Issues Status Update - 10.8.2018

Hime

11 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Those who can afford to fish with shots (an adena sink) have a slight competitive advantage. Those who can afford to fish when the quest pole expires (another adena sink), have a slight competitive advantage.

While true about shots, that market will be so deflated it won't really matter. 

After the first 10 day poles expire nobody will fish, because the market will be deflated for months by the initial flush so nobody will bother buying a rod for a long time.  They'll make new characters, so its actually a time sink not adena one.  It sure is not worth buying a pole now.  Maybe if there was never free ones it would be worth it.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Usually that leads to you never starting to develop a perfect solution, because there are always "more gooder" kinds of requests with a higher priority. But that's not my point. Pissing off paying customers because freeloaders cannot log in is not a "more gooder" solution.

Agreed about the development cycle, but that's reality more often than not (even in companies like Amazon).

Few issues with the login issue.

There is apparently a cap of amount of traffic each server can handle, that cap cannot be easily changed.  This could be either software or hardware based, but it's likely a software restriction based on hardware specifications, or contractual limitations with their DNS or security third party.  My guessing is it revolves around their security and traffic scrubbing to prevent DOS attacks.  This is not realistic to change on anything other than a Yearly timeline.  Therefore there is a hard ceiling to the amount of players who can login.

NC should obviously prioritize those who have paid for their service over those who have not.  This cannot really be argued. 

Someone has to lose.  But their technical solution for the queue needs to be improved, because as you said, it does affect the pay players as well as the free ones.

3 minutes ago, Ghinto said:

CAUSE NCOSFT SUX, THEY WILL NEVER FIX IT CAUSE VIP HAVE PRIORITY ON THE QUEUE

ANSWERING POSTS LIKE THESE GET YOU IGNORED AND ALSO SILENCES YOUR OTHERWISE VALID COMPLAINTS.

Can someone translate to Portuguese and Spanish?

1 minute ago, Ghinto said:

CAUSE NCOSFT SUX, THEY WILL NEVER FIX IT CAUSE VIP HAVE PRIORITY ON THE QUEUE

If this type of 'priority login' is currently in place, and not advertised as being in effect, then wouldn't this classify as a scam given people followed solicited game advertisements, may have purchased a pkge for a character to try & cannot get in any other char? Or, did I miss the solicited ads stated a 'priority login system'?

Keep in mind my comment is only hypothetical given @Hime and crew still haven't unblocked toons they stated were fixed.

3 minutes ago, LordMcWind said:

If this type of 'priority login' is currently in place, and not advertised as being in effect, then wouldn't this classify as a scam given people followed solicited game advertisements, may have purchased a pkge for a character to try & cannot get in any other char? Or, did I miss the solicited ads stated a 'priority login system'?

Keep in mind my comment is only hypothetical given @Hime and crew still haven't unblocked toons they stated were fixed.

Did NC ever guarantee in a written contract or advertised that any player free or on a paying account be able to ever login with 100% up time?  The answer is no and very few software companies would ever agree to such terms.  My company has an SLA with a fortune 5 company and we still have wiggle room in our contract language to allow for some downtime.  According to the EULA you all signed when making an account, all accounts belong to NC and they can admit or revoke them as they wish when and if they have reason and they can either tell you or not tell you.  Not to mention, you're technically buying NCCoins, not time of access to these accounts, it's not the old days.

That said, it's not very good policy to keep people in the dark about it.  But going down this argumental path is just sour grapes, and pointless so don't bother.

17 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello, this will be a daily status update on the priority issues reported since the launch of Classic last week. For other known issues, please click here.

• Client will close (after queue) - we are still testing our fix for this which would allow players more time to enter the game after they reach the end of the queue
  • Accounts Blocked/Locked - Our Support team is experiencing a high volume of tickets. Please hang tight and a Support team member will get to your issue as soon as they can. Do not bump your ticket in the meantime. Current response time is between 24 to 30 hours.
  • "Take A Spiritshot Pack" quest reward - we are testing the fix that was received. In the meantime, you can pick up a Spiritshot Bundle (once per account) here.
  • Adena Drop Rate - We understand the concerns brought up with the current rate, and this is still under review with the appropriate teams.

I will be signing off for the night and return tomorrow morning.

Are we going to get an answer to any of the problems today that will be implemented in the udpate tomorrow? I am curious if I need to waste 5 more hours xping tonight. Thanks.

@Hime

18 minutes ago, FatHips said:

They'll make new characters, so its actually a time sink not adena one.  It sure is not worth buying a pole now.  Maybe if there was never free ones it would be worth it.

While exp gained from fishing is not that big, fishing still gives a possibility to gain exp while being AFK in a peace zone. Fishing on alts won't give that exp to the mains.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

While exp gained from fishing is not that big, it still gives a possibility to gain exp while being AFK in a peace zone. Fishing on alts won't give that exp to the mains.

imo this is just as bad as instancing and exactly one of the main things wrong with retail.

That's why I don't want it.  Anything done AFK other than sell shops should be gone.  But, it's reality, however disabling the fishing NPC's for a few days would be good for the server health right now. But again, they probably cannot do that either.

• L2 Team

Hi all, there will be a scheduled maintenance tomorrow that will resolve some of the issues. Confirmation of the issues and fixes will be in the maintenance notice that will be available in a few hours as we finalized the details.

Just now, Hime said:

Hi all, there will be a scheduled maintenance tomorrow that will resolve some of the issues. Confirmation of the issues and fixes will be in the maintenance notice that will be available in a few hours as we finalized the details.

Thanks you're the best. @Hime

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

is there gonna be something about drops ? @Hime

@FatHips "Did NC ever guarantee in a written contract or advertised that any player free or on a paying account be able to ever login......"

Seriously...you are kinda trollin' on that one...paying for an account and unable to log in when someone paid $ and received less than a day of ability followed by 7 days of block......

Now look what you did....you made me burn my lunch! :( 

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

if not drops/adena/spoil included, then good bye. Im not gonna feed a fraud company

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

Never have I ever seen a more impatient playerbase... Hang in there @Hime @Juji

6 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

They not gonna change drop rate, believe me :)

If they don't fix rates it just means they're going to add c/b grade crafting packs and save tickets to the store. As the current rates severely hamper progression past d grade. That'll be the sign it's time to bail.

20 minutes ago, Hime said:

Depending on your notice Hime it will make or break the game for alot of users. Hope it is a good choice.

3 minutes ago, Jackl said:

If they don't fix rates it just means they're going to add c/b grade crafting packs and save tickets to the store. As the current rates severely hamper progression past d grade. That'll be the sign it's time to bail.

I just pay the VIP 2 today, if they add some kind of items to the shop, im out, that retarded pay to win stuff is not allowed anymore.

AFiMnxp.jpg

27 minutes ago, LordMcWind said:

@FatHips "Did NC ever guarantee in a written contract or advertised that any player free or on a paying account be able to ever login......"

Seriously...you are kinda trollin' on that one...paying for an account and unable to log in when someone paid $ and received less than a day of ability followed by 7 days of block......

Now look what you did....you made me burn my lunch! :( 

You did not pay for the account access. Simple as that.

Archived