Issues Status Update - 10.8.2018

Hime

20%? I know 2000 people at least right now in giran who are afk fishing and waiting Tomorrow Fix,to see if they will leave or not.Trust me if they dont fix rates tomorrow classic servers will not be heavy anymore, they will be normal to light.Only Vip 4 will stay for 1-2 months and eventually leave too.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sutrius said:

well the full servers doesnt mean is wery active, most spots are empty most of the day, simply because most of that online is fishing, private stores and just people afk who dont want to be kicked, after maintenance you will see how long it takes to go full

I have my characters all day long, that's because I can not enter later, even if half of the people leave, it's 3 times more people than the Live servers.

If you modify the game so that it is as easy as those that are already open, there will be more people who are going to leave.

The main cause of people leaving is that they can not enter because the server throws it. No XP/Adena rate.

4 minutes ago, rangomal said:

20%? I know 2000 people at least right now in giran who are afk fishing and waiting Tomorrow Fix,to see if they will leave or not.Trust me if they dont fix rates tomorrow classic servers will not be heavy anymore, they will be normal to light.Only Vip 4 will stay for 1-2 months and eventually leave too.

20% ?? i  think 80% of server quit if not fix to x1  and allow to 1 box... and stop idiots event with chest..... 1box  should be max...

20 minutes ago, Balerion said:

I have my characters all day long, that's because I can not enter later, even if half of the people leave, it's 3 times more people than the Live servers.

If you modify the game so that it is as easy as those that are already open, there will be more people who are going to leave.

The main cause of people leaving is that they can not enter because the server throws it. No XP/Adena rate.

I don't think anyone wants it to be like Live.

I for one would like it to be more like C1-C4 though, those were by far the best times in L2 in almost everyone's mind who played through the years.  They'll argue the specifics, but the statement is true.  The current version is not sustainable, which is the main problem.  I'm above the curve, and I'm sure I'll find a way to be rich with this version too, but it's not healthy for the server at all.  What's the point if nobody will play? You are vastly underestimating the problem if you think it's 20% of the playerbase.  The poll is nearly ~1500 unique users, which is probably half of the real people who play, and three quarters of them said they would leave, sooner or later.

I'm guessing the number is closer to only 20% would stay, if that.

If you are looking for a way to satisfy the player base but maintain or increase revenues how about this:

Maintain drops/adena/spoils as they are now.

VIP 1 -- +50% to drops/spoils/adena

VIP 2 -- +100% to drops/spoils/adena

VIP 3 -- +200% to drops/spoils/adena

VIP 4 -- +300% to drops/spoils/adena

People can't expect to play completely for free and have the same drop rates as the original subscription based game.  But something like the above will give people the choice of what level they want to play, with substantial benefits for each level.

Or make it +100%, +200%, +300% and +400%, which, overall, would probably come closer to creating an economy similar to that in the original game.

4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

If you are looking for a way to satisfy the player base but maintain or increase revenues how about this:

People can't expect to play completely for free and have the same drop rates as the original subscription based game.  But something like the above will give people the choice of what level they want to play, with substantial benefits for each level.

Not sure about the numbers but I entirely agree with the concept!  The number specifics would have to have a lot of proper data.  But eyeballing they look about right.

This would create a fairly large barrier to entry for botters to farm significant amounts of adena while still allowing free to play players to progress at multiple different levels for different subscription costs.  It's the obvious solution if you ask me.  

The drop rate bonus needs to be diluted by party participation, obviously.  Much like drop rate runes on retail.

7 minutes ago, Lawman said:

How do I delete someone elses' forum post?
Look, the limited testing people did of other versions of classic have shown the spoil/drop/adena rates are estimated to be 25-33%. If paying for vip4 becomes mandatory to enable spoiling then the wall still exists, it's just not immediately noticeable. The vip bonuses are incredibly good as they are, and I don't think I'm the only one who would be tempted to buy it if all the issues are resolved tomorrow. There's no need for workarounds like this at all if they are just put to normal.

13 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Or make it +100%, +200%, +300% and +400%, which, overall, would probably come closer to creating an economy similar to that in the original game.

in theory works, in practice nop. This simply makes pay to play WITH pay to win store which will be even worse then live servers now

14 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I don't think anyone wants it to be like Live.

I for one would like it to be more like C1-C4 though, those were by far the best times in L2 in almost everyone's mind who played through the years.  They'll argue the specifics, but the statement is true.  The current version is not sustainable, which is the main problem.  I'm above the curve, and I'm sure I'll find a way to be rich with this version too, but it's not healthy for the server at all.  What's the point if nobody will play?

There are more options to grab Adena, not just the monsters, there are "quest" that give you 3,200 Adenas every 10 items.

make the game easier I do not think the solution, I am in the same situation as you and the difficulty of the adena does not bother me. I consider that other facilities are given to the player.

Making the monsters drop four times more adena is a problem. Not to mention those who want to do 3 times more experience.

You always want to travel in GK, you always want to use SS or SPS, you want to kill 30 minutes and be fully equipped.

Does not it seem like a lot to you for a game that should be classic? they give you equipment up to grade D, do not you think it's a nice help in itself?

My account was lucked for 5 days, yesterday when i got unlocked i could NOT apply my CHronicle Pack code because there was non.
Transaction history  showing Chronicle Pack 30$, but i didn't get any coded or it was applied to my l2 account. 

ps this is only happened with 1 account where i used Credit Card instead of paypall, 

7 minutes ago, Sutrius said:

in theory works, in practice nop. This simply makes pay to play WITH pay to win store which will be even worse then live servers now

They will add more pay to win if they do not find alternative avenues of revenue.  Think ahead not immediate.  This is a great solution and will prolong the health of the server for a very long time.

41 minutes ago, Balerion said:

Yep and that's part of the problem. Because you holding the spot of someone else who can play this time and by the time you back they will be done. But because people just sitting because they can't logging they holding spot on the server. See it's a loop, you can't login because 50% of the server afk and holding the spot but they do that because they can't login.

2 minutes ago, Balerion said:

There are more options to grab Adena, not just the monsters, there are "quest" that give you 3,200 Adenas every 10 items.

make the game easier I do not think the solution, I am in the same situation as you and the difficulty of the adena does not bother me. I consider that other facilities are given to the player.

Making the monsters drop four times more adena is a problem. Not to mention those who want to do 3 times more experience.

You always want to travel in GK, you always want to use SS or SPS, you want to kill 30 minutes and be fully equipped.

Does not it seem like a lot to you for a game that should be classic? they give you equipment up to grade D, do not you think it's a nice help in itself?

I prefer C1-C4 over whatever game you prefer :)  This is classic Lineage II to me, and I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the population here.  Unfortunately, from your perspective, you need us, we don't need you.

2 minutes ago, Amiaki said:

Yep and that's part of the problem. Because you holding the spot of someone else who can play this time and by the time you back they will be done. But because people just sitting because they can't logging they holding spot on the server. See it's a loop, you can't login because 50% of the server afk and holding the spot but they do that because they can't login.

Incentives matter.

Fishing gives that incentive.

Remove it.

1 minute ago, Balerion said:

Bro the prima guide has been linked multiple times as irrefutable proof that old school l2 was not as hard as you like to think it was. Mobs dropped more gold in c1 than they do here. Stop thinking like we want an increase from 1x to 3x because it's not like that at all. We want the 0.25-0.33x we have to the 1x it should be. Fragola just streamed going 1-10 on jp classic and made double adena and more drops. People have compared this to eu and gotten 3-4x. You are playing Ethiopia simulator right now. Please stop defending it because you like to feel hardcore on the forums. The community will not repeat spider quest 50 times on multiple boxes for a weapon and you WILL end up on a dead server.

2 hours ago, Mboopi said:

When was Lineage 2 a game about quests? It was always an open world grinding game, not spamming repeatable quests to death. 

4 minutes ago, Balerion said:

make the game easier I do not think the solution, I am in the same situation as you and the difficulty of the adena does not bother me.

Read very, very carefully, what the one I quoted above you said.

L2 was NEVER about repeating idiotic quest just to be able to afford SS's and some NG weapon!

4 minutes ago, FatHips said:

They will add more pay to win if they do not find alternative avenues of revenue.  Think ahead not immediate.  This is a great solution and will prolong the health of the server for a very long time.

i am wery well aware of ncwest practices, the soulshot placement in cash shop wasn't for no reason and it will just keep stacking. Just look at how live servers were, new event every month where people had to spend thousands to get items unobtainable in game to stay relevent, never enough. and you think couple hundred people paying 15$ a month will be enough.

Alexandrielle, you are right an in principle I agree the rates should be raised.  Remember, though, that those rates were payed for with a monthly subscription.  How will they be payed for now, when the game is free to play?  If the base game is completely satisfactory, no one will want to pay for VIP unless VIP includes blatant pay-to-win, like the live servers do.  And if no one pays, NCWest does not make a profit and the game quickly closes.

Archived