If this is true ..

KABAL

Just now, marcysiek said:

It wont.. nothing will happen on wednesday, if they are "still looking into it" how do you want them to make changes in 2 days

Same as they changed the PK+4 drop on death? They done it in .. 1 day ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team

"Looking into it" is more than just deciding "yes or no." We are in discussions with the dev team on this concern raised by the community. We supplying requested information by various teams and also investigating long term impact as well.

We understand this issue is a priority for our players, and we will make an update on this issue when we have more information.

1 minute ago, OrospuCocuguNcSoft said:

Juji said Dev team looking into it like 4 days ago. So, not 2 days. Will be a whole week on Wednesday. So If NCsoft cant fix/adjust drops in 1 week then they should stop developing games.

My growing suspicion is it is more complicated than that.  My operating theory is it's tied to the drop rates of the same mobs on retail L2, and they cannot adjust one server without hitting the other.

The way around that is by amplifying the VIP bonus above 50% drop rate to something along the lines of 300%.  Easy win and within their power, likely.

Just now, Hime said:

"Looking into it" is more than just deciding "yes or no." We are in discussions with the dev team on this concern raised by the community. We supplying requested information by various teams and also investigating long term impact as well.

We understand this issue is a priority for our players, and we will make an update on this issue when we have more information.

He speaks!!  

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

meanwhile, all the free to play  players in your server:The client will be closed. Continue?

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

How about regularly scheduled updates, even if the update is,

"hey we have no more information, but we understand a lot of you are deciding if you will continue to play or not, and that these issues are very important to you and will check in again with you in 12 hours"

I think you'd buy a lot of good will with something as simple as that @Hime It won't carry you, but it will save you some business.  In the end there still needs to be a change.  Just make a post about that and lock it.  You don't need to reply to threads about it.

• L2 Team
1 minute ago, FatHips said:

How about regularly scheduled updates, even if the update is,

"hey we have no more information, but we understand a lot of you are deciding if you will continue to play or not, and that these issues are very important to you and will check in again with you in 12 hours"

I think you'd buy a lot of good will with something as simple as that @Hime It won't carry you, but it will save you some business.  In the end there still needs to be a change.  Just make a post about that and lock it.  You don't need to reply to threads about it.

Thanks, FatHips. We did just get out of the weekend so the lack of replies on issues for 48 hours didn't help. :)

Along with the Moderation team, I've been merging some threads together to bring some order around here for those who want to chat about other things, and I'll be updating a few issues right now (unfortunately, I don't have any updates from what we left off on Friday). Then move onto other tasks I have for the day.

10 minutes ago, Hime said:

Long term implication for having broken rates, is more money for nc soft.

broken rates are broken rates either fix them or you will loose alot of people.

we have provided more than enough evidence that the rates you have provided aren't classic 1.5 (like stated in your realise) or c1 rates, they are your own made up rates and they simply aren't working, also bugged (i.e. plains of dion). 

It's great and all. But L2 had a massive launch that was very warm welcome to many old school players. And then you guys seem to do your 9-5 and unplug for the weekend. While a thousands of players getting sour really fast. Could anyone (just not @Conguero please, he is rude and incredibly disrespectful to player base) at least make some updates via social media for us, so we don't feel neglected? Watching bugs is crucial and you can't just keep that at the back burner. @Hime

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

That, is a very valid concern regarding the long term impact. I believe that should be a priority, I give you that. 

But , thinking about long term impact vs current impact is..bad. You need to find a balance between the two. Keep players engaged with content in early/mid/late game is a lot better then going long term. 

I say , let free players have 50% from "normal" rates, and Vip players 100%. I am not asking for 200-300-500% , just the "x1" normal rates same as on Innova for exemple.

Maybe you over evaluated the Silver Coins farm. You though Vip players will get them at a pretty staddy rate. Nope! Level 23 on 2 chars and 22 on 1 char = 35/32/17 Silver Coins. Even if I could trade them, I couldn't of made 100 coins to buy the minimum pack with Silver Coins. Sure, then we have the very hardcores of hardcores, where in 12 hours of FULL farm, they can earn 100 Silver Coins. But .. that will not affect the economy at all!

Please go logic on changes!

Thanks!

@Hime, I'm just a customer and can't tell you how to run your business.  I also understand you are stuck in the middle.  But, come on.  You (and the dev team) know what the drop/spoil/adena/exp rates are in the game.  All you have to do is read the forum or log in and see for your self.  You (and the dev team) know, or darn well should know, what rates were intended.  Are they the same or not?  Simple yes or no achieved by simply comparing what is to what was intended.  This does not take days.  It does not require passing the buck to the dev team and waiting.  I've had it.  I'm out until these issues are resolved.

15 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Same as they changed the PK+4 drop on death? They done it in .. 1 day ?

Look, I know THEY CAN DO IT, but it seems they don't want to, or maybe not so fast :) and i guarantee you that nothing will change after wednesday mainteance :)

But if comunity lost momentum from start you can ,,close ,, server.

There is definitelly drop/xp database problem. Game is fresh but if people lost faith and you fix it one month later..... even VIP players complain about drop rate.

my 2cents:

lvl 20 and i have 12k adena. I killed 120 mobs /make half level / and drop was one stem and one suede  :D So i make spoiler. Same experience but i have extra 5 bones from spoiling:D 

47 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thanks, FatHips. We did just get out of the weekend so the lack of replies on issues for 48 hours didn't help. :)

Along with the Moderation team, I've been merging some threads together to bring some order around here for those who want to chat about other things, and I'll be updating a few issues right now (unfortunately, I don't have any updates from what we left off on Friday). Then move onto other tasks I have for the day.

Honestly, with a new product launch, you guys should be on call for emergencies.  That's how most software companies do things.  It's just part of the job (I work at a .com and understand this).  This is especially true in the gaming industry.  I'm not saying your community team needs to pull 12 hour Sundays, but not checking in over the weekend while shit explodes is unacceptable.

@Hime Thank you for the replies, and being the first one to step up.  You're going to eat a lot of flak, but it's because thousands of players are seeing the game they love go to shit over something extremely simple and obvious.   The work you've done prior to the launch on the forums and on streams has been commendable, I'd hate to see it be wasted.

Please do not say he emperor has clothes.  Please.

Just now, FatHips said:

Honestly, with a new product launch, you guys should be on call for emergencies.  That's how most software companies do things.  It's just part of the job (I work at a .com and understand this).  This is especially true in the gaming industry.  I'm not saying your community team needs to pull 12 hour Sundays, but not checking in over the weekend while shit explodes is unacceptable.

Thank you for the replies, and being the first one to step up.  You're going to eat a lot of flak, but it's because thousands of players are seeing the game they love go to shit over something extremely simple and obvious. 

Please do not say he emperor has no clothes.  Please.

Is all about money. These issue is making them money right now. People are buying the pack thinking it would help them. For god sake, the login issue alone is making them money over the week. Just wait until the money stop. then you'll see change.  Is being about the money from day one.

1 minute ago, Youhavethewrongrate said:

Is all about money. These issue is making them money right now. People are buying the pack thinking it would help them. For god sake, the login issue alone is making them money over the week. Just wait until the money stop. then you'll see change.  Is being about the money from day one.

No serious company could ever have such a short-term outlook.  It's just not possible.  I don't buy it.  The outlook was probably at least two quarters out.  I would bet they have the first year if not the first two years planned out entirely.

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

You launch a new product to thousands of consumers and dont have any need to check-in when you know there are production issues on the live product???

19 minutes ago, Hime said:

Well this is quite a 'game breaking' setting we're talking here...adena rate, exp rate, drop rate and spoil rates...all of them seems to belong to the 1.0 update and not to the 1.5 update we were suppose to get and you proudly announced...I really hope you guys will understand that you guys "screwed" it up and update to the real rates soon...it's not "histeria"...this is the simple truth. 
Please, for server's sake, fix it asap and don't let it die.

• L2 Team
Just now, FatHips said:

Thank you for the replies, and being the first one to step up.  You're going to eat a lot of flak, but it's because thousands of players are seeing the game they love go to shit over something extremely simple and obvious. 

Please do not say he emperor has no clothes.  Please.

Indeed. Everybody is on call. Our Moderation team is scheduled for the weekend as well and they offer support. I will agree it was my own naivety that previous replies and the known issues list would suffice. Oh boy. :)

I don't know that reference.

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

Indeed. Everybody is on call. Our Moderation team is scheduled for the weekend as well and they offer support. I will agree it was my own naivety that previous replies and the known issues list would suffice. Oh boy. :)

I don't know that reference.

There is a fairy tale called "The Emperor's New Clothes." In the story the Emperor is a vain man and always wants the newest fashions. A couple of swindlers convince him that the clothes they are making him are of such fine quality that only the most elevated people can see them. He can't admit that he's not the most elevated person, so he wears the clothes in the palace, and everyone bows down and says what a fine set of clothes he has because they are afraid to contradict the Emperor. Then he goes out and leads a parade to show off his new clothes to the people (lack of foresight on his part, unless he thinks all his people are highly elevated.) Everyone pretends to admire the clothes except one little boy who yells out "But the Emperor has no clothes." The moral is that because of pretentiousness and social hypocricy people pretend to know about or agree with certain things because it makes them look better. And also, I suppose, that the honesty of the innocent is best.

Archived