Unpopular Opinion

ZygiA

So, I hear the rumors that the drop rates will be increased. So, I just wanted to express the opinion that is shared by some, but not the majority. 

It has been a week since opening and many people are concerned that the adena and drop rate in general is too small. I know for a fact that it is smaller than on Skelth and other 'Classic' servers, however, it is not as hard as people tend to make it look.

I see every other person running with top NG/low D weapons already. I see CP's lvling at AI equipped with D juwel sets. I saw a person selling C grade shots in Dion and I would not be surprised if someone already has a C grade weapon. All this after less than a week. 

I am not sure what people expected? To have top D weapons and armors after few days of grinding? 

Now in regards to the shots. No, you do not have to 'purchase' the shots from the NCstore. You can do certain quests in TI (look it up not going to feed you), that provide unlimited amount of shots/potions if you grind enough of mobs. Also, you can do repeatable quests to farm adena. 

What I do agree with, however, is that spoil rate is too low and Dwarfs are struggling. 

The issue is and again it's my opinion, that people lvl up too fast with all the questing/xp runes and end up lvl 30+ with no adena at all, because they choose not to do all the necessary questing. 

If rates increase, perhaps we should also introduce fees for teleporting? Now that would be fun - right?

Anyway, thanks for reading and posts saying that: This is not how Classic works aren't welcome. I already know what you have to say in regards to that. 

Ziggy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people have problems with the drop rate and exp as is, the problem is the combination of that plus what they sell in the store. It is clear they've created these nerfed rates to sell VIP 4 and other things to you, if the rates were like this and VIP wasn't a thing there would be very few people complaining I reckon. The people you talk about that are so far ahead already have spent a lot of money in the shop. Most of us just want to pay a monthly fee without any of the ridiculous store stuff and be done with it. 

even without the retarded quests (and this is another problem why the hell they removed most of the good quests and slapped those idiotic ones..) we level fast because we know where to xp after 14 years of playing this game..

in the OG you could have d grade in a week and if you were a die hard spoiler brigadine set with tarbar..you would also see people crafting ssd's bssd's and stuff

now the towns are completely dead no one crafts ssd's few dwarfs sales them at 10-9 adena barely making any profit what so ever and the world shout is filled with people crafting NG weapons..

i mean when in the history of l2 you ever saw people CRAFTING NG WEAPONS?

between ng grade and c grade the economy is pretty much dead and bear in mind this is on a server that is 6 days old 

from c grade up to b grade the economy simply dont exists because people cant kill raids with ng weapons or even d grade..

and since the spoil rate and spoil drop rate is abysmall its safe to say that those that will run the economy will be whalers instead of dwarfs which is retarded in many ways

4 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

The issue is and again it's my opinion, that people lvl up too fast with all the questing/xp runes and end up lvl 30+ with no adena at all, because they choose not to do all the necessary questing. 

0 quests cept for a few "money" ones and the starter one. Hit 20 yesterday, 38k Adena and thats only cause I got a few crap low lvl non grade weapons drop. No runes, buffs etc ever used. Never used soul shots still have the ones I got from visiting newbie helper and turning in my blue gem. I don't recall ever being so useless 14 years ago hitting 20.

You were saying? 

7 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

even without the retarded quests (and this is another problem why the hell they removed most of the good quests and slapped those idiotic ones..) we level fast because we know where to xp after 14 years of playing this game..

in the OG you could have d grade in a week and if you were a die hard spoiler brigadine set with tarbar..you would also see people crafting ssd's bssd's and stuff

now the towns are completely dead no one crafts ssd's few dwarfs sales them at 10-9 adena barely making any profit what so ever and the world shout is filled with people crafting NG weapons..

i mean when in the history of l2 you ever saw people CRAFTING NG WEAPONS?

between ng grade and c grade the economy is pretty much dead and bear in mind this is on a server that is 6 days old 

from c grade up to b grade the economy simply dont exists because people cant kill raids with ng weapons or even d grade..

and since the spoil rate and spoil drop rate is abysmall its safe to say that those that will run the economy will be whalers instead of dwarfs which is retarded in many ways

No one is selling SSD? Dion, Gludin, Gludio etc. is full of dwarfs selling SSD. And yes, I have seen people crafting NG. Top NG weapons like Compound bow are in the game TO BE CRAFTED. And for your information, in Prelude or C1 people did not have the luxury of free teleports and freebies like buff/exp scrolls and free shots. 

4 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

0 quests cept for a few "money" ones and the starter one. Hit 20 yesterday, 38k Adena and thats only cause I got a few crap low lvl non grade weapons drop. No runes, buffs etc ever used. Never used soul shots still have the ones I got from visiting newbie helper and turning in my blue gem. I don't recall ever being so useless 14 years ago hitting 20.

You were saying? 

Well, you simply do not know how the game works then, if you only have 38k adena and did not use shots because you cannot afford to. Again, do the quests for the shots in TI. Period. 

6 minutes ago, Opal said:

I don't think people have problems with the drop rate and exp as is, the problem is the combination of that plus what they sell in the store. It is clear they've created these nerfed rates to sell VIP 4 and other things to you, if the rates were like this and VIP wasn't a thing there would be very few people complaining I reckon. The people you talk about that are so far ahead already have spent a lot of money in the shop. Most of us just want to pay a monthly fee without any of the ridiculous store stuff and be done with it. 

I don't mind if they remove the store and introduce monthly subscription like it used to be. I really don't. But people will still find things to cry about. 

Literally not a single person said they want to get top D after a few days. No one said that they want to play on a high rate server.

There were some people with top D yesterday or even before that already. All of which are the effect of closely coordinated groups pooling resources of 9+ people grinding in the most effective ways for 8-12-16h+ per day. 

Nobody says that this should not be rewarded, because it should, no doubt about it.

The problem is that everyone who is not min-maxing to the absolute limit is currently being punished for that.

Just now, ZygiA said:

Well, you simply do not know how the game works then, if you only have 38k adena and did not use shots because you cannot afford to. Again, do the quests for the shots in TI. Period. 

I am well aware of the shots. This is a separate character for me to see if quests were really the issue why everyone was bugging. It was not. 

those that had it hard in c1 was only the humans the rest were pretty much FINE and no even back then no one was actually crafting ng weapons because you could have gotten them far cheaper on the shop of gludio 

plus that excuse of "Free teleport" must die we all know that ncfail always put free teleport for a short period of time and then everything goes to normal..then what? gonna pretend that this never happened?

also we cant even play most of the times unless we log before the time the vietkongs logs cause otherwise we wait on the quota and get disconnected

Even before free teleport people just ran and spammed /loc til they were closer to the other village and just soe'd. Now people don't even want to buy soe's and just take the 5 min wait with escape cause that 500 Adena is so precious now lol. 

20 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

So, I hear the rumors that the drop rates will be increased. So, I just wanted to express the opinion that is shared by some, but not the majority. 

It has been a week since opening and many people are concerned that the adena and drop rate in general is too small. I know for a fact that it is smaller than on Skelth and other 'Classic' servers, however, it is not as hard as people tend to make it look.

I see every other person running with top NG/low D weapons already. I see CP's lvling at AI equipped with D juwel sets. I saw a person selling C grade shots in Dion and I would not be surprised if someone already has a C grade weapon. All this after less than a week. 

I am not sure what people expected? To have top D weapons and armors after few days of grinding? 

Now in regards to the shots. No, you do not have to 'purchase' the shots from the NCstore. You can do certain quests in TI (look it up not going to feed you), that provide unlimited amount of shots/potions if you grind enough of mobs. Also, you can do repeatable quests to farm adena. 

What I do agree with, however, is that spoil rate is too low and Dwarfs are struggling. 

If rates increase, perhaps we should also introduce fees for teleporting? Now that would be fun - right?

Anyway, thanks for reading and posts saying that: This is not how Classic works aren't welcome. I already know what you have to say in regards to that. 

Ziggy

I agree. I dont want any change adena drop rates. Spoil rates just need to be fixed. 

Seriously?

You see people already in TOP NG or Low D? Where? Sure , you might see some , but the majority are nowhere near Top NG or Low D. There might be a person having a C weapon? :D In what movie? 

Listen, whatever you saw, they are in the minority. Moreso , I believe they are the very small procent of players , aka the ones who spent $ to buy SS's so they can farm in-peace. 

Now, if you want a game to be played by the minority while the majority suffer in a deep poverty , then it means you want the game to fail. No man in his right mind can accept this type mechanics in a game. 

The issue is NOT that players level up to fast. The issue is the XP rewards vs Adena/Drop/Spoil rewards. You can't have say x1 XP and x0.25 Adena/Drop/Spoil. That means the economy will get destroyed. 

Now, keep in mind that NG's and D's full drops are much more often to be seen then C's and B's. On a Medium/Long Terms point of view, this rates will ruin the server. Period!

2 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Seriously?

You see people already in TOP NG or Low D? Where? Sure , you might see some , but the majority are nowhere near Top NG or Low D. There might be a person having a C weapon? :D In what movie? 

Listen, whatever you saw, they are in the minority. Moreso , I believe they are the very small procent of players , aka the ones who spent $ to buy SS's so they can farm in-peace. 

Now, if you want a game to be played by the minority while the majority suffer in a deep poverty , then it means you want the game to fail. No man in his right mind can accept this type mechanics in a game. 

The issue is NOT that players level up to fast. The issue is the XP rewards vs Adena/Drop/Spoil rewards. You can't have say x1 XP and x0.25 Adena/Drop/Spoil. That means the economy will get destroyed. 

Now, keep in mind that NG's and D's full drops are much more often to be seen then C's and B's. On a Medium/Long Terms point of view, this rates will ruin the server. Period!

KABAL, buddy, run to Orc Baracks/AC or AI right now and count the people you see with top NG or low D weapons. There are many. As I said, this is an unpopular opinion, so I expected to be attacked tbh. 

Just now, ZygiA said:

KABAL, buddy, run to Orc Baracks/AC or AI right now and count the people you see with top NG or low D weapons. There are many. As I said, this is an unpopular opinion, so I expected to be attacked tbh. 

Buddy , and what part of "they are the minority" you did not understand ?! How many are farming in Orc Baracks ? 100 ? Also, what part of "they spend $ for SS's" you did not understand?

@ZygiA the main thing you're forgetting is there is currently an event going on atm for Boxes, allowing players to obtain top NG/DG/CG items. This has added a influx of items that normally wouldn't be there. When this event ends, and you're left with nerfed drop rate and adena rates, no-one will be able to farm gear properly unless you make constant 9 man parties and use no soulshots grinding light blue/green mobs. In which case in a month or 2 you can afford your first C weapon for 1 player lol.

1 minute ago, KABAL said:

Buddy , and what part of "they are the minority" you did not understand ?! How many are farming in Orc Baracks ? 100 ? Also, what part of "they spend $ for SS's" you did not understand?

And what part of do the blooming quest where for 10 skins you get 60 SS's did YOU not understand? Stop being ignorant. And they are not the minority, if you are smart enough, you'll buy the blooming Forest/Compound or low D bow in no time. 

10 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

those that had it hard in c1 was only the humans the rest were pretty much FINE and no even back then no one was actually crafting ng weapons because you could have gotten them far cheaper on the shop of gludio 

plus that excuse of "Free teleport" must die we all know that ncfail always put free teleport for a short period of time and then everything goes to normal..then what? gonna pretend that this never happened?

also we cant even play most of the times unless we log before the time the vietkongs logs cause otherwise we wait on the quota and get disconnected

Or as a drop. I remember hit lev20 a have a good set of NG wep/armor. The having Adena to get a cheap D grade a . Now am lev25 with NG and having to farm green mobs. I dont care what anyone post here. Something bleeping wrong with all this.

2 minutes ago, Gazob1 said:

Nothing explains why lv30+ mobs drop the same adena as lv5 mobs

Because somehow Classic got the same rulesets as Retail. Where only the top 2 hunting grounds have ok-ish Adena. Everywhere else from 20-99 gives roughly the same amount.

4 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

And what part of do the blooming quest where for 10 skins you get 60 SS's did YOU not understand? Stop being ignorant. And they are not the minority, if you are smart enough, you'll buy the blooming Forest/Compound or low D bow in no time. 

Bow? Why should I buy the bow? And do the quest for 60 SS's at level 23 which I am now? Are you fcking serious ? I take it that you'll say the same if I was 35, right? YOU stop being ignorant. And again, YES they are the minority. Prove me wrong. Go in Orc Baracks and tell me how many are there farming with Top NG and Low D. Do that, then do the math, then come back here.

STOP making assumptions and present them as being facts!

Archived