If this is true ..

KABAL

GM Marie Today at 17:22

Hello there,

I've checked this matter and verified that there's no error with the drop rate of adena nor the experience gain from mobs. However, if you think that there could be changes or improvements to the system, I encourage you to post it on our official forums, where our community team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

..then I'm afraid i'll be going to ask for a refund with paypal for all my 3 "launch packs"!

I still have faith and i'll be waiting till this week maintenance, but if nothing is changing, then I'm out.

NcSoft is starting to look more like Webzen. I loved NcSoft since I first played L2 in 2005. In 2009, I P2P'ed Aion for a good 2? years. LOVED that game, until NcSoft decided to sell the EU rights to ............................... gameforge. Wow. That was the first time I hated NcSoft for what they did. Next thing you know, they switched Lineage 2 from P2P to F2P with the pathetic GoD expansion. I played a good few months into GoD and spent some pretty decent amount of $, but the way GoD changed Lineage 2, made me to /quit it , and so, that was the 2nd time NcSoft has dissapointed me.

Now, now! I was SO excited when I saw that banner on mmorpg.com about NcSoft opening a L2 Classic server. Made all the necessary "plans" for the launch. Bought 3 packs for 3 accounts, so I can be ready to start farming and having a blast in this new adventure. 

Up until .. 20 it was .. O.K , even so, I saw people start posting about how bad the Adena/Drop/Spoil rates are. I even defended NcSoft when I was level 15. But now? At level 23 ? Nothing has any sense in this game. Like nothing. You can't say : I'm going to this place to farm for X mats so I can be able to craft Y item or to sell the X mats because of people needing them. Nope, you can't. You just ..go outside and kill mobs, with no logic on how to improve your character. And that's bad, because Lineage 2 is all about the economy, where, as of now, there is NONE.  

I'm sorry NcSoft. As I said, you are taking the Webzen approach of things. Which is VERY bad. They launched Mu "Classic" at the beginning of 2018 and since I played it in .. 2002 or so, for 1-2 years, I said to play a bit for nostalgia sake. I did..for 1 week, because the cash shop and things was as bad as yours. When I first saw the SS's in shop, I said they are there just for the very LAZY people who don't mind paying $ to buy them. But as of now, I am very much starting to believe that you put there knowing that most of the players could NOT afford the adena needed to buy SS's in order to XP and somehow, forced them to pay real money for SS's. And that .. is the worst decision ever.

Listen, I am all for making money in the view of a company. BUT, make them with style, with common sense. People would of GLADLY pay if there was a decent cash op and launch packs. Talking about launch packs, I believe you earned a big $ out of them, right? And that was before servers were live. See? People blindly gave you their hard $ because they had faith in you. You said nothing about the adena/drop/spoil nerfed stats and of course, people was taking exemples the other 1.5 official version of the game since you promoted this Classic Server as being 1.5 version with 3.0 QoL and server improvements. Do not blame players for believing that they will get a similar experience here. as they had in say L2 Classic Innova. 

The Blame is all yours, NcSoft. Fix it. And do it fast. 

/rantoff

Edit: Plus, the VERY lack of communication from your team, is very , very bad for business. Communication is everything. You do not go silence for day's. You keep replying to people concerns. Arrogance is not good and I .. believe this is what you "have" now, because you are kinda "full of you" because the servers are full right? Well , take a look at launch day from L2 Live and today players. 

Exactly!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Awep said:

Id recommend you to refund now before ncsoft does anything malicious, if everything goes well buy it back, but dont let them handle any money for now

I paid with paypal, so that should not be an issue if I ask for a refund now, or in 2 days. 

As I said, I'll be waiting for the maintenance to see if they will change something. If now, i'll refund.

Heck, even the TW version of Lineage 2 Classic has better VIP rewards. The drop there is 250% for Vip players, and as far as I heard, we have the same version of F2P as the one from TW.

http://tw.ncsoft.com/lineage2/classic/vip/index.asp 

Just now, KABAL said:

Well , you are wrong. I could easily go pass 40 since I'm not "crying" about XP. But you are missing the point. Before I defended NcSoft, I didn't knew about this rate. Now, is a different story. 

Take it as you want.

Well thanks for admitting you are ignorant, good luck getting your refund.

Just now, Zace said:

Well thanks for admitting you are ignorant, good luck getting your refund.

No need to luck. Just ask for it. 

Thanks!

PS: Ignorant because I though we were getting the same 1.5 version from other official launches? ..right!

5 minutes ago, KABAL said:

I paid with paypal, so that should not be an issue if I ask for a refund now, or in 2 days. 

As I said, I'll be waiting for the maintenance to see if they will change something. If now, i'll refund.

Heck, even the TW version of Lineage 2 Classic has better VIP rewards. The drop there is 250% for Vip players, and as far as I heard, we have the same version of F2P as the one from TW.

http://tw.ncsoft.com/lineage2/classic/vip/index.asp 

I suspect the drop rate is tied to retail servers, so they can't change it.

Having VIP give 250% drop rate would solve the problem, and is actually a great solution, because most bots/adena farmers will not VIP.

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

Having VIP give 250% drop rate would solve the problem, and is actually a great solution, because most bots/adena farmers will not VIP.

And make this server P2W? its not better to make its B2P or monthly abonament? instead of doing Truly p2w system? w/o Vip you cant do nothing.

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

I would so like NcSoft if they would boost the rates to "normal" for Vip players. 

But I suspect they wouldn't because they will lose the F2P players, and let's be honest, they are also a part of the community.

2 minutes ago, SWSbox said:

And make this server P2W? its not better to make its B2P or monthly abonament? instead of doing Truly p2w system? w/o Vip you cant do nothing.

No, effectively make it Pay to Play.

The servers should not be free, nothing is free, afterall.  You pay for it with a degraded game experience.

The free to play would be very similar to WOW's free up to level 20 promotion.  You can try out the game, but to realistically progress, you need a premium account. 

This is a common and very successful business model in online games.

19 minutes ago, KABAL said:

NcSoft is starting to look more like Webzen. I loved NcSoft since I first played L2 in 2005. In 2009, I P2P'ed Aion for a good 2? years. LOVED that game, until NcSoft decided to sell the EU rights to ............................... gameforge. Wow. That was the first time I hated NcSoft for what they did. Next thing you know, they switched Lineage 2 from P2P to F2P with the pathetic GoD expansion. I played a good few months into GoD and spent some pretty decent amount of $, but the way GoD changed Lineage 2, made me to /quit it , and so, that was the 2nd time NcSoft has dissapointed me.

in the end that company with such reputation ended up taking a better care of aion than what ncwest did it. last time i played eu had like 15x more players than na.

people should have giving l2 main servers a try and see the state of them, before trying classic. they seem similar in adena drop and other things.

The bussines model for this version is very simple...

1. No decent adena or drops..... force players to buy soulshot.
2. With constant  buying of soulshot you keep your VIP status and earn VP coins..

3. Buy materials with VIP coins to progress in gear..... go check the spoil rate for recipes, is different from mats, is not as crappy .... curious right??..

All the signs of de design are in the store. Understand what they are selling to see that a change in drops rate will not happend.
And that is indeed an end to this.  This ain´t hardcore. This is just a milking process. Once ppl reach lvls where adena do pay soulshot, cause there will be a lvl range for that, you will see more of this nonsence ....like 3rd class spellbooks on the store with close to null drop chance on server...... 

This is the design for US.. this asian really must think we have a compulsive expenditure disorder... or just stupids...

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

We have not confirmed whether the current adena drop rate is intended or not. We are still looking into this issue.

Hahaha...good one :) 

They should pay u better for selling this kind of crap.

2 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

We have not confirmed whether the current adena drop rate is intended or not. We are still looking into this issue.

OMG :D Why it takes u so long to look into this? this is obvious, how many more days/months/years u need to see this

8 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

wow you guys said that friday - how long does it take to look into it? thats rediculous lmao

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

Hello @Hime  Thanks for your attention on this issue.

Can you provide us with more information?  Your playerbase is desperate and wants to know whether they will quit or not.  :)

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

Thanks for the reply! I do not necessary blame you, since you are the middle "man" here, but being silent is bad. I know, you might not have the answers now, but .. keep communicating.

Anyway , I take it that GM Marie has no idea what she's talking about? :)

..and I really hope we will get an official answer soon about this ( and..please, not just Adena drop , but Spoil/Drop too ). 

Make "normal" drops for Vip's. As of now, I know it sounds .. selfish, but I'll take that. 

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

So few hours back GM Marie confirms the drop rate is ok and now it's "not confirmed" anymore? Nice clown fiesta you're having there :D

33 minutes ago, KABAL said:

GM Marie Today at 17:22

Hello there,

I've checked this matter and verified that there's no error with the drop rate of adena nor the experience gain from mobs. However, if you think that there could be changes or improvements to the system, I encourage you to post it on our official forums, where our community team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

..then I'm afraid i'll be going to ask for a refund with paypal for all my 3 "launch packs"!

I still have faith and i'll be waiting till this week maintenance, but if nothing is changing, then I'm out.

Now, now! I was SO excited when I saw that banner on mmorpg.com about NcSoft opening a L2 Classic server. Made all the necessary "plans" for the launch. Bought 3 packs for 3 accounts, so I can be ready to start farming and having a blast in this new adventure. 

Up until .. 20 it was .. O.K , even so, I saw people start posting about how bad the Adena/Drop/Spoil rates are. I even defended NcSoft when I was level 15. But now? At level 23 ? Nothing has any sense in this game. Like nothing. You can't say : I'm going to this place to farm for X mats so I can be able to craft Y item or to sell the X mats because of people needing them. Nope, you can't. You just ..go outside and kill mobs, with no logic on how to improve your character. And that's bad, because Lineage 2 is all about the economy, where, as of now, there is NONE.  

I'm sorry NcSoft. As I said, you are taking the Webzen approach of things. Which is VERY bad. They launched Mu "Classic" at the beginning of 2018 and since I played it in .. 2002 or so, for 1-2 years, I said to play a bit for nostalgia sake. I did..for 1 week, because the cash shop and things was as bad as yours. When I first saw the SS's in shop, I said they are there just for the very LAZY people who don't mind paying $ to buy them. But as of now, I am very much starting to believe that you put there knowing that most of the players could NOT afford the adena needed to buy SS's in order to XP and somehow, forced them to pay real money for SS's. And that .. is the worst decision ever.

Listen, I am all for making money in the view of a company. BUT, make them with style, with common sense. People would of GLADLY pay if there was a decent cash op and launch packs. Talking about launch packs, I believe you earned a big $ out of them, right? And that was before servers were live. See? People blindly gave you their hard $ because they had faith in you. You said nothing about the adena/drop/spoil nerfed stats and of course, people was taking exemples the other 1.5 official version of the game since you promoted this Classic Server as being 1.5 version with 3.0 QoL and server improvements. Do not blame players for believing that they will get a similar experience here. as they had in say L2 Classic Innova. 

The Blame is all yours, NcSoft. Fix it. And do it fast. 

/rantoff

Edit: Plus, the VERY lack of communication from your team, is very , very bad for business. Communication is everything. You do not go silence for day's. You keep replying to people concerns. Arrogance is not good and I .. believe this is what you "have" now, because you are kinda "full of you" because the servers are full right? Well , take a look at launch day from L2 Live and today players. 

Exactly!

no error, lvl 20 mobs giving 80xp, don't bs me ;)

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

Fix this crap until next maintenance or It will too late to save this server. I know most of the community is waiting for the next maintenance hoping for a fix will be come to Drop/adena/spoil.

I totally agree with Kabal. I played for a long time the classic Lineage II and the experience and rates are totally differents, there is no where to take it. Also today I have to make a queue of 600 people to enter the server and, at the end does not let you play, is unbearable.

1 minute ago, OrospuCocuguNcSoft said:

Fix this crap until next maintenance or It will too late to save this server. I know most of the community is waiting for the next maintenance hoping for a fix will be come to Drop/adena/spoil.

It wont.. nothing will happen on wednesday, if they are "still looking into it" how do you want them to make changes in 2 days

1 minute ago, WutWutWut said:

no error, lvl 20 mobs giving 80xp, don't bs me ;)

Stop with this non-sense. Yes, there are some mobs which are bugged in terms of XP, but has nothing to do with XP as a whole. This is not a real problem now, fixing 10 mobs!

Archived