Classic NA vs EU (Side by side comparison)

Maya

8 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

You guys have some pretty good ideas on player progression, making a game enjoyable. Are you guys sure you're not game designers? If you are, then why not open your own server if you guys know what you're talking  about or sending your resumes to NCsoft? Maybe ncsoft can hire you 

And if you're not, what qualifications do you guys have for making an educated opinion on game design choices? I would really love to hear your thoughts on them.

They're expressing their opinions just like you are.

You don't have to be a professional games designer to give an opinion about a game that has issues that spoil your enjoyment.

There are obvious problems with the game, even top AoE parties hitting levels 38+ don't have the materials to make a decent D grade weapon or set of amour for any one of their members. Is that working as intended in your opinion?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Avocado said:

Thank you very much for your effort! NA business scheme is frustrating. I personally lost motivation to play on this server because NCSoft has these hidden schemas to make money from players. They are not honest. 

Subscription is better imho, I wish Skelth allowed NA players. 

ditto...

Wish I could play on Skelth also, found that out a year or two ago..

24 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

You guys have some pretty good ideas on player progression, making a game enjoyable. Are you guys sure you're not game designers? If you are, then why not open your own server if you guys know what you're talking  about or sending your resumes to NCsoft? Maybe ncsoft can hire you 

And if you're not, what qualifications do you guys have for making an educated opinion on game design choices? I would really love to hear your thoughts on them.

I wish this forum had "face palm" reaction. How can be you so dense and not get the point of this thread? 

Not sure but is just a thought.
NA server is 1,5 version and EU is 2+ not sure, maybe at later versions the xp is bigger because the server is already on for some time so the new player can catch the old.
Maybe is not like this and NCwest @@ us.
Any1 that have play both version before can confirm is the xp was the same ?

BTW very nice post

SunnyD, thanks for sharing your opinion, but do you really think that people who spend no money on these servers will be able to make progress in the game?  My guess is that most will quit in discouragement.  I guess we'll find out pretty quickly if they don't change the drop/adena/spoil/exp rates. 

4 minutes ago, Dr00py said:

NA server is 1,5 version and EU is 2+ not sure, maybe at later versions the xp is bigger because the server is already on for some time so the new player can catch the old.

just have to read the patch notes, the only major adena/xp/sp/drops/spoil balance change was 1.0 to 1.5, all the other ones just fix minor issues and buff most mid-high lvl zones

11 minutes ago, Valdie said:

They're expressing their opinions just like you are.

You don't have to be a professional games designer to give an opinion about a game that has issues that spoil your enjoyment.

Very good answer, 

But, to illustrate my plight one must draw on several sources for one’s illustrations in defense of him, like a painter combining two or more animals into a goat-stag or similar monster. Suppose the following to be the state of affairs on board ship or ships. The captain is larger and stronger than any of the crew, but a bit deaf and short-sighted, and similarly limited in seamanship. The crew are all quarreling about how to navigate the ship, each thinking he ought to be at the helm; they have never learned the art of navigation and cannot say that anyone ever taught it them, or that they spend any time studying it; indeed they say it can’t be taught and are ready to murder anyone who says it can. They spend all their time milling round the captain and doing all they can to get him to give them the helm. If one faction is more successful than another, their rivals may kill them and throw them overboard, lay out the honest captain with drugs or drink or in some other way, take control of the ship, help themselves to what’s on board, and turn the voyage into the sort of drunken pleasure-cruise you would expect. Finally, they reserve their admiration for the man who knows how to lend a hand in controlling the captain by force or fraud; they praise his seamanship and navigation and knowledge of the sea and condemn everyone else as useless. They have no idea that the true navigator must study the seasons of the year, the sky, the stars, the winds and all the other subjects appropriate to his profession if he is to be really fit to control a ship; and they think that it’s quite impossible to acquire the professional skill needed for such control (whether or not they want it exercised) and that there’s no such thing as an art of navigation. With all this going on aboard aren’t the sailors on any such ship bound to regard the true navigator as a word-spinner and a star-gazer, of no use to them at all?

7 minutes ago, Koijhy said:

is simple
VIP =  x1 exp and x1 drop rate

free= 0.75 exp and 0,25 drop rate

pay to win or get stuck

with vip 4 u must be get 1,5 rates not like now 0,75 with vip.Spoil and adena drop 0,25.....

the best post ever! I don't even want to mention the "upsy" disconnects for people that wait in the queue, the website is bugged all around, gamed is bugged all around. And I paid 60$ for what? Even classic private server ".club" had better launch and stable servers than this. It's ridiculous beyond thought, we are taken for fools and that is for sure.

xp loss on death 10-14% , and not fixed, amazing !

I will probably ask for a refund as they did not deliver.

17 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

Very good answer, 

But, to illustrate my plight one must draw on several sources for one’s illustrations in defense of him, like a painter combining two or more animals into a goat-stag or similar monster. Suppose the following to be the state of affairs on board ship or ships. The captain is larger and stronger than any of the crew, but a bit deaf and short-sighted, and similarly limited in seamanship. The crew are all quarreling about how to navigate the ship, each thinking he ought to be at the helm; they have never learned the art of navigation and cannot say that anyone ever taught it them, or that they spend any time studying it; indeed they say it can’t be taught and are ready to murder anyone who says it can. They spend all their time milling round the captain and doing all they can to get him to give them the helm. If one faction is more successful than another, their rivals may kill them and throw them overboard, lay out the honest captain with drugs or drink or in some other way, take control of the ship, help themselves to what’s on board, and turn the voyage into the sort of drunken pleasure-cruise you would expect. Finally, they reserve their admiration for the man who knows how to lend a hand in controlling the captain by force or fraud; they praise his seamanship and navigation and knowledge of the sea and condemn everyone else as useless. They have no idea that the true navigator must study the seasons of the year, the sky, the stars, the winds and all the other subjects appropriate to his profession if he is to be really fit to control a ship; and they think that it’s quite impossible to acquire the professional skill needed for such control (whether or not they want it exercised) and that there’s no such thing as an art of navigation. With all this going on aboard aren’t the sailors on any such ship bound to regard the true navigator as a word-spinner and a star-gazer, of no use to them at all?

I get your point, and I appreciate the analogy.

If this was their first voyage then I would defer full support to NCWest and have some faith in their expertise. Unfortunately, I've been on a few of their ships (Teon, Naia etc) and they didn't listen to the players who were telling them that those voyagers were off course and they've ended up like the Titanic. From past experience I can see that this ship is heading for an iceberg and I don't blame players that are boarding the lifeboats already.

I hope I'm wrong, time will tell.

26 minutes ago, Dr00py said:

BTW very nice post

It's not though. Classic in Korea and Japan is updated with small patches every now and then, the only place that had these 1.0 1.5 patches has been RU/EU(under the same publisher). We have features that came from the newest update(Daily Quests that award million XP scrolls via the Missions) indicating that this is not an old build.

13 minutes ago, SunnyD said:

Very good answer, 

You put too much faith into NCSOFT. Comparing this community to the ones from other games... We just never see the developers personally acknowledge our concerns. We need intermediaries(publishers) that are in touch with them rather than having a global forums for the entire Lineage 2 player base to use and communicate. Please understand that we receive a localized version of the game, with changes based on what they think we want/suits us better and then the experience gets tailored to that impression and they have misjudged what we wanted several times in the past, too many in fact.

------------------------------------------------------

Please stop insulting each other or we'll end up having the thread locked.

I .. like NcSoft for having games such as Lineage 2 and Aion ( Aion being one of my fav when it was P2P ). 

Now, I also defended, and I am..still do it sometimes , NcSoft , but...I seriously can't play like this. I have 3 chars including a spoiler and the adena/drop/spoil is .... pathetic.Today I barely played for 1 hour. I am level 22 and I just spend all my adena for 2k shots on my spoiler, since the account on my DPS had 241 ncoins, I used them for NSS. So that says a lot about the current Lineage 2 classic economy.

Lineage 2 is all about economy, buy/sell/spoil/craft , much more when a server just started. Now , we have none of this. We just fight mobs with no fcking brain. I can't say : Hm, let me go level AND spoil in this place as the spoil is pretty good here. Nope. Can't. All I can say is "If I get no decent spoil/drop in 1 hour , I'm out of shots".

I refuse to login and just go to kill mobs ONLY to afford SOME shots. I made a good plan before servers were live. To craft, to spoil, xp , etc. I mean, I love to farm just as much as the guy next to me, but .. 10/15 adena drops and 2/3 out of .. 20/30 mobs to spoil which yes, is that Varnish which you waited it for so long, makes the whole experience very weak. 

Yes, I even paid for 3 packs for all my chars. I am not sorry for purchasing them, but I am kinda sad that we didn't knew what to expect in the beginning. A PTR would have been a MUST, since people would of give feedback and necessary steps would of been taken for ensure the launch feels O.K.

Actually, this is all we are asking. An O.K Classic server. 

I'll come and play again only after you fix this. 

And .. sooner is better then later since, nostalgia can be a bici sometimes.

1 hour ago, SunnyD said:

But is Lineage 2 EU FREE to play? can you login 3 accounts for FREE? and how much does it cost you to pay for 3 accounts in Lineage 2 EU?

1 hour ago, RickRoss said:

For monkeys like you who can't read and watch only screens 

To acquire VIP Level 4 one must spend 50$ and sustain it monthly by spending at least 15$. Per account. 

To even be allowed to play in EU one must pay a 10€ subscription or a 25€ three-month subscription fee.

From what I remembered it was like around 9 euros for main account and like 2 euros for each alt account. someone can correct me here but i think i remember it right.

Just now, beleaua said:

From what I remembered it was like around 9 euros for main account and like 2 euros for each alt account. someone can correct me here but i think i remember it right.

2€ for the first month of any new account. 10€ for a month after or 25€ for 3 months.

Just now, Mikeha said:

What I dont get is who says NA is supposed to be the same as EU?

Nobody, but when you launch the game under the same name assumptions are going to be made. Specially when a considerable number of players migrates from EU to NA only to find that they made an uninformed decision and even spent money on it.

Lineage 2 has always been consistent across western regions, with us basically picking servers due to politics/server location rather than an entire different game for each.

Just now, Mikeha said:

What I dont get is who says NA is supposed to be the same as EU?

That's not the point.

People are used with the "real" Lineage 2 Classic experience, from RU/EU/KR.

Now, in the situation we are - everything nerfed by a lot - , people will of course compare NA with the rest of the versions and are already to the conclusion that they can barely play in NA version. 

This IS my first experience with L2 Classic, and let me tell you that I hate the nerfed adena/drop/spoil. 

Is simple, if the server is more hardcore, the people will need other ways to get his character stronger, so the people will purchase more and more and more... 

The adena/exp rate is very low because THEY WANT THAT THE PEOPLE BUY SS-NG/SS-DG and Xp/Sp Scrolls..

This is a market..

JUST MAKE THIS SHIT PTP LIKE WOW ...

Archived