PK system needs some serious adjusting

Hotshot

So here is my story, I am level 20+ for the first time since the start someone triggered my patience and I was left with no choice but to drop him to the ground. 
This individual was extremely rude, not only toxic but I am sure he violated several pages of the  " Rule of conduct"  But who will serve him justice? Obviously not NCSOFT, they 
currently are too busy dealing with a ton of server problem.  Here is my issue, I took justice into my own matter only to painfully regretted it. I earned 720 KARMA for my first pk
I thought " okay maybe I can burn it off in  an hour or so after some grinding" It turned into a nightmare, each mob I grinded my level subtracted 3-8 karma.  Do the math.... 
 After 3 hours of abusing my " pay to win" buff scrolls and Soulshots, I came to a dire conclusion that there is really no point to PK anyone. If you think about it
The victim will lose 10% which he will regain in a brief 20 minutes, maybe less, VS the executioner who will earn a (pk count) ( run for your life and hopefully you will reach a safe grinding location
without running the risk of getting triggered) ( 720 karma that will take 3 hours to burn).  I was not ready to accept that this  L2 classic was heading to a more of a "CAREBEAR" version but at this point I am quite convinced.  My advice  to you fellows is, do not (PK) if you think you can run to a safe spot and grind your karma in a brief moment.  If you are whiling 
to die 3 times go for it!! But is it worth it?    

10 minutes ago, Llothlian said:

You're the one complaining about having to take responsibility for your actions.  You call the server carebear?

Thank goodness! Our brave internet warrior happily returned!

f20c1ed63a4106cbf03b4289601484b3acf8aad8

This post is super hard to read, but what I got from it is maybe you had to die 3 times to deal with your Karma from 1 kill (your first kill and 720 karma). I died after my first PK and all karma was removed so I know for a fact you did not have to die 3 times to deal with it. Dude lies, carry on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 9:18 AM, SinnS said:

This post is super hard to read, but what I got from it is maybe you had to die 3 times to deal with your Karma from 1 kill (your first kill and 720 karma). I died after my first PK and all karma was removed so I know for a fact you did not have to die 3 times to deal with it. Dude lies, carry on. 

What is the point to pk someone then? So you can die  as well??? So is more like a kamikazee system   The whole point of the pk system back in the day was so you could kill someone, run into a safe run and burn your karma without dying. That serves justice.   Right now if someone misses you off, run away with your tail between your legs.  Nothing you can do.

This is a very serious issue & I agree with the OP, this need to be fixed ASAP! to get rid off karma for your first PK was never that hard back in the old days, actually it was very easy to burn it after killing 30-40 mobs at most, they change it & make it that hard when that trash GoD expansion that ruin L2 released, NCWEST must return the PK system to how it was in the old days, PKing was a very important part of L2 back then & if it's so hard to get rid karma or to decrease the PK count as I read in some other thread then it's like is not part of the game anymore & we can't allow for that to happen, people must not be punished that hard when they PK someone, PK must return to how it was @Juji I would like to hear your thought regarding this matter this need to change I'm sure you as a guy who love L2 understand very well why it's so important for the feel & the future of the classic servers, if you let it like that this has the potential to ruin the whole experience of the veterans who decide to return to the game after all those years & expect to receive much more complains regarding this matter in the future, plz do something about it, we count on you.

such a story... too bad most of the times are lies it is the pkers fault. i got pked 2 times so far. both times the pkers decided to ks my mobs on purpose, because they were lazy to farm their own mobs. so i decided that for the rest of my time i follow them and ks. guess what, pkers get annoyed, lose their temper like in the op post, and start pking. well, you shouldn't have been a bleep in the first place.

Stop being little bitches. So much complaining going on right now.

PKing has always been integral in L2 from the very beginning. But it has ALWAYS been a risk, its dangerous and you shouldnt be able to get away easy from doing it. Its best if you can actually defend yourself or if youre with a party of people who can help you burn it off and defend you.

You are the little bleep, u are fine with this because u are probably going to take spot like this and pushing guys out while u are afraid to pvp like a man,
I totally agree with this post, karma is retarded as hell in here, it should be change really quick, its helping mongoloide carebear to take spot while they have 0 balls to fight

exactly .  i need to PK the trashes that gives no respect. right now they can KS forever and u cant do sh1t. this is braindead.   idc if i die 10 times to clean it . they need to revert the item destruction and make items dropable but always start from equiped items or something so its not that easy to abuse

fix what koreans did wrong , pls fix it back to old zaken pk system , it was hard enough , the new anthy system is pathetic

(more infos: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654528/ )

also fix that u dont flag on aoe when a flagged char is inside the mobs !! 

we want a pvp server not carebear steal mobs cant do anything cuz pk makes u delete u char version!!

@Juji

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Hotshot said:

So here is my story, I am level 20+ for the first time since the start someone triggered my patience and I was left with no choice but to drop him to the ground. 
This individual was extremely rude, not only toxic but I am sure he violated several pages of the  " Rule of conduct"  But who will serve him justice? Obviously not NCSOFT, they 
currently are too busy dealing with a ton of server problem.  Here is my issue, I took justice into my own matter only to painfully regretted it. I earned 720 KARMA for my first pk
I thought " okay maybe I can burn it off in  an hour or so after some grinding" It turned into a nightmare, each mob I grinded my level subtracted 3-8 karma.  Do the math.... 
 After 3 hours of abusing my " pay to win" buff scrolls and Soulshots, I came to a dire conclusion that there is really no point to PK anyone. If you think about it
The victim will lose 10% which he will regain in a brief 20 minutes, maybe less, VS the executioner who will earn a (pk count) ( run for your life and hopefully you will reach a safe grinding location
without running the risk of getting triggered) ( 720 karma that will take 3 hours to burn).  I was not ready to accept that this  L2 classic was heading to a more of a "CAREBEAR" version but at this point I am quite convinced.  My advice  to you fellows is, do not (PK) if you think you can run to a safe spot and grind your karma in a brief moment.  If you are whiling 

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. a few deaths and you would have been cleared. You don't drop anything at 1 pk, so yea. Just let a guard kill you two-three times and you're golden 

On 2018-10-08 at 7:23 AM, Hotshot said:

Just kill yourself 1 time dude lol. Everything is fine with PK system

16 hours ago, beleaua said:

such a story... too bad most of the times are lies it is the pkers fault. i got pked 2 times so far. both times the pkers decided to ks my mobs on purpose, because they were lazy to farm their own mobs. so i decided that for the rest of my time i follow them and ks. guess what, pkers get annoyed, lose their temper like in the op post, and start pking. well, you shouldn't have been a bleep in the first place.

That is how acts the typical troll. And right now the system supports that behavior. KS mobs, grief, talk shit, you can do it safe and sound. Every mage with AOE damage can interrupt the gameplay of a whole party. 1 vs 9, and the 1 wins, guaranteed. If you PK some player, now the obvious way to remove the karma is to PK yourself too, maybe several times. But then you have to pay in addition to clean the PK points. So the PK is effectively made impossible. And the result is, any open world PvP is also impossible. The PvP should be consensual. But why I have to PvP, risking my experience, when I simply can play troll? Tested and works. Yesterday we expelled multiple AOE parties by just KS their mobs. And talk shit like - you noobs cannot defend the spot, you do not know how to play the game, bring us more mobs noobs and etc. They could do nothing. The system right now will force many players to leave, as this is not Lineage 2. Even the P2W from the old Classic was better than this.

2 hours ago, Scion said:

fix what koreans did wrong , pls fix it back to old zaken pk system , it was hard enough , the new anthy system is pathetic

(more infos: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654528/ )

also fix that u dont flag on aoe when a flagged char is inside the mobs !! 

we want a pvp server not carebear steal mobs cant do anything cuz pk makes u delete u char version!!

@Juji

Sorry the link is blocked at work, can you elaborate?

7 hours ago, zzzzzzzz said:

exactly .  i need to PK the trashes that gives no respect. right now they can KS forever and u cant do sh1t. this is braindead.   idc if i die 10 times to clean it . they need to revert the item destruction and make items dropable but always start from equiped items or something so its not that easy to abuse

You drop items after 4 PKs upon death when you are red... do you not read the patch notes?

2 hours ago, GoNoles69 said:

You drop items after 4 PKs upon death when you are red... do you not read the patch notes?

After you get 3, on the 4 you start to drop items. Accept it the system is perfect, it gathers the solo players, and the open world PvP is effectively forbidden like it is in so many other MMORPGs. That unique part of L2 is not in this L2 here. After you PK, please do a suicide PK of your character, or if you have 4PKs - just delete it, do not waste a place for a solo player to log in. Please do not cry here. If you do PK obviously that game is not for you.

That kind of penalty was implemented in GoD for the first time - you know when the not so classical time of L2 started.

C'mmon lads, lets cry less about the karma. dont want waste days cleaning ur karma killing mobs or lose % of exp , just don't do it.  It comes from Kr nothing to change. it is is not old l2. by now y'all should have learnt this. L2 classic is not the same as Prelude/C2 .... ! Don't wanna clean u pk just dont pk , easy and simple but if u want to become an red player it is not devs or ncwest problem, init ?

Just now, japarzo said:

C'mmon lads, lets cry less about the karma. dont want waste days cleaning ur karma killing mobs or % of exp , just don't do it.  It comes from Kr nothing to change. it is is not old l2. by now y'all should have learnt this. L2 classic is not the same as Prelude/C2 .... ! Don't wanna clean u pk just dont pk , easy and simple but if u want to become an red player it is not devs or ncwest problem, init ?

I agree, do not cry, just delete your characters you PK noobs, the system is so perfect.

The pk system does need to be adjusted, though I think it is a little better as you level up.  but at low levels it is very hard to pk people from the amount of karma you get and not able to work it off.  should be better and easier in yours 40's and 50's

11 minutes ago, sailenceWL said:

The pk system does need to be adjusted, though I think it is a little better as you level up.  but at low levels it is very hard to pk people from the amount of karma you get and not able to work it off.  should be better and easier in yours 40's and 50's

Yeah it is more than perfect if allows only the high levels to PK newbies. That is brilliant :) But in fact the PK here is effectively forbidden even for the high levels. It is amazing, but we got instanced PvP with safe grind for the solo AOE players, without any instance. The parties are screwed. If some mage comes and starts to kill the mobs on the spot you play, just  have to accept the fact - your party cannot beat him, so leave. Or you still can PK him and his boxes. Then follow the procedure above - suicide your character, maybe multiple times, till the karma is clean. And if you have 4PKs - delete your character - pretty simple.

Archived