The Great Wall

FatHips

I think (and hope) that the current situation is almost exactly what was intended, and that NCsoft has a clear plan to continue milking the p2w people by adjusting the exp and drop rates in favor of casuals as the game progresses.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SmileyCyrus said:

While the 'great-wall'-argument itself may be valid, posts like these keep making me laugh. It is PERFECTLY possible, even at the current rates, to have about 25-30 adena on lvl 20 at least. If you don't, you are simply not playing the game correctly. 

Hell this guy I quoted is even using ss from NCshop AND has launchpack. Dude, did you care to lookup what mobs drop arrows once in a blue moon?

You realize most people complaining have 70k+ adena at lvl 20 right? Maybe because we know how the economy works

No matter how much adena you get at lvl 20 or how fast you can get a d weapon, its all worthless once you hit the real game

1 minute ago, Awep said:

You realize most people complaining have 70k+ adena at lvl 20 right? Maybe because we know how the economy works

No matter how much adena you get at lvl 20 or how fast you can get a d weapon, its all worthless once you hit the real game

I do realize the 25-30k i mentioned was really low. I did that on purpose, to keep it kinda casual. Do you have any proof however to support your claim that most people complaining are indeed people that know how to play? Because the one post I quoted is just representing a wide variety of posts in the complain topics stating exactly the same thing: QQ I am lvl 20 and I only have...

Now, for your second sentence, yes, you may be right. It may just be the case the game gets impossible to play.That may just be a serious issue that needs looking into. I am not debating that, since that would in fact be very bad for the server. Yet as long as I MAINLY see posts from people that clearly show they do not know how to play anything other than a x1000 freeshard I rather laugh at the comments then take it seriously.

First of all the problem seems to be with the majority of the people itself. Or, so to say, the majority of the people residing to the forums. Because lets be honest: The biggest part of the playerbase is grinding ingame OR just leaves without qq'ing about it first. WIth me getting into this stupid queue on a monday during the day, my guess is the former group is still bigger than the latter. 

14 minutes ago, SmileyCyrus said:

While the 'great-wall'-argument itself may be valid, posts like these keep making me laugh. It is PERFECTLY possible, even at the current rates, to have about 25-30 adena on lvl 20 at least. If you don't, you are simply not playing the game correctly. I definately wouldnt be surprise if the biggest part of the group complaining are people like this. First get your own things sorted out, then come complain again. 

Hell this guy I quoted is even using ss from NCshop AND has launchpack. Dude, did you care to lookup what mobs drop arrows once in a blue moon?

Right you try sustaining your arrow consumption off the poor rate the mobs that drop arrows drop them in.  I have accounted for all my adena spent (3k) on my rogue.  My cleric has 10k adena same level and can't afford spellbooks.  I'm not doing afk shops because I have nothing to sell, perhaps I will try to scam people and put up another shop for a short bow for 50k claiming it's a Forest Bow and get lucky.  I've done a few repeatable quests but yeah I guess I could do more of those on blue mobs for fat stacks of adena.

@Bottleneck

You realise you can farm in AC w/o ss and actually MAKE money while doing it? And that is only one of the spots where you are able to do so.Ofcourse you didn't, because else you would have

Also, did you realise that in real L2, you have to choose to either making money or making exp?Ofcourse you didn't, else you would have not been surprised grinding from 20-22 actually cost you money.

@Jdawg

It takes you a 2nd post full of bs, but then at the last line it seems you are starting to get it. For example the spore quests at elven village: your cleric 1 hits those mobs with his ng quest gun and 1 ss. Within 10 minutes you will make the 10 spores, get 1k adena which will account for your ss used (also, the mobs itself drop a little adena ofc) AND makes you save adena for books. Hell, that cleric would have one shotted them from lvl 13 on allready.

There is also another quest: You port elven forest after taking it, kill 8(!) spiders right on the port spot, soe back, and hand in for 1k. If you deduct the soe costs and dont use ss, you make 500a each run. 

So yes, it would take time to get those books, but deffinately no effort at all. Welcome to L2.

As for the arrows, no, the drop doesnt sustain ofcourse, but every arrow dropped is 2a saved. So if you can choose, what mobs would you hunt? Green ones that actually have a chance to drop, or white ones that don't? You tell me.

9 minutes ago, SmileyCyrus said:

@Bottleneck

You realise you can farm in AC w/o ss and actually MAKE money while doing it? And that is only one of the spots where you are able to do so.Ofcourse you didn't, because else you would have

Make money - in my @ss. Spellbook Berserker Spirit cost 55.000 adena. 30 adena is from 1 mob. Any questions guys? THIS IS NOT 1X OFFICIAL. Understand this and dont excuse this fraud.

20 minutes ago, SmileyCyrus said:

I do realize the 25-30k i mentioned was really low. I did that on purpose, to keep it kinda casual. Do you have any proof however to support your claim that most people complaining are indeed people that know how to play? Because the one post I quoted is just representing a wide variety of posts in the complain topics stating exactly the same thing: QQ I am lvl 20 and I only have...

Now, for your second sentence, yes, you may be right. It may just be the case the game gets impossible to play.That may just be a serious issue that needs looking into. I am not debating that, since that would in fact be very bad for the server. Yet as long as I MAINLY see posts from people that clearly show they do not know how to play anything other than a x1000 freeshard I rather laugh at the comments then take it seriously.

First of all the problem seems to be with the majority of the people itself. Or, so to say, the majority of the people residing to the forums. Because lets be honest: The biggest part of the playerbase is grinding ingame OR just leaves without qq'ing about it first. WIth me getting into this stupid queue on a monday during the day, my guess is the former group is still bigger than the latter. 

I think i have fallen in love

3 minutes ago, Bottleneck said:

Make money - in my @ss. Spellbook Berserker Spirit cost 55.000 adena. 30 adena is from 1 mob. Any questions guys? THIS IS NOT 1X OFFICIAL. Understand this and dont excuse this fraud.

I do 50k of adena in 3 hours questing. Being able to have beserker after 3 hours of grinding doesnt sound bad to me.

2 minutes ago, Bottleneck said:

You illustrate the problem perfectly. You are not entitled to easily getting a sb like berserker spirit at the exact level you can learn it. The 1000x freeshards with autolearn probably made you think so, but it is not really the case. Its something you have to earn. If you think 'just killing mobs and saving adena drop' is the way to do so, you don't know how to play L2. End of story. 

Also, i never claim the current rates are 1x. I do however claim that lots and lots of people make a problem that is clearly their own doing at first, someone else's. People like that wouldnt even manage to get something going if the rates would be 4x I bet.

it was always possible to *atleast* break even using shots, the adena drop rate here is simply ridiculous.

Even with VIP4 (Which is not cheap at all), you cannot maintain NG shots usage - simply broken rates.

At this point the game does not feel rewarding at all, I personally have decided to stop now and come back if and when it is fixed.

- L2 player since 2004.

@SmileyCyrus - you're right I guess I just don't recall it being this tedious.  I remember being able to efficiently farm for my NG Falcion sword on lizardman outside of Gludin and see my adena grow at a rate that encouraged me to keep grinding.  Pretty sure it wasn't even a repeatable quest - not sure if they even had repeatable quests back then at prelude.  I also know that I didn't have any bs boosts or VIP status yet it still felt better.  I don't care about leveling fast - if I can't sustain it and I just outlvl everything I should be farming longer then it's working against you not for you to have the xtra XP.   

Why do people act like the 3k spider quest was how the admins were expecting the entire server to make money? Like thats how the games supposed to be played... lol.

I am expecting ncsoft to nerf that quest reward down to 17a so its more inline with the rest of the server

@Jdawg

It is really tedious indeed. And I can understand people are not into that (anymore). I am also in doubt myself if i want to spent that much time on a video game in order to reach at least something. Also, classic is an entirely new thing and rateswise not comparable to any other chronicle of original L2. Yet some people seem to think 'classic' = 'c1'

@Snoozel

Spider quest is definately not the only way to make money. Perhaps if you play solo it is. That being said it is definately a good option to make money. Just like it allready was in the former days of original l2. It always has been one of the better money makeing quests on early levels. 

Actually in the faq they said it will be similiar to days of past or some shit. Well its not. And i am in a cp that is killing mobs that drop 1/7 of what they did in c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 so idk y u act like i should of expected 1/7 rates. Also im prolly richer than u in game. I just see the future problems. 

My entire party is vip4 and we getting 9a each off lvl 30 dungeon mobs and no drops of any kind

Was rdy to sink 50$ ez monthly into this, but Wednesday maybe my last day

46 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

Maybe instead of rushing through levels, people should be farming certain adena making quests, and pooling resources with thier cp members? It’s really not that difficult, just time consuming, but that is lineage 2. 

With that rates, best way to make money right now is DE spider quest. This quest is locked to 23 lvl. That means when you hit 24 you can't do it. 

Now tell me when ( on what lvl) I will make more or even same adena past 24 lvl ?  Yup not soon. Ppl are making new chars in order to buy top NG weapon that way. Now tell me how you see leveling past 40 lvl ? Cause i cant fuking get concept of this rates at all.

@Snoozel

You may be richer than me, i don't know, but chances are high. Simply because you are playing in a cp and I play solo. That however also means the problems you are experiencing are probably even worse at my side. 

It 1 thing is very clear, it is that a lot of player's expectations do not match the reality. Most of these expectations seem to be based on a few marketing lines about 'reliving the old days'. What I wonder is, how many of the players that started here and see their expectations not being met actually played on any classic (eu or freeshard) before? How many did read into the hardcoreness of classic beforehand? How many just assumed it would be an exact remake of c1-c4 just based on a few marketing sentences?

No, I dont mean to say anyone should have expected 1/7 rates like you put it. Also I dont mean to say that people should play with these rates. What I do mean to say is, stop comparing and just treat it like something completely new. Because that is exactly what it is. And you either like that, or you don't. 

edit: Fun fact: You claim to be hunting mobs at lvl 30 that give 9a to each player. With a full (I assume, since you speak of CP) party, that would be 81 adena each mob. Somewhere outside dwarven village there are lvl 20+ mobs that drop 80-100 each mob too. Guess you are hunting the wrong mobs. 

2 hours ago, Aytrax said:

There is a reason why the rates got changed in every single region that had their L2 classic release.

in taiwan and in korea as far as a i remember(back in 2016) e-money from certain games could be exchanged for real money through the goverment itself

1 minute ago, SmileyCyrus said:

@Snoozel

You may be richer than me, i don't know, but chances are high. Simply because you are playing in a cp and I play solo. That however also means the problems you are experiencing are probably even worse at my side. 

It 1 thing is very clear, it is that a lot of player's expectations do not match the reality. Most of these expectations seem to be based on a few marketing lines about 'reliving the old days'. What I wonder is, how many of the players that started here and see their expectations not being met actually played on any classic (eu or freeshard) before? How many did read into the hardcoreness of classic beforehand? How many just assumed it would be an exact remake of c1-c4 just based on a few marketing sentences?

No, I dont mean to say anyone should have expected 1/7 rates like you put it. Also I dont mean to say that people should play with these rates. What I do mean to say is, stop comparing and just treat it like something completely new. Because that is exactly what it is. And you either like that, or you don't. 

You're a clown.

For the record, I completely agree with Fathips.  The future "wall" has me concerned.

Having said that; I will share a small "tip" that maybe some of you are unaware of.  Every character you get to lv20 = 25k~ Adena (at least).  When you hit lv20 you are given 20 Clan Coins.  These can be traded at any Grand Master for base mats.  For example; 20 Coins = 100 Iron Ore.  These are selling on TI for 175~ each so, 17.5k.  On a "fast" class getting to 20 takes a couple hours at most.  On the way you can knock out a few started village quest and have roughly 25k when you ding 20; rinse, repeat.  Recall how people did this for weightless SS when GoD launched so it's not new.  Another hint; don't pick human or dwarf (quest chain bottlenecks).

I did this on 5 toons and had about 180k for my main at 20.

Still, this doesn't address the big problem the OP pointed out..Keep thies thread going!!!! 

EDIT:  One of the "solutions" we will start to see is lots more RMTing by people who want to avoid the wall.  It's sad people will have to take this risk but it will happen.....

1 hour ago, J0nSnow said:

Maybe instead of rushing through levels, people should be farming certain adena making quests, and pooling resources with thier cp members? It’s really not that difficult, just time consuming, but that is lineage 2. 

This is definitely something that helps, and it's what my CP has done, but it does not detract from the point, that is only effective to a certain point for a vast majority of the population.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

This is definitely something that helps, and it's what my CP has done, but it does not detract from the point, that is only effective to a certain point for a vast majority of the population.

It’s what mine is doing as well. What they really need to fix is spoil rates.

2 minutes ago, Rodah said:

For the record, I completely agree with Fathips.  The future "wall" has me concerned.

Having said that; I will share a small "tip" that maybe some of you are unaware of.  Every character you get to lv20 = 25k~ Adena (at least).  When you hit lv20 you are given 20 Clan Coins.  These can be traded at any Grand Master for base mats.  For example; 20 Coins = 100 Iron Ore.  These are selling on TI for 175~ each so, 17.5k.  On a "fast" class getting to 20 takes a couple hours at most.  On the way you can knock out a few started village quest and have roughly 25k when you ding 20; rinse, repeat.  Another hint; don't pick human or dwarf (quest chain bottlenecks).

I did this on 5 toons and had about 180k for my main at 20.

Still, this doesn't address the big problem the OP pointed out..Keep thies thread going!!!! 

That is what we are pinned to do! it's all great and resourceful but I don't think that even in such a grindfest as L2 is, we are supposed to jump that many hoops and loops. 

I can see some diehards going at it. So maybe I'll quit for a few months and let pioneers build a path lol. I want a healthy server with Live people. That's all.

Archived