Jump to content
HairyLoco

Kinda lost in the Adena void

Recommended Posts

HairyLoco    0

Dear everyone,

So my friend and I both got to level 20 on our main characters, and we're kinda stumped. Essentially, level 20+ areas are too hard for us to reliably do without popping a potion every single fight. I've levelled a Human Wizard to 19 now, who is going to be a Cleric, and she's following our characters every now and then for heal support as well. However right now we're basically out of adena and out of soulshots. At the same time we also realised our gear expires in 3 days. We basically don't have the funds to get a new shirt and pants. Then there's also the matter of D grade equipment. Which, for a low D grade weapon, will cost us 490.000 adena. 

Long story short, we don't even have adena for Soulshots or No Grade gear, let alone D grade. We're at a complete loss as to how to progress. Our current plans are to slowly level a group of buffers so that we'll get strong enough to reach level 25 and do the D grade gear quest, but at the same time we're also not certain we can make that in time (workweek starting, we'll be very busy). So do you all have advice for us? 

On the topic of clans - I've made my own small clan for my friends and I - we don't exactly plan on joining any other.

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Missa    8

Oh men, this is why I dont like NCSOFT, people like u, no offence, new comers, they dont understand, they come, they lvl up, waste adena on SS, and then they ( you ) just leave, because NCSOFT failed..I'm sorry for u. But u dont have to waste adena on SS, u have to farm quest with adena. And advice for me, just wait for fix, if rates will be changed, have fun playing, it will be much more easier, for now, just relax. You wont like this game ( this experience ) since it is just broken. They should have made that when u hit lvl 20 u would afford some mid non grade weapon + armor and ss and lvl up peacefully. But as I said, they failed, and we all dont get it. :(
so yea, just wait for fix and chill in other games or smth else.

Edited by Missa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HairyLoco    0
8 minutes ago, Missa said:

Oh men, this is why I dont like NCSOFT, people like u, no offence, new comers, they dont understand, they come, they lvl up, waste adena on SS, and then they ( you ) just leave, because NCSOFT failed..I'm sorry for u. But u dont have to waste adena on SS, u have to farm quest with adena. And advice for me, just wait for fix, if rates will be changed, have fun playing, it will be much more easier, for now, just relax. You wont like this game ( this experience ) since it is just broken. They should have made that when u hit lvl 20 u would afford some mid non grade weapon + armor and ss and lvl up peacefully. But as I said, they failed, and we all dont get it. :(
so yea, just wait for fix and chill in other games or smth else.

Oh, please don't get me wrong, we're very much enjoying the game ^^

Our main issue/concern is that we don't quite know how to progress, haha! Right now we're farming golems and goblins, for a SoE and Adena quest respectively. The adena payout is not much, but it's something :) 

It's just a bit, frustrating is overstating it but I don't know how else to describe it, when we see people buying/selling top NG's (that cost 280k) while we're not even able to get settled in low-no grade. 

As far as adena quests go, I see you recommend not using Soulshots at all. I can dig that, I've stopped using them when I ran out at level 18. The next thing then is, which Adena quest would be most recommended? Right now we're getting about 1500 adena per hour, drops and quest reward included.

Thanks for the reply anyway :D

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Missa    8
1 hour ago, HairyLoco said:

Oh, please don't get me wrong, we're very much enjoying the game ^^

Our main issue/concern is that we don't quite know how to progress, haha! Right now we're farming golems and goblins, for a SoE and Adena quest respectively. The adena payout is not much, but it's something :) 

It's just a bit, frustrating is overstating it but I don't know how else to describe it, when we see people buying/selling top NG's (that cost 280k) while we're not even able to get settled in low-no grade. 

As far as adena quests go, I see you recommend not using Soulshots at all. I can dig that, I've stopped using them when I ran out at level 18. The next thing then is, which Adena quest would be most recommended? Right now we're getting about 1500 adena per hour, drops and quest reward included.

Thanks for the reply anyway :D

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

depends on your race. If you are orc, I suggets you to hunt bear, but u need to take quest in village ( sorry Im can't link that quest right now ) same for dark elf village. Others vilages for human, dwarfs i can't say, dont know. Tomorrow when I will be online, I can write u pm with SS and show u where those quest can be taken.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iTato    4

just do as much as you can, spider quest or something like that. or just play another game until they fix this fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadeX    11

It's not your problem friend, they cut the rates in purpose for you to buy ncoins and progress in the game that's why you're at lv 20 with a low ng weapon without SS because you can't afford them, all these ppl still defending this clown fiesta are either extremely dumb or are bots from ncsoft because I don't see how anybody can defend this cash grab machine.

Edited by ShadeX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VerCenn    16
2 hours ago, HairyLoco said:

Dear everyone,

So my friend and I both got to level 20 on our main characters, and we're kinda stumped. Essentially, level 20+ areas are too hard for us to reliably do without popping a potion every single fight. I've levelled a Human Wizard to 19 now, who is going to be a Cleric, and she's following our characters every now and then for heal support as well. However right now we're basically out of adena and out of soulshots. At the same time we also realised our gear expires in 3 days. We basically don't have the funds to get a new shirt and pants. Then there's also the matter of D grade equipment. Which, for a low D grade weapon, will cost us 490.000 adena. 

Long story short, we don't even have adena for Soulshots or No Grade gear, let alone D grade. We're at a complete loss as to how to progress. Our current plans are to slowly level a group of buffers so that we'll get strong enough to reach level 25 and do the D grade gear quest, but at the same time we're also not certain we can make that in time (workweek starting, we'll be very busy). So do you all have advice for us? 

On the topic of clans - I've made my own small clan for my friends and I - we don't exactly plan on joining any other.

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

Im pretty sure that if you made the leveling quest chains, you were provided with a novice low-ng weapon and armor, and Im possitive those do not expire after 7 days.

Regarding adena, yeah, the exp to adena ratio is bleeped up, best advise would be spamming spider nest quest, or getting in a 9-man semi-afk group, where you dont really need to use ss/pots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawfer    3

if you're around 20 ,you can do grimm collector quest, in gludio to hunt zombies, skeletons etc, you talk with curtis, then with samed witch is hidding around nearby (in the town) then going to ruins of agony and ruins of despair , kill undead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aytrax    5

Sweetest Venom quest in dark elf village. You can google it for details.

3200 adena per turn in, best adena source in the game right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xandori    10
3 hours ago, HairyLoco said:

Dear everyone,

So my friend and I both got to level 20 on our main characters, and we're kinda stumped. Essentially, level 20+ areas are too hard for us to reliably do without popping a potion every single fight. I've levelled a Human Wizard to 19 now, who is going to be a Cleric, and she's following our characters every now and then for heal support as well. However right now we're basically out of adena and out of soulshots. At the same time we also realised our gear expires in 3 days. We basically don't have the funds to get a new shirt and pants. Then there's also the matter of D grade equipment. Which, for a low D grade weapon, will cost us 490.000 adena. 

Long story short, we don't even have adena for Soulshots or No Grade gear, let alone D grade. We're at a complete loss as to how to progress. Our current plans are to slowly level a group of buffers so that we'll get strong enough to reach level 25 and do the D grade gear quest, but at the same time we're also not certain we can make that in time (workweek starting, we'll be very busy). So do you all have advice for us? 

On the topic of clans - I've made my own small clan for my friends and I - we don't exactly plan on joining any other.

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

This is just a lack of information about Adena quests, and I'm not really up to date on which quests are where. Yet, at lvl20 you can go to the DE Village, find Astaron behind the Grocery building. He has a infinitely repeatable quest to kill spiders. Collect 10 venom sacs and get 3.2k adena (quest text shows only 1k adena, but it is wrong... for now at least). Do that quest until your lvl25. You might be able to get enough money to buy a better weapon, and at 25 you can get a set of D-grade armor from a quest, which should help a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sour    17
21 minutes ago, Aytrax said:

Sweetest Venom quest in dark elf village. You can google it for details.

3200 adena per turn in, best adena source in the game right now.

Interesting that you say that. I just started this quest after reading your advice and it says quest reward is 1,000 adena. Did they ninja nerf the quest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pwoni    13
3 hours ago, HairyLoco said:

Dear everyone,

So my friend and I both got to level 20 on our main characters, and we're kinda stumped. Essentially, level 20+ areas are too hard for us to reliably do without popping a potion every single fight. I've levelled a Human Wizard to 19 now, who is going to be a Cleric, and she's following our characters every now and then for heal support as well. However right now we're basically out of adena and out of soulshots. At the same time we also realised our gear expires in 3 days. We basically don't have the funds to get a new shirt and pants. Then there's also the matter of D grade equipment. Which, for a low D grade weapon, will cost us 490.000 adena. 

Long story short, we don't even have adena for Soulshots or No Grade gear, let alone D grade. We're at a complete loss as to how to progress. Our current plans are to slowly level a group of buffers so that we'll get strong enough to reach level 25 and do the D grade gear quest, but at the same time we're also not certain we can make that in time (workweek starting, we'll be very busy). So do you all have advice for us? 

On the topic of clans - I've made my own small clan for my friends and I - we don't exactly plan on joining any other.

Kind regards,

HairyLoco

you use soulshots? jesus, no wonder you got money problems. i think i spent less than 10 ss since the server started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ogre    25

all my chars so far have gotten free armor(two piece set/permanent) don't remember where from, maybe daily rewards? justdoit!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nbx    39
11 minutes ago, sour said:

Interesting that you say that. I just started this quest after reading your advice and it says quest reward is 1,000 adena. Did they ninja nerf the quest?

No. It's supposed to give 1000 adena according to the wiki too. Either it was nerfed in 2.0, but we have 1.5 values with 2.0 texts, or the quest reward amount is increased for some quests. In general, there are several quests that should give 5-700 adena, but you get 1000 instead.

 

Here is what has worked for me: start a new character on a new account. It should be a mage. I did an elf, but any mage should work. Do the blue gem quest for shots in the starting area, then get the weapon quest. Doing those should get you to lvl 11. Get the 3000 free no grade blessed spirit shot from the online shop. Take the quest from Herbiel in the grocery store in elven vilage. You'll have to hunt fungi near elven village. When you get 10 items, go back to herbiel, and get your 1000 adena. Then repeat the quest. Keep repeating until you can or until lvl 18. When you get to lvl 18, then go to dark elven village, and start doing the sweetest venom quest, which is the one others suggested too. You can get 20k adena in 2-3 hours just by doing the quest where you have to kill the mushrooms, probably more when you get to sweetest venom. When/if the character gets too big, start a new one. You might want to register several accounts, make lvl 1 characters on them, and claim the free blessed spiritshots (those are limited to once per account), because those will be removed in a day or two when the patch to fix the quest comes, so you have several characters you can do this with. If the free blessed spiritshot will be gone and you don't have any more characters with trhe free shots, you could also just do the spiritshot quests, get to lvl 18-19 that way, and go to sweetest venom right away, skipping the elven village quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ogre    25
3 minutes ago, nbx said:

No. It's supposed to give 1000 adena according to the wiki too. Either it was nerfed in 2.0, but we have 1.5 values with 2.0 texts, or the quest reward amount is increased for some quests. In general, there are several quests that should give 5-700 adena, but you get 1000 instead.

 

Here is what has worked for me: start a new character on a new account. It should be a mage. I did an elf, but any mage should work. Do the blue gem quest for shots in the starting area, then get the weapon quest. Doing those should get you to lvl 11. Get the 3000 free no grade blessed spirit shot from the online shop. Take the quest from Herbiel in the grocery store in elven vilage. You'll have to hunt fungi near elven village. When you get 10 items, go back to herbiel, and get your 1000 adena. Then repeat the quest. Keep repeating until you can or until lvl 18. When you get to lvl 18, then go to dark elven village, and start doing the sweetest venom quest, which is the one others suggested too. You can get 20k adena in 2-3 hours just by doing the quest where you have to kill the mushrooms, probably more when you get to sweetest venom. When/if the character gets too big, start a new one. You might want to register several accounts, make lvl 1 characters on them, and claim the free blessed spiritshots (those are limited to once per account), because those will be removed in a day or two when the patch to fix the quest comes, so you have several characters you can do this with. If the free blessed spiritshot will be gone and you don't have any more characters with trhe free shots, you could also just do the spiritshot quests, get to lvl 18-19 that way, and go to sweetest venom right away, skipping the elven village quest.

can we not de level here? I nvr tried it..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nbx    39
3 minutes ago, ogre said:

can we not de level here? I nvr tried it..

 

I mean, you sure can, but you'll be out of blessed spiritshots sooner or later, so it's easier to just start a new character when that happens in my opinion. You could farm without bss, but you'll get really bleeping mad when people keep KSing your mobs. Also, if you don't kill spiders fast enough and they keep poisoning you, farming that quest will become infinitely harder.

Edited by nbx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HairyLoco    0

Hi everyone,

Just checking in before work, I've read all the replies and I'm super happy with all of your support :D

We will definitely give the spidey quest another look (although we don't feel strong enough due to the poison, but we've got our hands on some antidotes now). And I had also misread the tooltip on the No Grade gear we got at the start - I thought both sets were limited time, but that was just an oversight on my part. 

We've completely stopped using Soulshots for now. I'm also definitely checking out that Bear quest in the Orc Village.. Primarily to give those big fluffballs a big bear hug :D.

Thanks again for the advice everyone, I'll check in again after work! Take care,

HairyLoco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×