Forums

It's Time

Lawman

@Juji @Hime Okay, folks, it's time.  You've procrastinated for 5 days giving answers to the important questions here. (1) Are you going to fix the drop/adena/spoil/exp rates or not?  (2) are you going to fix the server connect issues or not?  (3) What's with the random bans?  (4) What, if anything, are you going to do about the RMTs and the bots after 15 years of neglecting the problem?  Let's have some answers.

19 minutes ago, Lawman said:

@Juji @Hime Okay, folks, it's time.  You've procrastinated for 5 days giving answers to the important questions here. (1) Are you going to fix the drop/adena/spoil/exp rates or not?  (2) are you going to fix the server connect issues or not?  (3) What's with the random bans?  (4) What, if anything, are you going to do about the RMTs and the bots after 15 years of neglecting the problem?  Let's have some answers.

They can't say anything, because they don't fix things, they have to wait until some programmer actually says - " ok, Juji, we fixed that and that, tomorrow patch " 
and after that Juji will say something :) JUst patience guys, the server just 4 days out. :)

p.s. just go and sit in AC camp and get shady box :P And keep playing other games or/and do other stuff. :)

4 minutes ago, Mistrix said:

They can't say anything, because they don't fix things, they have to wait until some programmer actually says - " ok, Juji, we fixed that and that, tomorrow patch " 
and after that Juji will say something :) JUst patience guys, the server just 4 days out. :)

p.s. just go and sit in AC camp and get shady box :P And keep playing other games or/and do other stuff. :)

They can tell us that they are talking to the dev team about the issue. They can tell us they realize 80% of the community is unhappy and they are working on a resolution. Their silence suggests that either they are ignoring us or they know we wont like the answers they already have.  

They did say they are referring the drop/adena/spoil issue to dev.  I know they don't make the fixes, but they surely have a hand in the decision making.  Or, at an absolute minimum, know what decisions have been made and approximately when they will be implemented.  It's past time for them to tell us.

9 minutes ago, Mistrix said:

It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, EmberofDeath said:

They can tell us that they are talking to the dev team about the issue. They can tell us they realize 80% of the community is unhappy and they are working on a resolution. Their silence suggests that either they are ignoring us or they know we wont like the answers they already have.  

They did confirm that the dev team is looking at it though. Days ago.

The weekly maintenance is in early morning in NA, at around noon in EU, on Wednesday, right? If nothing changes after that, then sure, keep this shitstorm going, but until then, we've had enough of this. They are aware of the issue, 90% of the forum is about that. They can't just decide to hot fix stuff because you people keep crying here. That's not how software development works. Nobody other than the actual dev team in South Korea has access to the source code.

Also, I get that you all have nothing better to do than spam this forum with this on weekends, but you have to realize, that to these guys this is their job. They are not paid to spam the forums on weekends. Did you people seriously expect them to communicate in the last 2 days? That's not how corporate works.

At my work, when there is a serious problem it's all-hands-on-deck, weekend or not.  It's how "corporate" works if they want to succeed.  These are serious problems.  Yes, I expect them to communicate in the last 2 days.  

23 minutes ago, Mistrix said:

They said that they are "looking into it", that means they did not decide if they are actually going to change the rates or not. Which means it might not even be at the programmer stage. People are asking if they decided to change it or not. And if they will: "our team started working on the changes" or what ever bla bla bla....

11 minutes ago, Asmodeea said:

They said that they are "looking into it", that means they did not decide if they are actually going to change the rates or not. Which means it might not even be at the programmer stage. People are asking if they decided to change it or not. And if they will: "our team started working on the changes" or what ever bla bla bla....

You're right. Well, maybe they're making new tests, discussing with other people ... I guess, in few days we will get information :) What they have decided to do.

37 minutes ago, Lawman said:

At my work, when there is a serious problem it's all-hands-on-deck, weekend or not.  It's how "corporate" works if they want to succeed.  These are serious problems.  Yes, I expect them to communicate in the last 2 days.  

I feel bad for you son. But I guess it's part of the instant gratification era we have created. Probably also what causes a lot of half-assed solutions to problems. At my work, we take a night to address the problem. Oftentimes, we come up with a solution from a completely different direction than initially proposed. Better work. Happier employees. Happier customers. But hey, you keep doing what you think needs to be done in corporate America. Just don't come crying to me when you are 40 years old, burnt out on life with an ex-wife and two kids who hate you because you chose work over them.

3 minutes ago, FearDarkness said:

I feel bad for you son. But I guess it's part of the instant gratification era we have created. Probably also what causes a lot of half-assed solutions to problems. At my work, we take a night to address the problem. Oftentimes, we come up with a solution from a completely different direction than initially proposed. Better work. Happier employees. Happier customers. But hey, you keep doing what you think needs to be done in corporate America. Just don't come crying to me when you are 40 years old, burnt out on life with an ex-wife and two kids who hate you because you chose work over them.

If you are salary at Web-based companies (at least in a developmental role) you are on-call 24/7, it's the industry normal.  Don't take the job if you don't like the consequences.  They are paid handsomely for it.  If you burn out that's your own problem.  

It's not instant gratification, its Puritan work ethic.

That said, I have no idea anything about how NCWest or NCKorea works other than what I've read on Glassdoor.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

If you are salary at Web-based companies (at least in a developmental role) you are on-call 24/7, it's the industry normal.  Don't take the job if you don't like the consequences.  They are paid handsomely for it.  If you burn out that's your own problem.  

It's not instant gratification, its Puritan work ethic.

I run an IT consulting/contracting firm. Trust me, I know the industry. And it's filled with a bunch of burn outs and divorcees. You are probably young (< 40 years old). Don't go with the flow. Make your own path. You'll enjoy it a lot more. Oh and you get paid even more handsomely when you branch off into your own thing Mr. Moneybags

8 minutes ago, FearDarkness said:

I feel bad for you son. But I guess it's part of the instant gratification era we have created. Probably also what causes a lot of half-assed solutions to problems.

Or it's down to how easy these things are to test. % xp lost on death takes literally 5 minutes to check. They said on stream it was 4% and not 10%, died during the event and lost 10% and have STILL not acknowledged that it is broken. They say to check the dev tracker but it hasn't been updated to include this. It's extremely reasonable to want at least acknowledgement by this point. 

If they don't fix any of the critical issues by Wednesday then a large amount of people will quit. If they acknowledged the issues but said "sorry guys but we understand things aren't working as intended but they will be fixed by next maint" then people would wait it out. Don't make such stupid judgements about peoples' lives because we have reasonable expectations for how serious the issues are.

Just now, Alexandrielle said:

Or it's down to how easy these things are to test. % xp lost on death takes literally 5 minutes to check. They said on stream it was 4% and not 10%, died during the event and lost 10% and have STILL not acknowledged that it is broken. They say to check the dev tracker but it hasn't been updated to include this. It's extremely reasonable to want at least acknowledgement by this point. 

If they don't fix any of the critical issues by Wednesday then a large amount of people will quit. If they acknowledged the issues but said "sorry guys but we understand things aren't working as intended but they will be fixed by next maint" then people would wait it out. Don't make such stupid judgements about peoples' lives because we have reasonable expectations for how serious the issues are.

You are so upset about a game not being exactly what you wanted on launch in 2018...  give them time to fix it. They aren't slaves. If they don't fix or address the issue by regular maintenance on Wednesday, then that's when I would start to get a little upset.

These issues go beyond Juji and Hime. Most likely they are in a meeting with leadership as we speak.

Archived