Possible Method to Prevent the Client Closing During Queue

Fireze

So I, like too many here, have had a heck of a time trying to login over the past few days without having the client closing on my during or shortly after queue.  For the first 2 days I was completely unable to login after trying for multiple hours both nights.  The client would shut down either just before the queue ended, or within 1-2 seconds after (not even close to the "5 seconds" NCWest is stating on their support page).  After a bit of trial and error I think I may be on to something.  It isn't 100% guaranteed to work the first time (in my case it never worked 1st try), but by the 3rd or 4th login I've been able to login with what seems like no timer.

All I've done is the following:  Throughout the queue counting down from 600+ to 0, move your mouse around periodically and use the left and right mouse buttons to click around randomly on the screen, especially when it gets down to around 30 people left.  By the 2nd or 3rd login I've been able to casually click in my pin and hit okay with what seems to be no timer.  My brother was able to login 2nd try.  I'd like to know if this works for anyone else.  Please post your results.

There´s no method it´s random, it´s not a bug

While in queue with other no-vips (and even some vips because the system is awful) you are waiting to join while vip people gets free access, this means it will kick people who were in queue waiting to join and allowing them to enter

2 minutes ago, Awep said:

While in queue with other no-vips (and even some vips because the system is awful) you are waiting to join while vip people gets free access, this means it will kick people who were in queue waiting to join and allowing them to enter

All I know is that I've went from not being able to login at all, to being to reliably get in 2nd or 3rd try.  Could be random, but I'd need more datapoints to know for sure.

1 minute ago, Awep said:

This ^

Its not a client/server bug

Its an active action that servers take upon f2p  players in order to allow VIP users to skip queue without overflowing the server population.

The 5 secs rule is complete bullshiet, Ive had dc messages while still on queue, looking at it.

And the only reason you seem to be able to enter after a couple tries, is because the server seems to "whitelist" your ip if you've tried a couple times already in the last minutes.

2 minutes ago, Fireze said:

All I know is that I've went from not being able to login at all, to being to reliably get in 2nd or 3rd try.  Could be random, but I'd need more datapoints to know for sure.

By any chance, we're your queues shorter the second time around?

I seem to be able to login somewhat reliably if queues are below 400 players, more than that and it just loops.

1 minute ago, VerCenn said:

By any chance, we're your queues shorter the second time around?

I seem to be able to login somewhat reliably if queues are below 400 players, more than that and it just loops.

Yes each time I try to login, the time it takes to go from 0 queue to being kicked increases.  However, prior to trying my method, it would only get to the point of having 3 seconds to click my PIN in.  After clicking around a bit during the end of the queue, I seem to have plenty of time.

Archived