If this is true ..

KABAL

29 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

It's not about what YOU like, no one cares about that. Fact is...our current rates belong to the patch 1.0. We're suppose to have a 1.5.
Even tho, we're running a 3.0 version downgraded to 1.5. This means we were suppose to have all the rates being increased by like...2-4x the actual rates. 
Sorry to burst ur bubble tho...If they would have told us the rates were 1.0...trust me, lots of players would have never started. We came here for a classic 1.5, not a 1.0. 

Could you provide me official info where 1.5 classic's rates were different from 1.0? I just checked the 1.5 changelog, there is nothing about the change of rates there. If some custom classic changed their rates when updating from 1.0 to 1.5 it doesn't mean it should have been same here. 

btw: I said personally! read that first and then make statements about who cares about what. I m providing a subjective opinion here just like everybody else. I don't come here and say that I don't care about your opinions, do I?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zangles said:

No, they did not say it either. And I understand that it is a way to promote the purchase of things in the store. But that must be well balanced. If you give more than anyone will buy, if you give little (as now) you will have serious problems for the basic sustainability of the player. Remember that it is a free game and have to take money from somewhere. But they must do it well, not like that.
But I go back to the same thing. Unfortunately they did not mention anything about the rates. So keep comparing them with C1 or the Russian server I see little use. If I consider that they have to make an urgent adjustment, because the amount fixed is very low and prevents the common player from surviving

But with normal (x1) rates ppl would still buy items from l2store to get event bigger rates... I was also considering buying some coins, or launch packs to get some bonuses, but now im GLAD i didn't do it..

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Indeed. Everybody is on call. Our Moderation team is scheduled for the weekend as well and they offer support. I will agree it was my own naivety that previous replies and the known issues list would suffice. Oh boy. :)

I don't know that reference.

@Hime Thank you for your responses. This type of communication is truly what we need from you guys right now, even if we don't always get the answers we want. This should have been a priority over things like the 1hr stream event with Juji. (which really just kinda felt like a slap in the face)

Obviously you're not expected to make multiple replies to every thread, but the community really does need a little more communication from you guys.

12 minutes ago, Zangles said:

where does it say that the server will have the same rates as the Russian server? It is true that current rates are a problem because more than encouraging the user to buy things with ncoins is forcing them. They said that they would give a server with classic 1.5 but I have not seen that they said they would have the same rates (I can be wrong, correct me if that is the case)

Dude...this is easy to understand. 
You announced a 1.5 patch with some quality of live improvements. So you took the latest update (3.0) and downgraded it so it fits to a 1.5 but 'better'. Since we got some cool things as Missions and skills. 
But then, out of nowhere, once the server is up and lots of players threw 30-50$ into the game for the start...surprise. Adena, xp, spoil and drop rates belongs to the 1.0 patch.
1.5 patch was the same in all the servers. That improved a lot the farming and allowed players to keep up with gears and groceries. 
Lots of players, even RU, left the classic 'cause of the 1.0 rates and came back once the 1.5 was live. This is the same for us. You announced 1.5, give us 1.5 patch rates.

18 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

You announced a 1.5 patch with some quality of live improvements. So you took the latest update (3.0) and downgraded it so it fits to a 1.5 but 'better'. Since we got some cool things as Missions and skills. 

I don't need Missions and new dance moves, take free teleportation too. Give me adena/spoil/drop rates! I can live without new fancy UX, but I can't go on being poor as a church mouse.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

"Looking into it" is more than just deciding "yes or no." We are in discussions with the dev team on this concern raised by the community. We supplying requested information by various teams and also investigating long term impact as well.

We understand this issue is a priority for our players, and we will make an update on this issue when we have more information.

This comment is disheartening. Are you confirming that this was intended and the consequences (ie: didn't expect the lower rates to be that impactful early on) were more severe than anticipated? Because this coupled with the fact that the Adena/item drop rates still remain missing from your known issues thread paints this picture.

My guess, as others have already pointed out, is that the intent was for the nerfed rates to not be as noticable at low levels by supplementing the lack of Adena/item drops with the ability to not spend Adena on shots and the silver coins to supplement items.

I agree with @FatHips . Adopt the WoW approach. Free to 20, pay to play after that. Any account with a subscription gets normal drop rates. Newbie quests supplement the lower drop rates of free 1-20 levels.

What has essentially been done in the  case of Classic servers is NCSoft has dammed the river before the water even reached the farms. The economy is non-existent and has no water to even begin to grow. Classic doesn't just need the rates to be adjusted for it to survive, it needs the rates adjusted to even begin to live.

1 minute ago, Victra said:

This comment is disheartening. Are you confirming that this was intended and the consequences (ie: didn't expect the lower rates to be that impactful early on) were more severe than anticipated? Because this coupled with the fact that the Adena/item drop rates still remain missing from your known issues thread paints this picture.

My guess, as others have already pointed out, is that the intent was for the nerfed rates to not be as noticable at low levels by supplementing the lack of Adena/item drops with the ability to not spend Adena on shots and the silver coins to supplement items.

I agree with FatHips. Adopt the WoW approach. Free to 20, pay to play after that. Any account with a subscription gets normal drop rates. Newbie quests supplement the lower drop rates of free 1-20 levels.

What has essentially been done in the  case of Classic servers is NCSoft has dammed the river before the water even reached the farms. The economy is non-existent and has no water to even begin to grow. Classic doesn't just need the rates to be adjusted for it to survive, it needs the rates adjusted to even begin to live.

As long as the coffers are being filled there will not be change.
Such potential, such amazing potential squandered by greed, wrapped in lies and deceit... We were lied to from the beginning, no mention of these nerfs; how were we supposed to make an educated decision before buying into Classic??

28 minutes ago, Reniesta said:

I don't need Missions and new dance moves, take free teleportation too. Give me adena/spoil/drop rates! I can live without new fancy UX, but I can't go on being poor as a church mouse.

Fact is...all of those things were into the several update who were coming after the 1.5 patch. 
The rates were improved since 1.5.
So we were suppose to get ALL of those things, not just some. Let's wait 'till next restart and see what they do. 

1 minute ago, xHaseo said:

Fact is...all of those things were into the several update who were coming after the 1.5 patch. 
The rates were improved since 1.5.
So we were suppose to get ALL of those things, not just some. Let's wait 'till next restart and see what they do. 

they gonna still be laughing at us, buy vip pack if u whant login but even if u do u not gonna get anything better they dont care they already take your money and now looking to the other side

I, for one, am enjoying this Spider-Farming-Simulator.  It's the real classic experience to run the quest 50 times a week to afford SoEs and Spirit Shots to grind 2 levels. 

Also a fair warning for players just coming back to game (who haven't dealt with L2 support in a couple years) - this isn't the first time the Support Ticket GM response and the Forum CM Response are completely different and contradicting.  Take what you get on your support tickets with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Hi Kabal,

We have not confirmed whether the current adena drop rate is intended or not. We are still looking into this issue.

Come on @Hime please give us atleast an ETA for this issue conclusion alot of friends and some clan leaders i know are waiting for the outcome, to continue or not playing.

7 hours ago, Zangles said:

Remember that it is a free game and have to take money from somewhere.

Don't try to justify the crap Ncsoft is pulling with that terrible excuse. There are plenty of free to play games that don't resort to these kinds of tactics to make money hand over fist. Fortnite, Path of exile, warframe, and more all are making solid money with simple non game breaking cash shops. There are MANY more examples but I'm 5 minutes from having to leave for work so I don't have time to go in further depth on that. Why/how? Basically if a developer makes a good game that people enjoy playing then people WILL buy things just to support the developers.

I played both betas (pre-wipe and post wipe) c2+ on the retail servers. This "classic" version is nothing like any of those versions. The drop rates are terrible and xp has been nerfed in a bid to force people to hand over money just to make some progress. NCsoft has a long history of doing really dumb things like this out of greed/short shortsightedness. Take Aion for example. There was a game that looked beautiful had pretty fun and engaging pvp and pve. The game sold millions and was well on it's way to being a real competitor to WoW. Until the bots took over and Ncsoft did nothing about it. Then people started failing to get critical/expensive parts of end game gear because RNG. By that point even the densest person would begin to realize that almost their entire game experience was ruled by RNG. Instead of fixing the RNG issues or the bots Ncsoft just let the game coast on. A lost golden opportunity for a company to reassert itself in the MMORPG arena. This is happening again with lineage 2 classic. Here NCsoft has a golden opportunity to get some real numbers playing L2 again. The launch of classic was definitely a success with a lot of people playing. Once again though NCsoft is refusing to address the issues at hand. This time at least we know the motivation and it's pure greed. Note making money is the goal of most companies and I have no issue with that. What I'm calling greed is intentionally nerfing drops rates substantially to force people to buy from the cash shop. Fix the drop rates and you'll see the money roll in as people will continue to pay real money for shots and cosmetics. Heck you might even see a larger rate of income as a result of the good will generated with he playerbase.

As it is I'll probably play for another week or so as I finish up my reminiscing of a better game era before the lack of drop rates drives me from the game.

EDIT: To clarify I was referring to hot hearts in AION. You would spend a fortune to get the parts and then click a button for a random chance of success. I knew several people who failed three or more times. You needed the heart to finish the quest chain for end game gear. Ncsoft did eventually fix this but it was well after the game had crashed and burned.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Thanks, FatHips. We did just get out of the weekend so the lack of replies on issues for 48 hours didn't help. :)

Along with the Moderation team, I've been merging some threads together to bring some order around here for those who want to chat about other things, and I'll be updating a few issues right now (unfortunately, I don't have any updates from what we left off on Friday). Then move onto other tasks I have for the day.

Thank you @Hime for looking into the adena issue. Also one other item I would like to point out if you are aware of is that some mobs by Gludio at level 20 are only giving 200 exp, which I believe is a huge bug. Because other mobs near there are giving like 1,000 exp. So I wonder if you guys are also aware of that bug as well? But yes the Adena is an issue when people aren't even spending it to even buy SOEs. I have seen people forced to use the unstuck command just to avoid using SOE's because they aren't making enough adena. 

11 minutes ago, epifan1 said:

Right now i am just fishing and looking on forum what the Dev decide in accordance with the drop/exp rate,if no changes i think a lot of people might leave,just waiting for a decision.

Yep most people are doing that or Spider quest or low lvl safe no SS farm or cloud poison aoes.

5 minutes ago, Zevon said:

Thank you @Hime for looking into the adena issue. Also one other item I would like to point out if you are aware of is that some mobs by Gludio at level 20 are only giving 200 exp, which I believe is a huge bug. Because other mobs near there are giving like 1,000 exp. So I wonder if you guys are also aware of that bug as well? But yes the Adena is an issue when people aren't even spending it to even buy SOEs. I have seen people forced to use the unstuck command just to avoid using SOE's because they aren't making enough adena. 

Also out of Dion monsters are giving 100-150 exp

4 hours ago, KABAL said:

GM Marie Today at 17:22

Hello there,

I've checked this matter and verified that there's no error with the drop rate of adena nor the experience gain from mobs. However, if you think that there could be changes or improvements to the system, I encourage you to post it on our official forums, where our community team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

..then I'm afraid i'll be going to ask for a refund with paypal for all my 3 "launch packs"!

I just wanted to say 'HAHAHA' (or jajaja how some people write it)

and I think the best response to your topic is the post of yours from a few days ago towards me... :>

On 10/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, KABAL said:

Geez! Shut up!

I'm old enough to know that shit happens. You can cry about "as a customer" once the servers are live. You didn't pay for the Lineage 2 game. You paid for some IN-GAME goods.

Now off you go!

1 minute ago, Helv said:

I just wanted to say 'HAHAHA' (or jajaja how some people write it)

and I think the best response to your topic is the post of yours from a few days ago towards me... :>

You missed the point where I said "I defended NcSoft when I was level 15"? Or what? Yes, that was few days ago!

I think they really want to do something but is more complicated, in business decision terms, than fix rates and wooala. One movement that seems to show this, is the fact that they "resolve" quest for spiritshot for mage and prevent a lot of people buy a pack in l2store or leave the server... Al least i prefer think in that way...

4 hours ago, Hime said:

"Looking into it" is more than just deciding "yes or no." We are in discussions with the dev team on this concern raised by the community. We supplying requested information by various teams and also investigating long term impact as well.

We understand this issue is a priority for our players, and we will make an update on this issue when we have more information.

Could you tell us what u guys discussing? " Shall we give them what we offered? Or milk them as much as we can?". In stream and patch notes u said it will be 1.5 features. Are you guys discussing rates after server launch? So if you decide it will have bad effect on server, u are not going to make server as you promised us? Is it ur new business model? It's been a week u gotta say more than "our team work on it"... This bullshit makes us even more uncomfortable since we didnt hear smthng different for days....

5 hours ago, FatHips said:

My growing suspicion is it is more complicated than that.  My operating theory is it's tied to the drop rates of the same mobs on retail L2, and they cannot adjust one server without hitting the other.

The way around that is by amplifying the VIP bonus above 50% drop rate to something along the lines of 300%.  Easy win and within their power, likely.

I'm in agreement. They likely share the same DB - paired with the fact that L2 LIVE was also affected by the maintenance steers me into the shared DB idea due to tied accounts for both LIVE and Classic.

Archived