Unpopular Opinion

ZygiA

But that just makes it mandatory to make a dawrf alt. To get spoils and sell to shop/player. Might as well actually fix the problem. There are no 100percent scrolls or save tickets in this version. There will be plenty of Adena sinks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackl said:

But that just makes it mandatory to make a dawrf alt. To get spoils and sell to shop/player. Might as well actually fix the problem. There are no 100percent scrolls or save tickets in this version. There will be plenty of Adena sinks.

Well, to be fair with you, this game has always been about clans crafting stuff for their players. Soloing in L2 isn't the easiest thing to do - possible but not easy. 

Honestly, at this point, I'll just be happy to see that the spoil rates and broken xp of some mobs are fixed.  I'll actually start playing again if that happens.  At least then maybe I'll actually have a chance of crafting my gear.

1 minute ago, ZygiA said:

Well, to be fair with you, this game has always been about clans crafting stuff for their players. Soloing in L2 isn't the easiest thing to do - possible but not easy. 

Nothing about possible. If you buff spoils but leave Adena flat you're just going to have everyone box a dwarf account with them. Clans have always been intergral to l2. But with Adena this low people will just horde even more. Scarcity effect and all that.

OP, why do you talk about it being "fine" if you do the quests. When was Lineage 2 a game about quests? It was always an open world grinding game, not spamming repeatable quests to death. Things are clearly not what a Lineage 2 classic game should be, so no need to find excuses for them.

There's one thing I find hard to understand...

U're telling us that it's how the game is meant to be...OK

However everbody agree on the fact that the game was advertised as being based on a classic 1.5 experience (actually even a later one)

Many people, including me, told and prove that the adena, spoil and drop rate were way too low for a 1.5 classic server, based on our experience on such a retail server (Eu or Ru)...the thing is : why is it so hard to believe us ?!?

I mean there was screenshots, comparisons, reference to wiki...but yet no, for u everybody is wrong or does not remember the old time so well...:|

2 hours ago, ZygiA said:

So, I hear the rumors that the drop rates will be increased. So, I just wanted to express the opinion that is shared by some, but not the majority. 

It has been a week since opening and many people are concerned that the adena and drop rate in general is too small. I know for a fact that it is smaller than on Skelth and other 'Classic' servers, however, it is not as hard as people tend to make it look.

I see every other person running with top NG/low D weapons already. I see CP's lvling at AI equipped with D juwel sets. I saw a person selling C grade shots in Dion and I would not be surprised if someone already has a C grade weapon. All this after less than a week. 

I am not sure what people expected? To have top D weapons and armors after few days of grinding? 

Now in regards to the shots. No, you do not have to 'purchase' the shots from the NCstore. You can do certain quests in TI (look it up not going to feed you), that provide unlimited amount of shots/potions if you grind enough of mobs. Also, you can do repeatable quests to farm adena. 

What I do agree with, however, is that spoil rate is too low and Dwarfs are struggling. 

The issue is and again it's my opinion, that people lvl up too fast with all the questing/xp runes and end up lvl 30+ with no adena at all, because they choose not to do all the necessary questing. 

If rates increase, perhaps we should also introduce fees for teleporting? Now that would be fun - right?

Anyway, thanks for reading and posts saying that: This is not how Classic works aren't welcome. I already know what you have to say in regards to that. 

Ziggy

Understandable if you look at the current system. 

If you peer into the future, where everyone did not get a free mid-NG weapon, free mid-NG armor, and free mid-D grade armor, what you said would make sense.  Most people you saw (the tiny minority) with D grade weapons barely scraped enough to buy a low D (350k) weapon, because they had literally everything else handed to them.  Without the handouts, they'd be in mid-NG while level 30+.  Those are the people who did quest, who did make alts.  I know, because I'm one of them.

Fact of the matter is, almost all of the gear you've seen has been done outside the economy, and will not sustain beyond those levels.  So once players get into C grade, they won't, they'll still be in their free sets, best case scenario they will have farmed enough on alts for a minor weapon.

That's the problem.  You have to look more into the future, don't be sucked into the common wisdom of not looking beyond your nose.

1 minute ago, Djos said:

There's one thing I find hard to understand...

U're telling us that it's how the game is meant to be...OK

However everbody agree on the fact that the game was advertised as being based on a classic 1.5 experience (actually even a later one)

Many people, including me, told and prove that the adena, spoil and drop rate were way too low for a 1.5 classic server, based on our experience on such a retail server (Eu or Ru)...the thing is : why is it so hard to believe us ?!?

I mean there was screenshots, comparisons, reference to wiki...but yet no, for u everybody is wrong or does not remember the old time so well...:|

because the expectations for the q4 was set low from the parent company so that they can annc insane profitability on the reports hence why you see retarded decisions 

this is not prelude or c1. this is a game on it's own with rates lower than older c1, if you are to compare.

why some people got things faster than in the past? because in the past nobody knew wth is this game. i alone was visiting places for days and see the environment, before starting to understand what to do in this game. now a lot of players started with the idea of being efficient and they pretty much knew what they have to do from the start. they also pour more hours into the game than they used to do at the start. it's a huge difference. i don't know how you can compare.

People didn't come for L2 Great Depression edition. They came for L2Classic based on Chron 1/2.

C1 wasn't like this. The other Classic servers aren't like this. Either this is a bug or intentional. One of those answers still has me playing tommorow.

I literally cannot fathom how anyone could think these rates are fine.

A day of farm without shots gets you about 7k at 20-25, if you're lucky.

It's broken, L2 was never like that, anywhere.

Also, I'm not brain damaged so I don't intend to farm the spider quest all day long. Are you planning to gear your 4x characters like this ? Because you'd need to farm the quest over a thousand times to get a dual SoR.

How is this fine ?

3 hours ago, ZygiA said:

I see every other person running with top NG/low D weapons already. I see CP's lvling at AI equipped with D juwel sets. I saw a person selling C grade shots in Dion and I would not be surprised if someone already has a C grade weapon. All this after less than a week. 

That people put a lot of money into the game to get where they are. And that's just P2W. No one likes P2W games.

It only seems fine to you because you are low level and have had the luxury of quests. It's all by design the quests are there so they can give you free stuff and keep you adena starved. In normal L2 there were no quests for free armour or weapons, you earned your adena and got your stuff the old fashioned way and it was more rewarding.

The only people who think it's fine have yet to reach the point where quests run out and it cost more to grind than you earn back in soulshots. Once you get there let me know how it feels, and please don't try to tell me that at level 35 in C1 there were ppl smacking mobs with NG weapons and no soulshots. On my SE I remember buying top D duals by level 40 and wedging a guitar pick in F1 to hold down soulshots.

2 hours ago, Mboopi said:

When was Lineage 2 a game about quests? It was always an open world grinding game, not spamming repeatable quests to death.

Pretty , very much this.

Now kids who keeps saying "do the spider quest and if you can't do that u are bad", can go hide in a cave. 

Oh, and take the OP with you as well.

5 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Pretty , very much this.

Now kids who keeps saying "do the spider quest and if you can't do that u are bad", can go hide in a cave. 

1 hour ago, Kamek said:

I literally cannot fathom how anyone could think these rates are fine.

A day of farm without shots gets you about 7k at 20-25, if you're lucky.

It's broken, L2 was never like that, anywhere.

Also, I'm not brain damaged so I don't intend to farm the spider quest all day long. Are you planning to gear your 4x characters like this ? Because you'd need to farm the quest over a thousand times to get a dual SoR.

How is this fine ?

Made me laugh.  Wife said something similar.

6 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Pretty , very much this.

Have you seen a psychiatrist yet? Because you do not seem to comprehend that this thread was me expressing an 'unpopular' opinion. If you want to express yours, feel free to do so in your own thread. 

50 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

That people put a lot of money into the game to get where they are. And that's just P2W. No one likes P2W games.

The irony is most of them are not winning, only making characters that will be unable to do anything and they will reroll.  It's already happening.

There's also literally nothing to win right now.  The entire server is basically dead, even at full population and lots of activity.  It's a dead man walking.  Most bizarre thing I've ever seen in an MMO honestly.

Now if they change things they'll be ahead, but not in the current state.

6 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

Have you seen a psychiatrist yet? Because you do not seem to comprehend that this thread was me expressing an 'unpopular' opinion. If you want to express yours, feel free to do so in your own thread. 

I just have an "unpopular" opinion over your "unpopular" opinion, and now , I just need to see a psychiatrist? :)

Listen, you are in the minority. No one likes your unpopular idea so, coming here and posting it, what do you thing would of happen? Flowers and red carpet for your "opinion"?!

5 minutes ago, FatHips said:

The entire server is basically dead, even at full population and lots of activity.  It's a dead man walking.  Most bizarre thing I've ever seen in an MMO honestly.

Now if they change things they'll be ahead, but not in the current state.

NCWEST never really understood they had lightning in a bottle. That if they just tried a bit harder they could grow the userbase and revenue. L2 has stayed alive IN SPITE of NCSoft. Not because of them.

43 minutes ago, KABAL said:

I just have an "unpopular" opinion over your "unpopular" opinion, and now , I just need to see a psychiatrist? :)

Listen, you are in the minority. No one likes your unpopular idea so, coming here and posting it, what do you thing would of happen? Flowers and red carpet for your "opinion"?!

You'll probably get your 200a per mob tomorrow, stop crying already. You'll have your C grade in a week. 

Archived