Issues Status Update - 10.8.2018

Hime

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video link was accurate as bleep LMAO.Let me enlighten you people, you innocent childs.Its not that NCsoft cant fix the rates right away, they KNEW the rates were like this.Its not they are reviewing the source of the problem and trying to find a way to fix it.They are trying to find a way TO MAKE ANGRY PEOPLE STAY in the game and maximise their profit from doing so IN THE SAME TIME.Basically they are trying to thing the best course of action so servers wont go empty,but in the meantime, people will continue buy coins or they will buy even more.So prepare for a new Vip system soon that is gonna be more expensinve and will get ur proper rates while free to play players will probably get granted some free crap so they shut up for a month until they figure out they cant continue like this anymore.Thats their plan mates, if they wanted they could fix the rates within an HOUR, they are just thinking what to do to make more money than they already did

1 minute ago, rangomal said:

That video link was accurate as bleep LMAO.Let me enlighten you people, you innocent childs.Its not that NCsoft cant fix the rates right away, they KNEW the rates were like this.Its not they are reviewing the source of the problem and trying to find a way to fix it.They are trying to find a way TO MAKE ANGRY PEOPLE STAY in the game and maximise their profit from doing so IN THE SAME TIME.Basically they are trying to thing the best course of action so servers wont go empty,but in the meantime, people will continue buy coins or they will buy even more.So prepare for a new Vip system soon that is gonna be more expensinve and will get ur proper rates while free to play players will probably get granted some free crap so they shut up for a month until they figure out they cant continue like this anymore.Thats their plan mates, if they wanted they could fix the rates within an HOUR, they are just thinking what to do to make more money than they already did

Ofcourse, that is obvious. And this is something everybody here should read.

31 minutes ago, Spalson said:

That's not a solution :S Should I wait till late night hours to try create a char?

If you are fast enough to do that in 5 seconds you will create it. Just couple of my friends were able to do that. Technically it's possible, but hard. Wish you good luck.

2 minutes ago, ChrisTooFar said:

First and foremost fix the queue issue!

Also -- a small bump to drop rates and **SPOIL** rates would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure an exp bump would be smart, it is fine imo.

exp rates are exactly x0.75 of original classic rates, drop/spoil/adena is like x0.25 original

I understand your concern about this technical issue.

But please RELEASE the new patch notes. 
Here you have players, people who paid and dedicated hours of efforts and take this for consideration!

1 minute ago, marcysiek said:

exp rates are exactly x0.75 of original classic rates, drop/spoil/adena is like x0.25 original

Right -- and with their current model (selling small exp boosts), that exp rate seems about right.

I also think the drop and spoil is something like 15%... at least compared to what is listed as drop/spoil probability on l2wiki classic. Adena could use a small bump too.

I just don't want them to 'over forgive' and make it above 75-100% ... that would kill classic in the other direction lol

10 hours ago, BangOut said:

So you would rather these freeloaders  leave so vips can jerk each other off on empty server? sounds like fun and great investment.

Also prioritize that xp loss, pvps/pks are super rare because it doesn't make sense to lose 10% atm.

15 million people paid $15/mo for WoW at one point

several million for Lineage, why do you think it is not worth paying for access?  the VIP is essentially an access fee.  Think of the freemium version as a trial version that leads to real play with VIP status.

I also think its a great system.  Nerfing the freemium players drops helps control bots/adena seller population as well.  It will make them have to buy VIP accounts to bot efficiently, and that will give them a large cost of entry if they get banned.  It's all good, we just need much better drop rate on VIP and call it a day.

Beyond that, the login problem is probably #2 in priority, exp on death and other nonsense can come later.  Try not dying and it wont affect you.

6 minutes ago, FatHips said:

15 million people paid $15/mo for WoW at one point

several million for Lineage, why do you think it is not worth paying for access?  the VIP is essentially an access fee.  Think of the freemium version as a trial version that leads to real play with VIP status.

I also think its a great system.  Nerfing the freemium players drops helps control bots/adena seller population as well.  It will make them have to buy VIP accounts to bot efficiently, and that will give them a large cost of entry if they get banned.  It's all good, we just need much better drop rate on VIP and call it a day.

Beyond that, the login problem is probably #2 in priority, exp on death and other nonsense can come later.  Try not dying and it wont affect you.

I agree -- make VIP3/4 be somewhat close to what retail was in terms of drops/spoils. I wouldn't mind a flat 0.75/0.75/0.75 for VIP. At least then it would feel similar to the original.

2 hours ago, Stett said:

All the arguments about adena are in fact wrong. If you raise the Adena drop, then you should also raise the cost of soulshots and every item in the game inside the merchant. Inflation kills an economy. Whether its xp or adena. IN a real world economy, if you inflate the currency of an economy then everything else should go up in price as well. They charge you nothing to play this game. Try that on a most mobile free games that use an energy system. NO one can force you to spend money on this game. That is not a valid argument.

Whatever rate you increase the adena should be the same for every item in the npc shop, I bet people would still be angry. 

It's similar to the argument minimum wage should be $15.00 haha

There are mobs that give more adena and some that give more xp… people still trying to figure that one out...

you have absolutely no concept about economics whatsoever.  Take that 9th grade econ knowledge out of here :-)

I'll do you a favor and educate you a little:

What you said would apply if the shop items, npc items, ncstore items were tied to a limited supply, however they are not.  They are effectively price floors for all items related, and are set by the government (since we're using economics terms here).  Due to this, it is logical to tweak the rate at which adena drops to match the price in the shop at an appropriate ratio.  Most of the playerbase seems to think that that ratio is currently set at an unacceptable rate for them to continue to keep playing (keep in mind this is an opinion unique to each player).  While the logic is similar to the minimum wage, you missed a significant influencing factor, that the shop items etc are not demand or supply driven.  They are outside of the supply chain (unlimited) and therefore standard economic principles do not apply. 

Another player (and one with a true economics education) had suggested that the npc prices be lowered as compensation for the decreased adena rates.  This would be helpful, but it would not address the issue of lack of materials and full drops that normally exist to balance the games economy as currently designed.  So it's a partial fix to address the adena issue.

There is also the issue of lack of capital.  Yes there will be more adena over time, but the rate of which players exit the market will be severe until a "critical mass" is reached to where capital investment can realistically takeplace.  The investment of capital is the main thing that keeps economies out of recession and depression.  Right now, there is literally no capital to invest in the game.

I would strongly encourage you not to try to sound like an expert when it is profoundly obvious you have very superficial knowledge on the subject you dove into.

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

At least they could restart the server for now. Take a look what's going on at the fishing areas. That would give about 2000 free slots for people that really want to play.

Kicking non-VIP accounts afk once an hour would be acceptable.

Archived