Forums

It's Time

Lawman

FearOfDarkness, I'm 65 years old, happily retired and have been very happily married to the same wonderful woman for 44 years and have two kids who love me and have turned out very well.  Hard-working, honest, loving and caring toward others.  And, yes, they both work weekends, too, when it's needed.  I worked in IT back when it was called data processing and became an attorney in mid-life.  Both professions have hard deadlines and emergencies which required working on weekends.  Trust me, when my manager called to tell me the computer was down and orders could not be processed I never said, "gee, it's the weekend, I'll take care of it on Monday."  I'd have been fired instantly.

2 minutes ago, Lawman said:

FearOfDarkness, I'm 65 years old, happily retired and have been very happily married to the same wonderful woman for 44 years and have two kids who love me and have turned out very well.  Hard-working, honest, loving and caring toward others.  And, yes, they both work weekends, too, when it's needed.  I worked in IT back when it was called data processing and became an attorney in mid-life.  Both professions have hard deadlines and emergencies which required working on weekends.  Trust me, when my manager called to tell me the computer was down and orders could not be processed I never said, "gee, it's the weekend, I'll take care of it on Monday."  I'd have been fired instantly.

I didn't say there weren't exceptions to the rule.

I've spent my free time during the weekend running the spider quest over and over again. I've barely got around 250k right now pulled together from a few characters:
25lv (elven wizard, had 30k saved up from grind only because i farmed withut shots for the whole 24-25 period),
24lv (se box, spent the 3k spiritshots fully on spiders)
21lv (freshly created DE fighter, ran out of free soulshots just after hitting 21).

Even though I've spent all this time I still need a bit more to afford a mage staff from the giran weapon shop.

And you know what? It was not worth it. I feel like I wasted all that time.

So what if I can now play for a bit and get some levels, I'll hit the same wall in a day or two and then what? Running the spider quest again, but this time on 6 chars to be able to afford the lowest D grade weapon?

The only option to me if I want to continue playing an elven wizard is to find light blue or green mobs that I can either one hit with spiritshot solar spark or 2 hit with a nuke+solar spark without soulshots.
And I'll still be getting less money per hour than a bleeping spider quest, because mobs drop adena 50-70% of the time at most and the item/mats drops are close to non-existent.

This is not old school L2, this is a nostalgia bait optimized for drying people through the L2 store.

If the adena isn't fixed I'm going to try for a refund.

If that doesn't work, I'll be sure to spend every single world chat shout that I have from the 30$ pack to try and save people's money from this dumpster fire.

I wasn't really expecting an answer during the weekend and it's still a little bit early to get an answer right now from their time zone.  However, I as well, expect an answer or statement within the next few hours that will make or break whether I continue playing or not.  Primarily bugged/broken xp on certain mobs, broken spoil rates, and to a lesser extent Adena rates.

6 minutes ago, Aytrax said:

This is not old school L2, this is a nostalgia bait optimized for drying people through the L2 store.

Even those are complaining...

No XP bonus on death, no drop rate, even there is already ppl complaining VIP lvl4 fishing XP as no bonus at all, so it seems you only can grab stuff from store and pop with some nice colored title to notice the others how VIP you are =)

25 minutes ago, Lawman said:

It's not even about being fired honestly - I'm quite a bit younger but there are days (and nights) when you either fix something or the business sinks.

Had to work on a data corruption issue last weekend - worked Friday evening into early Saturday, slept a few hours, woke up and worked almost a full Saturday in order to fix the underlying issue, restore the corrupted data from backups and replay all user changes over the restore.

Just using this to illustrate that it's not about money or getting fired - it's about taking ownership of a product, job or issue. It's about caring about your clients and internal users and what you're doing and selling.

That's something I see lacking more and more and it really saddens me. But I'm sure NC West don't actually have any developers working on the game and have everything shipped to them, which creates a huge "outsourcing-gone-wrong" mentality - since the Korean developers probably don't care about the playerbase on these servers I'm sure that even if @Jujiand @Hime are online and working - it would not change much other than wait on a response from KR.

Even if the horribly broken adena drop rate was intended it was not their call but the call of someone above them to release it as such.

Also the time difference is quite an issue - I've worked with a Korean-based manager (I'm based in Europe) and we only had a few hours of overlapping work time (in the mornings before lunch) and I think US working hours and KR working hours have no overlap - meaning communication is quite hard.

Sorry for the rant.

Archived