classic" gameplay. Only dollars matter.

23 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

Fact is no one has any hard data what the experience, etc. was in 2004,

We have quite a lot of hard data and there was this thing called the internet that existed back in 2004.

For example here is the digital version of a print guide you could buy back then.
http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

You can also find relevant data on other sites including a wikia related one via google. You can also compare the drops we get directly with the other official classic servers. The noticeably lower Adena drop will be the first thing to catch your eye To get a good feel for drops I'd suggest at least 100 units farmed and then tallied (preferably much more).

34 minutes ago, pkpkpk said:

no one has hard data about c1? 

lol ok i wont bother anymore you are either a troll or a paid shill you cant be that naive thinking that noone played this game while we have provide insane data screenshots and videos from back then

l2.dropspoil is literally l2wh database anything relevant from that era is there

23 hours ago, HandsVSkills said:

There are 15.000 more ppl who will play . And we are not gonna miss you . 

lol.. people who say that usually are the 1st one to cry out "What happened to population.. No reason to play here all left :O" and then they quit.. gg

the word Classic is used as a promo mostly, this Server as long EU classic are not the real Classics as back on 2004 for many reasons.

the correct word would be New SEASONED Lineage 2 redesigned (or as marketing would say "NEW POLISHED FUN HC Experience) 

But why say all these?? just Classic and hello $$, Is good to be hyped about something but really paying it w/o 1st testing it is pretty dumb guys .. rly.

BTW, about the servers comparison you should add that on Skelth when launched 3 years ago all Teleport required Adena to use them, so that was huge Adena sink.. of course one had always the option to run from one location to another.. :) In NA all teleport between towns are free

3 hours ago, airfathaaaaa said:

Pardon my lame question, been long years since I played L2 - why are dark elf summoners different in this regard?

I tend to think freemium should have the original 1x rate as advertised. That would serve to sustain large enough player base. Otherwise players run into problems like we have now and will drop. The idea of f2p is that you can first play and if you like it, then pay. That is not working now and wouldn't in future unless the xp gaines is alligned with adena gained and drops/spoils...whatever that rate is.

VIP levels would then be getting rates above that, like they do now.

Just my 0.02$ though...

Archived