L2 Classic = Hardcore Mode ?

40yodaddy

Ive seen many people whining for exp and drop, but I think they are never play on OFFICIAL CLASSIC server back in 2004 (almost 15 years ago). I dont remember monster's exp but I do remember its hard to make living there without Common Item (CI). While most of you already been spoiled with CI, it will be hard to use lv 5 reward equipment on lv 20+ monster but not us (seriously). Drop chances are perfect, thats makes dwarf really usefull for crafting (while some dying from poverty since they lack of combat skill). In the same time it push dwarf to craft D equipment so people will buy their SSD too (and some idiots still sells SSD recipe for 50k+).

This server push you to hunt green monster, they have lower exp while having same drop chances (including Adena). At lv 20 I still spoiling Akaste Bone Warlord, it has 25% chance of dropping Iron Ore. Non stop killing with my cleric, I making around 40 per hours and sold it around 100-120 adena to buying vending or vending it myself for 200-250 adena = up to 10k adena per hour (vending with 2 char while I sleep). I use the money to buy SSD recipe and top D weapon.

Currently I still in mid 20s and making tons of Crystal D from crafting D recipes. Main mats has 10% of spoil from lv 25+ monsters and required 4 to craft, so I only need 40 monsters to kills = less than an hour. Craft it and crystal it to get 38 Crystal D for @400 adena = 15,2k adena for less than an hour but I dont sells it. Craft it with SSD/SpSD = extra 15% income. HOW ? Example : With a 400 adena Crystal D, It only cost me 7.85 Adena per SSD while I sells it for 9 Adena = extra 14.6%. So I can expecting 100k adena for 5 hours farming. I kill it with NG weapon + soulshot NG @7adena for 20 hit = 140 adena per monsters. 200 monsters = 28000 adena for buying SSNG, so atleast I still have more than 50k surplus.

You dont have spoil dwarf ? No problem, your main character should have more and better combat skills. Your DPS without SS should be the same as dwarf DPS with SS. BTW you only use 1 SS for 1 skill while having 5-6 worth of damage without SS, so if you have 2 attack skills = insta-kill green monsters. I tried kill Turek War Hound, a level 24 monsters having 2x HP with my top NG + Stun attack. I only need 6 stun attack = 6 SS NG, and droping 100+ adena (70% chances so let say it drop 70 Adena). It supposed killing with 3 skills = 3 SSNG with DPS job.

Hope you guys still enjoy this server :)
Please pardon my English.

Probably youre the one who never played official classic server. I've played russian, eu and plenty private classic servers. EU offi started with 1.5 version and there is no comparison with this mess here. Classic doens't mean version from the past.

Nope, it all the same. In 1.5 the game made easier to hold its market vs World of Warcraft.
BTW why you dont ask her ?

GM Marie Today at 17:22

Hello there,

I've checked this matter and verified that there's no error with the drop rate of adena nor the experience gain from mobs. However, if you think that there could be changes or improvements to the system, I encourage you to post it on our official forums, where our community team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

22 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Ive seen many people whining for exp and drop, but I think they are never play on OFFICIAL CLASSIC server back in 2004 (almost 15 years ago).

The drop/spoil rates have nothing to do with the "OFFICIAL CLASSIC server back in 2004". you can check the prima guide and compare the adena drops there and u'll see the abismal difference with this server. Nothing else is wrong with this server. We are not asking for an easier server just proper drop rates.

18 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Nope, it all the same. In 1.5 the game made easier to hold its market vs World of Warcraft.

Hello there,

I've checked this matter and verified that there's no error with the drop rate of adena nor the experience gain from mobs. However, if you think that there could be changes or improvements to the system, I encourage you to post it on our official forums, where our community team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

How do you play games when you are blind

People tend to confuse hardcore with unplayable

A hardcore experience means you put effort into it and get a reward

Here the reward is a slap on your face at lvl 40 unless you plan to grind the same quest with lvl 18 alts for the rest of the year

3 minutes ago, Leemado said:

The drop/spoil rates have nothing to do with the "OFFICIAL CLASSIC server back in 2004". you can check the prima guide and compare the adena drops there and u'll see the abismal difference with this server. Nothing else is wrong with this server. We are not asking for an easier server just proper drop rates.

I tried to spoil a 25% iron ore, and I got near 25 from 100 monsters. I dont know whats the problem with you guys, but I feel the same way 15 years ago. I work the same hard right now and grows my characters (spoiler and prophet) just fine while playing just 5 hours a day. Lv 40 in 1 week is still doable for hardcore (12h+ per day).

14 minutes ago, FatHips said:

@40yodaddy there's a lot of threads on this forum dedicated to this, the game does not resemble C1 etc at all.  I get that you like it, and thats your right, but fact of the matter is the playerbase will quit, then who will you play with?

G2G has many peoples having more than 100k Adena, so I play with this "Classic" peoples who can sustain in this server.

27 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Hello there,

no error with drop rate or experience? lol, so mobs outside dion with 2x hp giving 150 exp is 100% good? HAHA those gm's are a joke, this company is a big joke

what are you talking about?

40 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Ive seen many people whining for exp and drop, but I think they are never play on OFFICIAL CLASSIC server back in 2004 (almost 15 years ago). I dont remember monster's exp but I do remember its hard to make living there without Common Item (CI). While most of you already been spoiled with CI, it will be hard to use lv 5 reward equipment on lv 20+ monster but not us (seriously). Drop chances are perfect, thats makes dwarf really usefull for crafting (while some dying from poverty since they lack of combat skill). In the same time it push dwarf to craft D equipment so people will buy their SSD too (and some idiots still sells SSD recipe for 50k+).

This server push you to hunt green monster, they have lower exp while having same drop chances (including Adena). At lv 20 I still spoiling Akaste Bone Warlord, it has 25% chance of dropping Iron Ore. Non stop killing with my cleric, I making around 40 per hours and sold it around 100-120 adena to buying vending or vending it myself for 200-250 adena = up to 10k adena per hour (vending with 2 char while I sleep). I use the money to buy SSD recipe and top D weapon.

Currently I still in mid 20s and making tons of Crystal D from crafting D recipes. Main mats has 10% of spoil from lv 25+ monsters and required 4 to craft, so I only need 40 monsters to kills = less than an hour. Craft it and crystal it to get 38 Crystal D for @400 adena = 15,2k adena for less than an hour but I dont sells it. Craft it with SSD/SpSD = extra 15% income. HOW ? Example : With a 400 adena Crystal D, It only cost me 7.85 Adena per SSD while I sells it for 9 Adena = extra 14.6%. So I can expecting 100k adena for 5 hours farming. I kill it with NG weapon + soulshot NG @7adena for 20 hit = 140 adena per monsters. 200 monsters = 28000 adena for buying SSNG, so atleast I still have more than 50k surplus.

You dont have spoil dwarf ? No problem, your main character should have more and better combat skills. Your DPS without SS should be the same as dwarf DPS with SS. BTW you only use 1 SS for 1 skill while having 5-6 worth of damage without SS, so if you have 2 attack skills = insta-kill green monsters. I tried kill Turek War Hound, a level 24 monsters having 2x HP with my top NG + Stun attack. I only need 6 stun attack = 6 SS NG, and droping 100+ adena (70% chances so let say it drop 70 Adena). It supposed killing with 3 skills = 3 SSNG with DPS job.

What are talking about? Pre-c1 had better rates. I had enough money to buy 2x mid D weapons by the time I was 30 on my AW. 

My crafter was selling short spears to players not even 20 yet for over 100k.

The first bot sellers, were "macro bots". One in particular that was popular on talking island was the elven ruins macro bot. The bot sellers advertised 200k income leveling a toon there before you out leveled it.

31 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Hello there,

Wait! When did you got this reply ? Today like .. today ?

52 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Who's buying your D shots? I see streamers still buying packs of NG shots from in game store.

I'm glad that your NG grade industry is working for you and it is players like you that can find a niche and make the game work. Unfortunately, I cannot see you sustaining this process through D grade and C grade.

What happens when the server matures a bit and market is for Top D, or even C grade items? Check the spoil rates of materials and the drop / spoil rates of key parts for those items from the x1 rate wiki then apply the spoil reduction and drop rate reduction that this server has and tell me how that will be working out not just for you but for the economy as a whole.

When you adjust the spoil rates to something seemingly 10% of original, but lets be generous and say 25%, and the drop rates too how will a massive integral part (gather, craft, enchant, fail and destroy) of the game work? You're getting 75% less crafting right off the bat with a 75% drop and spoil reduction. This system can only work with a MASSIVE base of players. It works now at No Grade because a) the server is over run right now (ques!) and b) No Grade drops /spoil are the highest.

This server will either need a ton of bots or... a cash shop update (probably both tbh)... to sustain it. Either way, I cannot see it being worth the time for a legitimate player.

There's better implementations of classic to play.

4 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

no error with drop rate or experience? lol, so mobs outside dion with 2x hp giving 150 exp is 100% good? HAHA those gm's are a joke, this company is a big joke

Agree, exp is error. But drop and spoil are normal.

4 minutes ago, smashthatbass said:

what are you talking about?

What are talking about? Pre-c1 had better rates. I had enough money to buy 2x mid D weapons by the time I was 30 on my AW. 

My crafter was selling short spears to players not even 20 yet for over 100k.

The first bot sellers, were "macro bots". One in particular that was popular on talking island was the elven ruins macro bot. The bot sellers advertised 200k income leveling a toon there before you out leveled it.

Then you never play 1.0 mate.

You should see its low grade materials. Example : Sword of reflection need 200 iron ore and 200 coal with base material 3 SoR Blade. If you buying @100, then its low grade materials only 40k while the base are mean to be spoiled or just spoil them all. If I need SoR I will spoil Iron Ores and SoR Blades while bought most of the Coals.

Macro bot on 20s cant make 100k per 24 hours, thats why 1 mill adena worth $300+ right now :)

Some ppl just refuse to understand that if rates of drop adena are that low compared to exp ( not to mention vip4 exp) it will be VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to progress past 40 lvl. Well drones defending that rates are either delusional troll's or beyond stupid.

Just go to any fuking village. Noone is buying anything (excluding 50a iron ore troll dorfs). Was trying to sell NG sword (worth 160k in shop) for 80k ( i can sell it to shop for 61k) for 2 days and could not do it. Explain me drones, how you see economy of this server in 1 week ?  

5 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

Welcome to real life, where money buys happiness and poor people can go die in a corner :) 

The difference is that even p2w here is screwed and will also hit the wall, being p2w doesnt fix the adena problem

17 minutes ago, 40yodaddy said:

Agree, exp is error. But drop and spoil are normal.

Then you never play 1.0 mate.

You should see its low grade materials. Example : Sword of reflection need 200 iron ore and 200 coal with base material 3 SoR Blade. If you buying @100, then its low grade materials only 40k while the base are mean to be spoiled or just spoil them all. If I need SoR I will spoil Iron Ores and SoR Blades while bought most of the Coals.

Macro bot on 20s cant make 100k per 24 hours, thats why 1 mill adena worth $300+ right now :)

Op was comparing this to 2004 official not 1.0 KR Einstein - which I played. I was one of the top crafters and spoilers on Bartz through C1. 

100k adena back then, which is what I sold sort spears for were worth roughly $20 on ebay.

17 minutes ago, Valdie said:

Who's buying your D shots? I see streamers still buying packs of NG shots from in game store.

I'm glad that your NG grade industry is working for you and it is players like you that can find a niche and make the game work. Unfortunately, I cannot see you sustaining this process through D grade and C grade.

What happens when the server matures a bit and market is for Top D, or even C grade items? Check the spoil rates of materials and the drop / spoil rates of key parts for those items from the x1 rate wiki then apply the spoil reduction and drop rate reduction that this server has and tell me how that will be working out not just for you but for the economy as a whole.

Why dont you try buy 1k of SSD and sells it near Dion's or Giran's gatekeeper with 400A of Crystal D cost. You will see how fast it sold. Dont count other dwarfs because they are bots that auto craft SSD and auto vends it.

For C grade I might be using dual sword C since its cheaper or might crystals it and buy big blunt C in luxury shop.

1 minute ago, 40yodaddy said:

For C grade I might be using dual sword C since its cheaper or might crystals it and buy big blunt C in luxury shop.

Are you planning to go spoil / gather all the materials yourself for your C grade crafts?

I think its you who hasn't played Prelude-C3 era. It has nothing to do with EXP it has to do with adena per hour in and out. Ignore XP, if you go and grind for 10 hours you spend more on shots than you earn back. It's broken, the game gives you free gear just so it can keep you adena starved and reaching to your credit card for those soulshot packs.

If you think at level 30-40 in C1 that you couldn't afford your own soulshots to grind and still make some adena on the side you're out to lunch. In this you can't even afford soulshots alone. The rate at which you're earning adena per hour is lower than soulshots cost, how much you level or the EXP rates are irrelevant to that.

Archived