The real issue with Adena / Drop / Spoil

Taunt

So not a flame thread, and I know the dev's are already 'Checking if the rates were intentional' however just wanted to point a few things out about the rates that might have already been mentioned or not just so it's out there when they're discussing the rates with the devs.

So being someone who has played other official classics, our adena rate (This is the only one I can really 100% confirm, can't check drop or spoil properly) is at 35% of that of other versions of classic currently available.

Now this can be for one of three reason (With solutions, because when you present problems, you should have solutions too) that I have come up with.

1. We just never got the 'Adena Hot Fix' that other classic servers got when they went from 1.0 to 1.5, when they realized the adena rates would not work for the longevity of the server.
    Solution: Implement this 'Hot Fix'.

2. Purely Un-Intentional bug with our version of the server
    Solution: Find out why, and resolve.

3. Due to our server being Free-to-Play versus Pay-to-Play we have 'Alternative Rates' compared to KR, RU, and EU. Thus the rates being intentional. Due to the fact that these rates will not support an economy for very long, there must be a way to balance it out or else RMT will just be the only solution on the server which will result in just more botting, less players and eventually no-one playing much like the state of live servers.
    Solution: VIP will affect not only drop, but Adena/Spoil rates to lift them to that of a 'Paid Player'. I know a lot of people will hate the idea of a 'paid solution' but if its intentional based on the service model, there needs to be a way to get the proper rates.

Now before we get a lot of people saying things like 'The rates are fine, you shouldn't need blah and blah, or i know people with top gear already if anything this is too easy! Blargh'. Early game play drops are much easier and will support early stages of the game, also with the current drop event implemented 'Memorable Raid Event' there has been a larger than normal inlfux of N, D and C grade items into the market, that would normally be much more far and few in-between.

So while you guys work out current issues, and still discuss things with the dev teams @Juji and @Hime please take this post into consideration.

Cheers,

See you guys in game.

Before everyone starts arguing about XP rates, it has nothing to do with that. Ignore XP and grind for an hour, tell me how much adena you earned and how much you spent on soulshots. And please do this at lvl 30, not at level 20 after you're still fresh off your NPC soulshot rewards.

It's bonkers, you basically run a deficit on grinding if you're using soulshots. And stop with the "when I was level 14 on C1 i used soulshots every other attack. Once you hit level 30 or 40 back then you could afford shots, alacrity potions, hell sometimes even buy buffs from buffers and still save adena to get gear.

In this frankenstein verison of classic (was nothing like EU) you're constantly adena starved and given free gear from NPC so they can keep you adena starved and reaching for your wallet to buy those soulshot packs.

And for the last time it has nothing to do with XP, it has to do with how much it cost to grind for an hour and how much you earn back. It's broken, or fookin raw as Gordon Ramsay puts it.

I don't know I love classic, I love hardcore, but the big draw to coming back to the grind of days past is that back when the game was this hard, it also was rewarding. You felt a progression in your character and the game. I'm currently still having lots of fun since I have a stockpile of soulshot from the NCStore, however when this batch runs out I won't buy anymore since it adds up over time, I should be at the state now at my level (Just about 30, with a top NG weapon) being able to successfully farm with shots every now and then, plus a few healing potions etc and still make a few thousand adena on top of that per buff round, but this is just not the case.

4 hours ago, Oreoloveboss said:

Before everyone starts arguing about XP rates, it has nothing to do with that. Ignore XP and grind for an hour, tell me how much adena you earned and how much you spent on soulshots. And please do this at lvl 30, not at level 20 after you're still fresh off your NPC soulshot rewards.

It's bonkers, you basically run a deficit on grinding if you're using soulshots. And stop with the "when I was level 14 on C1 i used soulshots every other attack. Once you hit level 30 or 40 back then you could afford shots, alacrity potions, hell sometimes even buy buffs from buffers and still save adena to get gear.

In this frankenstein verison of classic (was nothing like EU) you're constantly adena starved and given free gear from NPC so they can keep you adena starved and reaching for your wallet to buy those soulshot packs.

And for the last time it has nothing to do with XP, it has to do with how much it cost to grind for an hour and how much you earn back. It's broken, or fookin raw as Gordon Ramsay puts it.

I agree completely, this is nothing like what I experienced way back in the day. And as Taunt mentioned I am over spending  a dime on this soul/spirit shot pack business once my batch is gone. I expected some crazy cash shop shenanigans from NCSoft but shots? 'cmon.

It is totally UNPLAYABLE game after 25+ lvl... My group of friends are really pissed off so If NC SOFT won't fix the adena/spoild/drop rates soon We are out !!!

Example: We killed about 25+ mobs using AoE per train (Ol Mahums 20lvl+) and they are dropping 1 or 2 materials per train ! Can you believe that ?

NC SOFT this is your last chance to keep L2 servers alive as the main Lineage 2 version is dying in agony now so do you want the same with Classic ?

For what I noticed between friends higher problem is even to get other weapon than the one you get from starter quest.

Glads with a pew pew sword, myself playing monk having a sword and no drops luck now stuck at 25, cant use any skill and my mastery is fists only so me patk is a joke...

Without some weapon quest for a low D or a higher NG a lot classes are getting behind unless you get luck, CL are getting most problems with the prices to lvl clans in a legit way...

Archived