Issues Status Update - 10.8.2018

Hime

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m 25 with 80k adena. VIP 4 and I only used nccoins for shots. I have 8 iron ore 9 stem and 4 animal skin. No drops whatsoever. If you’re telling me this is ok you are out of your mind. Fix the damn adena / drop/ spoil rate or you have a dead server. I think we all should go on a strike. Not playing for a day just to prove a point. 

34 minutes ago, NightMother said:

I’m 25 with 80k adena. VIP 4 and I only used nccoins for shots. I have 8 iron ore 9 stem and 4 animal skin. No drops whatsoever. If you’re telling me this is ok you are out of your mind. Fix the damn adena / drop/ spoil rate or you have a dead server. I think we all should go on a strike. Not playing for a day just to prove a point. 

i have lvl 22 vip 0 and have much  more then you got (mats/cash). If you dont want to play just dont. Its hardcore old l2. If you need easy start go play live servers.

5 minutes ago, Cruchy said:

i have lvl 22 vip 0 and have much  more then you got (mats/cash). If you dont want to play just dont. Its hardcore old l2. If you need easy start go play live servers.

there is always someone that says everytihng is good while infact its not

Dude spare me with your l2 philosophy. I know hardcore l2. But in my case I had no drops whatsoever and I’m playing solo. Mob by mob. Go farm 2 weeks for a spell book if you’re ok with that but I have chars on all off classic servers and this one has rigged rates. 

1 minute ago, airfathaaaaa said:

there is always someone that says everytihng is good while infact its not

Its easy if you need money go for money quests, need exp go for xp quest. Back in time ppl needed 3 days to reach lvl 20. Here on 2nd day streamer on twitch had lvl 40. (Playing destro). If I/somoeone else dont know how to do it its doesnt mean that its imposible.

1 minute ago, Cruchy said:

Its easy if you need money go for money quests, need exp go for xp quest. Back in time ppl needed 3 days to reach lvl 20. Here on 2nd day streamer on twitch had lvl 40. (Playing destro). If I/somoeone else dont know how to do it its doesnt mean that its imposible.

you are one of those "back in the days" guys i got it

back in the day i could spoil even at pre 20 lvl sell bandages and arrows and random recipes for few adena  and i could buy shots and heal pots and mayyyyyybe 1-2 alacrities for the prof change..now i cant even buy shots because i need to save the money for heal pots to survive the prof change 

spoil rate is abysmal drop rate gives me more materials than spoil..and there is no hope on getting a d grade weapon because apparently there isnt a single shop selling ssd below 20 because no crafter can sustain itself 

5 minutes ago, NightMother said:

Dude spare me with your l2 philosophy. I know hardcore l2. But in my case I had no drops whatsoever and I’m playing solo. Mob by mob. Go farm 2 weeks for a spell book if you’re ok with that but I have chars on all off classic servers and this one has rigged 

have you played l2 10-15 years a go? That was rl madness. Im not saying thats its normal spoil rate, there is no bugs etc, coz they are and need fix. but concidering strikes is bullshit

1 minute ago, airfathaaaaa said:

you are one of those "back in the days" guys i got it

back in the day i could spoil even at pre 20 lvl sell bandages and arrows and random recipes for few adena  and i could buy shots and heal pots and mayyyyyybe 1-2 alacrities for the prof change..now i cant even buy shots because i need to save the money for heal pots to survive the prof change 

spoil rate is abysmal drop rate gives me more materials than spoil..and there is no hope on getting a d grade weapon because apparently there isnt a single shop selling ssd below 20 because no crafter can sustain itself 

Yes spoil rate need fix you got right. But dont think if "strike" will solve this problem. 

I have a totally separate question here - is it possible that Adena drop and Drop/Spoil rate in general should have been affected by VIP status but currently isn't?

I can't see a difference between my char's drop and that of a non-VIP one.

Funnily enough non-VIP players in my clan have actually gotten more full drops than I have.(it's all RNG I know, I know but still)

27 minutes ago, Bastor said:

I have a totally separate question here - is it possible that Adena drop and Drop/Spoil rate in general should have been affected by VIP status but currently isn't?

Funnily enough non-VIP players in my clan have actually gotten more full drops than I have.(it's all RNG I know, I know but still)

At lvl 4 drop its +50% so if i have a chance 1/4000 you got 1,5/4000. Its not changeing much. At 12k moobs i will get 2 full drops and you will get 3.

15 minutes ago, Dommele said:

Sure? Can whe confirm it? If so, it’s ok for me jajjaja

Not sure about classic, but yeah, it was like that back in the day. It also went down to 1% at 76 or 78 IIRC.

4 hours ago, AmusingName003 said:

1. This kind of status update is extremely important to a lot of players. A lot of us just want to know what is going on and a simple post like this will prevent hundreds of doomsday threads from polluting the forums. Radio silence is really annoying. Thanks for doing this, it's huge.

2. The adena issue is also huge. No one is asking for private server rates, we just want the true classic rates for PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Personally, I think the current rate is fine for the freeloaders, but the rates for paying customers should be scaled up based on VIP tier, with VIP4 being the true classic rate from prelude/C1.

I love the way it costs $50 to reach VIP4 (what an L2 account used to cost) and almost exactly $15/month to maintain VIP4 status. This is a really great system. You can hook players in without a huge $50 barrier to entry and a monthly subscription, and once people know they like the game, they can make the choice to shell out some money or play with a handicap. 

As things stand though, there's just not enough adena in the game for the economy to function. It's like being in a recession. No one can afford to buy anything, so no one else can make money selling things. It's an absolute disaster. We need adena in the economy so people can buy the things we find, and in turn, we can buy things from other people (or from NPC's if that's what it comes to). Free quest armor and other gibsmedats from the mission system are an extremely poor substitute for a properly functioning economy. Back in real classic, there was no need for any of this nonsense, because there were all kinds of opportunities for players to make adena by playing the economy.

By 24, I had a mid d-grade weapon and a manticore set in prelude. The freebies were simply not necessary because the economy was healthy and robust.

The economy was half the game in real classic L2. Players would spend as much time wandering through Giran, hunting for good deals, as they did hunting monsters. It was actually possible to flip things for a profit, because there were a bunch of people who had adena and wanted to get something without having to wait around for the best deal possible, so when you stumbled on a good deal, you could snatch it up and re-sell later. There were all kinds of opportunities like this when there is adena flowing in the economy and these opportunities simply don't exist right now.

You must be joking right? If they make it that way, then simply make the server private and not free to play.

What's with the logic behind your deluded thoughts that this would actually work? You do realize that this would discourage players that don't pay to stop playing, right? Thus as the guy previously quoted you, the server will be left off only with the ones that pay for something and there will be no economy. I mean the game isn't only around the ones who pay. I could agree with limited support of the free servers against the paid ones but not this.

I've kinda overwhelmed the fact that VIP are getting passed the queue instantly while I'm waiting 5 minutes and then getting kicked out, so I made a char on another server, but some proposals here are getting out of hand like yours.

As a final thought the rates are ridiculous and we can't afford to buy anything.

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello, this will be a daily status update on the priority issues reported since the launch of Classic last week. For other known issues, please click here.

• Client will close (after queue) - we are still testing our fix for this which would allow players more time to enter the game after they reach the end of the queue
  • Accounts Blocked/Locked - Our Support team is experiencing a high volume of tickets. Please hang tight and a Support team member will get to your issue as soon as they can. Do not bump your ticket in the meantime. Current response time is between 24 to 30 hours.
  • "Take A Spiritshot Pack" quest reward - we are testing the fix that was received. In the meantime, you can pick up a Spiritshot Bundle (once per account) here.
  • Adena Drop Rate - We understand the concerns brought up with the current rate, and this is still under review with the appropriate teams.

I will be signing off for the night and return tomorrow morning.

Is this is joke ?you say its gona take 24to 36 h till support contact you? I wait 3 days already ,still no answers or explain whats going on with my main account (weaselq1@yahoo.com) i send all my details location/ date of birth / last 4 nubers of my card  account.. still nothing. But when charge your bank account to take money for ncoints your system/support work really fast.. but when you need to fix your own mistakes  because  your anti bot system sucks... u dont have time for this. 3 days already 3 days....
P.S My request number is 22076065

The only unbalanced things in this classic server are all those new quests from lvl 3 to 18 which gave us unreal amount of exp, and all those free wpns and free arrmors and free soul shots, free tps, all those buffs we have. So we easily reached lvl 20 skipping all non-grade and items and now we are crying that its hard to grind for d grade. IT IS x1, its suppose to be like this. Its only a day 5 or 6 while server is online. What the hell do you want? Free d wpn? Armor not enough? In x1 we suppose use ships for traveling, run miles or pay adenas for tp, and GRIND and pay attention to all those non grade recipes and parts, craft non grade items, sell them, use them, and then expect that maybe one day we will get a lucky drop.

1 hour ago, Bastor said:

I did do testing on 2 accounts with low level mobs.  That way drop rates are pretty high and 50% should be noticeable.  One was VIP 4 and the other was VIP 0.  Granted my sample size wasn't large, 100 mobs on each.  But the VIP 0 actually got 2 more full drops than the VIP 4.  Mats were pretty much the same and adena was a wee bit higher on VIP 4 account.  This would actually all be within margin of error if VIP 4 didn't give increased drop rate (if both were the same).  Now one could argue that it's still RNG and it's still possible even if VIP 4 is working.  But I think if you want people to spend $50 that an advertised feature should be noticeable.

Even if they raise the rates, they will keep them under 1x, so people will still have to buy from store...

A solution, for them to gain money and for us to play without p2w, would be to keep the store only for cosmetic stuff and allow only 1 window. If someone wants to have a second window, they have to pay a big fee. In this way everyone has equal chances in pvp/pve and playing only 1 toon actively is great for the community.

Archived