[POLL] Will you keep playing if rates stay this way?

Awep

3 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

Lie. They clairly said that the 50% affected only the drop of items, not the adena or spoil. They literally said it, that the adena drop wasnt affected by vip status

I actually just re read the comment I replied to and nowhere did it say anything but "rate" so I was informing them that the only rate it increased was drops, not adena. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devylin said:

Percentage wise - this is a pretty good indicator. National polls are done with 1500 people.

yea but national polls take into consideration the sample of the population to be chosen with scientific criteria.

I think that Forum is not a representative sample of the people that play.

Although i agree that they have to fix the adena rates to something normal like for example how it was on Skelth when it started.

17 hours ago, Dr1MaR said:

the amount of carebears in this community is saddening. Came for hardcore and complaining about rates. will be really dissapointed if they switch rates next week. That will be a massive failure from NCSOFT. This rates are intended this way. I won't believe that the developers bleeped up the rates on accident and never tested it. 

Awww how naive, so cute...

ignorance is happiness everyone

4 hours ago, Sinkest said:

I was saying his reply specifically to me quoting what I said was talking about something completely different than what he was quoting me for...Just.. Nevermind. 

I was just pointing out the stupidity of your comments, i didnt stayed out of the argue. You showed your true colors, that you dont care that the drop rates of items and adena are low but you just want them to be added and increased in the VIP status so that you can pay to win. You literally said it.

Bye bye pay2win guy,

3 hours ago, existenz said:

yea but national polls take into consideration the sample of the population to be chosen with scientific criteria.

I think that Forum is not a representative sample of the people that play.

Although i agree that they have to fix the adena rates to something normal like for example how it was on Skelth when it started.

The fact that people still believe this poll isn't indicative of the public opinion is just silly. People don't only come to the forums to complain. People are here to ask questions about quests, bugs, looking for clans, and the list goes on. These results can almost certainly be applied to the community as a whole and to continue to suggest that we are simply an "unhappy minority" is ignorant. When the servers are deserted we will see which of us was truly in the minority. 

16 hours ago, Valdie said:

Well, I have the weekend off work and planned to play all weekend but I've put down the game for now. Thankfully I haven't spent any money on it like I had planned. 

I'm kind of a casual. I do play 8+ hours a day sometimes (I actually enjoy the grind if its rewarding - I'll happily take a BH out and spoil for hours if there's anything to spoil) but I do have a work schedule and I'm not CP minded. I'm happy to put the time in and grind away (I think the XP curve seems fine here tbh) but I'm not enjoying repeating spider quests and I don't find any enjoyment in hunting without soul shots - for little gain. I can imagine I'm a middle of the road L2 player and that the majority of players trying this version out are too.

What I have observed are people that are making the game in its current state work and they are mainly CPs (AoE parties) that have come from other servers. I think they have something to prove to other clans from other servers re-rolling here so they are motivated to keep going for that alone. Or, they are here to enjoy some low level PvP away from their dead farming servers. Whatever the reason, I'm glad that the game is playable for them but I do believe that they are the only ones who have reason right now to put up with the blatant issues in this implementation and continue playing.

This isn't about not liking hardcore or whatever someone's definition of this Frankenstein's version this is, its about valuing ones time and not getting reeled in by a blatantly purposefully inconvenient version of the game. I already had severe apprehensions about the cash shop and now that we are discovering mismatching/doctored adena, drop and spoil rates, I've decided to cut my losses and not waste any more time on the game in its current state. I firmly believe that the majority of players will be thinking exactly the same come the end of next week - and that will be too late for NCWest to turn things around.

Agreed! I'm freezing my accounts till they "fix" all the bugs and stop being so greedy!!

I can't stress this comment enough. this is nowhere near L2 classic. This is heavily nerfed custom server. 

Based on the Skelth XP curve it took 429,634,528 xp to hit 70 in the original L2 while in the current L2 classic it will take 3,041,801,165. That equates to .14x my friend so if in addition to this the mobs are actually giving 75% of what they gave on retail then the practical xp rate would be .10x or 10 times harder than it was previously. Whether it be .14x or .10x its disgusting. 

You guys made me register in here to reply a few words. I am quite old now, I was playing Lineage 2 since chornicle 2 and now returned to try my favourite game from childhood. This is the game I wanted it to be. This is real hardcore and even if I am sure that mostly young players will leave server, I hope Admin team wont change rates. I have family now and my business, I can play like 5-10hrs a week max, sometimes I wont be able to log for a week, but I love the game as it is. I am now lvl 20, I have normal gear, I have 150k adena in inventory, I havent donated anything. I am not using soul/spiritshots during solo farm, its normal, used to it. Its very similiar game it used to be. Its normal to play without buffs, without shots, its normal (for me) to wait a year to get lvl 40. But players spoiled by new chronicles and private servers would never appreatie the hardcore game. So please, dont change the rates, its problem of players they cant save money, they cant buy staff. If you change rates, you may keep them on server for a little longer, but there will be another difficulties in future and they will start moaning again. If you dont want to change setting of server everytime players struggle leveling, you will loose those players anyway, its just matter of time. I dont mean this any bad to you guys, I understand you, but you should leave, this is not server for you, this is server for players, for are able to play hardcore. There is many players like me, we play the game, we dont go to forum so it may looks like everyone want a change, but no. Most of players in game are in game, because they like the game. This is just my opinion, I dont know anything about random bans and other staff, it may be serious problem which deserves to be solves asap, but I dont read forum to I dont want to say anything about it. This message is mainly for Admin team, I probably wont log into forum for a weeks, so I will not answer any questions related to this post. Have a nice day guys.

8 minutes ago, Warendo said:

You guys made me register in here to reply a few words. I am quite old now, I was playing Lineage 2 since chornicle 2 and now returned to try my favourite game from childhood. This is the game I wanted it to be. This is real hardcore and even if I am sure that mostly young players will leave server, I hope Admin team wont change rates. I have family now and my business, I can play like 5-10hrs a week max, sometimes I wont be able to log for a week, but I love the game as it is. I am now lvl 20, I have normal gear, I have 150k adena in inventory, I havent donated anything. I am not using soul/spiritshots during solo farm, its normal, used to it. Its very similiar game it used to be. Its normal to play without buffs, without shots, its normal (for me) to wait a year to get lvl 40. But players spoiled by new chronicles and private servers would never appreatie the hardcore game. So please, dont change the rates, its problem of players they cant save money, they cant buy staff. If you change rates, you may keep them on server for a little longer, but there will be another difficulties in future and they will start moaning again. If you dont want to change setting of server everytime players struggle leveling, you will loose those players anyway, its just matter of time. I dont mean this any bad to you guys, I understand you, but you should leave, this is not server for you, this is server for players, for are able to play hardcore. There is many players like me, we play the game, we dont go to forum so it may looks like everyone want a change, but no. Most of players in game are in game, because they like the game. This is just my opinion, I dont know anything about random bans and other staff, it may be serious problem which deserves to be solves asap, but I dont read forum to I dont want to say anything about it. This message is mainly for Admin team, I probably wont log into forum for a weeks, so I will not answer any questions related to this post. Have a nice day guys.

exp rates are fine. But you will hit a wall and wont be able afford c-grade with these rates . L2 is much better with a large community - if you want a large community the game needs to be fun, the game isnt fun when you are level 40 with a nograde weapon or if you are extremely lucky, you might have gotten a drop.

its either you pay real money for soulshots or you have 150k adena like yourself, wow 150k adena great.

I remember being lvl 50 with low D gr, its normal to have lower equip. I am prepared to play till lvl 30-40 in no-gr, if I wont be some lucky on full drop or something. I was some streams on youtube, there are parties in D gr, lvl 35+. Server runs a few days, its great, everything is fine, its hardcore, but we went here for a hardcore game, right? :-)

2 minutes ago, Warendo said:

I remember being lvl 50 with low D gr, its normal to have lower equip. I am prepared to play till lvl 30-40 in no-gr, if I wont be some lucky on full drop or something. I was some streams on youtube, there are parties in D gr, lvl 35+. Server runs a few days, its great, everything is fine, its hardcore, but we went here for a hardcore game, right? :-)

im in a level 35 aoe group - the most efficient adena / exp way to grind . we are in no - grade. If we cannot get d-grade without being so extremely lucky then the duo's, trio's melee groups will never be able to afford it. the bulk of the community who is free 2 play will quit, because its just not fun. there are no parties in full d-grade even if they are 40+. 

You will need to start paying for teleports at 40, you will need to start getting spellbook drops.

You will quit, they will quit. You dont see the ramifications and you might think its fine while ur getting free newbie gear, but it will end.

you are seeing this game with rose glasses and no matter what people provide with evidence you will refute.

Just now, Warendo said:

If you were lv50 with low d grade in 2004-2005 then you were horrible at this game.

Getting full low-mid D grade at 32 was really simple (without alts) and by the time you completed the quests for the 2nd class change you would be able to afford at least the low C grade weapon, the one for around 3m.

I vividly remember farming in ant nest in a small 4 man party and getting up to around 100 adena from the fat ants.

Here normal 30lv mobs dont even drop a 100 adena if you solo them.

Yea, I used to be a bad player. Look, I didnt expect to have free teleports even before lvl 40, I was running everywhere till lvl 18 before I found out, its free. It was totaly normal for me to run to neutral zone from Gludio and Elven Village, because that is the game I remmember. I like playing at lvl 10, I like playing at lvl 20 and I will also like playing at lvl 30, why to rush anywhere? You think that if you dont like being lvl 20, u start having fun at lvl 30? The game is almost the same on every lvl, you just do different quests and monsters looks different, but the core of the game is the same on every lvl.

Archived