Mortal Blow

sxsilver

Is the Mortal Blow skill supposed to be a 50/50 to hit? It doesn't exactly say I miss it just says I use the skill and nothing happens. Every other skill hits every time so when I started using it I was very confused....unless theres a "this skill sucks at accuracy" hidden mod

Thanks

It depends on DEX and your level in comparison to mob's level.

Just did some tests on LIVE server with +12 DEX which increased the land rate for ~26.04%. There is a big chance that this works the same on Classic as well.

Moreover, most likely STR also increases Critical Dmg. I did a poor test with STR +1 which increased Blow skill Dmg for ~1%. I will do a proper test when it will be possible.

6 hours ago, Ezzie said:

It depends on DEX and your level in comparison to mob's level.

Just did some tests on LIVE server with +12 DEX which increased the land rate for ~26.04%. There is a big chance that this works the same on Classic as well.

Moreover, most likely STR also increases Critical Dmg. I did a poor test with STR +1 which increased Blow skill Dmg for ~1%. I will do a proper test when it will be possible.

I mean... that proves literally nothing. The DEX test was made on LIVE. The part about it working on classic is nothing more than a guess. Calling it a "big chance" is what people consider "talking out of your ass". It's not based on any kind of evidence whatsoever.

It's not clear if the STR test was made on LIVE or Classic. If on LIVE, then the issue is the same as in the case of the DEX test. If it was on Classic, then the question is, how is the damage of the dagger skills calculated? Is it a constant number every time you use it on the same target or is there a variance in damange dealt, just like with auto attacks and other phyiscal skills? I never tried daggers on classic, so I don't know, but if there is a variance, then 1% increased damage is well within the margin of error to draw any kind of conclusions from that.

In essence mortal blow, and later on other special attacks from daggers can miss quite a bit. That's why in C2 they added "might mortal" SA to the weapons to increase land rate but daggers then also bypassed heavy armor tanks and could 2 shot everyone. Not sure how SA will be handled later here, but I would say if they implement might mortal again that would be sweet. Other than that some skills will miss like that, but when they connect they can overhit and cause massive damage. I would think that daggers are going to be a bit weak at first until later on when other skills are added or might mortal is implemented again along with other SAs on weapons.

Archived