About Bots

Nerferu

Just now, Nerferu said:

we were promised an efficient solution against the bots, plus I see tons of bots spread by the server.
I would like a staff position on this and what action will be taken.

Just like retail servers, nothing will be done aside from random bans. The top clans wont be touched for botting and the RMT companies and future cash shop events will be your main supplier of adena as with retail. You either get used to this or don't play, it's as simple as that.

sadly nothing can be done about bots and RMT and never will. 

what do you care anyway?

you can play just fine even if some are botting somewhere.

it is not affecting you to make friends and play together to achieve a common goal.

it would be nice if they have a protection against bots that actually do something but...

People will try to bot. It's the nature of the game. It's been around for so long (Botting) that people will try and try until they just can't anymore. 

NC is working hard to stop the bots. 

From what I've heard, there have been already quite a few ban waves. 

1 minute ago, Dude said:

People will try to bot. It's the nature of the game. It's been around for so long (Botting) that people will try and try until they just can't anymore. 

NC is working hard to stop the bots. 

From what I've heard, there have been already quite a few ban waves. 

i love that NC is working hard to stop bots hahaha, that's a good one mate, NC never managed to do anything against bots and never will cause they don't care. i remember back on 2006 tons of bots ingame a lot of posts about it on forums and guess what. still 12 years later nothing have changed.

19 minutes ago, fIlWm said:

i love that NC is working hard to stop bots hahaha, that's a good one mate, NC never managed to do anything against bots and never will cause they don't care. i remember back on 2006 tons of bots ingame a lot of posts about it on forums and guess what. still 12 years later nothing have changed.

yea but we had fun at that time so we can have fun now...

its not like i cant sleep or eat because lineage 2 have some bots

20 minutes ago, fIlWm said:

I didn't say they did work hard in the past. Please use your reading comprehension skills. 

They invested time and money to stop z a few years ago. 

Now ad. is apparently still an option for people. And they invested into Xigncode which HAS been working. I've heard of people using ad and getting the ban hammer. 

The system takes time to process the data it receives to issue a penalty. Report the bots. Watch them dissapear. 

1 hour ago, Nerferu said:

we were promised an efficient solution against the bots, plus I see tons of bots spread by the server.
I would like a staff position on this and what action will be taken.

that promise is something we keep hearing since c4 and l2 walker boomed... dont wait too much

12 minutes ago, Dude said:

I didn't say they did work hard in the past. Please use your reading comprehension skills. 

They invested time and money to stop z a few years ago. 

Now ad. is apparently still an option for people. And they invested into Xigncode which HAS been working. I've heard of people using ad and getting the ban hammer. 

The system takes time to process the data it receives to issue a penalty. Report the bots. Watch them dissapear. 

get serious ncwest never cared for bots if they did they would had get rid of em back in the first days of the game. they was doing back then just some random bans from time to time thats all. you will not see bots to dissappear no matter how many of em you report as long as there are people willing to buy adena from em.

17 minutes ago, existenz said:

yes we had a lot of fun ill agree with you but the difference is that we had a decent p2p system that was working and not a f2p system that is broken and it force you to p2w.

52 minutes ago, existenz said:

I WILL go on a hunger strike! starting now...ok I'm done.  but seriously bots are my biggest pet peeve in this game, especially when in so many other games they are routinely and seemingly easily dealt with.  

subscription model will significantly increase the cost of entry for bots, combined with decent enforcement (at a far lower cost, due to less volume), easy solution to bot problem.

Yet another consequence of our beloved free to play model.

Archived